Capital city

>Capital city
>8 houses
Explain this

Attached: 83a3c06ecbad9550e041fa089e4187c7.jpg (1680x1050, 202K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YPN0qhSyWy8
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/94312/
modwat.ch/u/Angharad/modlist
elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_on_the_Ice
youtube.com/watch?v=ib084tzN8H0
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/91598?tab=files
youtube.com/watch?v=hFcLyDb6niA
youtube.com/watch?v=M9DBwnPHJTQ
pastebin.com/6Kyvy6h5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's shit, what else is new

it- it just works

Attached: Buymygameagain.webm (854x480, 2.55M)

>Sovngarde
>just a small garden
>Shor's Great Hall
>just a bigger mead hall with golden plates

I really do wonder what causes this.

Setting the fps to above 60

Bethesda has always had a problem with scale.
May it be locations or levelling.

It's a different universe with a whole different set of rules, laws and even metaphysics. Why wouldn't their society look differently than ours?

Can't wait to see the Starfield version of this

People's first instinct is to blame consoles, and while it's true that consoles couldn't handle anything more, that argument ignores the fact that BETHESDA'S ENGINE ITSELF CAN'T HANDLE BIGGER CITIES EITHER. Their engine just shits the fucking bed when there's too many objects and AI being rendered, and it quickly reaches a point where it doesn't even matter what type of quantum supercomputer you have, the engine will still sputter.

And even then, consoles nor engine limitations are not an excuse, because at the very least they could've had larger cities that are simply broken up further with different districts separated by load screens, like what Oblivion did with the Imperial City. But no, we don't get that. Because actually making larger cities would require more effort and more NPCs with dialogue and quests. Can't have that. Instead let's just have another pointless small settlement out in bumfuck nowhere with a generic blacksmith NPC and another pointless mead hall

what games let you explore actual cities?

Xbox had 256 VRAM

Physics engine is tied to fps. That's why you're never supposed to uncap fps from 60

True crime:LA and NY. Assassins creed games. I think watchdogs was set in chicago? Anyway GTA4 liberty city is as close of a facsimile you will get to New York and GTA5 Sam Andreas is uncanny representation of Los Angeles

Nice framerate

JRPG's (e.g. Berseria) handle this issue by splitting a large city into like 3 load zones. People would be mad if Bethesda did this however.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 227K)

You can't actually enter most of the buildings in those games. TES games allows you to lockpick your way into pretty much any structure. This means everything has to have some kind of interior and it's the real reason why the towns in TES have been so small since daggerfall.

the engine absolutely can.
look up some videos of fallout 4 with hundreds of npcs.
it is the fucking consoles.
todd even said the cities in skyrim would have been open if not for consoles.

i think that its a combination of both; if they had better hardware they could fit more shit in, and if the had a engine that wasn't a fucking fossil they could do more with it
its the intersection of shit and vomit and it makes a really glitchy slurry of garbage as a result

dishonored 1 and 2

It's shit Sherlock.

i don't know about dishonored 2 but the city in 1 was pretty limited in terms of exploration

I would sure love to have a game with 1000 houses and hundreds of NPCs that all serve no purpose.

It is consoles, but it's not JUST consoles. It's also their shitty engine as well as their own laziness and being unwilling to come up with any decent workarounds (such as what they did before with the imperial city).

Look up Beyond Skyrim - Bruma. On the original 2011 release of Skyrim, the town of Bruma will make any system come to a crawl, period. The game simply can't handle it, no matter what your PC's specs are. And there's just the simple fact that even with consoles in mind, if the engine wasn't a piece of shit that was taken to its knees from just having 4 buildings and 5 NPCs in sight, they'd be able to have more.

>the town of Bruma will make any system come to a crawl, period
lmao what
I run a fucking R9 280 and FX8350 and get constant 60 in Bruma

oldrim, not SSE

But I thought they were still using the same identical engine as morrowind, why would that make a difference?

You're pretending like GTA doesn't exist.

but how?

>Do you get to the cloud district very often?

Attached: cloud.jpg (200x251, 12K)

Mods literally fix this.

Attached: 8-1543612861-1009184541.jpg (3840x2160, 2.92M)

Winterhold was such a copout in skyrim
>supposed to be a massive city
>former capital of skyrim
>lmao it's now just 3 shacks because the town collapsed into the sea :^)

nigger that was 80 years ago, and you still haven't even bothered rebuilding anything? Come on now.

