Fuck fighting games

Fuck fighting games.

Seriously, fuck them. I've put in almost 2 thousand hours into them the past 3 years and I still get fucking raped. The only money I've won from locals was 10$ in some poverty piece of shit meme game that nobody knew how to play when I labbed everything the week before and setplayed people with shit they've never seen. I still can't whiff punish sweeps on reaction and the people that have been playing forever or have natural talent do it to be effortlessly for full combos into supers. AND they can pick up any game they want and be great at it within a month. How the FUCK can I keep playing fighters?

>just keep practicing bro!
>salty? xD
>just git gud dude

Fuck off faggots. You /r/kappa losers never actually play you just spew memes. I thought being 'good' at fighters would at least make me happy in some way since I don't get out much or do much besides play videogames so I thought putting time into competitive games instead would give me some fulfillment. But instead it just depresses me, that I'll NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS be able to catch up to the people with 10+ years of experience or just genetically better reaction times.

Fuck this genre and fuck all you for telling people to play it and guilting people that just want to enjoy comfy singleplayer games. Getting shitted on for years by people just naturally better than you that you can never hope to exceed is not fun, it's depressing and infuriating. So my advice to Yea Forums and every gamer is if you want to play fighting games, give it a couple months. If you aren't already good, just give up. You don't have what it takes.

Attached: 1yme5ma7bwk11[1].png (656x755, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uajBZXU9FNI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Okay spaz, don't play em'.

Why do you want a reward for autism

I pretty much am done now, I just pirated re2 and am having much more fun in playing it than I had getting raped by people I can never surpass. It felt liberating, honestly.

you're not cut out for fighting games, the sooner you stop getting mad at other people for not realising that sooner the healthier you'll be

being shit at sports no matter how much you practice:
>hey man maybe sports isn't for you some people just have more talent

being stupid no matter how much you read:
>hey man maybe you should get a job doing manual labor not everyone is smart

being shit at fighters no matter how much you play:
>DUUUUDE you just need to practice more everyone can be amazing at videogames just keep playing them for years with no progress!

I'm convinced that 99% of all who play fighting games semi-seriously are miserable on the inside.

Anyone who's serious about a game is Retarded.

The people that have just sort of internally accepted not being good and just go to locals to play poverty with friends are pretty chill.

The people that are actually really good and competitive about it (like 10% of players) are generally ok to be around too, sometimes obsessive assholes but also sometimes really nice.

Fighting games are unique in that they're boring as fuck to play past the party stage if you're not really good.

ah-bloo-bloo

Then don't play on reaction
Reactive play is for 15 year old kids on adderal
Just dash throw

>combos combos combos combos
>le whiff punish
>muh reaction time genetics
>kappa
Why don't you consider your strategy and use your brain to evolve as you play retard?
A middle-aged man is one of the best fighting game players in the world because of his genius play, not his reactions.

There are several well-known middle-aged fighting game players and none of them are best in the world

>A middle-aged man is one of the best fighting game players in the world
daigo isn't one of the best anymore and he still has great reactions, he can EX flash kick overheads on reaction on an online connection

>Reactive play is for 15 year old kids on adderal

youtube.com/watch?v=uajBZXU9FNI

Did you ask other people for advice? most people are more than welcome to give you some pointers if you're doing casual sets, also if you're fighting tourney fags try and find some people that are just slightly above your skill level instead

Attached: 0364d799a07b04de48629be8f191be88.jpg (564x634, 65K)

I agree, i hate fighting games

You will ALWAYS get worse as you get older and lose reaction time.

shit normie advice

You tried bro, its time to drop the genre and never look back

pretty much, fighting games just make me too mad

Fighting games are easy as fuck once you get the hang of it. You seriously got to have an IQ below room temperature to be bad at them

Try sc6, it's easy to pick up and pretty forgiving technically. I don't know how hard the execution is in samsho but that could also be a good one since it keeps combos short.

Why do you guys think I'm struggling to learn the basics or with execution lmao. I can literally do bison paint the fence and other shit. The problem is I can't whiff punish in neutral, react to 18 frame overheads, or adapt/condition people.

