What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: Fallout 76.jpg (1024x576, 147K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kjyeCdd-dl8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's multiplayer and is therefore in this weird area where you have to have people to play with but at the same time it's kind of a solo game.

Jews

Everything

I was bad but shitty journalists/youtubers that thrive off of outrage culture made it seem like it was the worst thing to happen to mankind.

Real answer: Todd went full steam ahead without settling the technical debt from the Fallout 4 engine. So the bugs that plagued FO4 are in FO76 + a whole bunch of new bugs they introduced.

For a game of this scale, it would have made more sense for them to build something from the ground up using unreal if they had to. Instead, they made the poor executive decision to use their buggy, in house mess and made it even worse by rushing it/throwing bodies at the problem instead of hiring top tier talent to fix your shit.

elaborate

kikes

Racism is bad.

Not abandoning over a decade old game engine.

Streamers. It's really not so bad as streamers cried, making all the brainlets to repeat same thing over and over again. I mean, I bet half of Yea Forums still believe in 50gb patch, which isn't real.

Bethesda thought they were competent

Attached: 1450313984334.jpg (744x615, 63K)

Recycled assets game at the expense of the IP reputation.

NIGGERS

Greed.

Bethesda overestimated the amount of fan goodwill and underestimated how much time the game needed to be functional (by Bethesda standards anyway).
It doesn't matter though, the consumer is quick to forgive if you do a little dance and jangle your keys in their face. All will be forgiven by the time starfield rolls around.

Attached: a4z7iord6p021.jpg (750x750, 72K)

Conceptually flawed from the start, a single player RPG with light co op and multiplayer elements would have sold an always online multiplayer shooter with no NPCs had no business being marketed as a Fallout game.

Then it was poorly executed by a company that knew how to build single player RPGs but had no idea how to create or operate the servers for an online multiplayer game.

Then they got money hungry and tried to make up their cash by selling virtual shit to preteens with their parent's credit cards who they label "whales" to let themselves sleep at night.

Attached: Fallout Legion Degenerates.gif (500x447, 93K)

At this point I'm all but convinced that it doesn't even matter. A new engine wouldn't save Beth from their own incompetence so they might just be sticking with the old one so they can keep using it as a scapegoat.

Fix your game, Todd!

better question is what didn't go wrong?

>no single player
>no mod support
>microtransactions
>always online
Should have started off small with a 2-4 player coop game. Even with some sort of tether system, it probably would have been a better step forward, or maybe replace their fucking engine.

Are you sure? I feel like I remember a big patch before.

honestly its nowhere near as bad as people try to make it out to be. if you liked the gameplay loop of 4 its just more of the same in a different area.

Attached: 1556217777603.jpg (583x583, 37K)

>integrating networking into an engine where everything is already built around a singular player object

I feel bad for the poor bastards that were given this task.

Attached: kaiji.png (1280x720, 744K)

>post-apocalyptic future game
>u cant be mean to each other!!!

Attached: 1527891520834.png (1000x714, 588K)

It's actually less buggy than FNV on release. At least I could play F76 without waiting for patches.
I'm sure. All these 50gb nonsense is about console version that didn't supported upgrade from beta version like pc version.

Reminder that the "nice community" meme is just a cover for the non-functional PVP mechanics.

>It's actually less buggy than FNV on release
That is an absolute lie.

It's not. FNV literally didn't started for me till 1st patch. And I'm not the only one, you can google it. F76 started like normal. And if you ask me, server problems are better than not playing at all.

>multiplayer
>developed by bethesda
>creation engine

Attached: 1427019839889.png (1585x1527, 101K)

more or less exactly on point.

When I played it, every person i encountered ignored me and I ignored them. Except one guy who followed me around trying to trade and then shot at me when i kept walking away

After they sold Skyrim 6-7 different times, they thought "These dumbfucks will buy anything we shit out".

>I feel bad for the poor bastards that were given this task.
I guess that would be the poor sods from id and arkane who were press ganged into working on the craptacle.

It was one of the worst aaa games to grace this world.

Because generally when you meet someone it's in the midst of you looting or trying to do something. I don't have the time to dip out and interact with you at this very moment. Don't you know it takes a long time to walk here? There's not even a station nearby.

>FNV literally didn't started for me till 1st patch
good for you, but not for most other people, who were busy making bug and glitch collections on youtube instead of playing the game.

Bethesda

it was TOO good. no game should be this good.

>What went wrong?
>Make a Fallout game
>No story
>Shittier combat
>buggy as fuck still
>awful mechanics
>broken multiplayer mechanics
>no end game
76 is shit

Attached: 1559098685188.gif (220x220, 208K)

shite rushed game. it's a bit better now, but the fag flag profile pic really makes me want a Singleplayer Mode.

>they caved and are adding NPCs
>they're pretending this was their plan all along
It's almost sad

It has a story. The combat is the same as other fallout games. It's not buggy enough to be unplayable. What mechanics are awful and broken? There is an end game.

t. shill

fucking this

Everything went as intended, it's 5D chess play by Todd. He delivered a cheap low effort cash grab under Fallout license to appease the higher ups. And in a meantime he's focusing on the real things - Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield

>le doubles advocate post

>Elder Scrolls 6
it'll be shit and you fucking know it

i'm about to find out

Attached: 76.png (1205x214, 404K)

>tfw actually can’t think of anything
Maybe power armor?

Gamebryo, too many NPCs, not what people wanted when they asked for a fallout with multiplayer, people wanted either a mmo or a normal fallout game with co-op, not a poorly made rust clone with a fallout paintjob that later bought into the Battle Royale meme.

Attached: 1560522308504m.jpg (1006x1024, 292K)

Let's keep slapping all these new features on an ancient engine without trying to optimise it correctly, oooh what about adding multiplayer as well!

youtu.be/kjyeCdd-dl8

That was already done in 4, and fusion cores are the worst thing they did with it. That and bump up the durability and it would be great.

Redpill me on Oxhorn

Reddit incarnate.