Did RDR2 really deserve a 10/10 Yea Forums?

Did RDR2 really deserve a 10/10 Yea Forums?

Attached: 32B658DB-2922-4003-9B61-52F530247249.jpg (640x520, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gotylist.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

[opinion]

no

no, no game deserves a 10/10 score, it would imply the game has no room for improvement whatsoever

No because it's not on PC.
A game that is not made for masterrace can never be a masterpiece.

No

Is there a single reviewer that’s trustworthy & hasn’t ruined their credibility by giving 10/10s to garbage like RDR2, Soi of War, Witcher 3, MGS4 & GTA 4?

It's a decent 8/10 that got blown to unrealistic levels of hype due to RockStar having more money than some 1st world countries.

The 1st one was better.

RDR2 is held by a standard that every game should be expected when it comes to tech, power, fidelity, and performance. RDR2 is the new standard all game wish to be. So yes, in terms of being a AAA title that everyone expects. It is by definition a masterpiece.

Nintentards seething.

It deserves a 5. Only fair considering half of the things the player is able to do are strictly locked behind online play

No, rockstar games are all 7/10 at best.
I'd give MGS4 a 10/10 just for MGO2.

no

No. I think most reviewers even said they didn't finish it.

Attached: 1450338553021.jpg (640x533, 78K)

Honestly, no. 8/10. It's way too slow and doesn't actually innovate at all, following the same formula they've used in their games for decades. It definitely improved on that formula, but underneath all the new gimmicks and graphical enhancements you're still just listening to dialogue while driving back and forth to shoot enemies for half an hour. If they'd just cut out the GTA bullshit and made it a movie or a television show or something the plot would have been even more tolerable and dare I say, kino.

no, what's the point in an open world if it's boring as fuck

>it would imply the game has no room for improvement whatsoever
Tetris?

Attached: 1560237810445.jpg (720x944, 57K)

Should I buy it? I liked the first one enough to buy DLC for it but I never got around to gets the 2nd one. Money is no issue to me.

yes for setting a new bar that every other dev has to meet in terms of story telling, writing, gun play, technology, performance, art direction, sound and music, and actor performance.

and for a forgotten game it's weird that this is the 4th thread about it I see today alone

Rockstar clearly doesn’t know how to make it satisfying or fluid in a game to interact with a lot of things, so I don’t understand why they made it such a focus for this game.

probably

Attached: file.png (1126x311, 48K)

Which Tetris? The original Tetris can be and has been improved upon several times over the years.

>t-spinning
>improvement

Attached: Chad_Warden.jpg (300x200, 8K)

not a 10/10, but it definitely deserved a "better than the last generation of R* sandbox games"

by these standards it may be considered the current 10/10 game
but then you see this shit and it is tired. If they cut the whole "ride and listen" segments from R* games they would be greatly improved. Nothing is more blueballed than accepting missions thinking you will get ot do something and instead you just drive halfway across the map for nothing.

tetris is a good example of coming extremely close to it, maybe the thing to discuss here is what each number means though

>but then you see this shit and it is tired. If they cut the whole "ride and listen" segments from R* games they would be greatly improved. Nothing is more blueballed than accepting missions thinking you will get ot do something and instead you just drive halfway across the map for nothing.
and replace them with what? segments where you ride with other people and no one talks? what kind of retarded shit is this
they dont need to replace anything - just give the objective "go to X" and let the players speed ahead so the turbo autists can just get to the action asap

>see a mission marker for a cool and funny character I enjoy seeing
>begin mission
>cool guy is gone within 5 minutes and the rest of the hour long mission is a shooting gallery while the unlikable bitch hoarsely quips as loud as she can

Yes

well in a world where a 7 means "ok" it does

Too many extra hours on work.

Not with those controls.

What even was the last game that deserved a 10/10?