Also most of the houses are just background with maybe a dialog that says the door is locked/stuck if you try to enter.

I'd rather have a city that feels the size and scope of a full-blown city, even if not every single inch can be entered, rather than a """city""" where you can enter every single location but it's the size of a neighborhood cul-de-sac.

>kills your framerate

A lot of poorly coded games are coded to only run at 30 or 60 fps. If they go above it, they bug the fuck out. Its why some games get 60 fps locks.
Skyrims is really bad, if you have a high framerate the cart ride in the intro will flop around wildly and you'd be lucky to even get to the chopping block.

Name a game with worse textures. I'll wait.

Oblivion

It was a different time.

The new Pokemon game.

I'll rather take both like in Daggerfall.

Fallout 4.

Reminds me of Dark Souls. Original attempts to get it running at 60fps caused all sorts of problems since the animations were tied to the framerate. Or how in Dark Souls 2 PC players had their weapons degrade twice as quickly because of 60fps vs 30fps

>implying implications

have sex

Daily reminder Novigrad is the best city ever made in an open world game.

Attached: TW3_screen-Novigrad.jpg (1920x907, 663K)

get rekt

too bad its uninteresting and generic like the entirety of the Witcher series

how the fuck did they get this to run on ps3

youtu.be/YPN0qhSyWy8

based retard

x64 instead of x32

>Capital city
>50 houses
Explain this

Attached: vermont.png (360x324, 329K)

Here's the details on the problem
>The other major approach is to set the time step to some multiple of real world time, and to engineer every system to handle any random time interval being thrown at it. The advantage here is that there is no upper limit on framerate, so you can present frames as fast as you like without the game appearing to run in fast-motion. The disadvantage is that every time-dependent function in the code needs to be able to handle any random value of deltaT, which exposes a lot of potential edge cases. There are a LOT of potential edge case bugs that appear in variable timestep games running at extremely low or high frame rates.
In cases like this, the problem is that these games are using a variable time step, but some function in the game is not properly handling a variable dT in some way. on Console, even though a game engine supports variable time step on PC, Devs will try to stick hard to their target framerate on the low end (optimizing and reducing the amount of work in cases of low framerate) and cap the framerate on the high end to avoid wild swings in framerate. Then, often because the developers have assumed the vast majority of players are on consoles, and because consoles have stricter failure points in terms of physical memory than PCs, most testing was done on consoles, so the functions that handle edge cases of dT wrong were not found to be faulty. Additionally, because many fundamental engineering choices change when dT is fixed vs. variable, these problems can be excessively costly to fix, especially if they hit what is perceived to be a smaller audience
TLDR: lazy devs and consoles

What mod and does it affect the framerate?
I'm slowly building a new mod list for SE once I'm done playing through Oldrim.

It's far easier to limit engine to 30 or 60 cycles/second and then do stuff like calculate physics every cycle rather than have unlimited cycles/second and have to scale your calculations to the cycles/second.

>name is slavic
That alone makes it garbage

vermont doesn't even exist

>computer runs skyrim on ultra fine
>STILL lags in Falkreath and the middle of Riften
WHYYYYYYYYYYY

Oh yeah, because that was a seething criticism of oblivion.

Same way they got it to run on Switch, downscale everything until it runs.

Gamebryo.

>using the capital of a state to compare to the capital of a country
>it's still 6 times bigger even if we pretend your extreme hyperbole is factual reality

lol

>/pol/

Attached: 1524517495171.jpg (600x647, 24K)

based

>CD Projekt Red windcock
immersion RUINED

How the fuck did ANYTHING run on that Frankenstein processor?

>TES games allows you to lockpick your way into pretty much any structure.
This excuse doesn't even work any more seeing how many completely useless buildings and NPCs are in Skyrim. No quest involvement, endlessly spouting the same line of dialogue, what's the point? I'll take generic, nameless NPCs and buildings you can't enter over that. The Witcher 3 did it quite well as you could actually enter many of the buildings in Novigrad and Oxenfurt.

>lazy devs
It's not so much lazy devs as it is greedy publishers and ridiculous dead lines.

this but unironically

gamebryo and bethesda's utter incompetence and inability to program worth a dam. Sometimes it doesn't matter how good your system is, it will melt in these areas.

I'm still amazed there aren't any mods that do the opposite of the "Open Cities" mod and instead turn Falkreath and places like that into their own worldspace. I'd like to try out some of the mods that add more content to Falkreath, but they all still keep it in the same main wordspace, meaning bye-bye framerate.