You've gotten to that point that most fighting game players get to eventually. You've gotten good enough to realize how bad you are. You can overcome this with enough practice. Or you can accept your limits as they are and be at peace with the fact that the effort required to overcome these limits isn't worth it just so you can place 1st at your locals over and over. Look at the state of modern fighting games. The guys that win NLBC and WNF every week get washed at majors. The levels and tiers of talent and endurance required to play in the pro tours are like nothing ever seen before.

If you can accept the fact that you'll never actually be good or win a bug tournament, you can still have a lot of fun with fighting games by just appreciating the good ones

I guess so. It's just so fucking demoralizing reaching that 'next level' and realizing you were just a medium sized fish in a tiny pond.

If it makes you feel better no one gives a shit that anyone's good at a fighting game

Reaction time isn't everything.
>You /r/kappa losers never actually play you just spew memes.
This is true.

Honestly, OP, if you aren't having fun, then you should just stop. I'm in your exact same situations but I LOVE fighting games. I've gotten significantly better since when I started. There is no such thing as "talent". It's not some magical thing that just makes people magically better than others and PLENTY of people have "caught up" to the pros and beaten them.

I'm sorry if they're just not for you, but
>If you aren't already good, just give up. You don't have what it takes.
Is retarded fucking advice for ANYTHING in life. It's literally the equivalent of saying, "Sorry, bro, you just don't have the magic lmao" Magical "talent" isn't fucking real.

Same applies to learning any skill like playing an instrument, drawing etc Talent isn't real. I hate you faggots.

Attached: 1515998722017.jpg (598x751, 135K)

Natural talent for fighting games is real. OP is correct in this point. The ability to react quickly to visual stimuli, and memorise and recall subconsciously the correct response to various situations and set ups is absolutely something that you are either born with or without enough of to compete. You can train it sure, but you'll always lose to someone that trained just as much but was better to start with.

That being said I agree with your assessment that being unable to be the best, or even reach a level of skill that you feel entitled to, is a shit reason to quit something and conversely a shit reason to start something. Just play fighting games if you love them and if you love the process of getting better then practice. If you don't love that process then stay where you are.

By way of example I learned how to play in stick last year for fun. I like to learn new things in fighting games and appreciate them for their balance and what not. I'll never win a tourny on stick or pad but whatever. It's fun.

whats your main game op?

>Playing games for money instead of fun
You deserve all you've got

don't have one, just epic meme shit like xrd and 3s

>The ability to react quickly to visual stimuli
Reaction time isn't that important for fighting games.
>memorise and recall subconsciously the correct response to various situations
This is literally just muscle memory. If you practice something enough, it becomes second nature. That isn't talent. You practice enough to the point that you don't even need to think, you see someone jump and you immediately press your anti-air.
>you'll always lose to someone that trained just as much but was better to start with.
This is fucking retarded. Daigo has literally said himself that he's NEVER had a natural talent for videogames and he's one of the greatest fighting game players of all time. No fighting game player has just "lucked" their way into Top 8. I don't have a natural talent for videogames either, yet I still have gotten good at plenty of games.

>don't have one, just epic meme shit like xrd and 3s
Here's where you fucked up. Just play a modern fighting game like Tekken 7, Street Fighter V, Mortal Kombat 11 even fucking Smash Ultimate. There's a lot more information online about modern games and you're not playing against fucking eldritch gods all the fucking time.

Playing against tougher players can get you better, sure, but it can also destroy your confidence. Though, you should just play a game you enjoy.

What casual am I right guys?

Attached: image.jpg (416x397, 26K)

>it's another "Yea Forums discusses talent" episode
Oh boy, my favorite!

Talent is essentially just a multiplier to the amount of effort you put in. If you're naturally gifted, you might learn 1.2x faster than normal. If you struggle, you might be stuck at 0.8x.
That's obviously simplifying it a lot, but you get the point.
Regardless, fighting games should primarily just be a way to have fun. You're almost assuredly not going to make a living off of it, so if you're not enjoying it, don't bother.

I, personally, love (some) fighting games, but I can easily understand why some can't stand the genre.

Attached: FGO Abigail peace sign by totakeke.jpg (809x937, 93K)

>I, personally, love (some) fighting games, but I can easily understand why some can't stand the genre.

You're posting gachashit loli characters doing the peace sign. Guaranteed you're probably an /r/kappa meme spewing piece of shit that sucks and gets anally prolapsed at locals let alone at any tournament but thinks they're in the FGC because they masturbate to javs and hentai.

