I give up on this game, its fucking impossible to pass further than the second level for me...

I give up on this game, its fucking impossible to pass further than the second level for me. Fuck this ass RNG based game that never give me good relic or card combos.

Slay the spire thread I guess.

Attached: file.png (890x608, 982K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spirelogs.com/stats/silent/tierlist.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>RNG
lol

some people even manage to get a decent win rate at ascension 20 (at 0, it's pretty much 100% for them, RNG won't accomplish a thing)

How do you git gud at this shit?

What character is the easiest to build early?

I play a lot of huntress and keep stacking roll and block + dex charms/power but I don't kill shit fast, and some times I get shit draws.

>tfw try the marisa mod and it's actually decently balanced with its own full set of cards and fun to play, also that fucking cat

Attached: .png (1606x929, 1.79M)

Mostly learn what cards work well together and which relics help your build.

Ironclad imo. He has really good straight forward defense and attack cards.

Play more, think more and the game will eventually reward you.

poison decks work well on huntress, get poison flasks / deadly poisons, catalyst, and corpse explosion and turtle while poison does burns them down

How does this game work? I see that it's a roguelite, but apparently it uses cards. Do you reset your deck everytime you lose/die? How does the loop work?

reminder to trim your deck, small decks typically work better. Especially with Huntress since doesn't have a reliable way to exhaust cards.

>Grab ironclad
>get demon form
>get the item to make it innate
>grab Heavy blade+
>Grab flex+
>Literally take out all other attacks
>One shot all bossess

lmao

every time you don't have more cards to draw you shuffle your discard pile and keep drawing

I managed to beat it in 4 hours. Just play warrior and go for armor-based deck.

>tfw try the Featuring Dante from Devil May Cry mod
>so ungodly broken you can basically do anything you want and you can win anyway

>it's a run where you don't get any high value block cards early episode

You get a starting deck with basic attack/defense cards. Each time you beat an enemy you can add a card to your deck. There are also relics with varying effects

>warrior

Attached: 1454461648100.gif (480x270, 637K)

I'm curious, is there something more broken than dead branch/corruption for the ironclad ?

you beat ascension 20 in 4 hours?

If you get feed+ its basically gg

mummified hand with a deck full of powers and some draw

does mark of pain keep giving you wounds forever or do they go away after the combat?

Also, mark of pain or busted crown?

Attached: file.png (784x503, 136K)

Start by picking one of three characters.

The game is divided into "Acts" and each Act is divided into "Floors(Events/Battles)".

You get a default starting deck of cards, and can add "attacks" "skills" and "powers" as you progress.

Basically everything resets when you die. The loop basically unlocks new artifacts, which is basically equipment you can find on a run. There's a couple exceptions on things that carry over with certain events, but very little of it.

>playing defect
>"almost" nothing but shit cards
>pretty much nothing went right
>can barely do any damage, no claw, no defragment, no consume
>BUT you got an infinite loop going thanks to Madness/One For All/Hologram
>heart can't be killed in 1 turn but end up barely beating it by managing to put the card to keep the loop going on top of your draw pile at the end of turn
that sure was a long fight

Attached: .jpg (1280x720, 318K)

Is it a random card every time you beat the enemy? If you don't beat them, it's game over?

>at 0, it's pretty much 100% for them, RNG won't accomplish a thing
Does this include beating the heart? Because I've gotten fucked so many times where the Heart's going for the first big attack and I draw zero defensive options.

Sorry, I thought OP meant base game with heart at the end. I just picked it up.

I just picked it up but I know what you feel. For me these guys are
> Warrior
> Rogue
> Ballwizard
Huntress (I learned her actual title from this thread!) sucks for me as I cannot get proper defense up. Ballwizard is cool but never reached final boss.

pls resbon

You will always start combat with 2 and only 2 wounds in your deck. It's great if you have any exhaust like Fiend Fire. Busted Crown often isn't worth it unless your deck is already set and you're just looking to remove cards until you get to the final boss.

>ballwizard

amazing

you get to pick 1 out of 3 cards after normal fights (some relics affect rewards)

so you slowly decide on a direction for your deck by picking

Act 2 has the best Random events and the hardest normal fights.

