Is BotW the ultimate open-world experience?

Is BotW the ultimate open-world experience?

Attached: botwdunkey.png (1774x922, 893K)

He's such a Nintendo bootlicker. I'm surprised Yea Forums doesn't like him more.

Keep saying it.

As you wish cucked and blacked.

C

Dunkey is the ultimate nintendo dicksucker.

Keep saying it.

when you go black

How come it's always americans that lick Nintendo's asshole pretty much all the time?
I have never heard of nor seen such Nintendo fanboys in Europe

>dunkey
He's a guy who won't even look at a game unless it has a bing bing wahoo jumping anthropomorphic animal collecting glowing glittery stuff. He makes decent videos but he's also the last person you should listen to when it comes to reviewing games.

Yea Forums doesn't like black people.

BotW had some cool shit with the way you could interact with the environment other games should take notes from but San Andreas will always remain the open world king.
Also Dunkey's a faggot.

Xenoblade Chronicles X is for me because it had a more interesting world visually and it gave me a mech to explore every nook and cranny with.

But BotW succeeded in having an open world that was engaging in every direction, constantly pulling the player's attention all over the place with very little wasted space, which is the main problem with most open world titles lately. It's like a hidden loading zone between interesting areas where all there really is to do is walk for 5 minutes. Game devs need to learn use of space practices from BotW.

Yes. BOTW is unique among open world games in that it’s actually open world. You aren’t locked out of areas or the things to do in those areas until you complete a certain story mission like in a Rockstar game. You aren’t railroaded into doing a bunch of shit for some randoms like Delphine and the Graybeards before you can complete your main objective; you can just fucking walk into Hyrule Castle any time you want and kill the final boss. Name one game that has done open world better.

breath of the wild's overworld and exploration is unmatched but everything else about the game is unremarkable

I'm sick of open world games, none of the modern ones have any substance to justify it. All they do is rip off Ubisoft who wasn't even doing anything interesting with the idea either but at least they had shiny new climbing technology. If you put Ubisoft Towers in your game and think it's a good idea you should stop and take a big think about why you're doing this.

Attached: 1557844157335.jpg (218x293, 25K)

>open world
cool can i do pretty much anything i want?
>no
then what is the point of open world

Cuuuuck

but you can and it's where botw gets all its praise

>You aren’t railroaded into doing a bunch of shit for some randoms like Delphine and the Graybeards before you can complete your main objective
Which comes at a cost that there's absolutely nothing interesting or unique about the world and you've seen everything the game has to offer in the first 5 hours of the game.
>Every quest is either a fetch mission or, if it seems curious at first, ends up in you finding a shrine.
>Every area that seems interesting at first ends up just housing yet another shrine.
>Every beach is the same with its buried generic chests and crabs.
>Every lake is the same with its sunken chests and fish.
>The rain is lazily implemented as a vain attempt to add some depth and interactivity to the world but ends up meaningless and annoying.
>There are like 3 enemy types that all look the same that are copied and pasted throughout the world a million times.
>The combat is horrible and the physics gimmick stops being helpful and/or amusing after the first 3 times you apply it.
Oh, and there are a few ganon bosses all of which are pathetic difficulty-wise and therefore have zero impact.

Botw is good, but it's absolutely not the genre defining masterpiece people say it is.
It doesn't do anything new or much better than other open world games, it's very comfy and oftentimes engrossing, but it's nowhere near the GOAD it's been made out to be.

Attached: hank hell.png (500x533, 214K)

Dunkey needs to stop thinking people give a shit about his opinions and just try to be funny.

Attached: A21C21FB-43E9-49EE-8C33-4CB58F94513B.png (406x271, 51K)

Only if you play it on PC

I'm really surprised in how Nintendo hasn't hired him or something, to be their marketing man, like that completion guy

>be teenager retard
>scream into mic and make funny noises
>get following
>somehow think you are better than a screeching teenage retard
>"i know, i will critique video games! that will show how mature i am!"

its really sad

you can do "anything" you want similar to the way way you can do "anything" you want in skyrim. to justify having an open world you need good movement ala prototype or the good spider-man games or you need simulation elements but that takes effort so most people don't bother.

Attached: Ashionra.jpg (634x298, 71K)

Spider Mans web swinging doesn't benefit from being open world? Red Dead having a massive living world to get immersed in and give a sense of journey doesn't?

Red Deads world and exploration is better than finding Korok seeds. Swinging is more fun than a restricting grip gauge.

I was a Nintendo fanboy and i live in Europe.
Then Wii came out. Dark Zeldas gone, Metroid Gone, dark games gone, everything turned into Win Wu Wooho and faggot games.
Gas´em. Gas´em all.

you could've just said
>be known as a fucking League of Legends youtuber
that's it

I'm usually pretty good at telling when someone's being serious or joking, but Dunkey sounds like he's always joking, like no one should take any of his opinions seriously.

>durr 3D games made 2D games obsolete
>durr open world games made linear games obsolete
>durr procedurally generated games made handcrafted games obsolete
Different games require different approaches, what worked in BOTW isn't necessarily warranted in any other type of game. Not to mention BOTW's implementation of open world freedom and interactivity is the absolute bare minimum, i.e. for isolated cases with no relevancy to the greater picture of the game's progress, in a barren world with no consequences to the story, characters, etc. It's not exactly revolutionary, the only reason it wasn't tried before is because no one thought it would sell, it only succeeded for Nintendo because people had to give it a chance due to the strength of the brand. Plus there's the fact that implementing the same type of interactivity in any type of intricate modern setting would be nigh impossible.

hello Dunkey, don't forget to say a joke at the end of the video, so that people won't call you a complete retard

This is the problem though, all the (man)children who watch him DO give a shit about his opinions

youtube should just fucking die already

Attached: 1558145132475.jpg (1200x1199, 98K)

Wait he's not really black? I thought that was just a meme.

he claims to always be joking but he actually isnt. i dont have any screenshots saved but he frequently argues in the comment sections of his vids and his reddit board

He is of Puerto Rican descent

You are literally prohibited from accessing certain areas until you boost your stamina enough. You can't even get the master sword until you have enough hearts, so that entire area is a waste until you "level up" enough.

isn't he just exaggeration for comedic purpose
this statement sounds like a pretty obvious joke to me

Or you could just cook up a stam recovery pot and not be a massive retarded faggot. The sword is true but that has nothing to do with open access to the world and it's an entirely optional item.

that or balloon yourself up to places

he literally has a playlist called no jokes

Spiderman ps4 is better than spiderman 2

BotW and Phantom Pain both have the problem of being peak open world mechanics stuck in a boring as fuck game.

Yes