This was comfy af. Are any of the other .hack games worth playing?

This was comfy af. Are any of the other .hack games worth playing?

Attached: 64FCC053-40BC-468D-90EA-4F4BEFD0FC8C.jpg (522x659, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

falions.net/works/SECRET.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=ojVG1ZSQ-0c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you think they won't HD the original quadrilogy to keep the prices of parts 3 and 4 in the sky?

I really want to play them, but they're ridiculously expensive these days...

I think it's because of the combat system honestly.

Just emulate at this point, the originals need a full remake, they aren't really fun to play now.

Emulate Infection, Mutation, Outbreak and Quarantine.

How do they compare to G.U.? Are they just as filled with random boatloads of content like the message boards and fake news sites? I loved that stuff

You played the best combat this series had to offer. The originals have charm, but that shit tier gameplay tho.

They won't because they would require a full remake and Bandai Namco ain't payin' for that.

God I wish .hack would come back to life. Please god Bandai Namco make this shit happen

It's not as heavy as G.U.'s desktop content, but there's still silly news articles and e-mails and message boards and all that. The game part is kinda shit but you'll get over it.

I hope they make a full ff7 style remake of //IMOQ. The story and characters must be preserved but the combat needs a COMPLETE overhaul.

Not to the same degree as G.U. but they're there. If you're looking for comfy, The World itself is more comfy in IMOQ than it is in GU. The big issue with IMOQ is the combat is mediocre compared to GU and overall poor in the scope of most action RPGs.

Attached: 1-DHI_Update11_EmailBoard_1.jpg (640x480, 79K)

IMOQ plays more like an actual MMO, more so than GU, which felt more like an action game to me. Message boards and fake news still play a part in the games. The only negative I can say about the gameplay is the combat itself can be a pain for some because you're to going pop up a lot of menus during fights when you're ordering your party.

Attached: image.jpg (2000x1132, 608K)

The World:R2 is shit.

The game itself is way more comfy with the feel of the desktop and world. The biggest difference is the game is way more challenging than gu. The first phase fight is able to be fought at 33 since that is the cap. The boss is level 40 something. The game does get easier but the first disc alone is a giant casual filter. Also you need to collect virus cores later and it is incredibly more tedious and annoying than in gu. Also all phase fights have bosses that can easily instakill you and don't have an hp bar. Otherwise it should take you 40 hours just to beat the story and do a few side quests.

I also wish for a revival of the series. //Link was to much of a shit hill to die on for the games. And the stupid plot hook they did in that crap OVA they did about a terroist group trying to get hold of Aura.

Attached: 1511413459708.jpg (1920x1080, 552K)

Be nice if they just sold these games on PSN store even without a remaster.

Namco Bandai own the rights. We aint seeing any ports in our lifetime.

I would be fine with that, I mean why have they not done that? I doubt they'll ever get the okay to actually remake or even give the quadrilogy a simple remaster. I'm surprised they were even allowed to remaster GU.

This ain't it dude. You should read the supplementary info about that group and the shit going on during Link through the movie.

I fucking hate Link so goddamn much you wouldn't believe. I thought the Quantum and Beyond The World were pretty fine. I haven't seen the very last OVA, which is chronologically the very last thing to happen in the .hack timeline. So how bad is it?

Yes i know they masterminded the creation of her.
Does not make it any less retarded. The OVA was a mistake. And now the whole plot will never be resolved anyway.

i was thinking of buying this but didn't want to get invested in a story i let go years ago.

does it end for the main cast or is it a cliff hanger and does the main guy get with the girl

Confirmed shit taste

God I love IMOQ world, atmosphere, and characters so much more. Shame about the combat.

Bad. So bad it underminds the whole plot of the first games.
Turns out Emma was part of a terroist group that wants to kill off mankind. They manipulated Emma and Harold together. Aura is somehow a key to their end goal. And the real digitize system from the //link game is part of it.

The fuck did i just read

Attached: erf.jpg (500x372, 15K)

Yeah it comes with a new volume 4 in the hd remake that's like an extended epilogue with some new content. There's no definite pairings because you can marry anyone you want.

No joke that is the OVA, look it up if you think i am baiting.

>Turns out Emma was part of a terroist group that wants to kill off mankind.
They want to digitize humanity so the environment can recover. They're just trying to save the planet.

>They manipulated Emma and Harold together.
They didn't. There's no information on the specifics of their relationship, as in how much Harald knew of what he was doing.

