Here's your fighter pass, bro

Here's your fighter pass, bro

Attached: fighter pass.png (1980x1112, 2.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AvVsyD6lTJQ
imgur.com/a/pWq7ttV
youtu.be/_985v9_1inw
shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=19472.30
theylivewesleep.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-50.html?sp
powerup-gaming.com/2019/04/06/yakuza-series-creator-toshihiro-nagoshi-doesnt-think-sakurai-would-want-yakuza-characters-in-smash-bros/
nintendoeverything.com/yakuza-series-producer-says-switch-ports-havent-been-considered-for-now-characters-unlikely-for-smash-bros/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I would fucking love King Boo. I'm sick of literally who third parties.

I am hoping that niconico_test_1 say the design of the female fighter and if it matches with Colette, I will be happy that she and Lloyd will function like the cut Dixie and Diddy duo in Brawl, because there seems to be a thing that every single DLC fighter that was announced has another character.

Attached: Fightme.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

>Stated way back that Joker’s inclusion is an example of what kind of fighters to expect in the Pass
>last two are supporting characters in franchises that are already in
I don’t think so. Bandana Dee too.

It is very annoying and unfortunate that both Sakurai and the fans seem to be shitfaced drunk on the third party kool aid

Crash and Spyro are the last two.

>Shadow
Sakurai said no echoes.

That is without a doubt the WORST Final 2 i have ever seen.

>Shadow
Fucking why

Attached: Macaulay-Culkin-Talks-About-Home-Alone-YouTube-Series.jpg (728x728, 99K)

Some day my dudes.
Some day.

Attached: 20190619_092800.jpg (1280x1280, 568K)

>Shadow
>echo fighter

Attached: 1547302617112.png (583x474, 155K)

>edgy the hedgey
>even worth the AT spot he was given

Attached: 1D5EF4D6-A6E7-4949-9F8B-4EC466DCF46D.jpg (665x670, 76K)

King Boo and Canon are the biggest victims of Sakurai faggotry and the weeb/onions smash fanbase
>Iconic
>Final boss and main villain of a franchise with 4 games
>Appears in almost every Mario game
>Unique
>Big and villain, 2 things the roster lacks
But instead Sakurai adds Rosalina, Wii fit and more zoomer trash or some anime faggots.
And the onions fans ask for irelevant trash like Waluigi or Geno instead
And the weebs want more of their japanese third party literally whos. And Sakurai delivers. This is why the roster will never be good.

:(

>shadow and king boo
would unironically love this desu

>Playable character dlc
>Pay us 25 dollars for characters nobody wants! Taxes not included
Jesus, they are milking the soi out of you at this point

Step aside

Attached: Challanger_pack3.png (1980x1112, 2.28M)

Shadow is already deconfirmed

She's in
>no Sony rep yet (actually owned IP and exclusive)
>matches the Japanese leaker's description of a female and flying weapon (can use stasis field to grab and throw items, can make a big rock in Jupiter style)
>completely unexpected
>gravity powers make for an interesting moveset, would be a little easier to develop, could use bayonetta or ZSS as a base.
>would only be shit on because muh anime
>music and stage would be cool and unique

Attached: Kat.png (451x699, 53K)

You're getting Ryu and Doomguy

Imagine actually thinking assist trophies have a chance at becoming fighters in Ultimate.

Pretty fucking based I must say.

Attached: 110A3850-B9B1-4D77-81F3-1EB3F2C62679.jpg (2000x1142, 468K)

What is that person’s credibility? I have not once seen anyone give a reason to believe that literal who blue checkmark

Holy fucking this. I’m still mad king boo isn’t happening.

People are retarded and intentionally interpret contextually clear statements in the vaguest way possible and then it turns out the contextually clear meaning was the real meaning after all. It’s typical rosterfaggotry.

*ahem*

Attached: dream dlc 3.0.1.png (960x538, 826K)

>generic human
Nah

Please Sakurai

Attached: never ever.jpg (1980x1112, 568K)

>kiryu
>generic human

Attached: 1553022541120.jpg (464x454, 47K)

Based, but Geno won't be getting in this time around due to already being a spirit and being sorta first party but not really.

Attached: 1555533493284.png (1920x1080, 1.6M)

Leon is next

Attached: 98249752-84CB-46BF-9912-EBFFE2B6D3C1.jpg (1024x573, 58K)

You'll get Apollo Justice instead.

"No!"

Attached: fighter-pass-1.png (1920x1080, 2.36M)

More of a Doomguy supporter, just hoping he didn’t get picked up for MK
Hat Kid’s my most plausible most wanted

Attached: Smashdlc.jpg (1024x576, 110K)

I want a Monster Hunter and Phoenix Wright, and of the two I think Monster Hunter is more likely.

Yes?

Those already trophy/spirits. Fuck ooooooofff!

>Shadow
I fucking wish. He should have been in base, can’t believe he got shoved into Assist yet again.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING Yea Forums

Attached: inevitable.png (1920x1080, 2.19M)

It doesn’t matter how many arbitrary boxes they check when nobody really cares about those characters and they don’t work very well in a playable context.

Characters can be playable and spirits. There will just be an extra fighter spirit version of that fighter.

More likely, they just won’t have a fighter spirit for themselves at all, like how dlc didn’t have custom moves in 4.

In what world is Hat Kid plausible?

have you played his games? he walks off bullets within a couple hours and throws people like dolls youtube.com/watch?v=AvVsyD6lTJQ if you want to keep saying hes just a normal human shall we look at little mac?

Attached: 1559693383549.jpg (1024x576, 46K)

Would unironically and post modernly main Alex.

>tfw Yiik II was planned and will now never happen

He probably got cucked by timing. They obviously shared some of LM2 and 3's in-development info with Sakurai due to the Poltergust stuff, but it may have been too late to squeeze in an entire new character.

Compared to my other choices, somewhat possible.
Hat in Time port is confirmed for Switch, although devs were being assholes about it.

The only one making up arbitrary shit is you. King Boo would be fine in a playable setting and he is more than deserving if a spot in smash. Especially more than fucking geno and waluigi.

Implying anybody gives a shit about Hat Boo for anything but having all the special items without blocking the camera like Peteys fat ass in double dash. He’s what the final boss in some spinoffs? Whoopty fucking doo, and Waluigi and Geno are shitters too real high standards you got there.

Lloyd and Colette as a duo makes no sense. Why would you mechanically turn them into a single character? There's no context for it and unlike Captain Falcon or Joker who have to have an obtuse moveset to properly represent their concepts, Lloyds gameplay and story concept could almost directly be put into Smash.

>they don’t work very well in a playable context.
They made a potted plant playable. This wouldn't look any weirder than playable Boo in all those Mario Party minigames.

That's... acceptable, I suppose.

>these objective factors don't matter because i subjectively don't care
lol

How would Shadow's moveset be different than sonics? I just feel he would be an echo.

Play Sonic Battle then.

>Objectivity in a rosterfag thread
AHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Attached: KEK.png (600x580, 817K)

Objectively King Boo generates less interest than a nobody side character from 2 decades ago.

>basic hand to hard combat
Yeah ok. Just because he can punsh people in the face and suplex someone every now and then doesn’t make him any less of generic ass human.

What would his moveset be?
What would his gameplay mechanic be?
Nothing. He would have nothing but generic ass punches and kicks, and no unique gameplay mechanic at ALL. Almost as bad as the REfag characters.

Attached: FE34BFC0-A23B-4C41-BDAB-9FC2751E76A4.jpg (291x291, 13K)

How could you say that when the generic mook mario (hat human) is in?
Not everything is a hat goomba you retard.

So why was snake one of the most requested characters to come back when all he does is shoot explosives and cqc?

This very thread is proving you wrong about nobody liking king boo. You are a retard and should feel ashamed.

>Joker has Morgana
>The DQ Hero has Slime
>Banjo and Kazooie function as a duo
>P. Plant can be seen watering a Pikmin stem (and murdering it, because it is red) only in the panorama.
Dude, possibly every DLC fighter has another entity involved with it.

Attached: 1560961113585[1].png (780x773, 1.47M)

You say as you post someone even less deserving than Hat Goomba.
>inb4 seething
If anything Piranha Plant is proof that ANYONE can get in.

