The switch gains nothing by having a touchscreen

the switch gains nothing by having a touchscreen

Attached: 1558889606851.jpg (2560x1440, 1.23M)

okay
but i'm curious what made you want to make this post?

literally no game makes use of it

Civ6 uses it

No, but (you) would shit on it if it didn't have one, and would declare the console dead and buried, trolling for months, right when after was announced.

mario maker 2

I agree

Inputting characters is way easier with touch screen. Also the Switch would be like two dollars cheaper without one

It also loses nothing.

Wrong, it makes the Switch the literal best console to play Slay the Spire on.

Attached: no godzilla.png (922x466, 1022K)

Ye but they would get shit constantly and babys wouln't know how to use it

Hard to have games to make use of a feature when you have no games.

docked mode makes it so they can't fuck over people who choose to play on a TV
Honestly the switch is the worst of both worlds

I just can't wait for the mini, just imagine the comfyness of the vita with an actual library

It will be useful for Mario Maker 2

This, only way it will really be useful

It means the Switch has the best version of Okami HD by far.

before switch released i predicted that the next nintendo "console" would be a tablet with a dummy base station for streaming to the tv. basically a wii u that you could take anywhere. i was wrong but i think it would have been better.

This is not a very "comfy" switch thread
why aren't you all discussing your 2011 PC indie titles sold at $40 each, or one of the 4 good games

god i love that game

There are some things that do benefit from having the option of a touch screen.

In all likelihood, it's probably a feature because modern portable LCD screen manufacturing has capacitive touch screens as standard, and Nintendo goes for the affordable options.

It's also why you get some odd devices where it has a portrait screen installed in a landscape orientation and uses software to flip the image to landscape.

It makes for a nice makeshift keyboard.

Smash Stage Creator benefitted a lot through it.

Just bought a switch today, mario odyssey, mario kart and lets go eevee are pretty fun. Probably gonna get animal crossing, the new pokemon game, luigis mansion 3 and mario maker 2, any other recommendations? might get CTR on xbox since i like achievements

Neither do phones, but here we are.

The switch has a touch screen? I legitimately did not even know this holy fuck.

It gains 100$ on its price

Depends what you like. If you want platformers, go for DKCTF, if you want JRPGs, go for Xenoblade 2 and Ys VIII, if you want Metroidvanias, go for Hollow Knight and Steamworld Dig 2, for multiplayer games get Smash and Splatoon 2, etc.

You have shit taste so just buy whatever

I don't know what they were thinking with this to be honest. You can touch it, but it's not the shitty WiiU screen so you know that by touching it, you'll make it dirty. Then there's no stick included like what the fuck? Am I supposed to touch it with my oily hands? Why?

Wasn't too into donkey kong on my wii u though I kinda want to try hollow knight. I'm not too into fighting games like smash and feel like splatoon might be made irrelevant soon since its been out a few years.
is yoshis crafted world any fun?

Maybe a couple simple indie titles like Kamiko, and My Big Sister.

Yoshi's Crafted World, like Kirby's Epic Yarn and Yoshi's Wooly World before it, is literally, unironically a game for actual toddlers. It's cute and all but any actual adult playing it will be bored to tears. Only buy it if you have a 5 years old niece or nephew you have to entertain.

It's not likely that they will release many games that use that feature since you obviously can't use the touch screen while it's docked. The touchscreen isn't even that big of a deal, you should be complaining about how almost no game makes good use of hd rumble or the IR thing on the right Joycon.

Will look into them, thanks
I hadn't even considered indie games

I have an autistic nephew but i don't really think i'd trust him touching the console, ah well

>losing a feature when you dock it is fucking you over
Do you think before you post?

It was specifically added for SMM2.

And just to rattle off some others that I enjoy (mainline and indie both):
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Monster Boy & The Cursed Kingdom
Wonderboy & The Dragon's Trap
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (if you haven't already played it elsewhere)
(seconding on) Steamworld Dig 2
The Mummy Demastered
and I've just started up with Timespinner

Haven't played yoshi's, but I highly recommend hollow knight. Probably my favorite game on the switch

Mario Maker 2 releases next week

One thing I can say for Hollow Knight is that for the price, you're getting a massive amount of content to play with that will last you quite a long time. And as comfy as it can feel playing in handheld mode, the game's environments really shine through playing docked on a good monitor or TV.

Name 5 of the best Switch games
hardmode: no multiplats

Attached: 1558209620142.jpg (441x404, 87K)

Oh thanks, ill check them out in a bit
I saw Shantae before on 3ds and considered it

Is it difficult? It seemed fun and I saw they were making another one from E3 a week or two ago

It was added soley so people could attempt to emulate 3ds games in portrait mode and make it the ultimate handheld console

>live in third world shithole
>buy eshop cards from amazon
>about to buy the 2 game vouchers
>burgerbux raise

Attached: D8YZ3pRXYAAO97R.jpg (555x556, 41K)

To me it started out with a slight challenge, but as you unlock things like more health, spirit gauge, and Charms (various attributes), it helps lower the curve. Then in progression to get the full true ending there's a massive leap upwards. And yes, Silksong looks like it's going to be a very similar amount of fun, with some slightly tweaked gameplay mechanics.

Go for Pirate's Curse if you want something that, overall, is by and far more lighthearted in execution.

true. but i also remember before they confirmed the touch screen shitposters here were greentexting
>it doesnt even have a touchscreen lmao!

Devs can't make games that rely on the touch screen. Compare this to the Nintendo DS and 3DS where devs knew that everyone would be able to use the touch screen at any point when they played, so almost all games made use of it and some games based their games around its inclusion.
Do you think before you post?

Xenoblade 2 and its DLC, Splatoon 2 and Smash Ultimate are the only games I have that are Switch exclusive.

Darkest Dungeon port is tolerable only because of touch screen controls, and even then they should have redone UI.

Sounds like Ori and the blind forest
Thanks!

I just recently got one so that's why I was asking.
Xenoblade is the reason I got it, but otherwise there's not much that interests me for it (that is out right now).
This will change with RF5 and SMT5. The moment SMT5 was announced for the Switch back then at its reveal event, I was sold.

>playing Phoenix Wright Trilogy in portable
>touching the screen advances the text
>keep accidentally touching it before I read it
>no way to disable it
>no text log

>SMT5

Nintendo will reveal release date together with Bannerlord's Switch port.

Thanks for posting my photo, user-kun!

Attached: Comfy_pandora.jpg (2560x1440, 1M)

i-it will happen user
these things take time

Attached: 1545778013678.jpg (640x627, 73K)