Is it worth getting this as your first Castlevania game...

Is it worth getting this as your first Castlevania game? I'm going to assume you start with Rondo of Blood and then Symphony.

Attached: 31543270498_2c188607da_b.jpg (1024x1024, 366K)

nope play symphony of a night first, you'll enjoy it more and then revisit rondo of blood for classic castlevania style fun

Okay, I'll do that. So I can just start with this one as my first interaction with Castlevania?

yup, many ppl will tell u to start with castlevania 3 or castlevania iv but they're just coming at it from a retro 16bit perspective.

SotN is regarded as the series highlight and to this day is still my favourite castlevania game.

You might wanna get the Anniversary Collection instead. Depends on if you prefer the Metroidvania or Classic style more.

It’s actually a pretty good collection, but if you have a Vita TV or comfy PC, I’d opt for Dracula X Chronicles on PSP instead, since it has a full 3D remake of Rondo with it too.
Ignore , start with Rondo for the Classicvania experience, then go into Symphony, it’ll help you appreciate more the linking of the games, and seeing all the sprites transfer between games is nice. Technically, I started with Symphony on this collection, but that’s cause I played Rondo on my Wii first.

You will probably like Symphony more, but I think it's definitely worth playing Rondo first just for the linear narrative.

It's very short anyway. You can beat all 8 levels in an afternoon.

Pic related was my first Castlevania, followed up with Symphony and I don't regret it one bit

Attached: Dracula_X_Chronicles_-_Cover_-_US_-_01.jpg (640x1105, 208K)

if it weren't for SotN i wouldn't have desired to go back to classics like rondo of blood for the classic castlevania experience.

whilst yes techincally storywise u should start with rondo of blood symphony of a night is just more fun for a newbie to the series that isn't familiar with slower 16bit era platforming and they probably wont finish it if they start there.

notice how they market the game with symphony being above rondo because they know it's a better place for ppl to start and the biggest reason to buy this collection.

It's at the very least worth trying first. If OP gets 2 levels in (25 percent of the game) and doesn't like it, he can always jump into Symphony and go back.

Yes those two games are in my opinion, the definitive way to get into the franchise. Do Rondo first

Yes, they're the best games in the series anyways. and of course you start with Rondo.

This collection really should have come with Castlevania 3 too

It's fucking $40 with $10 DAY-ONE DLC for an indie game that was crowd-sourced funding. Fuck no, only buy it at a deep sale at best.

Instead buy one of these dozens of better indie games:

N++
Return of the Obra Dinn
Velocity 2X
Trackmania Turbo
Trials Fusion
Factorio
Into the Breach
Hyperlight Drifter
Dead Cells
Shovel Knight
Spelunky
Hotline Miami 1+2
Thumper
Super Meat Boy
The Binding of Isaac
The End is Nigh
Terraria
FTL
Geometry Wars
Nex Machina
Resogun
Dead Nation
Stardew Valley
Darkest Dungeon
Bastion
Ori and the Blind Forest
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Cuphead
Assault Android Cactus
Super Stardust HD
OlliOlli 1+2
Sine Mora
Rogue Legacy
Runner 2
Dyad
Hollow Knight
This is the Police
Furi
Don't Starve

Not a comfy PC unfortunately or i'd have gone for the emulation route but thanks for the suggestion. To be honest my main goal to buy Requiem was to play Symphony but I'm willing to give Rondo a shot too, I'm sure they're both great games.
huh?

Attached: 1555959728409.jpg (400x616, 149K)

Wrong thread?

For y

Best classic + best Metroidvania. SotN is babbymode compared to RoB.

I'd say play 3 first since it's the first in this "trilogy"

But yeah that's a great place to start

I'll say yes. Rondo of Blood is one of the best, if not the best classic Castlevania style games, while SoTN is often hailed as the best and start of the whole Metroidvania style.

As for starting which, it really doesn't matter. Timeline wise, Rondo came first, and predates the story of SoTN, but its not really required playing in any order. Rondo is prolly a faster game to pick up and play through however.

CastleKino

Attached: Castlevania re.jpg (2048x1152, 469K)

> SC4
> C1
> C3 BR
> bloodlines
> rondo/dracula x chronicles
> symphony
> circle
> harmony
> aria
> dawn
> portrait
> ecclesia
any other order is unacceptable (except swapping 4 and 1 I guess)

Don't bother with Rondo remake, skip it, It looks like absolute trash and the only good thing is the remixes.
The OG Rondo and SotN are masterpieces tho.

What is Bloodlines even about? That's the game I know the least about

I don't think Rondo is the best (I'm not even sure it would be in my top five) but it's a good place to start. SotN is piss easy but still the best Castlevania of its kind in my opinion.

It's about some side characters taking the mantle of vampire killers because the Belmonts fucked off to whatever, Portrait of Ruin is more or less a direct sequel to it.

just play symphony of a night dumbass

>Called bloodlines
>Doesn't involve the Belmont bloodline

Its also a sequel to Bram Stoker's novel 'Dracula'. Loosely.

The original implication was that John Morris was a direct descendant, IIRC.

>direct descendant
Branch family actually.

Bloodlines' English manual only specifies he's a "descendant."

Was the branch family thing introduced in PoR then?

Probably, unless the Japanese backstory for Bloodlines was different.

If you beat Rondo you can beat the original trilogy