Interest is subjective, importance is not
popularity =/= importance

Because those explosives are incredibly unique? Snake has an arsenal of unconventional weapons you fucking moron. What does yakuza human have? His hands? A single handgun?

FFHC
Feel the Flash Hardcore
Kasumi Rebirth
Just saying.

This is the worst theory yet, joker and hero have morgana and slime in their taunts and banjo and kazooie are a duo. Plant was a pre order bonus that doesn't count but he is positioned on the mural to be near the pikmin so sakurai saw that opportunity.

Of all the patternfag shit Yea Forums has pulled out of the depths of its ass, this has got to be the dumbest. Is there no such thing as a fucking coincidence to you delusional retards?

Attached: F2F1B627-3D53-4D7F-A3E5-2AB1C82F3DC4.jpg (828x981, 673K)

>c4
>grenades
>rocket launcher
>Unique
You are the most retarded person in these threads.

>What would his moveset be?
>What would his gameplay mechanic be?
im glad you asked user.
>3 or 4 different styles he can switch through kind of like shulk but permanent
>each changes his fighting style
>brawler obviously being more of a straightforward fighting style
>rush being more focused on speed and dodges
>beast being more of a grappler and throwing style
>dragon style if added could have a counter
Yes I know, I don’t want more either, but it would actually fit that style if they added it since thats one of the best moves of that style
>heat mechanic with each style having different variations of his heat moves to make them more unique, like beast whipping out a bike
that wasnt that hard, and it actually relates to how he plays in his games.

Attached: 1558648494290.jpg (240x498, 21K)

Attached: 1560790767166.png (1980x1114, 1.98M)

His problem was that the guy would be punches and kicks, and your solution is to have multiple styles of punches and kicks.

Yeah, because so many people on the roster have rocket launchers for smash attacks, actual grenades, and the nikita.

Just give up already, you’ve lost.

grappling and command grabs for beast != punches and kicks. Changing how he moves and how he fights makes it pretty different, even if for the most part it's still punches and kicks

That doesn’t change anything of what I was complaining about. He still just throws out basic punches and kicks. Your solution is that he has an ability that has him punch more for one, and kick more for the other? Yeah, no. That sounds like the most boring character ever. How are you going to concert basic punches and kicks into an entire fucking moveset? You can only jab, hook and rounhouse kick in so many ways. You’d run out of moves to give him before you even got to his smash attacks, let alone his fucking SPECIALS, the moves that are REALLY meant to be big, flashy, and unique. The best thing he couls have is a literal copy and paste of what joker’s ALREADY is. The one fucking special he could have isn’t even unique to the character.

Not him and I don't even know anything about the character you're talking about but just look at Captain Falcon for an example of how punches and kicks can make up an entire moveset

Nigger those aren’t basic ass punches and kicks and you fucking know it. He has flaming hands and feet that send him flying across the stage. Falcon isn’t a regular human on a regular earth like yakuza man is.

>who is little mac

I'd like Doomguy, thanks.

Attached: smile.jpg (507x511, 46K)

Here is unironically the most likely fighter pass. A namco rep and a capcom rep.

Attached: BB4DD67C-161B-485D-B822-D95D84FABFFC.jpg (1987x1138, 608K)

>specific fighting and boxing tactics that require training, in addition to moves made up that only someone in a cartoony fantasy work could do
vs
>some schmuck who just punches and kicks people to take their money.

Little mac is literally captain falcon tier.

Attached: Fighters Pass.png (1980x1114, 3.02M)

Fine, I still get AA music

lift with your knees user, not your back

Attached: 1555012778114.gif (450x327, 912K)

>Fine
I see what you did there

Would be pretty based. Shadow and Geno would make my dream come true

What, it is? What normal human can punch so hard that it can send you across the stage with fire coming out of your hand, or start spinning while you punch to helecopter yourself up three stories? Hint: I’m not even talking about captain falcon.

Yakuza man can’t do that, he’s a regular ass human grounded in regular ass reality.

Every single fighter released so far has been a third party from ip's who've never been in smash until ultimate, just like reggie said
Go pick your delusion and go back

But reggie never said that? Besides, stop believing in patterns. They literally never pan out.

Lol no, Banjo is NEVER getting in. He's irrelevant.

Imagine a 8 man Alex battle royale

What? he couldn't do that in the original game? You're kidding? it's almost like hes a generic fighter with normal punches in his game. uh oh the argument is crumbling fast

Attached: 1552878010980.jpg (400x400, 38K)

Ok, HERE is your fighter pass, brochacha

Attached: fighter pass.png (1945x1087, 2.72M)

gravity rush is already repped in smash.

Doomguy with that fucking rabbit

>less deserving than Hat Goomba.
Please, no one is that pathetic to reach that status. Not even Waluigi or Steve.

And you should stop believing in an at coming out as a dlc fighter

Why the fuck people think a dark souls rep is possible?

Not even Geno?

user, he COULD do that in the original game. Just because he doesn’t move across the stage the way mac does in smash doesn’t mean he can’t do it. Stop putting words in my mouth you delusional redditor. Sakurai isn’t going to turn regular human man into some fire wielding backflipping falcon punching man.

For the same reason they think Doomguy or Master Chief is possible; they're fucking retarded and (probably) American

Popular series, Mii costume theory, and Bamco worked on both Smash and Souls if I'm right.

From soft is japanese, retard

Yeah can i get this in english please? Thanks in advance.

Attached: 7F1B4377-F4D9-4C2A-ACD4-0A2B7BE818E9.jpg (221x306, 63K)

Why do people think geno, shadow, reimu, porky, steve, lloyd, waluigi, bandana dee or shantae are possible?

He couldn't do his up b or side b in his original game.

I'm aware. I'm criticizing the attitude towards wanting grittier characters in Smash as being an American thing.

Not even that faggot.

Why the FUCK did a thread discussing what Banjo's tier list placing might be get deleted but this kind of roster thread gets to be posted constantly.

What's wrong with what he said?
Are iphone users this fucking retarded that you have to try to resort to le esl meme?

Seething stevoid janny

>it’s popular
>it’s on nintendo platforms
>it’s extremely well received
>it’s highly regarded and has impacted the industry quite strongly
>it even has a fucking amiibo

Attached: 4CCA9539-9E4C-4F1D-86BD-A1428EF38707.jpg (2000x703, 341K)

Sorry, but a bonfire and estus mechanic would be incredibily fucked up

So this is what it’s like to be schitzo...

What would be fucked up about it?

Not the same person, but whatever

Lmao can you just shut up you autistic fuck?
Stop embarrasing yourself
Recovering 50% damage and recharge flasks using a bonfire would be busted as fuck in a team fight

I imagined that a Chosen Undead moveset would take cues from Soul of Cinder but I guess that’s too many moves for a regular smash moveset, but then again, we do have Hero with over 10 diferrent spells

You're right, Shadow is an Assist Trophy so he can't even be an Echo.

>Why do people think characters I don't like are possible

Which one would Reimguy bros like to see the most? As in, if you could guarantee either Reimu or Doomguy make it in, but only by, guaranteeing the other doesn't, who do you go for?

>it even has a fucking amiibo
He's fucking in.

Attached: amiibo_LootGoblin_Diablo3_box.png (162x192, 64K)

I mean, it's pretty much the same reason you fags do not want other characters

Today, I shall remind them

Attached: 1560947588712.png (1080x731, 796K)

Bli$$ard actually wanted stay awhile and listen old dude to rep the series if they ever got a spot

Depends on whenever or not they can still get in after the DLC is over. If so them Reimu because Doomguy feels like the next logical step after Banjo, otherwise I would be happy with giving him the spot instead.

Remove Doomguy to add Doom Slayer

It depends, not everyone thinks the same. I'd personally pick Reimu.

I would like to see sakuya in reimu's place

Unironically more likely than Sans.

How the fuck do you even make mii costumes for dark souls? all characters look the same.

Isn't Dragon Quest Square? They've had a third party presence since Smash 4

IP means series not company

Oh you're right I misread, my bad

Reimu but I really love DOOM too so I would be extremely happy either way.

This is so fucking fake it hurts. It physically hurts

Hey if you retards are gonna continue posting fake leaks, at least put in a LITTLE effort to make them look believable, huh?

This guy is bullshitting. He's a literal shitposter

holy human shit this is stupid.