>Aura is somehow a key to their end goal.
She provides the power to mass digitize the earth's population. This has all been in testing since R:1. You can read more about it in the supplementary info, it's been fully translated

Fuck you Butt-Rice

Fuck me yourself pussy also it's OHM RICE!!!

>liking Link
>liking literal fanfiction in video game form
You're a disgrace.

Attached: image.jpg (536x402, 58K)

Link > Quantum > bullet > Beyond the World > Thanatos Report

Then read the info at falions.net/works/SECRET.pdf and you'll see the full story. 3rd season is good.

Isn't your PS2 chipped?

That sounds awful.

That sounds REALLY awful.

>They want to digitize humanity so the environment can recover.
Did they ignore the side effects? What i said was true it would kill humainty.
>There's no information on the specifics of their relationship
Oh come on, they implyed it heavily that Emma was "planted" with Harold.

Wooosh

Attached: monkeypaw-2017-04-07-09-15.jpg (640x480, 33K)

>fanfiction
When will this meme end? Tokio isn't time traveling, and the game is only structured the way it is because they needed a way to introduce the metric fuckton of content to newcomers to get them up to speed before they hurdled towards an ending that never happened. Link is doing its best with its huge task.

Stop pretending to like Link, user.

Attached: image.jpg (1024x574, 101K)

Yes they are fun

Man they forgot about any and all past .hack characters the meoment you get past GU's arc.
I played the whole game. Gathering the knights has 0 effect on anything as the game switches gears to look for tsunbitches brother

It won't kill humanity. The whole point is they use stuff like Link to iron out the kinks (Outer Dependency Syndrome) and figure out how to fix them. This is seen in the fact that Mama has splintered off into two factions, one that's looking to use Aura's power to prevent it and another that's trying to resurrect the RA Plan.

Also, all that's said is that they meet at an anthrosopy lecture. Sure, she might know he's talented, but they're specifically vague about the details of their relationship. There's no implications.

doesn't something happen after this like another link series.

also how is this series dead while SAO is still going

And? They never intended to have any bearing on the plot. They're just AI. Did you really think all 130+ characters would tie into the plot?

YUME KARA SAMETE MO

There was an alternate universe fantasy world mobile game but I don't know much about it.

I like Link because I feel like it cohesively ties together a lot of .hack's lingering back stories, specifically the Terminal Disk. It is a great way for newcomers to get up to speed without investing a fuckton of time and money. Real Digitalize feels like the natural progression from the very first scene of .hack, which is trying to communicate to the viewer what it would be like to be inside a video game. I think it's fine, but it's fine if you don't. The game itself is pretty bad and the story is presented in a very roundabout way. It might as well have been a visual novel.

That's just my opinion.

Fuck me, you actually managed to play through that travesty? I couldn't endure playing and dropped it after meeting Tsukasa which is at the very start. I just can't play a game with a main character who is also the most retarded main character of all time. What the fuck were they thinking when they made Tokio?

Is Link worth playing? An english patch got released not too long ago so it's sitting on my backlog.

I want to spend my summer days chatting with Shino in The World.

Shino > Atoli

Attached: 30c789bdac9d817245ba00ebdb6da079.jpg (1390x2000, 252K)

No it's bad.

You will either love it or hate it. You'll probably hate it.

Well yea, considering the main objective for the first half of the damn game is waking them up from the statues. And the plot hook at the start says they are needed. It was a mess of a game. They did not do the characters any justice at all.
Seems very shallow just to include them for a shit lost loved one plot. We don't even get a propper send off for them either.
>BUT IT WAS TOKIOS STORY
So why did they make a big deal about the .hack characters then? Why not give him his own time line and mention the old characters in the news/ items.
Yes i managed through the broke as fuck fan translated copy. Even the way the game was coded was fucked up. Crashed all the damn time. Could only fix by swapping to the none translated ISO and even sometimes that did not fix it all of the time i had to delete setting on emulators and my Vita to get it going again. The game itself is so brainless i played it on auto pilot while i was on the shitter for the unlocking of the characters.

I dropped Atoli so hard after I got Shino back. I only party with Shino and Tabby.

They are important simply because you need the chrono cores or whatever it was.

You do get a send-off, it's the Unison event unlocked after the main game. There are also a fuckton of F-Skits if you want to see specific characters interact.

youtube.com/watch?v=ojVG1ZSQ-0c
Even the devs themselves make fun of Link.

