Aonuma: There Were Too Many DLC Ideas, So We Decided To Make Breath Of The Wild 2 Instead

BASEDTENDO
nintendosoup.com/aonuma-there-were-too-many-dlc-ideas-so-we-decided-to-make-breath-of-the-wild-2-instead/
>When we released the DLC for Breath of the Wild, we realized that this is a great way to add more elements to the same world. But when it comes down to technical things, DLC is pretty much data—you’re adding data to a preexisting title. And so when we wanted to add bigger changes, DLC is not enough, and that’s why we thought maybe a sequel would be a good fit. Initially we were thinking of just DLC ideas, but then we had a lot of ideas and we said, “This is too many ideas, let’s just make one new game and start from scratch.”

Attached: zelda-botw-sequel-jun112019-ss-1.jpg (960x540, 153K)

>mfw the next proper zelda game releases in no less than 8 years and we're stuck with this dlc

Attached: marcus.jpg (450x469, 56K)

I wonder if they'll release some prologue DLC for BOTW to lead us into the new story for 2? It would make the wait more bearable

I have no idea what you’re imaging the problem here is.

So like Galaxy 2 was for Galaxy 1

No wonder DLC was ass for BotW.

Pretty much

Only DLC I liked was the trial of the sword, that’s it

Trial of the Sword was very good but should have been in the base game
Havent beat the second yet

Why did btow get only two expansions?
Same with Skyrim?

this is the expansion

>Why did btow get only two expansions?
it says right in the OP you dumb nigger

Attached: mia.jpg (253x199, 8K)

Same is gonna happen to Mario Odyssey.

Attached: 1542857867708.gif (382x283, 1.31M)

I doubt it'll be that long
Monolith Soft just hired some new people for this game (or, more specifically, for their own studio to make up for the people they put into the Kyoto office to help Nintendo).
Let's assume they started development when that Monolith Soft hiring ad went up.
That would be March of this year.
So then we should assume they were at least well into pre-production by that point.
So the dev cycle for this new game would be at 6 months already. The typical dev cycle of games with new assets and updated engines is about 2.5-3 years.
I think it's very possible we could see BOTW2 by end of 2020/early 2021

that guy is saying BotW2 is garbage dlc leftover and we'll have to wait 8 years for an actually new game.

I hated trial of the sword and didn’t mind champions ballad

only bad part of TotS is the beginning trails
and if you want to be a bitch farm dragon horns and juice up your attack/defense for half an hour

I’ll try it out, I was also debating on trying the sheild surf clipping

Meh I don't think dlc is ever gonna be in the cards for mainline Mario and that has nothing to do with an overflow of ideas. Any efforts are better served towards a sequel because it's a guaranteed huge seller.

you think theyll remove durability bullshit

The third is fucking hardcore if you do it without a guide

>BotW2 is garbage dlc leftover

Majora's Mask was made the exact same way and its one of the most well-loved Zeldas ever.

2 horn shards and 3 iron shrooms/razor shrooms

I must be hardcore then

>We could give you free DLCs but we decided we ask money for them instead.

To this day i still dont know how to actually get tier 3 buffs from food and elixirs.

>free DLC
Are you retarded?

The game will be good, then.
You know a sequel will suck when it's made out of necessity or obligation. They're making this game because they had TOO MANY new ideas.

Attached: 1558499635027.png (326x421, 244K)

use more than 2 ingredients

Did you do it on master? I don't get how it's even possible. Between the garbage item drops and the regen on enemy health it legitimately doesn't even seem doable.

Lads about to play BotW
I first played it light 2 years ago or something, and I got up to the part where your in the giant elephant or whatever the Geruda mechanics guy is. Never beat that boss in there. Just never got around to saying it. I remember I did all the Zora stuff too.
Should I just try to pick it up where I left off, or completely restart the game?
I have no idea what the story is atm. It's been so long

>free DLCs
Dont kid yourself user, this was NEVER gonna happen

Are there certain monster parts i should be using? Because the shit i get from Lynel genocide needs to be used to upgrade stuff

You may as well reset. Also the Camel is generally regarded to be the worst of the 4 to get through

master mode is the worst from of hard mode I've ever seen in a video game, so no

dragon parts are the best, especially horn shards
monster parts increase the time the buffs are active

>dragon parts
Man, getting those things is such a pain in the ass which is why i just cheated in 50 of each part

Sorry for not having a mutilated penis.

farm the yellow one on the bridge
easiest one

>that guy is saying BotW2 is garbage dlc leftover

So were Majora's Mask and Mario Galaxy 2. Nintendo has a history of planned expansions ballooning into iterative sequels that are highly differentiated from the original, and in many ways surpass it.

March 2021 is my guess. I'll further guess that they'll launch their gestating Switch Pro version alongside it, similarly to how the OG Switch launched alongside BOTW.

But then i have to wait for it to appear, glide after it for a minute or two, glide after the part that flew halfway across hyrule, run back to the bridge, set down a fire, and wait for it to appear again.
I get what they were going for with the dragons, but it was just so tedious that you could only get one piece at a time. Makes upgrading clothes a nightmare.

It's like Hollow Knight all over again.

Neat.

Thank God for that, now Yuzu's development will be cranked up to 11 to prepare it for this sequel.

Same with oracle of ages and seasons and they’re fantastic games

A sequel surpassing its predecessor?! No shit, thats the entire purpose of a sequel. You miss the point entirely that the poster does not like the base framework of BotW. Expanded shit is still shit.

I don't know that it actually is possible, I've tried many times by abusing bombs (throw one type, time it so that the second type you throw staggers the enemy again, repeat) and every time I've run out of steam at around level 12 or 13 with the black lizalfos in the water. They Regen too much and bombs do too little

Best advice I can offer and how I beat it, is that you abuse the lightning wand you get from the previous floor.

Sneak up and hit them with your highest damage weapon. They will lose a good chunk of health and 99% slide into the water. At that point you swap to your strongest bow and the lightning wand. Alternate between the two weapons (the button that throws melee weapons just lets you aim the lightning wand) and try to headshot with the bow. The constant flurry of electric explosions from them being in the water, and damage from headshots, should be enough to whittle down their health and kill them.

Upgraded stasis also makes headshots easier if you want to work that in to your attacks as well. GL user, you can handle it.

every set of trials you beat should've decreased the overall recharge time on the Master Sword

I'd rather they make DLCs every few months with a new fresh Zelda than just a giant DLC they're labelling a sequel