Pretty sure the costume theory theorize that the DLC characters will be the same companies as the missing mii costumes from 4. So Sega, SE, Bamco, and Capcom. So the costumes would be Heihachi and Lloyd. I personally don't fully subscribe to the theory, just saying it's one of the reasons Souls is gaining traction.

Attached: fac612be32e1de2df5413f26dc3d0610.jpg (720x303, 27K)

we'll get miles, apollo and maybe more as alts

Attached: Fighters Pass Template.png (1980x1641, 2.81M)

Attached: 1541758054907.png (750x676, 503K)

It would take a long ass time to recharge

What cues would you have him use from the Soul of Cinder? Genuinely curious

It’s like you ignored all the other shit I said, plus the shit other people said that I forgot to mention

zoomer pick

who the fuck is that starbucks barista?

Attached: 1522694599134.jpg (573x609, 151K)

Attached: smash fighter pack.png (1200x675, 968K)

>*Literally anything*
>”DOOMGUY FUCKING CONFIRMED HOLY SHIT”

Based as fuck

Attached: 97E2BFEA-5701-44E6-A8D8-F44CC86B86F4.jpg (2000x1164, 486K)

How the fuck are Kasumi and Doomguy zoomer picks?

These are high quality boomer picks.

But they never claimed Doomguy is confirmed.

Attached: message rated.png (289x289, 156K)

2 different timelines. I'd be more than happy with any part of these outcomes.

Attached: chalynga.png (1000x829, 1.38M)

If CU gets in I hope he has a soul of cinder alt costume, among others

Attached: 9DB51C9C-83FB-4F6D-8A5B-C37D513EE571.png (837x1245, 2.51M)

literally the only good tastes in the thread
Chosen undead is a meme pick and reimu are actual discord trannies. imgur.com/a/pWq7ttV

Fucking cringe. How is chosen undead a meme pick of all things? Almost nothing can be a meme pick to fucking modern day smash bros.

>Almost nothing can be a meme pick to fucking modern day smash bros.
And these are the people who want Cu in. He's not even well known compared to literally everyone on the list.

>popular and influential series
>owned by Bamco, who judging by the mii costume theory may get a 2nd rep in the game
>Sakurai has played it and commented on how much he enjoys the uniqueness of the series
>already has an amiibo
>new pseudo-sequel (Elden Ring) on the horizon, also published by Bamco
>tons of stuff when it comes to moveset, stages, music, and spirits
>composer has worked on Smash before so music likely wouldn't be an issue
it's not a lock obviously but it has a fair amount going for it

Attached: 63507524_p0.jpg (800x917, 252K)

Nigga what? Dark souls is fucking worldwide famous? Do you live under a rock?

The bottom one seems the most likely. I still find it fishy that the google theory and the 5chan leak had both Ryu and Doom Slayer. That can't be a simple coincidence. Did the google theory happen AFTER the 5chan leak?

Also they both make a whole lotta sense based on their history and legacy as well and that makes me think they're the final reps.

Attached: 1493192967082.jpg (270x400, 104K)

assuming 4 alt costumes with 1 reskin each is the max like with DQ Hero
>Elite knight set with white phantom alt
>Solaire set with yellow phantom alt
>Faraam set with blue phantom alt
>SoC/Firelink set with red phantom alt

Attached: awaken.gif (394x297, 1.26M)

Fucking perfect.

but who in the fucking world says "oh hell yeah it's the chosen undead!" literally erdrick is the niponese version of him anyway. you literally cant even think of a moveset.

>Sakurai has played it and commented on how much he enjoys the uniqueness of the series
This right here is why I think Chosen Undead and 2B are the most likely characters to be DLC. He how amazing these games are and how they are truly ground breaking, meaning he sees them as being almost as good, if not definitely as good as the best games that other third party characters already in smash have.

Attached: FEBF7583-D233-492F-9131-A146622C078A.gif (498x498, 591K)

I'd take doomguy

>Erdrick is the niponese version of him anyway

Attached: 1560848743129.jpg (363x470, 135K)

I'm glad my bait worked on you simpletons

Attached: HIPSTER DANCE.gif (340x400, 2.1M)

they won't be in like that, I can only see Shadow getting in a echo fighter pass. There exists Shadow Androids so the Assist Trophy stuff won't be an issue. King Boo would be awesome, but will never happen
>King Boo as Kirby echo?

I could see this but with artorias instead of faraam set. Though wouldn’t it be confusing if the main character has a phantom alt as well as there being a real phantom already on the field with CU?

Attached: B16E9279-CB26-4265-B92F-E02E0870DA47.jpg (1280x720, 754K)

WiiFit represents a whole line of Nintendo trying to branch out into more than bing bing wahoo games. Rosalina was just one game's version of peach. She is like adding Midna or Geno. One hit wonders. Waluigi is a better pick than Rosalina, the character no one picks.

I'll support King Boo and almost anything that isn't "anime sword man #573737".

I suspect at least one more total weeb trash character and something out of left field like Master Halo or SubZero. I honestly dgaf I got literally all my never evers and everyone can hope for whatever the fuck they want at this point.

FUCK

Attached: D6KLAiJX4AY3jtl.jpg (382x382, 33K)

>merely pretending!
That wasn’t even me anyways

Attached: BC3B331B-A206-4C24-BCB0-5F4A3023F6B6.jpg (835x1024, 132K)

Faraam would be so all three Souls games get an armor set to represent them
>Though wouldn’t it be confusing if the main character has a phantom alt as well as there being a real phantom already on the field with CU?
not sure what you mean

Attached: faraamknight.jpg (1680x1421, 416K)

Weapons, chaos blast and control. Roundhouse kick of death, shoes can hover etc.

Attached: AnAndroid.jpg (241x186, 10K)

>Shadow
HAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHA

Faraam is better I think because it represents Dark Souls II.

Why don't they just fucking do a full on Nintendo vs Capcom game already

if only

I thought we were going with the idea that his standard B would summon a phantom to work with him?

yeah yeah buddy, go do your wa;k of shame to the chopping block
in all honesty he wouldn't be awful, it's just that most characters picked has had their series affects Nintendo as a whole. dark souls has only been on one console so far, so it feels a little jarring that people would rather chose him over the multitude of other characters that could be in. like my wife Marina or phoenix wright

Attached: Marina Dance.gif (140x140, 47K)

FOOTBALL MANAGER WHEN!?

Wouldn’t the soul of cinder represent that already?

Another sword anime guey please

Attached: 1558110666080s.jpg (125x114, 2K)

>ATTENTION FAGGOTS

All DLC will be 3rd party. The last DLC character will be a huge surprise just like Joker from Persona came out of nowhere. It will never be a retarded character that makes no impact, aka waluigi.

Kazuma Kiryu is a good guess and even Doom Marine will be able to enter.

But it will never be Dixie Kong or Big Boo. It just wouldn’t make sense that the last character will be fizzled out.

Attached: 6F524BC3-E715-4B8C-96A9-224DACABE53D.jpg (500x222, 22K)

Whoops nvm I got my games mixed up. Sorry.

I mean, not everyone is autistic about the Souls lore but yeah. Still, Faraam set was used in all the DSII marketing and Firelink set was in III's. Feels like it'd be best to get both.

But the last character fizzles out every god damn time?

I didn't see the moveset posted but I also don't really care for hypothetical movesets especially when CU would have a lot to pick from anyway

Soul of Cinder would technically rep all three but individual armors work better to distinguish the trilogy

Attached: take_my_souls_by_oldplus-da5sodv.jpg (1000x705, 768K)

No? The last character was Bayonetta right? That shit was huge.

That makes sense. I’d still be willing to bet that we get a different set of armor for every palette. It’s definitely happened before.

Metal Sonic would be a better choice

>I have a plan
>this is a good one

Attached: dsUVTJaR_400x400.jpg (400x400, 23K)

last fighter is Waluigi

There's sadly probably a good chance that Pack 4 will be a fizzle, at least. It's not the finale and its reveal will very likely be past the biggest news season for gaming (summer). Nintendo doesn't need to worry about drumming up mass interest like they did for the VGAs or E3.

Fucking this

Attached: E3B50850-4666-4E11-9C86-EA7BD8E48B36.jpg (1800x1041, 261K)

>fanfics are okay when Nintendo fans do it

Yeah, why not?

Probably, though I'm not sure what the last 3 could be. Maybe loincloth for the last one like Shulk's swimming trunks.