SOUL

Attached: shutterstock-523401721.jpg (729x425, 94K)

In Bethesdas case it's definitely lazy devs

I actually meant Markath or whatever the dwarf city is. does the game lag in Falkreath as well? wouldn't be surprised

It really kills the immersion in Skyrim when you break into a some noble's mansion and all you find is handful of gold pieces, few iron weapons and a wooden spoon since the loot is scaled to your level.

what game?

This, open world is such a fucking meme and services absolutely nothing
I'd rather take tighter closed off locations that create the illusion of a giant world than this miniature model world bullshit where every "city" is condensed into a hamlet of 5 shacks and 12 npcs

>lockpick your way into pretty much any structure
You mean all the ones filled with copy pasted assets with fucking nothing worth dick inside that some intern made in half an hour? and the only ones worth going in are locked by unpickable locks tied to quests that you have to be rail roaded to?

It was since it forced them to remove stuff like levitate etc.

>since the loot is scaled to your level.
once again there are mods to fix this

>want to be a thief in Skyrim
>literally nothing to steal and nowhere to take it from

>shutterstock file name
>what game?
You are an idiot.

I play with a bunch of mods, and my framerate in the major cities like Markarth and Windhelm never dips. But I do get pretty shitty dips in Falkreath because it's in the exterior worldspace and because of all the vegetation.

Just because it is fixed by mods doesn't excuse the dev laziness.

>see that cities in Skyrim are closed off
>think that they are being clever and doing it so they can make the cities as different rooms/zones and can pack it full of things

>LOL NOPE THEY'RE STILL TINY

?????????????? WHY EVEN SEPARATE THEM FROM THE GAME WORLD THEN???????

Deus Ex did it right with places like Hell's Kitchen and Hong Kong. Lots to do and explore, even if not every single building could be entered, and it actually felt like a real fucking city and you were exploring just a tiny portion of it.

Assassins Creed New England

Skyrim isnt a country retard, its a state.

>cities in skyrim are smaller than in oblivion
literally why

Attached: 154830093312.png (645x773, 11K)

>WHY EVEN SEPARATE THEM FROM THE GAME WORLD THEN
Because the consoles at the time didn't have memory to handle it otherwise.

Because of consoles

Because they spent all their time modeling sweet rolls.

Oblivion was a pc game while skyrim is a console game.

Meanwhile in the superior game.

Attached: sk02a2w0q1dtu2c9fphx[1].jpg (1382x653, 369K)

Because Oblivions' entire design goal was having fleshed-out towns with NPCs that had real schedules and activities.
Skyrim's goal is to only have the player go to cities to unload his ebin loot, spending the other 99% of the time going through draugr dungeon #10309

Oblivion has its flaws, but at least it fucking tried.

Attached: 1515748736961.jpg (971x565, 139K)

>that CDPR weather vane on the left
Can't believe I just noticed it

lack of housing forced many folk to move into the many abandoned mines, caves and forts of the province, until some sod came in with an axe and started removing the unpaid tenants and stealing all their belongings.

Soulless generic trash

Soulful based not-trash

Wrong, Oblivion has equal textures. Both games use 512x512 textures.

Play Bruma and forget about Skyrim cities.

Attached: 20190516201704_1.jpg (1920x1080, 452K)

I did now there's nothing left to do

Based

That's way more than 50 houses retard.

Well wait for Cyrodiil, meanwhile waste your time autistically walking around Skyrim.

Attached: 20190516203319_1.jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

Dragon Age Origins

All their games Morrowind and onward has had Xbox bias.

it's not just that, similar shit already happened in fallout 3 when you stacked mines, threw a corpse on it, and detonated it - the corpse starts flying, spinning, and spaghetting all over the place

>only one life
>not born in a place like this, or anywhere i new england
fuck bros...

Shit, Ark does this too, only dino corpses stay on the ground as they vibrate-glide across the map.

What armor mod?

But I am currently playing Bruma. Only issue I've been having is that trying to loot certain pieces of clothing off dead NPCs causes my game to freeze and crash.

fuck this nigga

Oh, what am I saying, of course you don't.

Attached: clouddistrict.png (600x1000, 1.09M)

Amazing how bethesda shit this out and rehashed it for an entire console generation

>Things aren't up to the usual Bethesda standard
>the usual Bethesda standard
>the usual Bethesda standard

dwarf fortress

nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/94312/
I've never had an issue related with looting are you using shitty animations, body mods or hdt mods?

