Is this the end for them?

Is this the end for them?

Attached: 1556764239016.png (776x584, 65K)

Oh no, they might sell 14.99 million copies instead of 15, they're finished.

No, it will sell very well.
But the pokemon bank thing underperform a lot as now it is basically useless.

Have we started the fire?

nintendo aren't stupid, they watch forums and social media. the fact that the japs are bitching about it too is a big thing because they rarely bitch publicly

the problem is they might have their hands tied with only the same equal 33% share of the pokemon company and we might be stuck with game freak forever

Yes, the fire rises.

Nintendo owns way more than 33% of the franchise. They're not equal with gamefreak.

of fucking course not
it has pikachu and charizard in it

Sadly, no.

hopefully no

god I hope so.

>Will there be an end to idiots born in this world?

Gee I wonder. If anything it will sell gangbusters.

Rest in piece service, you NEVER had a chance.

Attached: home logo.png (500x363, 103K)

Pigs will always come back for the slop so no.

>games easier than FRLG
Yeah. It is.

Pokemon always sells.

Yes

technically yes, since they do own stock in creatures, but we don't know if they are an outright majority owner of creatures or are just
the largest shareholder

either way, game freak needs to go/get a serious kick in the pants. nintendo should take a more hands-on approach in development/assisting but they don't have the manpower (not an excuse but still)

this never would've happened under iwata's watch. it's sad that this is the console debut after 23 years of fan wanting and we get the B-team on it + cut shit

Let's Go was mired in controversey as well and that sold 15 million.

>the same equal 33% share of the pokemon company
That's not entirely true. They're the sole owner of all Pokemon trademarks, and have an undisclosed stake in Creatures Inc - whether they're the majority owner isn't known. In terms of the three parties that own Pokemon, they probably have the most weight to throw around if push came to shove.

:(

Attached: 1560801985867.png (1092x1904, 858K)

Lol, no. If you're dumb enough to buy a switch then you're also going to buy this steamy piece of shit. Their sales won't even notice the controversy.

what happened?

we don't know the terms of the partnership. nintendo might own more but maybe game freak has first right of refusal on being the dev in a main installment, either way game freak are hacks and fans have to suffer

they've turned into full lazy bethesda/billzard mode dev with a fanbase they know will buy anything (have for some time). but in sword/shield it's really bad, cut pokemon, "quality of animations" which are really bad, dynamax shit nobody asked for, cut content, etc

man those are some lame covers

Probably not. As long as this game turns profit, the Pokemon Company doesn't care. Since they make money from multimedia merchandising, it would take a mass boycott of the entire Pokemon brand to tank sales.

At most we can hope for Masuda stepping down as a producer, but that still leaves his protege Ohmori as director.

Attached: 1560456896734.jpg (1199x883, 135K)

Well, you see...
>Masuda calls up Aonuma.
>Requests an urgent meeting with him, Aonuma agrees.
>He's curious as to what Masuda could possibly need to meet with him for.
>The time of the meeting arrives.
>"So, Masuda-san, what is it you so desperately needed to meet with me about?".
>Masuda is silent for a moment.
>He walks over to the window, hands crossed behind him, and gazes outside.
>"Aonuma-san, you may need to take a seat. I'm about to ask an extremely large favour of you."
>Aonuma's curiosity is piqued. Perhaps Masuda wants to use the Breath of the Wild engine as the basis for his new Pokémon games, to truly evolve the franchise to the next level?
>He sits in his chair and waits for Masuda to speak.
>"As you know, Aonuma-san, my team have been working quite hard to create the latest Pokémon™ games. For five hours a day, three days a week, we have spared only some expense in ensuring that there are many high quality female character designs, and even some new Pokémon™. However, making the game is very hard, and we are in need of your help."
>Masuda turns and looks Aonuma dead in the eye.
>"Aonuma-san, I would like to ask that you let us use the tree model your team created for Ocarina of Time to use in Pokémon™ Sword and Pokémon™ Shield"
>Aonuma is confused, this was not what he expected at all.
>"You.. You mean the tree model we created for the 3DS remake, right? I'd be happy to let you use it."
>"No, not that one."
>"What?"
>"I'm afraid that the game we have created would not be able to handle such a high fidelity model. We'd have to cut another half of all Pokémon™ just to accommodate it. No, we require the original Nintendo 64 model."
>Aonuma sits in stunned silence, he can't believe what he's hearing.
>Finally, he pulls himself together enough to speak again.
>"M-Masuda-san... do you actually have any idea how to make a game?"
>Masuda chuckles, then closes his eyes and shakes his head.
>"Haha, I don't really know..."

>For five hours a day, three days a week, we have spared only some expense

Attached: 1527675931162.jpg (600x532, 33K)

Laziness. Hardcore fans of the series have slammed Game Freak for cutting content in the past, but the core mechanics of Pokemon remained intact (for instance, the Living Dex - the ability to "Catch 'em All"). Sword and Shield brings this to an entirely new level, with a large number of existing Pokemon omitted from the game's programming.

Their excuses don't help either; producer Junichi Masuda claims it "too difficult" to port all existing 800+ Pokemon despite having been done repeatedly on the 3DS with futureproofing in mind (indeed, most models and animations in SwSh are sourced from previous games).

Attached: 1560703537148.png (2191x2843, 2.78M)

>He thinks 15 million would be a good number for Pokémon

So i always wonder.
Is Game Freak logo a Unown ?

15 million sales is par the course for the entire series since Ruby. SS will sell a similar number in spite of being the most obvious cashgrab in the franchise yet because Pokemon is too big to fall.