Anarchs

What do they actually want? What's their endgame? They realise like everyone else that without the masquerade, Vampires would be hunted down and killed. Why does the Camarilla tolerate their existence and not just wipe them out?

Attached: IMG_7186.png (837x837, 513K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xu1347WgmAc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Same reason we tolerate their alive equivalent.

Their end game is that, while Masquerade is a useful tool to remain alive, the rest of the traditions are BULLSHIT.
Masquerade: Hide the existence of vampires.
Domain: A kindred's hunting ground is his own territory, and he rules it absolutely.
Progeny: Sire only with permission of one's elders.
Accounting: Until childer are released, their actions are the responsibility of their sire.
Hospitality: Honor the domains of others, and present oneself to the ruler of any domain you visit.
Destruction: The right to kill Kindred is reserved for the Elder of a community. Only an elder may call a Blood Hunt.

freedom bruh

right is might

Apart from Domain it really isn't that bad or illogical
And it could be terrible if the Elders were all absolutely evil, but they seem to leave other vampires be free as long as they don't meddle into their politics
Plus having an organization allows the Elders influence human society to hide vampires better

Attached: 1527572632035.gif (512x807, 469K)

Vampire politics are a setting contrivance that doesn't actually work at all in practice. Just listen to what the writers tell you and don't think about it too hard.

I only just started this game, just got to downtown yesterday. I think the explanations the anarchs give are very straight forward.

Camarilla are basically an ancient pyramid scheme, the rules are only designed to give power to the people on top, allow them to stay in their lairs while people bring blood for them. This is also probably the main reason they publicly deny the ancients exist, they don't want to admit there is anything above the Camarilla.

As long as they uphold the masquerade it shouldn't be a problem. From what I have seen they do really care about that, so I'd say they are alright. It's not like they truly want anarchy among vampires.

on the same side I think the other rules are alright. They make sense in an old world context, and you have to remember that a lot of the kindred come from before that time. I think a lot of the ideas there help to ensure the masquerade is taken care of.

I think the game really does well what I have heard it praised for, allowing you to form your own opinion on who to side with and not outright saying who is right.

maybe they should have more women

Attached: 1560760657710.jpg (1400x700, 276K)

You kidding? Imagine if humans suddenly solved immortality. We're not gonna sit around and sing kumbaya. It would all be petty squabbling like this.

No, it wouldn't be. Also, there's ~100 vampires per each major city.

nines talks about rising up and tearing down the Carmella to build something better
>call him out saying he sounds like he just wants to be the leader of a new organization he wants to start
>immediately gets butthurt, calls me a boot-licker and tells me too get the fuck out

fuck nines. his just another power hungry vampire like the rest.

Attached: 1560116401497.gif (320x233, 1.74M)

I dont know what clan to pick

I ain't no vampire lore expert, but I think it makes sense if you consider it being a modern evolution of the Brujah's long standing Promethean ideology faction.

Trying to recreate Carthage is kind of a lost cause at this point. But you can resist the Camarilla and idealize a world where vampires in humans live in (likely vampire favoring) open symbiosis. I mean, when you're a vampire your outlets for utopianism and radical politics are kind of limited - excluding joining the Sabbat.

>No, it wouldn't be.
I'm sorry but do you live in this hypothetical situation?

The vampires have nothing to have petty squabbles about. The only resource they require is plentiful.

you like talking you way out of things while sucking and be on the matrix? play toreador.

wanna tear shit up with your fist? gangrel

they are scared

Attached: 1552939900830.png (1329x758, 261K)

>What do they actually want? What's their endgame?
Anarchs are always against everything. Even when there is nothing to fight, they will find a reason to fight. They also fight themself, are canibals

Attached: 1554565190797.png (1347x822, 260K)

>Why does the Camarilla tolerate their existence and not just wipe them out?
Vampires get old by never picking a fight they aren't 100% sure they'll win unless they have no other options available. There's always more time to scheme and improve your position, it's not like these are the Final Nights or anything.

>Why does the Camarilla tolerate their existence and not just wipe them out
They're bound by a treaty forced by the Tremere a long time ago. The Tremere forced this as a way to fuck with the Ventrue.

Listen noobie. I don't lecture, I don't rap, I'm no bureaucrat.

wish I could have shot him in his fucking face

The Camarilla consists of like 15 people.

This was after the first Anarch revolt that basically just devolved into a massive diablerie fest. The fact that the Camarilla allowed the Anarchs to exist amazed even the Anarchs. Most of the diablerie vamps were part of the black hand which formed the Sabbat.

Vampires are faggots

This is something that always bugged me.

I believe the official rough rule is 1:100,000 humans. While believable in having enough replensihable blood and low profile, I don't see how the classic image of a vampire court with all 13 vampire clans in representation and greater secret vampire government can even be real.

Taking that, LA proper (4,000,000) has 40 vampires. What's even the point of having sheriffs, primogens, and elders when the Malkavians are like 4 people? LA greater metro (13,131,431) is a more believable 131 vampires, but still. This is so much worse in any area before industrialization.

The only excuse I can think of is that vampires congregate in much larger quantities in cities and leave rural populations, but keep the average total. So LA city has more like double the vampire population.

Who says they need resources to squabble over?
Grudges last centuries, people have a theoretically indefinite amount of time in this universe to try to become powerful. They are going to butt heads at some point just because they don't like each other.

