Switch Mini

Thanks for beta testing, early adopters.

Attached: switchmini.original.jpg (1265x712, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o49JF6uxzDU
youtu.be/DxHN9g86E7w?t=138
yuzu-emu.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>you can't jig this to get free games

retard

I really hope this is real just because I'm a cheap fuck and don't buy a console until the redesign is out and the OG model is super cheap used.

Wheres the Pro model? i cant be assed to play a portable

Nintendo systems always get hacked.

>non-removable joycons.

Attached: e9d[1].jpg (600x600, 18K)

I'm sure you can connect another controller as P1 and they'll be disabled. Which is what you'll always have to do because if these are gonna be even cheaper then drifting is guaranteed.

>wanting a mini version of something thats already portable

give us a fucking non-portable version with beefed up specs instead.

This shit'll be emulated within two years, there's no point playing these good games at 720P 30fps.

The thing that has me thinking it's real is the bumps on the joysticks for the left and right stick buttons. All the mockups always anticipate the sticks just being clickable despite the portability concerns.

>he doesn't know

>HE doesn't know that it's already been out for two years

>tablets are portable

With what? Yuzu? Kek
You better wait with the state of that shit now..

>467139810
>not a clamshell design

Nintendo wouldn't be stupid enough to do this

>screen is smaller

Hard pass. I'll leave it for you handlets.

That's why I said two years, with the progress and the precedent set by citra this team will have this shit locked by then.
youtube.com/watch?v=o49JF6uxzDU

>Non-removable joycons
Hardest pass on the planet. 2DS levels of 'why' right there. Fucking hell it would be a 2DS model they would try to pass out next with the switch wouldn't it?

The old 2ds is shit, the newer one is what it suppose to be.

Joycons is expensive and minus the dock these shit should cost no more than $199 retail and it'll sell a boatload of these mother fucker.
But knowing nintendo they will most likely just shave $50 of from normal switch and drown in higher margin.
Nintendo love them gross profit.

kek, you remind me of the people i would see in smash threads saying the game would be playable on the emulator in a month and to just look at all the progress they were making with mario as proof.

Glad I waited.

>smash threads saying the game would be playable on the emulator in a month
How is my claim even remotely comparable?
Does emulation just make you mad for some reason?

Took them long enough to make a 3DS successor, now I don't need to use those gay ass joycons and the shitty dock doesn't come with it, honestly I plan to get an Xbox Scarlett next year, what the fuck is the point of the dock when the games looked like shit on TV? Looks better in handheld mode.

it's literally the same shit you're just giving it a wider window, you don't know shit about emulation but you'll come into a thread and spout off how it'll be emulated in 2 years so there's no point in actually buying one while they would go into smash threads and proclaim how there was no point in buying the game because it would be emulated in a month.

Not him but are you actually autistic or dyslexic?

I cannot fucking believe people are acting like this would be an upgrade. What the fuck is wrong with you retards?

Because 2 years is a reasonable timeframe, these are the citra devs we're talking about and the retarded cemu devs accomplished emulating the same game (it's the same game as smash on the WiiU with more characters) in the same timeframe with a more complicated and undocumented cpu architecture (PowerPC vs ARM).
youtu.be/DxHN9g86E7w?t=138

I'm just not a Nintendo dicksucker

Switch sucks, it's a crappy successor to the better 3DS, this is an improvement, what the Switch should have been at the start, a 3DS successor, no dock, no joycons, Nintendo should have stopped making home consoles years ago and just made handhelds.

Way I see it, Switch is a frankenstein "console". Halfway between home console and handheld, with none of the upsides and all the downsides of both. IMO it'd be much better if they just pick one to go with.

Personally I'm just disappointed they didn't go in the opposite direction. I don't play games anywhere but my home. I don't fucking want some portable bullshit with miniaturized hardware and built-in screen and joycons and a charging dock and all this other nonsense that just jacks up the cost when I only want to play it hooked to a TV. I wish they released a no-frills home-console-only version that came with a pro controller, and that was that.

kek more like so ytch mini

Basically from what we've seen it will be a Switch but with no ability to dock and some compatibility issues.