Absolutely based.

Yeah Shino's voice is so much more pleasant to listen to.
No more ear raping REPTH x100 to recover your thousands of hp because she wasted her mp using high level healing when you took 5 damage.

>It is okay if these legendary characters only have a maguffin, and we can discard them later for a shit lost brother plot that comes out of left field so hard it gives you wiplash.
//Link was shit and killed the franchise. Deal with it.

>tfw you just played through the game part of IMOQ to get to the next sequence of message board drama

One thing i thank them for doing with Last Recode is putting back the first Rengeki sound.

They did a really good job with the message boards.

Also Shino has Ap Do in her skill repertoire which comes in handy if you're insane enough to complete the Forest of Pain.

God I wish they'd remaster IMOQ. I love those games.

Too bad they dropped the enemy's health so low you've gotta go out of your way to get a Rengeki.

Definitely. The first one was the best. The other rengekis didn't have the same punch.

I'm still waiting lads.

Attached: _hack__G_U_ Last Recode_20180813222818.jpg (1920x1080, 250K)

What does that one do? I finished the Forest but don't recall ever using Shino for it.

I miss the World lad

Hey Butt-Rice, how you doing?

Even back then they had Thots.
Read the Gardina thread in infection. Rallying to have a guy banned for calling out the thot.

All I want is to take the new form and Ovan back to Vol 3, is that too much to ask?

Movement speed up. That and the Dopple Armor and accesory make FoP just a fast run.

Yeah, I can see why that'd be helpful, I remember the first time I did it, I didn't have the Doppel armor or accesory, took quite awhile.

Part of me thinks this is a tease at a new game, but we all know this is just a reference to The World:RX, which the events of Link take place in.

Speed charm. Have her buff up your speed while also wearing that one set of armor that also boosts your speed up by 50% and you'll be zipping by the Forest of Pain pretty quickly.

This. I hate how they pretty much removed every feature in Vol. 4

Oh and to the guy who linked that pdf file. Page 2 is now retconned . Ovan was saved in Vol 4. He is out of his Coma.

I’m just playing the G.U. remaster as of now but the fake boards are so accurate and amazing with all the archetypal MMO players from the people who never stop badly RPing, the wannabe GM players who take themselves too seriously, furries and creepy people, girl gamers who made a cute character and just sit in town and talk and have been level 5 for years, etc. It’s great

>Part of me thinks this is a tease at a new game, but we all know this is just a reference to The World:RX, which the events of Link take place in.
To be honest the devs want to forget //link exists. So i see it as a hint they are doing something better to replace that abomination with.

I was hoping it would at least have the arena, that was one of my favorite things in the game, and you're just too strong for almost any of the maps that they did make for it, since they're designed for Lvl 130-140.

Yeah it's almost like time travel.

>that one slut who by the end of Vol. 3 has a enormous guild of beta orbiters who constantly buy shit for her
How real is this and how often does it happen?

Attached: image.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

The GU remaster had the option to start you off with max stats and the best weapons for people who don't want to go through that bullshit again

Would be nice of them to completely retcon the existence of Link with a new game.

Very. Try it some time

I was expecting some extra dungeon like Forest of Pain at least but we got nothing, and enemies die too quickly if you transfer your save from Vol. 3.

I hope if they do release a new .hack, it’s another story taking place over several games, and not just a single game. You can get so immersed in an ingame setting with all that world building. over several games. Same thing with “Trails” games, and why I’m loving G.U.

>people saying Link's story is retarded
I mean yeah sure it is but they'd been shitting the bed since GU
>Aura died and killed her own daughter too for good measure because why not
>You saved Mia? Yeah well she died anyway because fuck you
>lmao haseo is actually the faggot child from sign because why not

Not to mention the even more ridiculous shit like CC2 claiming that Project X Zone is canon to the .hack series which makes no fucking sense.

If you were a massive autstic like me about it and got all the Trophys, i was so powerful that in whole of Vol 4 nothing could kill me. Dopple armor and Accesory just over powers everything. That and i had fully upgraded weapons with Virus cores and had the best Guns from Vol 3. The ones that cause almost instant death. Getting the new form sort off nerfed me really. But i did like the new attacks and chaining you get.

Yeah, the message boards were amazing. The art site was cool too, really reminded me of the old oekaki boards I used to visit.