My jimmies are rustled desu

>criminal scum
>gets stopped right there
pottery

It's dumb as fuck sure, but I don't think I've even explored all of those 8 houses in the hundreds of hours i've clocked on Skyrim

What the FUCK was his problem?

You aint missing much, they are all the same anyway. Its dissapointing how Bethesda didn't put more character into each house seeing as there are only a handful in each city. They are pretty much copy pasted.

but each house is a different loading zone anyway in bethshit

Share her preset with us.

He was literally being cucked, you can find the key to his house on him, his wife, and some other dude.

>tfw we will never get a TES games with actual fucking windows

Attached: sad frog extreme.jpg (396x385, 83K)

>FreedFromThisMortalCoil.webm

Never but I can share my mod list if you want.

Attached: 124.jpg (411x412, 93K)

this guy waifus

do it bro

>makes modding almost impossible in order to force players to use creation club

Attached: es6.jpg (344x146, 8K)

stop being a cunt, faggot

Isn't that what already happened with FO4, which resulted in there being no proper gameplay/overhaul mods for that, and the only shit you see are retextures and weapon packs?

modwat.ch/u/Angharad/modlist

Fuck zenimax, they don't seem to be allowing eternal to have mod support at all either.

I don't think we're capable of predicting the sort of innovative new jewing techniques TES6 is going showcase
Remember Bethesda has always been on the cutting edge of this shit

Do you think TES6 will have loading screens when entering houses? It felt really felt dated in FO4 already

Attached: 1525900810879.jpg (1200x1192, 131K)

If it's gamebryo/creation/whatever, then absolutely. Their shit-tier engine simply cannot handle things otherwise.

>enter ruin
>torches are lit
>looted coins are exactly the same as modern ones
>skeletons and undead are modeled after humans even though there are multiple races

Attached: AE6BFE81-386E-4B03-B58A-C0E6D8FD3BEA.jpg (708x708, 41K)

>entering houses
whoa dude you might want to set your expectations a bit lower, I don't want to see you disappointed

Attached: 1315106785307.jpg (865x572, 146K)

>population goes from 20 to 50
wow fixed

To be fair, their games have fewer and fewer loading screens with each new release. The fact that downtown Boston exists at all in that engine is impressive.

irithyll of the boreal valley

Gothic 2 has the comfiest fully accessible city ever made
any PB game actually has always a single city hub to dig in, you can spend ages exploring it despite being around 30 houses

Considering the way FO76 is, we'll be lucky if we get NPCs and non-radiant quests at all.
Watch the plot of TES6 be some bullshit where you're tasked with "rebuilding after the great war" just so they can have an excuse to have players need to minecraft their own settlements rather than design them themselves.

Yeah, there are fewer load screens because there are fewer towns and NPCs, period.

>Watch the plot of TES6 be some bullshit where you're tasked with "rebuilding after the great war" just so they can have an excuse to have players need to minecraft their own settlements rather than design them themselves.
That's what Starfield is for. I can almost guarantee that it'll be No Man's Sky 2.

The Dark Eye : Drakensang, as well as its stand alone, the River of Time

Taught me that blacks are racist too.

>takes place on an uninhabited land mass
>only structures are the ones you build using an even more simplified version of FO4's settlement system
>half the items are paywalled even though the game is full price and near essential components are slowly dripfed through the Creation Club in the guise of paid mods

Attached: 1535428289940.jpg (1920x1080, 717K)

But their engine is optimized for consoles so it’s just consoles’ fault yet again

Apparently the next gen consoles are gonna have ssds
Makes me think maybe it's time for me to finally upgrade to one

>144 plugins
OH NO NO NO NO NO

>But their engine is optimized
stopped reading there

best city incoming

Attached: 1449928574831.jpg (830x405, 122K)

I'm currently playing through Skyrim special edition. Haven't played since back in 2011. Using all the obligatory unofficial patches and gameplay overhauls, etc.

Get to the markarth questline where you have to break out of prison. I remember this one being buggy, but hey, I played at release without mods. And to my utter surprise, the quest fucking breaks at the end when I escape, and I have to use console commands to complete the fucking thing and get my gear back.

