When the fuck are they gonna announce it? I don't care about remakes of old shit

When the fuck are they gonna announce it? I don't care about remakes of old shit.

Attached: bb88ca7185663a3e-600x338[1].png (600x338, 172K)

Please don't be another generic futuristic setting.

Attached: FFXVI.png (1245x921, 1.4M)

Final fantasy and kingdom hearts are dead

Taro is still doing Nier 2. When P* finishes it, then Taro can move on to doing XVI.

Yoshi's magnum opus incoming

How is this madman going to direct an MMO and a single player game and another next gen MMO at the same time?

Attached: zHF.jpg (300x300, 28K)

This I really wish mainline FF would go back to a classic fantasy setting. It sucks that the most recent game to do this is an mmo.

Fuck me in the ass, if Yoshida is really the director of XVI shit's going to be good or, at the very least, interesting.

His new project could be a remaster of FFXI which has been hinted at.

Classic FF is already covered by XIV, not gonna happen.

>you can’t have two of the same settings because one is an mmo spinoff
Okay retard

Wasn't it heavily hinted that division 3 was working on an action game similar to western titles like GoW? Yoshida kept talking about definitely making a AAA action game within the next few years. Anyways he'll probably be too busy directing the next gen MMO since SE has already put out a player poll asking if people will play another MMO directed by Yoshida and Yoshida has said himself that XIV has only 4 years of content left at this point

They're not "spinoffs" in Square's eyes but a mainline entry its why they have an actual number and not just called something like FF Online. They aren't going to make another mainline game with a similar setting when they already have an extremely successful one currently running.

Isn't the Dragon Quest mmo also a mainline title? Why does square do this.

>Yoshida has said himself that XIV has only 4 years of content left at this point
6-8 years.

Attached: THE 3ND GENERATION.png (1182x1038, 322K)

>Why does square do this.
Money.

This is just speculation not fact

Please don’t be another shitty MMO

This, make a trailer already. Also make a Agni Philosophy manga.

After X-3 and FF8 Remake, so about two decades from now

Big Man Kitase is already all-but confirmed to be doing it, see
It's just going to be a long while. They don't want to fuck this one up like they fucked up XV, and XIV when it launched, and XIII. Which means bringing on the one competent director they have who can bring projects out on-time and on-budget and with commercial and critical success - which also means waiting for him to finish up his work on FFXIV:ARR, which is going to be a while.

The VII Remake is clearly being used as a "stopgap" to tide people over.

Only 13 trilogy had a generic futreristic setting

To be fair XI and XIV are very similar to other FF games with how much of a focus they give their story. You can play XI and XIV just like a single player game for about 60-80 hours

Futuristic FF is already covered by XV

inb4 it's a mobile game

If Yosida is as competent as we hope, now that 'FF16' is in full production, it shouldn't take more than 3 years to get it out.

i havent been able to finish a FF game since 10, think they'll ever be good again?

Unfortunately I doubt it's something that big, which is a shame since he himself said the next FF should be classical fantasy and not more sci-fi garbage.