Best Assassin's Creed game?

I've never played AC games. Should I play all of them and start with the 1st one or should I just play the best ones?

Attached: b859ee800f5ff9d73833e691f5f20989a377c007.jpg (616x353, 35K)

Start with 1 and stop at Origins.

Start with 1 and stop at Revelations. Play Black Flag if you want a pirate game.

Start with the first, they all get slightly worse over time overall
Origins was like a soft reboot and odyssey pushed it in that direction even harder

If you value your time the only ones you should play are 2 and Black Flag, 1 might be worth checking out if you REALLY and I mean REALLY love the setting, nothing else in the series is worth your time

Start with 1 and play through it, no matter how much you like or hate it. Move on to 2. If you like 2, continue with the rest of the series. If you don't like it after 2, go play Black Flag.
If you like the ship stuff, you can play Rogue after that.
You could then move to Origins. If you like that, Odyssey after.
But please, take your time. This series is not meant to be marathoned, you'll tire yourself out very quickly.

play the first one and see if you like it

it's fun

ass creed would be so much better if we could play with gril tho

>Start with the first, they all get slightly worse over time overall
This so fucking much. The first game despite its poor reception is genuinely the best, though AC2 deserves an honorable mention.

If reception got better with each sequel, it's not because the games were better, only that standards went into free fall. AC1 was judged based on old standards, but by today's retarded standards, it'd get 10/10s and GOTYAY everywhere.

AC 1 is a tech demo
AC 2 is recommended
AC B is what you play if you want more of 2
AC R is if you want even more of 2 and have played 1
AC 3 is a mess story wise and is probably only interesting if youre interested in the timeperiod
AC BF is a recomended if youre into pirates
AC U got some damn good graphics and a pretty good city, the story is a mess though.
AC S is only recommended if you like Victorian London, story is nonexistent and gameplay is as basic as you get in this series.

Origins and Odyssey is a completely different genre

also are there any chances more AC games come to GOG?

Here’s my experience
>AC1
Bought and then dropped quick
>AC2
Gifted. Loved it.
>AC BROTHERHOOD
Improves and adds things from two. My favorite of the series. Would play a remasters in a heartbeat.
>Revelations
Couldn’t stand. Sadly I never saw the end of Ezio
>AC3
Played and dropped. Missions sucked
>AC4
Fun pirate simulator and cool islands to explore. Second favorite AC protag
>Rouge
Didn’t play
>Unity
Dropped
>Syndicate
Never played
>Origins
I actually loved Origins. I was really surprised by how much I got into it.
>Odyssey
Trying to play through it. It just feels like Origins with worse mission. Some cooler areas. But it’s struggling to keep me coming back

Just play origins and Odyssey, the rest are shit and they don't have the fluidity of control yet which besides the graphics is the only redeeming feature.

Rogue is basically a standalone expansion pack to 4 where you get to dick around near the time period of 3.

bump

first is the best one hands down. very straightforward game with no bullshit shoehorned rpg mechanics. can get repetitive in gameplay if you cant appreciate the locale and virtual tourism. great proof of concept game, very cutting edge at its time.

Personal, somewhat more forgiving opinion:

AC1:
Classic, kinda boring/repetitive by today's standards but it's the one that started it all and the story is neat. Recommended. 8/10.
AC2:
Massive improvement over 1 and is generally considered one of the best games in the franchise. Great story, great character, great world. 10/10
AC Brotherhood:
Like AC2 but in a more detailed city rather than a few less detailed ones. My favourite one. 10/10.
AC Revelations:
It's alright, but not as good as the previous two games. Would recommend if you liked Ezio and want to see the end of his story. 7/10.
AC3:
Eh, it was serviceable but kinda boring. Generally considered one of the worst AC games. 5/10.
AC4:
Pretty fun and also considered one of the best games in the franchise, but I thought it kinda fell short on the Assassins Creed side of things. Fantastic if you wanna play a pirate though, as it excels on that front and is why the game is so popular. 9.5/10.
AC Rogue:
Never played.
AC Unity:
Haven't finished. Best game for graphics and environment as its take on Paris is fucking amazing, but story seems kinda meh and it didn't take off due to poor optimisation and shittons of bugs on release. 7/10.
AC Syndicate:
Never played.
AC Origins:
Big departure from the usual style of AC games leading up to this but if you liked stuff similar to Witcher 3 it's great. World is great, Bayek is a cool protagonist and the new style of game was a nice change for the better - more in-depth combat, much bigger open world of both urban and rural environments and many more quests/content to check out. Less free-running though. 10/10 if you like the change.
AC Odyssey:
Somewhat recommended if you liked Origins. Takes the Origins style and adds an attempt at dialogue options and more freedom of choice in a more RPG style, but story is kinda weird and different - doesn't feel like an AC game as much. The world is really great though. 8.5/10 if you want a decent open world RPG.

Ass creed 2 is unironically one of my favorite games of all time

1 through syndicate. including rogue. you'll notice a downwards trend...even though the new stuff is good it just isn't AC.

Black Flag, Unity and Rogue. Or just play whatever historical setting interests you the most. Though history is almost completely thrown out the window with Odyssey. Anybody know when Odyssey is supposed to get the Discovery Tour mode like Origins?

Attached: ACTier.png (1260x1126, 1009K)

Most of the 7th gen AC games aged like shit.