>get omamori
>encounter exactly 0 curses
everytime

>get omamori
>get voodoo doll right after
every other time

..and yes, dying ends everything. At first you do get some exp for unlocks but that's a trivial aspect you get over quick (well, there's also 20 extra difficulty levels to unlock but you need to finish the run for that)

if you at least made it to the first boss, you do get a few extra perks to choose from on your next run

>If you don't beat them, it's game over?
Yes, every fight you encounter is a fight to the death. Unless you have an escape potion.

user. You got issues now. Imagine how hard you're going to get it when:
>You have to give up one rest
>Give up one treasure
>Fight a buffed up boss
To even get the ability to fight the final boss. THEN actually fight the final boss.
I've beated three runs. One with each character. And I'll tell you this:
>Ironclad is hardest to play as
>Silent is in the middle
>The Defect has it the easiest
Real fun game. Loving it. It's all about finding those synergies between cards and relics.

even if its RNG, I never die at normal difficulty with any class

>Act 2
>don't worry guys Snecko makes things easier
>draw an entire fucking hand of 3 cost cards
>basically every single hand I draw costs more than it originally does
>die to a fucking snecko
Swear to god the RNG in this game hates me.

If you want a more forgiving single player game then play this instead.

Attached: SWQ.png (1920x1080, 2.8M)

Her name isn't huntress either, it's the "silent".

>The Defect has it the easiest
How the fuck do people kill the Heart with the Defect? I constantly get fucked in Act 4.

while ascensions really ramp up the game time, why aren't they adding more classes, relics, bosses or events? I know there are mods but are there actually any decent class mods? non weeb if possible

Echo.
That card that gives you 5 focus but you lose 1 at the of a turn + an artifact

Their time got consumed by the ports. Now that they're out of the way, maybe we can see new stuff soon.

Slime and cultist are good.
The developers were working in the console release the last few months.
They said they are working in a fourth class and the Mobile version

The mods are amazing and even the weeb mods have thought put into them. But since you don't want that, get the Slimebound and Guardian mods to start off with, and also consider the Disciple and Construct mods as well. The Jungle completely replaces the second act with all-new content, so add that in there too. Get Colored Maps for a massive quality of life improvement, as well as Relic Sorter so you can keep all the 'after x cards played', etc. relics together in one area.

I'm bad at this game but with defect I tend to either get very long turns with hologram/all for one/claw/etc... or got to stack defrag/consume and defense is through the roof with frost orbs.

Usually it's just the start of the fight while setting up that's risky. Nice if happened to get that intangible card event but well.

>>get demon form
>>get the item to make it innate
And then you start pushing into higher difficulties and end up getting one-shot by the boss.

Frost saves lives, Defect powers are OP.

I've not actually reached the heart yet (not that great) but The Defect has some insane passive stacking.
What I found works best is focus on cards that buff and stack lightning balls, get the cards that add 2 extra orbs, and the card that lets you double and play and instantly add another ball.
Then for the late game shuffle in some dark orbs and freeze orbs but only play them if you need them.
Darks work quite well in the middle or end of the stack, building up power. The card that lets you tap into that stored power is handy too.
Also like this user said a couple Echo cards are great. Stack up orbs and buff, but also a couple cards that give you a big chunk of block and some cards for draw and energy management so you don't end up with a dead hand.

>Now that they're out of the way
They haven't finished the most important one, Android.

You arent a man if you dont bet for the Owner in this event.

Attached: Event_-_The_Joust.jpg (340x334, 14K)

>it's a got ice cream at the start of the run when asking for a rare relic episode

Attached: 1545217951691.jpg (657x657, 142K)

>tfw get ice cream at the start
>get greedy and die before the end of Act 1

strenght buffing is good when you are at the beginning and do those nutty +50 damage heavy blade.

But then you go see a good silent player doing loops for ages and kill bossess in one turn.

In the end this is basically "find a loop or die by act 2" the game.

ironchad typically always leave me desperate, starts out easy and then just falls apart except for a few specific setups

heck I don't even bother picking demon form anymore, it feels like a junk card

No

I've seen plenty of successful ascension 20 runs without a loop

and if you're talking of normal difficulty, then that's even worse

The hardest part of the game is trying to get rid of the basic cards and also having a way to get enough draw and energy gain loops.
For Silent. Discard is your friend. Plenty of cards give energy on discard or recycle energy played from a debuff. Draw 4 for discard of 1 at cost of 1 or 2 for 2 for free? You want it.
Sometimes you do want to play risky with Silent. Like getting an extra energy for a starting hand of 3 can be a good trade-off if you have a lot of card draw-synergy going or an innate colorless card that gives you free cards.
Raw combo is the name of the game for Silent. Then it's passive poison burn.
IF you get the relic that passes poison onto the next enemy go all-in on poison. Especially the one that gives all the enemies poison and weak for 2. (It also crushes enemies with artifact protection)