>new volume came out a few years ago
>still beg for another revival

jfc you people are entitled

I bet you're an SAOnigger.

no, I'm just grateful we even got a remaster, let alone a whole new volume. MMOs aren't "cool" anymore so the appeal to new fans is gone and oldfags love it for nostalgia. a completely new title/remake would flop hard

>Are any of the other .hack games worth playing?

sadly... no. The combat system of the other .hack games were complete shit.

Same, I just really enjoyed the new form's moveset.

>SAO is one of the biggest ripoiff anime/novels of all time
>The books clearly rip off of .hack to an extent that its almost comical when I talk to newer aged weebs and theyve never heard of .hack, and when I describe the plot using semi vague statements like "Well, I love this anime where people where playing the most popular MMO, and they had these head devices that actually stuck you in the game, and something went wrong and people got stuck in it and couldnt get out, but if you died in the game, you died in real life, so a group of people banned together to fight off the monster that stuck them in the game", they are so excited that Ive watched SAO and ask who I ship
>MMO like games wont be popular

not even going to read this entire post because the success of SAO has nothing to do with the fact that it was based around an MMO. also its shit

just let .hack rest in peace already

.hack did not invent the concept of getting stuck inside virtual reality.

But it was the first to make it about a player in an MMO getting stuck.

I love browsing the art forum

Attached: A068D623-5869-496C-9D96-3DD00CBAA9CD.jpg (1731x1152, 364K)

What the fuck did you just fucking say about NAOO, you low-level bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the NAOO-knights $900 entry program, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on ZOO, and I have over 300 final blow PKs. I am trained in field and arena warfare and I'm the top Steam Gunner in the entire US eastern server cluster. You are nothing to me but just another mark. I will wipe you the fuck out with a Dust Bullet the likes of which has never been seen before in The World, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Message Boards? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of player killers across the globe and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that deletes the pathetic little thing you call a character. You're fucking dead, kid. I'm logged on all the time, I can be anywhere, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my smurf. Not only am I extensively buffed with Books of Power and Wisdom, but I have access to the entire item list of the beta-locked Omega server and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of Mac Anu, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment about NAOO was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit Sphere Bullets all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking deleted, kiddo.

Saving this.

>a .hack thread
>G.U., my favorite too
God i'm old, these was always my favorite back in the days
It's such a gem all around, the desktop immersive mmorpg in a singleplayer game experience was truly breathtaking in its time, and i haven't felt something anywhere near that

Attached: 109506--hack-g-u-vol-3-redemption-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1132, 217K)

Alkaid>Bordeaux>Endrance>Pi>loli twins>Atoli>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shitno

Man, I wish it was possible to use the blades on the dual guns.

>Bordeaux that high up on the waifu tier list
You've got weird tastes m8

To be fair Ryou Misaki (Haseo's irl) and Chigusa (Atoli's irl) has already met up post-the stuffs in .hack//G.U. manga and they ended up together, starting over in the real world
Kinda like Neku and Shiki's relationship in TWEWY, which is sweet

>Another //gu thread about my 2nd character
Man I played R2 until shutdown. Fun fact about growing up kids, When I started playing The World, I wanted every chicks member address. By the time I logged out for the last time, I was turning them down almost every day. Bitches wouldnt leave me alone.

Attached: sora.jpg (422x344, 16K)

Oh shit yeah, I recommend absolutely everyone that plays G.U. to read .hack/G.U.+, a manga recounting a G.U.'s story through a different perspective and ending, but still ties and explains a lot of shit from the original games.
It retcons Ovan as Bansyoya to be dead in the real world but is still "alive" as a consciousness in The World
Shino confesses to Ovan through her tri-edge scars
Haseo and Atoli is implied to frequently meet up irl

Attached: x28.jpg (728x1156, 285K)

Yeah I really wanted either that or to use the word search function to go to random dungeons or fields. You never really get much of a chance to use the new form.

Fucking legendary.

I’m on vol. 3 and I still feel like I haven’t gotten many member addresses so far, such as Zelkova and his guild members. Wish I had more variety in people to invite/do random stuff. But I haven’t even job advanced to the white outfit yet so I suppose I’m still early in the game?

Redemption's best thing is that it goes absolutely batshit insane on who you can invite later on in the game. But it's still later, so just progress for now. I don't think anyone but a few can be missed anyway

There's a bunch of MA's that you only get in the post game for what it's worth like Bordeaux, the Azure trio, Natsume and Tabby.

the .hack games are trash