>was excited for Joker because of the posibility Nintendo arranging a P5 Port with Atlus
>didnt happen so boycotting this whole ordeal like the giant baby that I am
>never played a DQ game so dont give a shit
>I had a n64 but I was also a very poor kid so I only used mine as a Pokemon Stadium & Paper Mario machine, so i have no interest in Banjo aswell
So far this DLC ordeal has been pretty disapointing. The only character I like is the Plant and that one was free.

I doubt the DLC will make me purchase ANY character at all, since I already gave up on the idea of buying the season pass and considering the way things are going, my special snowflakes wont make it in

Attached: worr.jpg (600x766, 90K)

>they don’t know

Attached: 6E124DF0-664F-41A8-AD54-4B901A0BC6CB.png (673x450, 113K)

Also it'll be a character who has yet to be a fighter in Smash as well, no 1st party.

Who I think have the best chance: Crash, Spyro, Doomguy

Who I think has a slim chance: Shantae, Quote, Rayman

Who I think won't get in but would be nice: Arthur, Earthworm Jim, Ryu Hayabusa

only if it's beef jerky mode

Attached: rodrigorizo-hollow.png (900x900, 648K)

Just out of curiosity, what do you think his moveset would look like? I love Katamari but I feel like he'd be better suited to being an AT because he's kind of simple.

Fuck off siluxfag

Wonder if they'd allow that. Also probably a few female alts too.

>mass-replying is okay when snoys do it

Are you following up into this theory?

>Kiryu
>Right after he was deconfirmed
great guess guys

The 4th grade dreamcast fag in me who loved SA2 would be the happiest if Shadow got in, but that's not going to happen since he's a trophy fighter

Attached: sega fans.png (808x907, 134K)

No, I just prefer Metal Sonic over Shadow, I think he's a better antagonist for Sonic.

Man it feels good to have my character finally announced. Now that I don't have a horse in this race, I can just sit back and enjoy the show.

Attached: dedede.png (248x142, 56K)

Congrats on victory, user

Thanks, and good luck to you, user!

this theory narrows down the characters but I dont it means anything, another one is the we get 3 RPG shitheads and 3 cereal mascots
-Joker
-Dairy Queen man
-insert another swordie here
>Plant
>Bear and Bird
>insert cereal mascot here
Which supports the idea of Lloyd and Crash being in cause they fit that perfectly

Attached: 1538260703385.jpg (982x1024, 53K)

Thanks! Unfortunately, I don't think my most wanted miko stands much of a chance but hopefully Doomguy does given the things Pete Hines said. But I'm pretty content with the pass so far anyways.

Rate em.

Attached: fighter pass.jpg (1980x2186, 2.11M)

The best thing about Alex is that he’s both hated and has a fuckton of personality and moveset potential.

>Deploying a giant panda
>Throwing records
>Throwing a cat
>Flamethrower
>Skateboard
>Crow in his mind
>Explosive boombox
>Hair whip
>Basedface meteor final smash

I want it so bad bros.

>Goemon
>Rayman

0.5/5

Attached: 0c5.png (228x217, 74K)

I don't even like Rayman, I just think its realistic.

no way fag

Just have phoenix replace rayman and itll be perfect

Okay, seriously, why do you people think Reimu has a chance? What the hell does Touhou have to do with Nintendo? At least Joker had PQ2 and SMT started on Famicom (a bit flimsy but still more sensible than Reimu) When did she even start being discussed, anyway? And just for the hell of it, why do you talk about her over all the other characters?

Attached: 3f2.jpg (341x354, 35K)

>ace attorney

Attached: garterbelt.jpg (1024x576, 74K)

Sorry Shadow but I gotta take that invite from you, Same with the ghost

Attached: 1555492910069.jpg (890x606, 77K)

I can definitely see another DLC character being a Tales of character.

She's in

Attached: 1507420227374.jpg (1280x720, 230K)

>Crash
>Rayman
>Realistic

Attached: big brain caesar.jpg (465x502, 57K)

Get out of my way Leon

Attached: chris-redfield.jpg (640x503, 41K)

Based on what?

Crono, Sparkster

No can do, fuckeroo. And I won't fuck your sister either.

Attached: 1559391319742.gif (480x268, 2.22M)

>Crash is owned by Activision and his games, old and upcoming, are on the Switch now
>Nintendo's relationship with Ubisoft is the best its ever been, and Rayman is their oldest mascot
>either of these
>unrealistic
Fuck your arbitrary rules. Banjo is in the game. Anything can and will happen.

>wanting shadow
>to pay for him even
>a fucking sonic recolor
so we have real life deviantart sonicfags on this
where's blackbustercritic when you need him to smite this piece of shit

Attached: BBC.jpg (720x530, 65K)

Hold on, I can hear whining. Sounds like your girlfriend Ashley is calling for you. You better get on that while I smash my way into Smash

Attached: bitch-boulder.jpg (1280x720, 97K)

>realistic edition

What a smart idea, closing off the entrance into Smash so you and your sister can't get in

Attached: 1529970141288.jpg (600x400, 38K)

I don't think she really has a chance but she's been in these threads for months. I think Touhou would represent the spirit of indie best and Nintendo has officially gone to Reitaisai before so they've at least acknowledged it.

>Sonic the Hedgehog already represented
>Super Mario Bros. already represented
When will you people get it through your heads, the characters in the Fighter’s Pass will be from series brand new to Smash Bros.

Show me your mental gymnastics that explain how Crash and Rayman are unrealistic.

The retardation in these threads never fails to amaze me

only good one in this thread

Ok.
>another western rep
And
>rayman already deconfirmed
That wasn’t hard

Bro Rayman already got trophied.

Jill and I are the only ones who deserve save the world of Smash, just like we have saved this world multiple times. What have you done? Rescued a tramp and escaped from a city?

Attached: chris_and_jill.png (1600x1210, 792K)

I can at least speak for Rayman, who's already a Spirit.
>"b-but Spirits don't outright deconfirm characters! Some are alternate forms of playable characters!"
Yeah, and others are either secondary characters or main characters from smaller franchises. Rayman's out, but I'd say Crash still has a chance. A very slim chance, to be sure, but a chance nonetheless.

You're right. Majima instead.

Attached: tenor (6).gif (480x270, 767K)

>REshit
Literally no moveset. Moving on.

Fuck off, autist.

Attached: 1553245288577.png (607x408, 397K)

They can just use a shit load of guns and it'll be unique

Tetris joins the battle

The last hero needs to be a big release to cap off the roster

Waluigi or bust

>Otis shitters still shilling their fake leak

Attached: otis.png (500x480, 449K)

>Literally no moveset.
youtu.be/_985v9_1inw
Uh huh.

Attached: 1542239760290.jpg (745x655, 103K)

hi guys

Attached: doomguy.jpg (403x427, 56K)

Your shitty Nintendo history fanrule have been busted, cope
Just because Banjo got in doesn't means we're back in 2015

isn't Alex all but confirmed at this point?

Attached: 1560459251256.jpg (1086x815, 218K)

Sakurai didn't choose the fighters

The fact that someone was autistic enough to fake this is actually even more cringy than the actual discord would be if it existed

You first
Simply giving them a bunch of guns (which all do the same thing) isn’t going to magically make them unique

waluigi sucks shit

>all these doombros

Attached: 1536547413662.jpg (321x490, 39K)

>pete hines is on the latest ep of the nintendo power podcast

Attached: docMEGATHINK.jpg (513x474, 32K)

In other news the Frisk/Waluigi leak was (surprising fucking no one) fake.

The kid and purple assist trophy are slain.

Attached: D9c-Hq7WkAU1G6w.jpg (1200x1110, 99K)

Karate chop
Proximity mines
Throwing knife

Attached: 496113c5f75f8341054f34464cb8d2a6.jpg (480x600, 42K)

Well it will because no other characters do that

Just because no other character has a bunch of guns that do the exact same thing as their moveset doesn’t automatically make them unique, because all of those guns do exactly the same thing. They aren’t even known to be shooters, so why give them an arsenal of guns they don’t use?

otis needs a choke

Attached: Fighter_Pass_4_5.jpg (1980x1114, 1.08M)

>Just because no other character has a bunch of guns that do the exact same thing as their moveset doesn’t automatically make them unique
Yes it does
>all those guns do exactly the same thing
No they don't

Why are discordfags even shilling this meme I don't understand. Like, why Otis specifically?