Is it confirmed? I’ll preorder if so. Shit looks amazing

It's a budget option like the 2DS was to the 3DS

Fuck the dock, but why can't Nintendo just fucking make a handheld system with an HDMI-mini port so I can choose to play it on my TV if I choose?

I kind of hope we get a version with a better processor and a 1080p screen/battery. Switch has a ton of potential, but there are too many titles that cannot run decently enough to be playable.

The guys you're talking about were clearly shitposting and you bought it so hard it's not even funny.

I don't know but I hope the Mini has that, it would be Nintendo finally coming full circle with the Super Game Boy and the Game Boy Player.

Isn't this just a mock up from 2017?

>I-I was m-m-m-merely pretending!

Get a lod of this mental retardation

They'll never do it. They'd rather save the few shekels it costs to have a goddamn HDMI out, and instead have it be a cumbersome separate add-on that you need to pay $89+tip for.

THEY were most likely merely pretending yes. That's what most posts are on this board.

wow you're a fucking idiot. most successful console ever "durr fuck the ability to play on the tv and handheld i know best i post on Yea Forums"

and your proof that they had smash 4 working in 2 years is a video released 5 years after the games release?
sure thing and so were the people having discussions about whether or not the ps vita would be able to emulate the ps2 because the MGS hd collection was ported to it.

That's what I'm waiting for. ditch the screen, give default ethernet/more usb ports with better specs/cooling and storage space, and a better default controller. seems more logical imo.

>Because 2 years is a reasonable timeframe
And a month seemed like a reasonable timeframe to the ignorants saying Smash would be emulated within that month, too.

You don't know shit about emulation, you don't know shit about the internal goings-on, you don't know shit about any of it, so what's "reasonable" to you is completely arbitrary and no more credible than some Smashfags saying Smash would be emulated within a month.

>it's the same game as smash on the WiiU with more characters
Right, you're a fucking moron and you have no idea what you're talking about. If it were" the same game" that's already playable then why would a month even seem unreasonable to your ignorant ass?

>give us a fucking non-portable version with beefed up specs instead.

>Unnecessarily splinter your customer base and bloat development cycles, leaving the "beefed up" specs largely pointless and unused because most developers don't want to cut 90% of the existing user base out of their potential pool of customers by prioritizing that version of the console AND don't want to significantly add to the time and cost of development by creating a second build for a version of the console far fewer people have

lolno, this is what happens every single time we have two SKUs with different hardware.

Get over it they stopped making good home console with the GameCube.

You can bring up this thread that I never saw as many times as you like, I don't believe that smash will be emulated within a month.
Meanwhile, you can follow the development of Yuzu here:
yuzu-emu.org/
Or you can join the discord and see the development progress for yourself.
Smash is in game, although shitty, but with BOTW, Mario Odyssey and Bayonetta all looking great it's pretty reasonable to expect smash to follow within two years, ask the devs yourself.
>If it were" the same game" that's already playable then why would a month even seem unreasonable to your ignorant ass?
Because it's a different cpu architecture to the WiiU, obviously you can't just play a switch game on cemu, where are you going with this?
It IS the same game though, just like Mario Kart Nintendo sold you the same game again, this isn't up for debate.

>Missing the point entirely

You know as much/little as the Smashbabbies, we all have access to that same information, both your estimates are 100% arbitrary and equally as useless.

Smash 4 and Ultimate look completely different though. It's just the characters are the same.

>Sold you
The WiiU's sales were terrible and barely anyone bought it or it's games.

Switch isn't a successor to shit. the DS lineupis garbage and the 3DS is a garbage console. Fuck it and you.

Of course they look completely different, it had to be downgraded to work on the switch.