8 years after release
an entire definitive edition remastered port
countless patches
even a fucking community unofficla patch
AND THIS SHIT IS STILL BROKEN AS FUCK

It's no wonder Bethesda now designed 99.9% of their quests as draugr dungeon-crawls. Because the few times they attempt something different, it's broken as shit.

Attached: Madanach_Forsworn.png (800x1080, 1.73M)

Attached: comment_8GqOhnQYPPHNFZgsVAz50nINMLV8DtCJ.jpg (1024x688, 511K)

Their engine is optimized for fucking early-2000s MMOs, nothing more.

Based

I feel so lucky that the two times I have done this quest it hasn't broken and one of those times was on PS3. So many horror stories about it.

I-is this why they're waiting until next gen consoles for TES6? So we won't have to deal with shit like this again?

Attached: imageproxy.php.jpg (325x358, 41K)

>play Skyrim on Switch
>bugs from 360/PS3/PC still in the game

Attached: Peter_Paul_Rubens_-_The_Fall_of_Phaeton_(National_Gallery_of_Art).jpg (2500x1865, 1.94M)

This always makes me laugh, just look at him go in the end

Yeah, it's really fucking annoying. I spent most of last night replaying "No One Escapes Cindha Mine" trying to figure out a way to get through the quest without it breaking. Best I can do is get out but the Silver-Blood guy is standing there at the exit but won't open any dialogue with me.

Thank god for console commands though. Still frustrating because I was trying to find a way to do things legitimately. There's really no excuse for this to still be broken 8 years later.

Eh, they could've fixed the quests. They deliberately chose not to, through multiple rereleases of the game. In fact I think they produced more bugs.
But this is the company that released Daggerfall so broken it needed floppy disks with patches distributed after release.

>skeletons and undead are modeled after humans even though there are multiple races
To be fair like half of the races in the Elder Scrolls would have almost identical skeletons, but it is lazy. It was cool in Divinity OS 2 that there were different skeletons for the different races and you'd encounter them in game.

No, it's because retards keep buying Skyrim over and over again for the millionth time. Why bother putting in even the slightest bit of effort making a new game when you can just sell the old one a million times? Hell, they don't even need to fix the problems of the initial release, see

I have no issues also I autistically test all my mods so everything within my mod list is working fine.

Blood on the Ice is worse. Arguably the most broken quest in any Bethesda game ever, every single stage can and will break.

For consoles you retards who can’t read

>Bethesda
>Ever improving
Oh yeah, I'm sure THIS will be the one that actually improves.

this, horse armor for five dollarydoos

That implies its optimized for anything dumb tripfag

Attached: 1257618741175.jpg (858x539, 65K)

Skyrim isn't that big, Tamriel isn't that big, it's a video game, you'd get bored if you actually had to explore a continent that's actually as large as a real-life continent.

Attached: gkzf6a09pq501.jpg (2000x1267, 340K)

Oh, god. Any time I start a new game, I make sure I go to Windhelm as one of the first things I do and do this quest chain. So many things from OUTSIDE of that quest break it. I was almost 100 hours deep into my first save when the game was new before I learned that I could never get a house in Windhelm because it had broken

It does...for consoles. Which isn’t hard to do nor is it impressive because it’s consoles and they are shit.

Comprende, retardo?

don't @ me, fag

>Blood on the Ice
Just look at the things that can break this quest, only two have ever been fixed

elderscrolls.fandom.com/wiki/Blood_on_the_Ice

Retards get rekt. Sorry bout it kiddo

Having spent some number of hours in Google Earth VR I'd like to see them try
The themepark approach is stale beyond belief, Daggerfall was off to a good start, it just needed refinement.
The point of a wide open world like that isn't to search behind every blade of grass for a handplaced unique sword anyway.

I've been playing Morrowind for the first time lately and I'm quite impressed by Balmora and Vivec. The latter might be needlessly complicated and segmented but they give a decent impression of actual places with lots of residents, most of whom are just normal people who don't matter to the story,

man, I've had a lot of misfortune with this fucking game, but I'm actually lucky I've never had an issue with this one.

dwarf fortress
pic is any small random procedurally generated town, to scale with 8700 population.
in adventure mode I just got back from visiting my neighbouring fortress which consists of 3 dwarves, 2 elves and 800 horses.

Attached: 1534749972428.png (1250x604, 81K)

>elderscrolls.fandom.com
You should really be using UESP, my man.