>sylux
I'm a massive metroid fan but even i know that thinking Sylux would ever get in is deluded.

it's his turn on the Smash Brother

Sorry lads I haven't played a console since the 360/PS3 generation, do you have to pay for the newcomers in smash now?

>Marina or Phoenix
Patrician taste

Duke Nukem
Bubsy
Pepsiman
Parrapa the Rappa
Alucard
Sub Zero
The Green Ranger
Katamari Prince
Aeris
Altered Beast
Tails
Contra Bill
Frogger
1up Mushroom
M Bison
Bob Hoskins Mario
Spyro
Bart Simpson
Earthworm Jim
Wolverine
Lara Croft
Dash Rendar
Kefka
Goemon
Dr. Wily
Alex Kidd
Donatello

Attached: 1560685798666.png (1980x1110, 2.16M)

Only for the DLC ones : Piranha Plant (was free for those who bought at launch or whatever), Joker, DQ Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, and whoever these last two will be. You can also just get them all with the fighters pass.

only for these 5, Smash 4 had about 8 newcomers IIRC though some were returning characters that didnt get in initially

>Hat kid

Get outta here Mechatheslag

I know it's literally impossible but I'd love it if he or any EO rep for that matter got in

Attached: eo4-nightseeker-male1.jpg (1000x1000, 131K)

Enjoy your samus clone

i honest to GOD have no idea either. such a out of left field character. perhaps because an user posted it as a reaction pic to some reimu in smash post and other anons went with it.

That actually is exactly what happened.

If they added any EO class it would be landshark

figured that. because of how otis reactions can look ironic and perfect for shitposting sometimes

>Plays practically identically to Sonic in his debut game
>Ken and Dark Samus are echoes
>No third party franchise has two unique fighters
Face it, he'd be an echo fighter

I'm not a Reimuposter but: Touhou is like THE og indie game series, and Smash doesn't have a shmup character yet. Touhou memes are well-known enough that even normies are aware of them (even if they don't know where they originate).

I don't think it's enough to warrant her being in Smash, but Reimu honestly wouldn't be as dull as a lot of the other characters people keep suggesting, like Crash.

it's all moot since it's super-obvious the last two are Doomguy and a Namco rep anyway, either from Dark Souls or Tales

I can't believe people fell for that one. Everyone and their mom guessed Erdrick and Banjo would be revealed at E3 - everyone who wasn't either retarded or a shitposter anyway. How would guessing those two right legitimize the rest of the "leak"?

*ahem*
They’re in

Attached: FF9F2D67-2689-4B59-9159-2C00C383A26F.jpg (1719x962, 377K)

Not that guy, but the logic behind Sylux is that Nintendo already confirmed he'd be really important in Prime 4, and he had no spirit in Ultimate. So people guessed he was added to the DLC roster to shill Prime 4, similar to how Corrin was added to shill Fates.

If that ends up being true it'd be hilarious considering Prime 4 got delayed so hard.

>Amaterasu
if only

They're coming. Get ready.

Attached: fighter pass.png (1980x1100, 2.1M)

>King Boo
>biggest victim of Sakurai faggotry
I want that big bastard as much as the next patrician user, but this isn't really true.

Attached: 16191569125.png (256x256, 49K)

It's Doom Slayer and Ryu.

I love Isaac!

>Doomguy
stop this meme, just because we all agree that Doomguy is a GOAT choice doesn't mean it's remotely likely

Fake leaks copy each other all the time.

I don't know mang, Namco co-developed the game, and Ninja Gaiden hasn't been relevant in eons - and not "irrelevant" like Banjo was irrelevant, where it was a beloved series that got shafted and benched but had a religiously dedicated Nintendo-centric fanbase, but "irrelevant" in the sense of over a solid decade of absolute ass-tier games that have ruined the series' credibility.

I feel like it's less a question of "does namco have a rep" as much as it is "which namco character is it"

That doesn't exactly answer my question. That was google of all things. And here's the thing. Hero is the name of the DQ character. Not Erdrick. Artorias is literal DLC for Dark Souls remastered so perhaps that's why he popped up.

Banjo was in there as well.

I dunno. Maybe I'm looking too into it. Maybe it's coincidence.

>If I make enough fake leaks about my character it will work
No

assuming the "series that have never been in Smash" part included mii costumes, music, and other misc stuff then it would have to be something from Soul Calibur or Dark Souls, since Tales, Tekken, and a bunch of other Namco IPs appeared in some capacity in both 4 and Ultimate

Nigga she’s only been in teo old ass games. She doesn’t even compare to King Boo, who has been in literally almost every single mario game wver made.

wasn't it was already dismissed because somebody could get cheap adspace with overly restricted keywords and pretty much one random discord dude "discovered" it

Remember, if they have a spirit in game, there's no way they're getting in

Sorry, Genofriends

The 5chan leak is the reason why Doomguy and Ryu were linked to the concept of DLC by the algorithm. Which is why the ads were displaying.

Three games now. But that wasn't really the point I was trying to make.
>not a single sticker in Brawl
>franchise barely even gets anything outside of Sakurai's influence
>got entirely cucked out of spirits
At least Bandana Dee, as pathetic as it is, got into the game as a spirit. Adeleine would make tons of sense as a character, but Sakurai seems to roadblock every chance she gets to even appear in the game.

Attached: 1516438956613.jpg (250x183, 6K)

Just give me the miko and I'm set

Attached: reimu alts4.png (1972x1213, 115K)

25 burger bucks just seems a bit steep for 5 characters, aren't the rosters pretty big now as is? How do they justify charging nearly half of full MSRP for such a small fraction of the fighters who are available in the base game?

>25 burger bucks just seems a bit steep for 5 characters
you're also paying for new stages and new music

>No Flandre swap

Ah okay that's more reasonable then

>This is why the roster will never be good
>he says this while wanting yet another fucking mario side character nobody cares about
you're as bad as waluigi and geno fags idiot

Secondaries get out

>complains about zoomers
>shills the "literally who" meme
user...

Secondaries literally hate Flandre and the whole EoSD cast because "muh overshadowed waifus". Try again

Holy shit Syrup and Crash would actually be fantastic

I prefer this one

Attached: 1540166752213.png (1975x1279, 165K)

>secondaries hate Cirno

Attached: 1537647605684.png (252x329, 167K)

>I'm a secondary because I don't give a shit about one of the most irrelevant characters in the entire series
Sure thing buddy

Couldn't you pick less shitty color tones?

Why in the hell would you take a Nintendo's bottom of the barrel remaining nobody over a global somebody?

>Couldn't you pick less shitty color tones?
The other image is way too saturated for my taste.

All the 3rd parties that matter are already in except Doom but I agree that there isn’t really any good options left for first party characters

Rosterfags aren't people. Go make a "King Boo thread" outside of rosterfag season without it devolving into princess Booete, good luck lmao

>All the 3rd parties that matter are already in
That's not remotely true. But we do have some very good choices.

>mfw nu-Kratos makes it in to Smash

Attached: DZthmpWX4AYYYVa.jpg (980x912, 136K)

Because... it's Smash Bros.? The game is about Nintendo, what the fuck are you smoking

Yes, that too. Basically any character that is "muh overrated". Because people that hate those characters hate them because of things that are irrelevant to the character itself. How is that a primary thing to do?

>Not giving a shit about a character is hating it

What franchise that’s made a major impact on Nintendo/gaming in general isn’t represented in smash?

I fucking hate firstpartyfags. They're so fucking annoying. You fucks already got 50+ characters in Smash. You already have enough. Stop being fucking greedy.

Smash is about videogames at large, both Sakurai and Reggie said so

Literal brainlet

Attached: IMG_0319.png (250x250, 80K)

why do rulefags exist?

This. There are some characters that I want like Porky, Ninten and Skull Kid but 3rd party are overall way more hype.

Knowing Nintendo it'll probably be some obscure Japanese character from some obscure Japanese MMO or it will be a Goomba. Either or we already know that Steve from Minecraft is confirmed.

You are incredibly retarded
it's like playing Pokemon but there's a guest digimon or something and suddenly people start whining about Pokemon fans being greedy for only wanting more Pokemon in the game
What the fuck

Only retarded secondaries would hate EoSD because they give a damn about fan content. If you actually play the games you will have no reason to care at all since all of them save for maybe Cirno are barely used. Wanna shit on a character for overstaying their welcome? Go for Sumireko.