No, see pic related. Every major journalism site has the same tranny garbage

Attached: 8DFB4D04-C44D-497E-AC44-4CE44EF34956.jpg (2669x1653, 2.21M)

Rockstar’s worst game ever

Yeah it deserved a 10/10

>>>/kotaku/
Don’t forget to buy some gold bars to buy your horse and camp on your way out

Rockstars just the far ahead. I know it's not fair and you want it it be YOUR dev that's the best, unfortunately your favorite dev is peasant piss compared to Rockstar desu

>ode to the outlaw era
>running around with a paleo-commie defending social justice

If it was really an ode to the Wild West you'd be getting paid by a robber baron to blow up railroad ties or shoot ranchers.

I can’t believe the lengths that people will go to defend this crap. Almost every action in this game is excruciating. I didn’t even want to WALK UP TO MY ROOM in the chapter 4 house because your actions are so fucking slow and clunky. And I know that most people felt the same way.

Yes, I think so.

Bump

What's with the Zelda dickriding? I've never played any of the games, are they that good?

>instadrops and T spins
>not an improvement
its an improvement

9.9 seems more reasonable, perfect games don't exist.

instead of "pick me up at grandma's house" and driving them to the shootout, maybe they tell you to meet somewhere nearby like every single other open world game not made by rockstar. RDR2 was at least good about giving you something to shoot when you get there. In GTA V you get a mission that is literally just driving from Trevor's trailer to the city apartment. There is no challenge involved, you just drive and listen to Trevor rant at his meth head orbiter. I'd honestly rather have a 5 minute cutscene. Then they don't need to pad out conversations to last the whole trip, they can say what needs to be said and get you to your destination.

I don't need the game to lie about me getting to do something. You realize everything outside of the missions is also driving/riding through emptiness, right? When the mission leaves me in bumfuck nowhere, then I have to go drive back in silence to start a new mission. when I start that new mission I'm just riding back from there to bumfuck nowhere all over again except this time someone is talking at me.

This bait and switch shit is the worst part of the game, besides that it was an overall improvement on the formula of their games
>Oh cool I get to do a mission with Reverend Swanson, he hasn't been available in a while
>bill and micah come up
>OUT OF THE WAY YOU DRUNK LETS ROB A STAGE

dont know, but they sure as hell didnt deserve GOTY, which they didnt get anyway :)

Rockstars just the far ahead. I know it's not fair and you want it it be YOUR dev that's the best, unfortunately your favorite dev is peasant piss compared to Rockstar desu

Zelda is one of the only franchises that is designed solely with "Your" enjoyment in mind & is held to the highest standard. They get delayed for at least 2-3 years during development simply because Nintendo wants them to be as enjoyable as possible. The reason every Zelda has a gimmick is because Nintendo overreacts to every major critique for 3D Zelda & desperately tries to fix it for the newest entry

Hate to break it to you kiddo but uhhh...

gotylist.com/

they didnt get game awards which is the most important :>

Based.

>Game Rewards
Ah yes, the prestigious award that Dragon Age Inquisition and Overwatch also won, mmm yeah.

>Dragon Ball FighterZ, one of the best fighting games in recent memory
>2

Ocarina was objectively great for its time, and is still worth playing to this day.

the short of it is that it is basically Nintendo's FF7. Great game, everyone played it, not really difficult or anything. The hype for both of these games coming out of the same time period isn't a coincidence. For a lot of people these were the only games they played in either series in an age where everyone above 25 played games as a kid but maybe not as an adult.

The other 3D zelda games are also pretty good, but I'd say OoT is the only one that has the complete package.

Not like the first 3d gta deserved one, and if red dead 1 didn't deserve one neither did 2

Not to mention the 3DS versions are unironically so much better.

At least in GTA, driving around is somewhat engaging due to the fast speed and avoiding cars. It’s the kind of game where you don’t really feel the need to use fast travel, since it’s kind of fun to just drive there. But I don’t get the appeal of RDR2 at all, there is just nothing fun about riding the horse around, it’s so boring and slow that you aren’t going to use fast travel all the time.

*that you are going to use fast travel all the time

name a better game that should have won in those years, ill wait :D

Yes, it sold the most and got more perfect scores than any other game in history. It's the best game ever made and if you disagree you really are just a contrarian.