>get relic that makes enemies for 3 fights have one hp
>try to cheese elites with it, pick path with most question marks
>they're all fights

Attached: 1516572233555.gif (540x400, 1.78M)

Defect is so OP ,i even managed to get to ascension 2 with defect after 2 days of playing

but how the fuck do you even play with silent and ironclad? i cant even beat the first act boss with them.i already tried bodyslam start and poison strat but they feel like a weaker version of of defect ice/thunder orb spam

Just git gud, RNG plays a very small role in this game if actually know what you are doing

Can someone give me a small defect guide.

What cards should I pick? what relics are my top priorities?

>i cant even beat the first act boss with them
Spend some time grabbing more attack cards in act 1 then.

should you always just buy the remove card to remove strikes etc in shops if theres not a great relic available to buy?

>Ironclad gets free wins if he gets a Dead Branch
>Silent gets free wins if he gets a Kunai or Shuriken
What relic does the defect want?

Ice. Shit tons of ice. Like, way too much ice. More then you could ever use or want.

Ironclad can utilise an exhaust strat too. Very risky, but if you can get an attack loop going you can deal heavy first turn damage.
But you can very easily run into difficulty end-game with not enough block and you need to find a way to get a lot of energy to actually play cards. So grabbing the one that gives you 30 and/or Panic button is a must and maybe one block double to go with it.

Yes.

Yes
Consistency > more relics

Got the pass two days ago, been playing it ever since, I really like it

Shovel.
Basically if you get the shovel and can keep yourself from getting hurt you can just get an insane amount of relics and laugh.

pretty rare I buy relics from shop at all, unless I got lucky and loaded as fuck

I just spend pretty much all my gold on removing cards the entire run

Membership card is a top tier relic with every class.
Zap is a great card to upgrade.
Sunder upgraded is very good in act 1.
Glacier is a good card always.

mummified hand
combine with heatsink and all of defects god powers + power synergy and you end up playing shit like echo form for 0 energy then playing your entire hand for 1 energy every turn

Mummified Hand, with Creative AI, you win.
see above, alternatively, go with a Frost deck, you'll have so much defense you can do whatever else you want and you'll be untouchable.

>using demon force at A20
Until you get energy through the ass, Demon Force is a burden bro

I'm having trouble beating the heart with Ironclad. What cards should I be looking for/what kinda build should I be going for.

I suck so pretty much all my Heart kills with Ironchad was using Barricade, through the roof defense, and Body Slamming it

something retarded that'll only happen once in a million games like flash of steel + dual wield and nothing else

[laughs in heartbeat]

I have 7 hours in this game and I still can't get past the third stage.

I have no idea what I'm even doing wrong. It feels like most of my losses are due to bad paths (too many enemies, too few campfires) or question mark icons giving me a shitty boss enemy instead of a nice "lose 10 health but get a relic" event.

I think part of the game is honestly just grinding like crazy until you get powerful cards unlocked, then hoping you get an easy path. RNG as far as being able to build a viable deck isn't bad at all, my issue is always just getting three difficulty enemies in a row with no campfire and just getting whittled down like a bitch.

I have reached A20 with all 3 classes so Im gonna give you a few tips.
>when you are picking cards dont try to build archetypes, just think in the moment if your deck can defeat the boss or the elites of the act, and pick accordingly to what do you need.
>intangible is broken. 90% of the time is worth taking the event.
>runic piramid and snecko eye are underrated.
>feed is always a good card to pick, even if you are at the start of the act 3.
>always look for a way to scale your damage.

I just bought the game and finally beated the first map, but I fucked up by picking the red key (I get cursed by every chest) should I reset run?

those cards aren't necessarily powerful, it's just more options, and not something you overly need at standard difficulty either

it all unlocks pretty fast too, don't really need to "grind", just play normally. Those runs would likely have went the same way even if they were unlocked, just need to get used to what works and what doesn't.

Its not a bad relic, keep playing, there are many events to throw cards away.
Also you can always not open any chest

don't reset, you wanna get as far as possible so your character levels up, that gets you unlocks

Don't reset until you lose, you turd. Red key is a great item.

you can beat the game with nothing but shite common cards, what you really need to learn is how to build a deck. You can get an amazing card and if it doesn't fit in your deck it's dead weight. Hell, if you're trying to RNG into a win, relics work better than cards for that.