Conceptual compression. The number of houses would not have changed the game. If it were 80 houses, they'd all either have no interiors or the same 4 repeated over and over. Since the number of houses was a detriment in either conceptualization, it was the more logical and economic decision to only include 8. Eight with different-enough interiors and quest markers.

youtube.com/watch?v=ib084tzN8H0

>Capital city
>no-one lives there
Explain this

Attached: 1558925392033.jpg (1024x768, 148K)

why is it always the cats?

Attached: output.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

>game has multiple wikis
every fucking time. Why do autists do this shit?

Attached: mcgregor come on.jpg (744x752, 42K)

they both feel positively lifeless compared to Arena/Daggerfall
But then that's the tradeoff: realistic vast cities teeming with busy people where you get told to fuck off and random buildings that aren't terribly interesting (just like irl!) or a tiny theme park hovel with 12 named NPCs and that unattended glass dagger on the shelf that's always there
They definitely tend to appeal to different sorts

Attached: 1358008005781.jpg (2500x1406, 896K)

>Game made by Polish company
>Angry that location has a Slavic name.
What did you expect.

UESP is unironically better on every objective level. The fandom wiki is run by Skyrim babbies.

What game?

To be honest, most of the interiors of Skyrim are already pointless, they should just build a procgen system to fill out cities, since it's just filler anyways. No quest or voiced NPC owuld direct you to such a building, but if you wanted to, you could pick the lock, and find a generic interior, which Skyrim already mostly has, with some generic cuck NPC getting his wife redguarded, some generic loot, and a chance of finding a letter/journal/etc. that starts a minor quest. But that would require effort.

that FOV is aids

>The fandom wiki is run by Skyrim babbies.
So it has no CHIMfaggotry? Sounds appealing.

Witcher 3 had good sized beautiful cities

Not disagreeing with you. I just don't know why this always happens with games getting 2 or even 3 separate wikis instead of just consolidating

I'd prefer Gran Soren to Solitude any day.
Also, Vivec City says hello.

Yeah, it's real appealing until you end up having to go the UESP anyway because the information isn't there.

because people want ad revenue and control

You mean classist?

Some issue with their Havok implementation.

Most games are already like that, Elder Scrolls does something that other games don't, why does everyone want games to be some homogenous entity where everything is the same.

there's a mod to fix it, apparently
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/91598?tab=files

Toussaint's my bread and butter
France Italy and spain.. Very noice

Attached: xresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 585K)

>Elder Scrolls does something that other games don't
get more compact and streamlined with every iteration? I'm sure other games do that too

That's not what I'm talking about, literally moving the goalposts

>playing Skyrim in first person view

OH NONONO

youtube.com/watch?v=hFcLyDb6niA

>Elder Scrolls does something that other games don't
It was eyebrow-raising back during the Oblivion days, but nobody was impressed by Skyrim's towns on any level. If they really want to go for the whole 'you can enter any building' thing, then they need to approach it differently. Instead of having half a dozen 'towns' scattered around the map, have one large city or something.

maybe for a consolefag

Attached: output (2).webm (640x360, 2.8M)

Attached: more like downvigrade.jpg (1888x2112, 875K)

Botw

>pre release shots look better than the final product
stop the presses

>not playing Skyrim in absolute first person view
shiggy

Attached: 1551033657981.webm (640x640, 2.55M)

>Morrowind and onward has had Xbox bias
Morrowind was initially developed for the PC, as evidenced by its PC centric UI. Oblivion was biased strongly toward the Xbox, but in a different way than Fallout 3 and on. It entered pre-production and production a long, long time before the 360, and was consequently designed more liberally by Todd and BGS since they didn't have any concrete limitations on what it could be until late in development when X360 specs were finalized. As a result, Oblivion was designed with a much, much larger scope than what was finally released. The final period of development, and why it was delayed significantly, was BGS frantically cutting much of the game to be able to run on the 360 and fit on a single DVD. Over half the dialogue made for the game was cut. Arenas in every city were cut out of the game, despite being completed. An entire city was removed late in development. The result is still a title gimped by consoles, but one where the developers were ambitous, if unintentionally, with what they could do with the platform.

I thought it was mostly a combination of gameplay mods being a huge pain in the ass, even in Skyrim, and no one giving a shit about Fallout 4 because of the voiced protag and shit main quest.

I guess his people needed him

my character can suck off giant titted futa women just fine in fallout 4 so i will say no

is the animu mod being further developed

The HD GTA games have an insane level of detail put into the city design, most will never be aware of the unique individual asset put into a seemingly random building that represents a real life building

OMFG so good. SO GOOOOOOD!!!