The only reason why most of the Smash cast is Nintendo is because of copyright

They desperately want to try and understand Sakurais decision making on top of their imaginary rules being against characters they dont like

Fucking this. Retards calling people secondaries for liking the EoSD cast are literally outing themselves as actual secondaries. Pretty ironic lmao

No, the reason is because Smash Bros is a NINTENDO game made for Nintendo fans

You thirdpartyfags are a pox on the series and obnoxiously closed-minded. Why wouldn't we want more Nintendo characters in what is supposed to be a NINTENDO game?

Attached: 1445959525461.png (228x223, 77K)

Actually it’s because the game is made by Nintendo but good guess user

Attached: C8D4A0A9-BEC5-48BF-8E96-372C6F60BD6D.gif (272x272, 1.79M)

Not what Reggie and Sakurai said. But sure, I'm gonna trust user over them, seems like a good move.

Attached: reliable.png (527x286, 121K)

That's literally what I fucking said retard. The game is made by Nintendo so it's easier for them to use characters they already own.

What the fuck are you on about retard

Anything I list off is going to get a "Psssh, no it isn't" from you. But here goes:
Bomberman
Mortal Kombat
A million different RPG's but let's say Chrono Trigger
Ghosts and Goblins
Resident Evil
Tetris
007: Goldeneye
And that's just for starters.

To play devil's advocate for a moment, it does make sense sometimes. When people suggest characters that have never been on Nintendo consoles for example, I think it's alright to point out that it hasn't happened yet. Yes even characters like Cloud and Joker were on Nintendo consoles before Smash, so suggesting 2B (who I actually want in the game) seems unlikely just due to the data we have available. Personally I'm malleable about the "rules". If the next character breaks them, then cool, I'll adjust how I think about the DLC. But wanting some characters just doesn't make sense

Attached: 2Bsad.png (800x870, 360K)

-ro.

Attached: 797F7FF6-9F44-4E8A-BC56-80501C979393.png (1024x576, 708K)

this is going to happen. You can trust me on this.

Attached: 1560956149399.png (1980x1112, 2.98M)

Rulefags exist because people need something to discredit the idea of characters they don't like, and that just happens to be arbitrary fan rules.

Sakurai said when Cloud got in that a character having a game on a Nintendo platform was just courtesy
Reggie said when Joker got in that Smash was a crossover of videogame at large, not limited to the Nintendo niche.

Replace king boo with doom guy and we’re good

I was genuinely curious as to what some answers would be no need to be an ass but I actually agree with that list

no

Replace King Boo with anything really. What a garbage selection.

Before E3 there was no bear that ever got in yet Banjo got in. Patterns aren't rules.

Pic related is without a doubt the character with the most going for him. His situation is too weird for him not to be in; there’s no reason to exclude not only him but also Giygas and other key Mother characters from the game entirely unless he’s in and the other characters are DLC spirits. The only thing going against him is a Reggie quote which can be interpreted two different ways. I predict he’s in and he’ll be the final addition. As for the other character, it will likely be either a Capcom rep or a Namco rep. One company gets a fighter with a stage and costumes, while the other only gets a new stage and costumes to fill the final spot on
the stage select screen.

Attached: 983F3E99-0AD5-46A9-8EC2-788C90B91041.png (1004x796, 602K)

>dave mustaines shadow fighter is just kirk hammet

I'm sorry user, I'm just used to very cynical people asking that kind of question. Thank you though.

I really dont mind people asking for shit like Waluigi, Ashley, Skull kid, Bandanna dee, Isaac etc
I just don't understand the people wanting shit like Metal or Paper Mario and Dry Bowser that pop up every now and then
Basically another version of the character already in the game

Attached: r58h.png (1980x1088, 2.5M)

Who is Reimu? How is she vidya?

I mean, but Banjo was on Nintendo consoles, and was highly requested for years. That's absolutely not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about characters like Tracer, who don't fall into either category. Or a character like the Hollow Knight guy, when the game came out on Switch in 2018

It's obvious that they were only referring to their reasoning for guest characters, which is obviously different than the main cast which is Nintendo characters because it's a Nintendo game.
It's not like Wii Fit Trainer or Rosalina or Little Mac are only in the game because it would be too difficult to negotiate a more popular non-Nintendo choice. They're in because Smash is chiefly a Nintendo crossover.

Based and sneedpilled, formerly chuckpilled.

Go ahead and add Doom/Wolfenstein and Ninja Gaiden to that list while your at it. Hell maybe even the Souls series

She came from videogame

She isn't, she's just from hentai.

Go fuck yourself.

user you completely misunderstood my post. There was no bear character in Smash. Banjo is a bear and he got in. Patterns are trash.
The end.

Luigi's Mansion is a good game, but King Boo is not a good character.

Attached: 1542523769623.jpg (250x246, 6K)

bait

>moving goalposts
ok

Paper Mario would only be cool if his moveset is based on the first two games which is why people don’t really want him as much as they did in the brawl days. All the other PM games are dogshit with the exception of Super. But despite all that shit it’s not like he’d be a mario clone. Shit like Sheik and ZSS are already in the game anyway

>moving goalposts from patternfagging to patternfagging
Actual retard

basically a MUGEN anime tier character pick but from an actual game

She's from Touhou Project which is a 20 year old indie shmup series. It paved the way for future indies and doujin in Japan and its legacy includes shit like Undertale (as Toby Fox himself as stated he was inspired by it). It's still going strong today and has 2 conventions dedicated to it every year in Japan. Nintendo has even gone there once officially to host a music competition on that taiko drum game.

So, this seems to (roughly) be the top 10 people we're looking at as a possible Smash rep in my opinion. I kinda cheated by grouping Capcom and Namco, and I haven't included characters that are spirits, as well as characters that have been deconfirmed by their creators. I'll mention a few of those at the end however.

>Capcom rep
Ryu was Capcom's only new character in Smash, and he was an echo. Capcom may get a DLC slot, and if so it's very possible that a Resident Evil rep or maybe Phoenix Wright will join. Dante's also got a chance, though I think they'd push RE over Dante.
>Namco rep
People have speculated something like a Tales rep for a long time like Lloyd or Yuri. I dunno what else would work, characters like KOS-MOS have a lot of doubt
>Sora
Popular in fan polls, though the DQ hero really hurt his chances
>Steve
Banjo likely killed his chances, though his game is quite popular and Minecraft content has been rumored for Smash so who knows
>Doomguy
Been in a lot of leaks, plus Bethesda has at least discussed Smash with Nintendo
>Undertale character
Popular here and in Japan, plus Undertale/Deltarune seems to be pushed hard by Nintendo
>Touhou
If there's an indie rep that could get in I think it's either Touhou or Undertale, though frankly I think Undertale is more likely
>Crash
Also popular here and in Japan, plus has a few recent Switch games
>Ryu Hyabusa
Been in a few leaks, he's also been around since the NES days
>Cave Story
I suppose it's possible, though less likely than both Undertale and Touhou in my estimation

There's probably a few I'm missing but those are most of the heavy hitters as far as I can see. Now, some characters who iirc have been deconfirmed/are in as spirits:
>2B
Yoko Taso pretty much directly stated that Nier wouldn't be in Smash
>Travis Touchdown
Suda said the same about Travis
>Kiryu
Sega said that Yakuza won't be coming to Smash
>Rayman
Spirit
>Geno
Spirited away

Tell me if there's anyone that should be added/removed

Attached: 1543467257158.jpg (262x192, 9K)

Yes he is.

The only Real Fighters that matter. And they're in boys.

Attached: Real (I swear).png (1980x956, 1.78M)

How would Undertale be more likely than Touhou when it's literally part of Touhou's legacy?

>What should we make the antagonist of this series?
>Just put a crown on something, I don't give a fuck

Attached: 1535579602907.gif (360x360, 1.97M)

Nintendo seems to be pushing it more worldwide. It's just my opinion, however

>Yes even characters like Cloud and Joker were on Nintendo consoles before Smash
Did those appearances have anything to do with the decision to include them, though?
It appears to me that the list of reasons they got in look something like
>is a popular character
>represents a major franchise
>Nintendo thinks they will drive DLC sales
>the other company thinks they'll benefit from the deal in terms of sales/exposure
It would be strange to me if moreso than those factors, the deciding factor was
>they appeared in a spinoff on the 3DS
Why do you think otherwise?