You don't need to reset, just get some cards that exhaust other cards in your deck, like True Grit, and use that to exhaust the curses. Alternatively, pay money at a shop to remove them.

Cursed key is pretty good and there's not that many chests in a run usually. The +1 energy is worth having a few more curses to deal with (I almost always pick it personally if given the option).

>tfw all trophies except A20
>currently A15 with Silent
>Save data corrupted 90h hours in and now the game is literally unplayable unless I delete my save
>reinstalling game or downloading older save from cloud doesn't work

Fucking shitty indie devs. Just release the patch already. I refuse to start all over again.

Just a tip: Try not to get to focused on only getting the cards you want and instead pick what card you are lacking.

Also this site with a tier list can be helpful just to see what cards you can skip. spirelogs.com/stats/silent/tierlist.php

Have you ever gotten this Relic user?

Attached: Spirit_Poop.png (59x55, 9K)

>People say thin decks are the best
>All my wins on high ascension are with thick 30+ card decks with Silent

I don't get it.

>you can beat the game with nothing but shite common cards
Somehow I doubt that. Is there a niche group in the community who does this regularly or something? Any videos I can watch for reference?

I like the game well enough, but it really does seem more about getting a good path and learning how to build a broken deck/artifact lineup than it is about actually strategizing in battle which makes my good runs feel hollow and my bad runs feel frustrating.

>tfw -1 score

There is a reward for beating the game with only basic and common cards

Well, Silent does have a lot of ways to dig for cards

get good

Attached: 1550197665860.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

Sorry, no reward, just an achievement

>he doesn't have triple lvl 20 ascensions
git
u
d

>2.1% of players have gotten this
I'll be damned. I'd still like to see a video, there must be some shit I'm not "getting" about this game because I never lose a run and know why. It always feels random. Bad rewards, bad artifacts, bad paths, bad draws, bad enemies, or some combination of those things.

inserter + consume

I've cleared Ascension 20 for every character other than Defect, who I've only cleared Ascension 19 with.
Literally get gud, Ascension 0 can be won almost 100% of the time with basic game knowledge.
Try this if you're too shitty to work it out yourself: spirelogs.com

Attached: 1556964384926.webm (398x718, 2.96M)

new classes when

bullshit, this game has worse rng than darkest dungeon

Attached: tumblr_p6jqu1BrcA1vldj14o1_540[1].gif (540x304, 2.66M)

People starting the game have no idea just how much harder the game gets at high ascension. It's almost pointless to show them "look at me beating A20" because they can't grasp it

Firgotten arbiter is a good channel for slay the spire

RNG is there yes, but on standard difficulty it's virtually irrelevant if you just gain an understanding of the game.

Even average players can manage a 100% winrate on ascension 0. It's not about RNG, it's about learning which cards are good and which choices to avoid.

you suck at video games kid. fuck you. thanks for reading.

Ironclad can consistently beat the game on A0 with a 5 card deck of bash, drop kick, a defense card and any 2 attack cards.

I'll check it out, thanks user

My biggest issue with the game, is that on high difficulties every single run plays exactly the same for the very first 6 fights or so.
And from that point on you depend on RNG to get good cards. You have no leverage on building your deck.

True.
Isn't there some guy on youtube at like a 200 loss streak on A20? He might be particularly bad, but not being able to brute force it reflects how high the stakes are and how much your choices matter.

The first few fights are basically automatic. You really just go through the motions to get your cards, it takes barely any time.
There's no way to avoid this with the game design, but the devs left in a lot of modifiers (like draft mode) if you want to mix it up.

>runic piramid and snecko eye are underrated
Just don't pick them in the same run. You end up stuck with 3 cost cards in your hand because you can't reroll them. I ruined a run doing this.

Attached: 1516788021530.png (585x633, 338K)

>sort by most views
>find a video of him beating the game in five minutes
>entire first act is him getting four enemies, no bad events (all "remove card from your deck" events), great relics, and three campfires

Imagine my shock.

i'm a retard please kill me
thank you

Nope, you just need to beat the third floor boss to win and unlock the next ascension level.

let's just pretend you were saying that to people who are underrating them

Watch Rhapsody on YouTube. His speech patterns are infuriating since he is a man that speaks with the valley girl inflection, but he does know the game really well.