>cloud district is literally one building

woah, this makes me wanna boot up sk- oblibion again

glad the cat applied for a helicopter position

i hated this guy so much that everytime i start a new game its my main goal to kill this asshole

>teehee look i turned all my settings down as far as they could go, much downgrade guise
yawn

Yeah the game constantly updates because of creation club shit which breaks the script extender that many mods depend on. Skyrim special edition also does this, and steam is retarded and won't let you disable game updates

piratechads win again

Even downgraded, it still has one of the best looking open world cities.

the vortex anomaly

I just pretend that it's supposed to be the fun park version of what the real thing is supposed to be, aren't skyrim and cyrodiil the size equivalent of the United States?

Attached: 1483249175769.jpg (264x292, 28K)

Cities in real life are often smaller than you think user. Go to a downtown area and you'll be surprised how small the amount of sq feet covered is. Downtown areas tend to look bigger from a distance

the thing about say Khorinis is that it never pretends to be anything more than it is. It's a small fishing village built around a keep. That's what it is lore wise and in practical terms.
Meanwhile bethesda makes the the capital city of an empire a small round neighborhood with two dozen npcs

The interiors are literally the same though

Or just adjust the concept like any competent dev does.

No, because it's basically just a prop. It's the other side of the same shit splattered coin.

A lot of the buildings are enterable, without any loading screens, and hold a ton more detail than any of the Skyrim homes. If you want EVERY building to be enterable, you'll just get another shitty Skyrim/Fallout 4 city.

The majority of my random crashes are when traversing the Falkreath hold, especially on the way to or from Markarth.

That's a common crashing spot
Are you using Crash Fixes?

t. Never played Witcher

That's not a city though, it's autism.

It's Skyrim motherfucker. We ain't gotta explain shit.

You're missing out, dude.

Rome Total War.

lorefags can't decide whether tamriel is the size of europe or north america. i'm leaning on north america.

Cool always wondered if you can jerk off your hdt penis in VR. Can you actually do that?

Is he trying to sell me weed?

since the body itself is a mod
who knows?

Except it's just the outside of a building. The buildings might as well be trees and boulders, with less creativity in placement, for all the interactivity they offer players in open world games.

That's what I liked about GTA IV. Some of the buildings had fully modelled stairs up to the roof and in rare cases even appartments (mainly for story missions). Lots of details, I was disappointed GTA V took a step backwards in this regard.

Attached: 1560892875362.gif (360x203, 877K)

get good

>playing a RPG on first person[
kys

yeah ive never had this problem either and ive replayed the game many times over. you're just mad cuz bad.

dilate samefag

Wouldn't trannies play in immersive first person so they can look down and see a woman?

it is highly arousing to see bobs and vangene from a first person perspective

For me it's the only game with truly lived in cities complete with people spitting, couching, yelling and swearing as you went by. I was blown away by cities in Final Fantasy (8 in particular) and then Mafia 1 but W3 really pushed it to a new level. I have high expectations from Cyberpunk 77.

I do believe it's possible since the VRIK hands can interact with tits and butts. It doesn't use HDT but a newer physics system which I believe SOS was ported to.
However since there's no finger tracking or anything and the physics aren't terribly precise, it'd be more like a cat batting around a sausage and it might end up clipping into itself and ending up like a fleshy pretzel.

Yikes pal count me out
I bet you freaks make loli charas and let yourself get railed by ugly hairy old men and dogs in the first person too, am I right you sick bastards? Haha that's sooo fucked up

Attached: 1558382030228.webm (960x586, 1023K)

Maybe a shitton of fucking mods installed on the poor game

lol it does that in vanilla too retard
youtube.com/watch?v=M9DBwnPHJTQ

>I bet you freaks make loli charas and let yourself get railed by ugly hairy old men and dogs in the first person
name 1 (one) game where you can do that

skyrim vr with mods

Oblivion? Skyrim?
My sweet summer child, there is a world of wonder out there for you.

haha wouldn't that be funny

No Patrick you're supposed to let me win!

looks like a mess honestly

Game?

yes and
pastebin.com/6Kyvy6h5

That's probably one of the worst modded screenshots I've ever seen but his point stands

Game world =/= lore, plus the game is unoptimised as fuck so a larger capital would immediately crash an Xbox 360

And people say Quake brownfest is bad, holy shit.