I don't want them but you might as well add Dragonborn since ES:V was very successful in Japan and Todd might try and shill it even though Doomguy is more deserving and overall better choice imo. Otherwise your list is still good.

>a dark recolor of a protagonist and a goomba with a hat
Awful.

Hi

Attached: 1543849454209.png (1200x1200, 1.43M)

Nintendo haven't been pushing Persona or Banjo-Kazooie that doesn't means shit

>Did those appearances have anything to do with the decision to include them, though?
I mean, with Joker at least I'd argue yes. His game (PQ2) released just weeks before his reveal after all. With Cloud though I do admit that theaterythym/KH was probably more of an excuse to add Cloud in

>Unique design not shared by any mook
>name isn't just "King Mook"

Well yeah that's why I added Touhou on the list as well

>four high-profile third party characters
>and then a villain from a dead franchise who doesn't even have a significant fanbase
You Porkyfags have something wrong in the head

Attached: 1456174031306.jpg (513x373, 81K)

K. Rool is a Klump with a crown, cape and swollen eye
Fuck your double standards, if that's enough for him to be a unique design then King Boo's dark sunken eye shadow, crown, purple tongue and eyes are enough too

being named Koopa has never stopped Bowser from being popular
it's not even King Koopa, it's just Koopa
for the record I like both K. Rool and Bowser but they're a good demonstration of why your logic is retarded

Attached: 1554591074967.jpg (640x360, 43K)

Cool, I'll probably replace Quote with him next time. And thank you

I still don't get how people are drawing that kind of patterns from literally one instance that was specified by leakers to be specific because the series needed promotion (Dragon Quest).
As far as I'm concerned Frisk has about as many chances of getting in over Reimu as Cuphead or the Hollow Knight dude.

>dead franchise who doesn't even have a significant fanbase
I don't think Porky (or any 1st party for that matter) is part of the pass but user you have to remember that Banjo exists

I'm just talking about the fact that Deltarune was announced first in a Nintendo direct, and the fact that Nintendo reached out to Toby to get the game ported to their systems. And as far as Cuphead and Hollow Knight go, Undertale/Deltarune just makes more sense to me because that was right around the time when the DLc was being finalized, based on Sakurai's comments about Rex and Pyra

>Nintendo reached out to Toby to get Undertale ported to their systems
is what I meant, sorry

>How is she vidya?
By being from a shmup franchise.

Here's the thing, you're thinking too much in relation to Nintendo. When Nintendo picked the characters they obviously contacted each copyright owner - they contacted them SPECIFICALLY for Smash. There's absolutely no way of knowing who they made Smash-related partnerships with.

When did I say that I hated her? I'm not including her palette because she's a completely irrelevant and unimportant character. I don't give a shit if the fandom sucks her clit.

Attached: cirno get out.jpg (400x400, 22K)

No problem. Yeah, Quote wouldn't get in over Touhou or Undertale now. The series doesn't really have much of a future as far as I know anyways. Dovahbitch is definitely more likely given what little info we know about Bethesda and Smash.

>His game (PQ2) released just weeks before his reveal after all.
Wouldn't it make more sense to release it AFTER the reveal if advertisement was a factor? They could have easily done something like in the E3 Direct where the Dragon Quest hero and Dragon Quest 11 got back to back trailers. Yet, I don't recall Nintendo doing much advertisement of Q2 at all, and Joker is specifically billed as being a "Persona 5" character rather than just a "Persona" one.
>theaterythym/KH was probably more of an excuse to add Cloud in
Or maybe it was completely irrelevant?

Wait... when that one was deconfirmed?

True, that's why that list is just some character that i believe have a shot based on popularity or circumstantial evidence. I do see what you mean, but this is just compile a list of who we might see

After doing that Smash x 2hu AoCF thing a few days ago, I decided to give DOOM Eternal a shot too. Here's hoping they make it in.

Attached: Smash x DOOM Eternal.png (1200x550, 748K)

>Wouldn't it make more sense to release it AFTER the reveal if advertisement was a factor?
I dunno, that's a big question and I'm not into marketing
>Or maybe it was completely irrelevant?
I mean it could have been, but it happened. So it's hard to say either way I suppose

>Capcom
Amaterasu?

Who are you? How are you not retarded?

Don't forget

Dark Souls (for a series that's only 9 years old and was originally intended as a niche game, Dark Souls has had a huge effect on the industry and the culture in general)
Devil May Cry (literally founded a new subgenre of action games, you know, tje same genre that Bayonetta is a part of and if she can make it then surely someone with triple the popularity could)
Minecraft (you know why)
Fortnite (god fucking forbid but hey it could happen)
Crash
Spyro
Ace Attorney (represents VNs as a whole and already has tons of moveset exploration from MvC3)
Sora (I don't think he has a chance but he's much bigger than 80% of the Smash roster as it is)

>Banjo exists
And has been one of the most highly requested characters since forever
Porky has had very little support in the past, and the small surge he's gotten is entirely from the theories around him missing a Spirit, which is too late for increased support for him to matter.

>You: muh secondaries
>Me: secondaries hate Flandre
>You: just because I don't care about Flandre doesn't means I'm a secondary

Bowser got a unique name when the west realized "King Koopa" is a boring fucking name. Bowser ALSO has a completely unique design. Imagine if Bowser was as lazy as King Boo

Attached: King Koopa.png (400x637, 156K)

>Last December, ZUN had officially given Nintendo a license, allowing Band Brothers players to upload music based on all Team Shanghai Alice albums, i.e. the PC-98 Touhou OST, and ZUN's music collections. They followed it up with a Shanghai Alice Remix Contest for players, with ZUN as a special judge. The winners were announced in the previous broadcast ZUN attended; their compositions will be collected in a CD sold at Reitaisai, marking Nintendo's first ever appearance at Reitaisai.

shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=19472.30

>Z" Wowwow Well ... in the future ... Well ... I wish I could make a good talk with Nintendo-san, it was today's broadcast that makes me feel such a dream. "
>Z" I want to make friends with Nintendo, not only Sony is making friends "
>Z" Because Toho is not so much something, there is a healthy Toho world "

theylivewesleep.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-50.html?sp
If there was a list of more than 5 characters and indies were considered, chances are there was a spot for her
And Sakurai does love shooters

Porkybros have existed for years though

He's in

Attached: 1560561393311.png (264x258, 56K)

Amaterasu would be cool, and heck I think she fits the style of Smash well. I just wonder if Capcom would push that over some of the IPs they do more with. I'll add her in next time, an Okami stage would be fucking awesome

Looks nice, just like the other image.

Based

Attached: doomguy-reimu.png (1332x860, 288K)

>At least Joker had PQ2
AoCF has a Switch port in the works.

Only a secondary would ask to include the palette of one of the less important characters in the entire series, ask for Remilia and maybe we'll talk

>Dark Souls
really, faggot?
>Devil May Cry
Bayonetta belongs to Nintendo, same creator and more similar gameplay means fuck all
>Spyro
Literally what at the moment and don't even put a joke that "but so it Banjo???"
Man, at leats think this trough before posting.

Flandre might not be that important in canon, but she *is* the most iconic character, and one of those with the most original design too. Not to mention extra bosses aren't represented in your selection.

You have no case to make. You're just biased. If Bowser and King K. Rool are good enough, then King Boo is too, simple as.

Even then, it's not like they could make any more changes to his design without taking away what makes a Boo a Boo. They're just spheres with faces and tiny stubby arms and a tail. He doesn't have features like a shell or limb joints where you can add accessories and evolutions, he doesn't have a back to wear a cape, he doesn't have fingers to put claws on, you get the point. What did you want them to do, make him a cube? Give him legs? There's no room to add anything more to his design.

Glad you guys like it.