Tanky poison builds are great for that character. The ironclad is easier. Some cards are fucking insane, while others are worthless. If you can pick up whirlwind, chemical x, and a few strength boosters, you can blow through the game. Get rid of basic strikes and defends ASAP

>Shiv builds no longer viable

fuck this game

What's the easiest character to beat A20?
I thought for sure Silent would kill everything but I barely get to upgrade cards since I have to heal constantly and if I don't get enough defensive stuff I just get killed.

>Some cards are fucking insane, while others are worthless
i have literally never picked up a fire breathing and picked up a sever soul a grand total of one time
this is not the case for any silent or defect card for me, ironclad is sort of rough around the edges in that regard

>wanting to play a game with jacksepticeye's seal of approval

Eww.

unironically literally who

>Drinking the same air that jackspeticy does.

>person I don't like likes it, that means I can't like it

Low IQ

How many hours does it take to get ascension 20 on all three character ? 30 hours in and I'm like 3-1-1 (did some daily runs too)

I would say Silent is easiest to pull off. Wraith form is basically a one man defensive card, plus you get access to Ghost in a Jar. Being able to pull 3+ turns of intangible out of your ass for every fight is absolutely absurd.
If you're resting every camp fire, you're preparing for fights wrong. Act 2 is generally the act which mogs me the most, and even then I can usually sneak in 1-2 upgrades for key cards. Also reconsider taking cards if you know it's unlikely you can upgrade them. A card being good when upgraded means little if you have 5 others that take priority.

Silent is, in my experience.
>Literally just get a single Poison card and then pick up only Block and +Dex cards
>Put on a blindfold and randomly play cards from your hand, win with 0 effort because infinite block and infinite damage
>That relic which gives you +1 energy if you played no attacks last turn basically is a free boss relic
>+poison relics, calipers, Blur also make this really easy and consisitent

Entirely depends. The difficulty spike from A15 upwards got me stuck for a long time, it really changes what strategies are and are not effective. If you develop bad habits it can really fuck you over since your decks need to be much more potent in what they do.

>Play on endless
>Add one of these to the deck
>Always add a card to the deck whenever the opportunity arises, get every curse card, eventually get Voodoo Doll and set a Limit Break to innate
>Gradually add more Mind Blasts until I have 3
>Infinite damage to up to 3 enemies on the first turn
>Can perpetuate this indefinitely with no effort because Endless scales more slowly than your damage does and none of the negative effects Endless puts on you affect this build at all (except by adding Prides to your deck, further increasing your damage)
"fun" "game"

Attached: MindBlast.png (678x874, 274K)

endless has been easy as shit to break since it was introduced, and it was only introduced because retards don't understand that the game ends in act 3 or 4 for a reason

I have done all 3, and I rhink the defect is the best, with a frozen orb build +blizzard, almost all the cards you need are common, you make a lot of block and then after a few turns you have big damages

endless is just there for the sake of being there, don't play that mode, it's dumb

or at least until it adds some serious modifiers to fuck you over (like potentially destroy your perfect setup by losing cards/relics or similar)

hey rate my current build

Attached: file.png (1803x264, 810K)

lacks kunai/10

Just some advice if you would like to improve as The Defect. Frost Orbs are key and it is almost ALWAYS a better idea to Protect your health by over defending then over attacking.

Of course none of that really matters till alter Ascension and if you are still at 0 do whatever you want, it's a shit ton of fun

got shuriken already.

Wasnt this card cost 0 before?

How did you achieve kill boss on turn 1?

>spend dozens of runs trying to set up double dropkick cheese
>give up on it and get whirlwind
>get offering, flex, 2 red eyes, double tap and that x+2 relic but still not enough, did 280 out of 300 to that robot boss on act 2
>risk it all buying that relic that brews 5 potions
>no strength or en potion but a "discard x to draw x"
>manage to kill awakened one with a perfect draw plus bash

God that felt so good.

Is there something better than early Ice cream?

Is sozu the absolute "must get every time" relic?

>He hasnt unlocked the Beta Art yet.

Attached: ip8zdgkrh1o21.gif (811x834, 203K)

>Trim deck like anons say
>Go against sentry
>Get dazed to oblivion

lmao

Which one was that?

+1 energy but cant get potions anymore

>Silent
Silent has the best synergy. Free draws, free energy combos off drawing.
I beat the tower with a poison strategy. When you can stack and double poison and have the relic that lets you pass the poison on after an enemy dies, it's just fucking OP.

There's literally nothing more to this game other than knowing two or three OP builds going in and hoping you get the cards you need to build that deck as quickly as possible.

