Watch Dogs Legion

This one is going to be a major flop.

How many models do you think they're going to use for the "9 million playable characters"?

My bet is a 100

Attached: wdl-standard-edition-lockup_350637.jpg (328x415, 35K)

>GTA 5 graphics

OH NONONONONO

>100
Nigga it will be less than 10.

It'll probably have like 6 voices that get applied to models with randomish clothing options.

I do kinda want to play as a gentarian.

Seriously what were they thinking? They could go down the ancap route, have a redpill plot and everything else why rely on such a easy to fail gimmick?

i would buy it for 5 bucks like i did with the first. Ubisoft games always suck but they are alright for free or almost free

>Do quests to recruit random people into your organization
>Police still bring their entire force if someone calls about a suspicious person in the area
>Permadeath is one of the main factors of the game
I'm not going to do a seven-part questline to recruit a granny, only to have her killed in seconds...unless there is a trophy for it.

So it's going to be like prototype

I miss Aiden.

>My bet is a 100
You're being awfully generous there.

Personally i liked the actual defined story characters in 2.

Attached: 1042158_screenhi_930x524_en_US_06.jpg (930x524, 66K)

>why rely on such a easy to fail gimmick?
Because it's a guaranteed success. At least in terms of publicity. It either does kind of well or it flops and if it flops you just blame it on bigots and trump supporters for not buying it for political reasons. Then you get a rush of support at the very least from twitter and internet media that will coax stragglers and gaming newcomers into buying it for months to come.

2 maybe 3 of every type.
2 to 3 grannies
2 to 3 skinny males
2 to 3 punk females
etc.
Then a hair, eye color and tattoo randomizer

My main worry is just that I don't think anyone's really gonna care.

They made a huge deal about permadeath being important, but when every single character is randomly generated and just recruited, with one of six different voices and personalities you just don't care.

Imagine if one of the gang in Watch dogs 2 died permanently during a mission, that would mean a lot more because you spent the whole game getting to know these characters.

I think one of them acualy does die.

>watchdogs 2
>defined story characters

What the fuck is that cover.

Bash the fash and resist the cis. Fuck capitalist pigs comrade!

>fuck greedy 1%
>let me hack you with my £2000 goimphone

Even cover is uugly. Good old Aiden Pierce.

The graphics are worse then gta v.

Seriously a modder could easily make the game vastly better looking just by sharpening, saturating & messing with the blur filters a bit

>Watch Dogs 1
Hacker Punisher wages a one man war against all crime to avenge his dead niece-daughter and fuck almost anyone who gets in his way. Grimdark as fuck. A nightmare world. Consistent. Not the greatest game ever or anything but I loved it.
>Watch Dogs 2
Hacktivist group tries to take down not-Google. Tonal nightmare. Dated references. Shit characters. Social justice everywhere. Wants to "take down" so many things (Trump, scientology, the police, google, social media, hollywood, racism, etc.) but never delivers. "We want to be more like nu-Saints Row." Inconsistent as hell. Also peaceful pacifist hacktivist group is wreaking havoc with rocketlaunchers and machine guns. Makes no sense. I wanted the slav villain with a manbun to win.
>Watch Dogs 3, based on the cover
Oh fuck they've gone full nu-Saints Row now.

Ubisoft produce pure schlock and my opinion of those who buy their games is negative.

>MC of Watch Dogs 1 has as much personality as a brick and talks like he has a throat infection
>He's still more likeable than the whole cast of WD2
He better be in 3

I honestly liked watch dogs 1 but the niggers and pocs are really off putting

Well, he made a cameo in WD2 so I guess probably?

this looks like such a fuckin downgrade from 2. I had hoped they weren't gonna fuck up but this shit looks awful.

>clint hocking
Mite b cool

It fucking boggles the mind that they did this shit.
I'm no retarded reactionary alt right or SJW child but Ubisoft shouldn't allow this. What the FUCK happened to "we're going to keep politics out of our games"?
This is genuinely the most bizarre video game in atleast 10 years. Imagine the combined autism it took to create this idea, and then systematically inject all of this infantile near-schizophrenic perspective of the current political climate into every facet of the game. Did they do it for the marketing? Of course, but considering how it was presented during E3 it is obvious they take themselves too seriously. My post has been nothing but a incoherent and rambling mess because of this game being as fucking confusing as it is.

Have they assigned political agendas to the extremist factions you're fighting against in the game yet?

I bet it's going to have like 6 or 7 different archetypes and each playable character is going to conform to one, with a few exceptions.
Like Lego games do.

I bet one whole internet dollar there will be a brexit faction. At least plenty of brexit references.

It's about a post-Brexit Britain.
Because that's what young rebels do, support multinational nondemocratic governments like the EU.

>completed wd1
>only used bullet time when the game activated it
>were missing drones and helicopters
>wd2 comes out
>much more colorful and with actual drones
>got to the trailer mission where you have to climb a skyscraper and stealth a penthouse
>die to some bullshit
>spawn back down at street level
>uninstall.exe
Don't really know what to think of legion.

Attached: d4481057.jpg (452x428, 89K)

fuck if i know, all I know is what they said in the trailer which is that law enforcement has been privatized or some stupid shit
But since this is a Ubisoft game that means that the private military contractor you see in the trailer is gonna be the primary antagonist organization.

And it probably will be owned by not-Google as always.

>government
Unless ubi was lying, the setting is now private corporations gaining more power where government has stepped back. It's almost like a worst case scenario of what's happening with big tech right now, I guess.

To be fair, google is already basically a dystopian future corpo villain.

Does Ubisoft not realize they are a big tech company?

Why are they driving on the wrong side of the road?
This doesn’t make any sense!

Wasn't the pitch something like "Brexit happened, so now there are fascist deportation squads roaming the streets". Surveillance state too, but that's kinda just London currently

lmao ubi isn't anywhere near a big tech company. They publish games. When people say big tech they mean companies like google and facebook. Companies that are insanely wealthy and influential.

Not at all. Stop getting all your news from Yea Forums.

Also, they fucked up with the cars!
The driver seat is on the wrong side!
WTF

I watched the conference though, and that's what I remember

not him but they literally said "deportation squads" which is fucking hilarious and adds to the ridiculousness of it all

Ubisoft games are very rarely awful. They're just soulless and boring almost across the board

It's impressive really

True, but Ubisoft is still among the biggest video game publishers and engage in limiting consumer rights, diversity hires and pushing agendas.
If they had the money, I'd bet they would turn into French Google.

It's kinda weird though. If the state is now controlled by a big corporation in the game, why would they deport third worlders. If anything, they'd want more of them for cheap labor. It comes off more like they just threw in every bad thing they can think of

I also watched the conference and he set the stage by saying government has stepped back and extremist private corporations have stepped in.