Attached: 1528747132111.png (299x286, 187K)

Attached: it's only a model.png (229x175, 68K)

Kek

>capital city
>20 houses

I honestly never understood why Skyrim is so popular. It's extremely janky, shit story, shit combat, shit exploration shit characters, shit everything. I would give it a 5/10 or something because it's playable and decent enough for a few hours, but every budget RPG beats skyrim

Todd should take a page out of Deus Ex's book and limit you to certain districts within a city with a much larger city visible in the background but closed off, somehow. Some people might complain that it's not as "Immersive" to see part of an area but not be allowed to go to it, but do you know what I don't find immersive? Being able to travel to any part of a city, but there's nothing fucking in it, or having the capital city be absolutely tiny.

Like, look at the Citadel in Mass Effect. You're limited to an absolutely tiny part of this massive space station, but because the worldbuilding in that tiny part is so strong, it still feels massive even though there are roadblocks and stuff keeping you from progressing.

Because in its special niche there are actually zero competitors with the most comparable games all going for more focused experiences
Believe me I would fucking jump on an actual competitor in a heartbeat but most sandboxes tend to be somehow infinitely more shitty than Bethcrap

>torches are lit
Draugr actually do that, even in modern mythology
>looted coins are exactly the same as modern ones
the septim has been in use since the second era.
>skeletons and undead are modeled after humans
That is because most of those skeletons and undead are nords

blood and wine, l2 image search

see my reply to this retard you should also learn to use the image search function, turd

Downgrade all of the graphics setting until you reach a steady 15-25 fps.

>factual reality
>in relation to a video game
Do you even use your brain?

the physics calculations are done in a fashion that is reliant on exactly 60 or fewer of them occurring at once. If you go above this it causes issues because Bethesda is full of India tier assmonkeys that could't write hello world to save their life.

wow that looks like dogshit, why do people jerk off this series so hard

Spiderman

>people who like to explore would be bored with 900000% more things to explore
Nigga You Fuckin Dumb as Shit Smooth Brain Fuck

i've always thought the same, the amount of shit in dorf fortress and how long it takes to actually play/get accumulated (and get used to the graphics) takes a certain amount of autism or special-ality
i mean the game is 99% watching 3 pixels move and playing an hour long movie in your head about it

For me it's Gran Soren

Attached: 23412341234.jpg (600x338, 20K)

Division 2 is 1:1 representation of DC (not the entire metro area of course, just the area around the National Mall and Georgetown)

Just because they're the same size, doesn't make them equal.

ok that's cool and all, but washington dc is a disgusting swamp jungle while new york was a comfy snow city so they fucked up in the concept stage.

akiba's trip

All parts of that cat that are "weighted" differently. Picture it as a heat map. The front left paw is blue, and the torso is red, indicating the torso carries most of the weight. What your seeing is the physics engine vomiting all over itself. Part of it thinks the left paw weighs the most, while another part thinks the opposite. The result is like firing something the size of a bullet that weighs as much as a large planet out of a gun. Half the physics are bouncing it around like it's a bullet, while the other half are bouncing it around like it's a planet. So its in constant conflict about what it is and the engine only knows to follow the calculations it knows and makes no accommodations for anomalies.

The actual cause of that is frame rate, as others have mentioned. If the frame rate were within its limits, its velocity would have never gotten high enough to start that chain reaction.

get the lazy newb pack and use tilesets and stonesense isometric viewer. You can make the game look really good. Follow the wiki guide and it takes you through all the basics. After that you have to learn military management and then after that point it's all about fucking around.

It's not as hard or as complicated as people think it is, it's just that the user interface and controls suck massive cocks.

They had to design the game to be able to run on the 360 and PS3 at a slideshow better than a powerpoint presentation

ill try user, thank you for the advice

An easy fix for that would be to make it a bunch of areas connected.
But fags are so fucking anal about muh open wowd that they don't even think about good solutions to easy problems.

Fucking capped.
Skyrim is as much a state in Tamriel's empire as India was a state in Britain's empire, that is to say, it's a controlled territory, but its difference in culture and self-contained government make it a country, even if it's integrated into the empire. Hell, before the civil war Skyrim had even less interference from the empire than India had from Britain. Canonically, Skyrim is supposed to be the size of a country too, though you could make a point saying it's size as made by Bethesda is smaller than a state, but that's more a representation of Bethesda's shitty design than anything else.

Attached: Skyrim, State of Tamriel.png (530x102, 6K)