Its difficulty curve is complete shit. It's ball bustingly hard until you realize how to build 10 card decks that mop the floor with everything in three turns or less, and then you realize how to build 10 card decks that mop the floor with everything in three turns or less.

Do all you want to strategize, it won't matter until you learn card tiers/deck tiers. Thin your deck, play offensively in act 1, only pick up cards that you absolutely need, do everything that veteran players say but it will never matter if you don't know card tiers/get bad RNG. It's not a very good game.

>playing the Animator mod
>small chance for certain cards to come included with a relevant relic
>Eris from Konosuba has the Tiny Chest relic

Attached: 1416712146874.png (237x226, 82K)

I feel like that's such a big risk going in to act 4 without potions.

Play Defect
2x Defend+
Coolheaded+
2x Claw+

5 cards
All common
Don't need any relics either
You're welcome

Attached: Ddi7Et2U0AARhSp.jpg (360x191, 10K)

Eris pads her chest. Amen.

The only real reason to play endless is to stack upgrades on a searing blow until you get the Note To Yourself event or whatever and then you can grab it in a normal game for easy win

Attached: 1560084858248.png (476x338, 242K)

You will always win as Ironclad if you have Corruption and Dead Branch relic, even on the highest ascension level. Prove me wrong.

I believe note to yourself is disabled in ascension 15+.

It's severely overtuned for some fucking reason. If they scaled things back a substantial bit, the game would be great.

>Defect Act 2 boss
>tfw get echo form and accidentally erase all your orb slots for focus
>manage to finish the fight by the skin of your teeth
Probably the stupidest thing I've done but managed to survive.

Makes sense but up until then it's fair game if you can't get to A15 for whatever reason and have a few hours to waste on endless for every time you want to repeat it. It's not really viable but it is possbile

You gotta get the card and relic first and if your deck is too large you might be killed before drawing corruption.

What do these do? Dead Branch gives you a card when you exhaust a card, IIRC?

flat chests are better tho

Corruption makes all skills cost 0 but you exhaust them.
It's a very powerful combo but not a 100% win guarantee

I'm stuck on Ironclad ASC19.

wat do

Keep playing until you get a perfect run

The hard part is finding the relic, finding the card is much easier. Even if you have a huge deck, you are going to draw corruption eventually and you'll probably survive to draw it. Why? Because you aren't going to be at low health every battle, once you get corruption you can stall with all the 0 energy blocks you'll get until it finally gives you reaper to heal up, you keep doing it until you heal up to full and then kill them.

Basically, you will always win if you know what you are doing.

Dead Branch is as you said, corruption is 3 (2 upgraded) energy make all skills cost 0 and exhaust upon use. Usually a bad card unless you intentionally want to make your deck smaller by getting rid off all skills, but with Dead Branch it's basically the most broken undefeatable combo in the game.

Would like a mod that allowed me to play my turn again, would only use it in case I fuck up horribly, maybe limit it once.

If you really must, you can quit and restart the current fight, RNG will be the same so it plays out identical

at most I may sometime do that if I want to figure out if there was a way I could've done it right but I don't think of it as a win

Just close the game and you can restart the fight entirely.

If Northernlion can beat Ascension 20, you can too.

Tell me about the double boss fight at the end lf a20. Do they let you heal in between them?

Roguelites have a problem with RNG in general because there are no "equipment" limits. In roguelikes, every equipment upgrade replaces something else, so the power curve is fairly regular. Whereas in roguelites, every upgrade basically increases your power by a random amount, which lets you high roll or low roll over the course of a game much harder.

Nope. You get to the second fight immediately after beating the first.

How am I supposed to get my deck down to 5 cards for the achievement?

Never pick up anything and get lucky with RNG, hopefully getting events that let you remove cards from your deck.

>stall with all the 0 energy blocks you'll get until it finally gives you reaper to heal up
dead branch can't generate healing cards

how fun is the anime class?

how balanced is it?

Yikes.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

WHY CAN'T I NEVER FIND THE POISON FLASK CARD.

It's one of the funner mods I've tried, since it comes with a wide variety of relatively balanced cards.

>Being this shit at a simple card game
Jesus fuck it's not hard, pick the first winning synergy that passes by, only pick cards that reinforces that synergy, remove the other cards from your deck until you can consistently draw into your win condition, win.

When's the patch for the ps4 version coming out? Switch patch is out and my game crashes when starting a new run.

Should have went for the Chad Discard Build instead of the Virgin Poison Build