Attached: game.jpg (3808x1804, 613K)

i've seen and played the so called switch mini

it isn't that thing in the op

people should remember nintendo is very conservative

you serious? the overalls and plants look better on the switch though the background looks like it might be a bit worse, it's be easier to tell if the moron who made the picture actually had mario and the clouds in the same positions.

where's ZR and ZL?

if it followed the new3ds trend they would be behind the L and R on top of the console towards the center.

>dark, harsh colors = better
Maybe if you're an idiot, sure. Believe what you want to. I can't stop you.

okay here's a leak

new models are called nintendo switch s

nintendo switch s plus

it's the whole thing, i dont know the specs of the device but looks similar to the switch, it just feels more premium, with better materials and a lighter colour

nintendo switch s

dockless bundle, it's the same console but without the dock and the ac adapater

release september 6

You are a dumb nigger with a dumb nigger brain.

looks like how the console should have been designed from the start. Removable joycon system sucks. Just let the user pair additional joycons.

Sorry OP that doesn't look playskool enough for nintendo, what with how clean and slim that looks.

Switch is a successor to the pile of shit the was the Wii U, Switch Mini is the successor to the greatness that was the 3DS

Beefed up specs? With nu-Nintendo?
Holy LMAO.
The only maket they dont suck is the handheld market and that's where they're going with the new revision. A cheaper with non removable joycons.

>Any system worth the effort will get hacked.
FTFY
It's possible to make it reasonably cumbersome to hack a system, but ultimately it's not possible to prevent it.
Note this is not limited to computers. It applies to literally everything.

Developers make games with different settings all the time. It would be the equivalent of a pc game having the option between low/medium/high/ultra high graphical settings.

Nah man the Switch mini doesnt have a secon screen so it's fucked with the premise already. And doesnt have back compat.

>nintendo once again abondons the gimmick they launched with
EVERY FUCKING TIME. Then you niggers insist switch is aspecial bucuz its different

I use my Switch as a portable handheld 100% of the time though. I dont buy into this hybrid marketing shtick.

You do know is gonna be the same shit but smaller right? Also enjoy replacing the stick when it starts to drift on that thing.

Nintendo rushed switch out because they were being killed. This revision will actually have some semblance of quality.

>Nintendo rushed switch out because they were being killed
Eh...

>nintendo is very conservative
BASED

There's no reason that this can't be docked

The joycon meme

I'm fine with that, feels like a throwback to the Game Boy era.

What the fuck does that even mean?

Listen you yourself right now...seriously

nice, might buy if its $200 or $250 bundle with pokemon. the original switch is a shitty design. i'd also consider a new switch if its more powerful with a better design.

I just watch a Switch - Bedtime Edition, which is a purely handheld version with high quality, comfortable controls, but not scaled down for portability

You pair the additional joycons, while having permanent joycons attached to the system. You listen to yourself, you stupid nigger.

>3DS suffers from the ucking circle pad going inert fucking up the system
>Switch suffers from the joycon's sticks going inert
One of these is replaceable. The other one of these is hard wired as part of the system. I'd far rather take removable joycon's because if they go to shit, the system's still fine and dandy, and I can just get new ones, instead of having to send the ENTIRE thing in for refrab (and if I hack it, that wouldn't be possible anyway). I don't see why people hate the removable element so much when it solves so many issues.

>You can’t play it on a TV
Oof

>My device already has controllers built on
>I KNOW I NEED TO SPEND EVEN MORE MONEY ON EXTRA ONES

retard

Is any switch currently hackable?

Yeah

no, after it was discovered nintendo started patching newer switches. your best bet now is to look for certain serial numbers on the switch.

oh yeah I remember the Gamepad-less Wii U, the one screen DS with no touch screen, the Wii with no remotes... Oh wait

You might remember the feature wasn't used at all and they could have released without it.

>wanting a system with even LESS battery life

Attached: 1547350474417.webm (460x252, 622K)