That's just your opinion and it's 100% acceptable, just like there's people who get bored about cars/driving and get more enjoyment from RDR2's horse and environment.

You do both in the game. Social justice and whatnot aside, you and your gang are major fucking scumbags for 90% of it. Yes, Arthur's redemption arc is God Tier, but he's still a piece of shit enforcer of the highest order.

Obviously not, when the gameplay sucks ass, and the world is as shallow as gta 5, and all it has going for it are simulations and a main story comparable to a merely decent movie.

No, 10/10 is almost flawless masterpiece that people will still talk after 20 years.
It's still a great game, but I would give it 9-.

>no story
>no variety
>same gameplay
>graphics
>10/10

>2014
Titanfall, Wolfenstein, Smash 4

>2016
Dark Souls 3, Uncharted 4, Battlefield 1, FH3,

I think both were boring and in fact I think the driving is worse because I'd rather just get to the destination than cause 20 hit and run collisions on my way to the story objective. That's also just my opinion, though.

I’m surprised everyone loves it so much. When playing the first game, this isn’t the kind of things I wanted in a sequel, but I guess it was the case for everyone else. I could very much do without the slower movement or a lot of the realism touches that I find kind of superfluous.

Everyone complained that the horses in 1 were way too fast and felt like cars. So they made them more realistic in 2

rofl

I like the realism touches, it is the kind of thing R* has been working towards for a long time. I don't really think it dragged the game down. I can't think of a single time where I thought to myself "this realism mechanic is getting in the way of my rooty tooty cowboy shooty"

it terms of story and characters I think 2 was better. In 1 Bonnie was pretty much the only one you help who wasn't a ridiculous irredeemable insane rockstar parody caricature.

>there is just nothing fun about riding the horse around, it’s so boring and slow that you aren’t going to use fast travel all the time.
They put so much goddamn stuff out there though. Surface level stuff is amazing and the hardcore you-will-never-find-this-without-a-guide stuff too.
Fucking mission structure in RDR2 sucked, or it's whatever. The open world exploration is god tier and literally unmatched. Fuck just give me a PC version so I can go back in.

No

realistically speaking it's a 6/10, which is still pretty good, maybe a 7 if you really like rockstar's abysmal game controls / movement / interaction / combat
love the setting and the attention to detail but the busted up gameplay typical of rockstar games stops it from becoming anything more than "cool I'd rent that for a weekend"

Attached: we'll see about that.gif (500x238, 486K)

If you’ve ridden somewhere once you won’t really see anything new the second time around. There really isn’t that much. Simply riding from A to B is really boring

No

I remember when RDR1 was considered slow when it came out, it’s funny how most people now call it arcadey.

Wrong, it means it's one of the top ten percent of games

no; the actual feel of the gameplay is laughable for a 2018 game. I can't imagine it feeling any better even with kbm.

It does look pretty incredible on ps4, no hyperbole. But as with most games, it will show its age in time.

babby's first opinion

Complete horseshit. I fucking rode through the swamp 87 times before I ever heard the murmur of a ghost. Same thing with the woods and the the naked goddamn werewolf wolf summoning guy, and many more. And even when you meet the same people again they remember you. That's the benefit of having an unlimited budget.
There's stuff buried so deep in that game that you will literally never see unless you look up how to.

Because to 2 it is. The shooting is arcadey in 2 as well, but the movement is pretty bad and very sluggish. Nevermind the pacing.

The world "really" has no meaning in the context of IGN.

>polished
RDR2 does not feel anywhere close to polished. And I liked it. But I think it can often feel pretty sloppy, and despite having so much content, still feels like a lot was cut.

Comparing horses in RDR1 to cars is actually quite generous since they completely lack mobility options unique to horses or cars. Shadow of the Colossus and RDR2 pretty much set the standards for vidya horses that aren't just reskinned cars, every other game is shit in that regard

Not really. Never finished any of them.

No. It just "THIS IS ZELDA BY NINTENDO!!!!!111" shit.
Without nostalgia glasses and power of big corporation botw would be shitted on by literally everyone.