The game also makes a point of pointing out that immortals would have been born at different ages in history and would definitely have conflicting views with how things should be in the present.

Camarilla rulz

Attached: 6qhldk7qu8431.png (1876x1200, 351K)

>Who says they need resources to squabble over?
The majority of history.

>Say all that
>he still tries to lick your boot at the end of the game before you flip him off
I hate that faggot

Too bad the last 3rd of the game goes off the rails into ANARCHS GOOD CAMMY BAD

what the FUCK

Well said user.

Are you saying the crusades happened because we wanted resources in that sand shithole and not because of muslim hate?
Or modern jihad is not entirely about idealistic religious differences?

I'd bring up Israel, but there is definitely an oil angle involved there with having european descended allies in the middle east.

That sucks if that's true, the only thing I have heard about the last 3rd is that you absolutely need combat skills or you will get rolled. I'll enjoy it until I get there.

>religion
Doesn't apply to most vampires.

The Camarilla in LA is essentially a small backwater outpost, ruled by an overly ambitious upstart.

but you don't need religion to have idealistic deals with each other.

>Are you saying the crusades happened because we wanted resources in that sand shithole and not because of muslim hate?
>Or modern jihad is not entirely about idealistic religious differences?
why not "all of the above"?

There were even less vampires in ye olden days. What fucking politics can there be in a population of 5 to 20 people?

same as any group that fights over land and resources. farmers, ranchers, miners, conservationists, land developers. don't think immortals are the same as ordinary humans. proper ones are on the same level as lords or kings

But there are no lands or resources to fight over. There are so many humans around that even if you tried to start shit with someone, you wouldn't be able to.

The WoD has a higher and denser population than the real world. The 1:100,000 ratio is always waived for narrative reasons. Not all cities have equal representation from clans. If a cities' population of clan Malkavian consists of only a single individual, the position of Malkavian primogen doesn't carry that much prestige.

For the most part, vampires stay out of rural and even suburban areas. The exception would be country Gangrel, the odd loner, roving bands of Sabbat or someone try to start a new Anarch community. Rural areas have werewolves to worry about and don't have the human population to support more than one or two transient vampires.

>But there are no lands or resources to fight over
you're thinking of land and resources in a conventional sense, like deeds and contracts. immortals don't do that. they make deals in the shadows. make puppets dance while they hide behind the curtain. and if someone irritates them they make sure no one left ever remembers who that person was

Everything you've said is contrivance. Blood sources are literally everywhere. Vampires are a few dozens at most among millions of people. You would have to go out of your way to have a conflict.

Osama's entire platform was "western civ is decadent and we reject its temptations"
They didn't want money or power, just to bring us down.

Do you even interact with a group of 5 to 20 people on a regular basis? Especially in workplaces there are always people like that overbearing SOB, the snitch, the one person not pulling their weight, etc.
The same happens in friend groups, people who get together to do just about anything. Someone is going to want more control of the group than others.

Lets get to something more relatable. Look at online communities, where absolutely nothing is at stake for the people involved except their social standing on that forum. There are still shitloads of cliques, infighting, backstabbing, etc.

It is an extremely idealistic worldview to think all conflict and suffering would end simply because a population has all of their needs taken care of. The concept of Us vs Them is a concept hardwired into the human psyche, and therefore into Vampires as they retain their human psychology unless they go full feral. It's not going to just go away regardless of the circumstances of a community become immortal whether through undeath or technology or whatever.

>Everything you've said is contrivance.
and you assume that an immortal wouldn't want territory under their control, that no clan would have knowledge that others would want,that small sparks of conflicts dont grow into heated feuds, that centers of magic and ritual are of no importance to anyone.

Wtf I love the Camarilla now!

>Do you even interact with a group of 5 to 20 people on a regular basis? Especially in workplaces
The vampires are spread across an enormous city.

and each one wants the best places to themselves

They're not against the Masquerade (I don't think anyone except a handful of extra crazy Sabbat are), they're against this phoney hierarchical structure that pretty much only exists to keep Ventrue at the top and to police what other clans can and can't do. Like, Nines protests their decision to execute your sire and almost execute you because he thinks the Camarilla having say over that is horseshit.

Their endgame is anarchy;an end to vampire hierarchy.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xu1347WgmAc

so from what I got from this interview with mitsoda was that they are really going to expand your choices with factions. He mentions that in the first game the story is really linear regardless of your decisions but now you will be able to actually pick sides. Before if you wanted to be an anarch or do that ending you didnt really do anything for them you just kept working for lacroix so it would be cool to have actual different story paths this time.

Also seems like the resonance system will play a large part in building our characters. they work as temp buffs but apparently they also have long term buffs if you keep feeding from people with the same resonance. curious to see how this changes things.

That doesn't even mean anything you pretentious fuck.

sounds gay and shit

only if you're retarded. people butt heads all the time because they know they want something that other people also want. just be cause there is a big city, doesn't mean that the city dump is as good as the high rise tower pent house

how so?

you're so hung up on that part. That doesn't mean they still don't know who each other are and don't like what they are up to. Any fledgling who had an actual sire is going to know The other local vampires. The only fledglings that don't know other vampires don't know what has happened to them and end up dying very quickly.

Listen to yourseld. Look at how much you need to twist and bend to force a conflict between them.

in practice it'll be like skyrim

really gay and shit i guess

how is any of that like skyrim?