Stop giving advice to people that struggled for years for thousands of hours so they could hear the same generic vappa advice about jus bing themselfs xD from people that don't even play games

If you're EU, I'll play you in BBCF right now.
Melty too, I guess, but I suck at that.

>watched Core-gaming videos
>something clicked in me to play good by toying with the opponent
feels weird

Is Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 worth $25 on PS4?

As a recent artist, I notice this shit so much
>hiding the hands to avoid drawing them

good on you user

That's just how the character is. She wears sleeves that are too long for her.
The artist is perfectly fine with drawing ha-
>just now noticed that even in their other drawings, the characters are conveniently posed in ways that hide their hands 9/10 times
Ah fuck, I wish I could un-see that.

Gooks can't even draw a face without sticking to their bland template. As if they could draw hands

Fuck rhythm games.

Seriously, fuck them. I've put in almost 2 thousand hours into them the past 3 years and I still get fucking raped. The only perfect I've won from games was once on some easy piece of shit slow song that nobody knew how to play when I replayed everything the week before and remapped controls with shit you've never seen. I still can't land multi-buttons on reaction and the people that have been playing forever or have natural talent do it to be effortlessly for full combos into perfects. AND they can pick up any game they want and be great at it within a month. How the FUCK can I keep playing rhythm games?

>just keep practicing bro!
>salty? xD
>just git gud dude

Fuck off faggots. You /r/miku losers never actually play you just spew memes. I thought being 'good' at rhythm games would at least make me happy in some way since I don't get out much or do much besides listen to music so I thought putting time into musical games instead would give me some fulfillment. But instead it just depresses me, that I'll NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS be able to catch up to the people with 10+ years of experience or just genetically better reaction times.

Fuck this genre and fuck all you for telling people to play it and guilting people that just want to enjoy slow multiplayer games. Getting shitted on for years by songs just naturally impossible that you can never hope to win is not fun, it's depressing and infuriating. So my advice to Yea Forums and every gamer is if you want to play fighting games, give it a couple months. If you aren't already good, just give up. You don't have what it takes.

unironically based

i really enjoy this image

You should play not because you want to be good but because you love the genre first and foremost.
If you put effort into something but don't love it or find it fun there is not point. You will never grow and you will never improve.
Passion surpasses talent. From reading your post, the second sentence is about winning, and winning money at that.
You should not do something purely in the hopes that you win. You should do it for the love of the fight, win or lose. And from that you grow stronger.
You're mentality is why you don't improve and won't anytime soon. A fight it 40% skill and 60% mental. You can practice all day but if your mind and heart are not in it you have already lost every match you will play.

>You should play not because you want to be good but because you love the genre first and foremost.
>If you put effort into something but don't love it or find it fun there is not point. You will never grow and you will never improve.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life. How can you enjoy something if you suck at it.

I realized fighting games were shit when I was like 10 years old. Only smash is fun casually there are too many try hards in fighting games.

It also rewards twitch gameplay which leads to pre-ejaculation.

Attached: 1560390966704.jpg (518x388, 12K)

It's pretty easy. There can be aspects of it that you do enjoy, even if you aren't particularly good at it.
For fighting games, you might enjoy labbing combos or playing with auto-combos turned on so you can focus on movement and defense. It's still possible to have fun like that.

As I stated, this mentality is why you will never improve.
If you lose and refuse to get up and try again because you lack the skill or desire to surpass yourself, you will forever be in the dirt.
Winning isn't everything and if you fail to see anything of value in defeat you will never understand true victory.

>It also rewards twitch gameplay which leads to pre-ejaculation.
That's the craziest excuse I've ever heard, and it makes it funnier that it comes after the most common one.

Attached: 1410933240904.gif (376x474, 26K)

Dude, stop playing videogames for a while and sign up to a local bouldering gym. It's a great way to meet new people, have fun and get fit all at the same time.

Attached: bouldering.jpg (1000x667, 176K)

I mean like...that doesn't really apply to everything. If you're bad at guitar or an instrument or something practice is literally all it takes to get good. You'll probably never be the next Slash or anything but you'll definitely be able to play most stuff after a while

>playing video games for competition

Attached: 1547459099017.jpg (679x519, 192K)

that looks gay desu