Can we finally admit it wasnt that bad?

can we finally admit it wasnt that bad?

Attached: brawl.png (1024x680, 1.22M)

Roster choices and music were fantastic
Stage and gameplay not so much, even subspace emissary wasn't really fun besides the bosses

Where were you when Pokemon Trainer was announced?

Virtually every change it's made to gameplay had a negative impact on the series that have slowly been pulled back in Smash 4 and Ultimate. The fact that it was used as a starting point for Smash 4 hurt the quality of that game considerably. Brawl is basically the reason why Smash's most dominant strategies have always been playing defensively for the past 10 years, which makes it significantly less fun if you're playing the games at any level that's higher than "Spam Ike's Forward Smash"

The game had great single player content, but if you're evaluating it as a multiplayer experience, it's by far the worst thing to ever happen to the franchise.

it was shit

browsing gamefaqs+refreshing the dojo constantly as the game was delayed 3 times.

also watching avatar the last airbender religiously as a 14 year old.

It was the last smash crafted with soul

I don't like playing games without context, and I thought SSE was a good inclusion despite it being confused gameplay wise.

>Rated T for Teen

It was so bad that Melee is still played 10 years later competitively with a huge community because of it

It was an outstanding game but if you took out the items/stages and tried to play one on one all serious it was complete garbage.

this. i went back to melee a week after brawl released, what was sakurai thinking.

It was good because it didnt catter to e-sports. Imagine if Mario Kart went down that road, playing with no itens and snaking, thats what meleefags want

Compared to melee it was a huge downgrade, we have reached the "it wasn't that bad" part only because ultimate is even worse, at this point smash only exist for rosterfag to be cancerous to anyone else

I enjoyed Brawl back when it was new but it's definitely the game i find the hardest to go back to nowadays.

have a shower

I took one this morning though.I feel fresh enough until tonight or tomorrow morning.

It was terrible just like every Smash game after 64.

In fact, can we finally stop pretending to hate it just because some greasy smelly autists abused cheap tactics in tournaments that we were never even close to, and can we also admit that we had a lot of fun playing it with our siblings and friends, beating the Subspace Emissary and seeing the cutscenes?

It was fun at the time but it looks pretty bad in comparison to the rest of the series. The artstyle dates the game a lot and doesn't work for a large chunk of the characters, the gameplay changes actively make the game less fun no matter what your skill level was at, the subspace mode feels very half-baked, and technically the game has issues. It was very hyped and following the news back then was a lot of fun, but I don't think the actual product holds up to that hype. It's a fun game, but every Smash is a fun game. This one just happens to be the least fun.

Yeah man it's really not that *trips*

literally the only ones who say that brawl sucks are competitive\tiers fags, prove me wrong

Attached: 1488734987624.jpg (402x461, 101K)

This. I wish more games didn't try so hard to pander to the competitive crowd.

No, we cannot.

It was the ugliest, messiest, most badly broken and boring version of the game, and it destroyed my love and enthusiasm for the genre as a whole.

I've bought neither of the following games because of how disillusioned Brawl made me.

Snaking wasn't even a competitive thing, anyone could spam drift turbos on Mario Kart DS using light high-acceleration vehicles. It got to the point that you either used that tactic in the online or you never won.