Unironically based

Namco is pretty weird, they just seem to not care about another rep
Tekken and SolCal might be out if Sakurai keeps to his words about transitioning a 3d based fighter to 2d not working, Xenosaga and Kos Mos might be out cause Xenoblade is already in the game, Tales of could happen but my guess is Velvet cause shes the most recent protagonist if we go by Joker and Luminary but I just cant see her getting in maybe Yuri to throw another bone for the nips since hes popular, Klonoa has a small slim chance like Tales of cause he was there secondary mascot and still gets referenced in games today although the ip is fucking dead maybe Namco might want to have their own mini Banjo moment, Dark Souls just feels like a major pipe dream I dont really expect it at all but it could work and I think its more of a FromSoft rep than Namco

Attached: 10333243532.jpg (350x275, 32K)

I've made my case, and you have no counter.
>Bowser has a completely unique design
>B-but the name!
...was changed in the west because it's a bad name

>King K. Rool is a completely unique character
>B-but other characters are vaguely fat!
His entire design, gold belly, bug eye, and look beyond "fat" are completely different from Klump.

You have nothing to suggest King Boo is a good character beyond blind fanboyism because Luigi's Mansion was your first game or something. The only biased one here is you.

>purple hair
Superb taste.

Attached: 1544196706963.jpg (1500x2017, 940K)

>but she *is* the most iconic character
lmao

>Not to mention extra bosses aren't represented in your selection
That's because there are no extra bosses relevant to Reimu except Yukari and she's not even a real extra boss

The problem with boos IS they have fucking nothing you can do with them. The antagonist of Luigi's mansion should have been a unique ghost. You just fucking admitted he's a floating sphere.

Dark Souls is one of the most, if not the most, influential games of the 2010s. Between that, the Switch port, and the huge potential for a Chosen Undead moveset (unlimited weapon choices, switching weapons being part of his mechanics, miracles, spells, could even have a unique roll as a special move with absurd iframes) it's not only likely, it would lend itself to a well designed character. You must not understand the industry at all, or even Smash, if you don't see the prospects. From Software has been expanding in influence like crazy over the decade and a Smash inclusion wouldn't even be surprising.

Bayonetta doesn't belong to Nintendo btw, she belongs to SEGA and Platinum. You're an idiot. Exclusivity =/= Ownership. Besides, there's already an established relationship between Capcom and Nintendo, and Dante has triple the influence Bayonetta has. Without Dante, there is no Bayonetta. The only thing hurting Dante's chances are how much more likely a Resident Evil or Monster Hunter rep are.

Spyro is less likely than Crash but they're both worth mentioning for the same reasons. Go ahead and point out the hyper-successful Banjo Remaster Collection, oh wait, it doesn't exist. Crash and Spyro both are rising in value year-after-year.

In short, you're an idiot and I bet you were born in the late 90s like the rest of the stupid zoomers on Yea Forums who can't read the industry.

Attached: 1558140286164.jpg (676x676, 24K)

You are wrong.
King Boo has a unique design. Nothing you have said disproves that, and nothing will because it's simply a fact.
And you are still a biased person who applies double standards if you believe that the other two kings are okay but King Boo is not.

Attached: 1550095537229.jpg (1024x758, 69K)

>kiryu deconfirmed
lol when

I want Doomguy bros but what are his chances realistically

powerup-gaming.com/2019/04/06/yakuza-series-creator-toshihiro-nagoshi-doesnt-think-sakurai-would-want-yakuza-characters-in-smash-bros/
nintendoeverything.com/yakuza-series-producer-says-switch-ports-havent-been-considered-for-now-characters-unlikely-for-smash-bros/

These are the two main reasons I've seen Kiryu being considered deconfirmed. Could still happen, but I find it unlikely

Never ever is conceptually a day, I guess.

Attached: 459853650.png (600x580, 572K)

If the so called “talks with Nintendo” that Bethesda mentioned a year ago isn’t bullshit then I’d say his chances are really good. If that talk was nothing more than just talk then it doesn’t mean anything but I find that less likely

50% it can happen but also not, like basically dont get your hopes up

MK doesn't have a following in Japan outside of a small dedicated group of westaboos since the series is banned in Japan outside of import stores
Spyro doesn't carry the same nostalgic weight as Crash in Japan because they fucked up the speed and camera when bringing the games over

Attached: Mvc00105.jpg (640x480, 193K)

Pete Hines said they've talked with Nintendo about Smash Bros. and he recently said on a podcast there was maybe some unexpected surprises for Nintendo fans coming up. Other than that, Sakurai's mentioned John Carmack as the father of FPS with DOOM when bringing up influential developers (I think he was the only western one brought up too). I think he's got a good shot, despite his little popularity in Japan.

Well, Bethesda did talk to Nintendo about Smash, though we don't know to what capacity. I think he does have a shot, the only other Bethesda reps they might try and push are the Dragonborn and maybe Vault Boy I guess

Wouldn't that be breaking an NDA? Or does that not matter to todd the man?

He's not even the first or only "big boo." All he has over other boos is a crown and someone used fill tool on his eyes. He has no personality. No defining traits, no long running history. He's blip in Mario's history. Explain why you are a fan of him. Because the only argument you've given is whataboutisms.

Attached: 1554262142452.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

What we do know
>Hines said Nintendo and Bethesda talked about Smash
>Sakurai said Nintendo chose the DLC with him calling the final shots if he could make them work as a fighter
>Nintendo wants Smash to go after newer audiences
>Hines said on the Nintendo Power podcast that they’re very satisfied with the switch and have more fun surprises for Nintendo fans coming
>Mick Gordon, around January (same time Kirkhope was contacted to do Banjo music for Smash), needed a ”metal choir” for a ”video game” although everyone knows he’s on Eternal, so the secrecy is weird (however a vlog from one of the singers seems to indicate that it was for Eternal)

What we don't know
>Was Hine's conversation with Nintendo serious or small talk
>When Nintendo made the list, did they approach the companies first or did they make it first, got Sakurai's approval, and then see if the companies were on board (judging by Atlus' comments about how Joker got in, it seems to side more in favor with negotiations being done last)
>Was it even a list handed to Sakurai? Or was it just literally 5 characters given to him

No way to know unfortunately.

All they said was that they talked with Nintendo, and they did discuss Smash

meant to reply to

Honestly, Doomguy getting in would break patternfaggotry harder than Banjo since at least Banjo has a cult following in Japan among Nintendo fans
Doomguy is NEVER considered among Nip Smash discussion even during rumor season despite the debunked 5ch crap

Attached: D9FxODUU0AAYr4A.jpg (675x1200, 196K)

!

Attached: yawn.gif (500x281, 2.68M)

>muh influence, muh port
How can you be so fucking retarded is beyond me on this one, really.
Do you really not understand that Bayonetta is the discount Dante in their eyes?
Crush was the reason to buy PS and Spyro was "hey you like Crash? check out this purple dragon thing, just don't use the camera!", the fact that you don't know that just shows who is the real zoomer here.
>Banjo Remaster Collection
Hey bro, did you know about Microsoft-Nintendo one way street? Oh, you didn't? You thought Banjo was added just cause some fuckheads were asking for it?
>who can't read the industry
How about you'd choose something other than economic manager for a profession, my little zoomie?

>Otis avatarfagging is cancer
>Respond with their own avatarfagging

>Crush
I'd like to believe that's Crash's slightly slow stunt double

What can I say, me no englando

So if DOOM got in, what would be the equivalent weeb choice to even out the West/East choices?

Sabi (the guy Nintendo directly told to shut the fuck up during E3) hinted at a Rare Replay Switch port

It really would but there are no patterns anyways, Sakurai will do whatever the fuck he wants. It would probably be shocking to Japanese fanbase though as they never would've guessed fucking Doomguy of all characters.

Attached: dlcwishlist2.png (1485x836, 1.4M)

I'd hope it's Reimu but Ryu Hayabusa is a possibility or maybe a Bamco rep.

Yikes

>He has no personality. No defining traits, no long running history.
These are also incorrect statements. Did you not play Luigi's Mansion and Dark Moon? Why do you need me to spoonfeed you the personality he has in his games? I mean, I'd like to, but if you already played those games and didn't figure it out then, it'd be a waste of time.

We'd get a Little Mac esque reaction with them not recognizing him
I know people try to suggest balancing him with Reimu but its safer for them to go with a character everyone recognizes instead of having two characters one side recognizes and the other does not and vice versa

>West/East choices

Not a single word to actually discredit Dark Souls influence, CHECK

Misunderstanding the role of Bayonetta in respect to Dante, CHECK

Not realizing I said Spyro is less likely than Crash, CHECK

Conflating the massive undertaking of a remaster collection with a couple of HD ports that have been common knowledge since E3, CHECK

Calling someone older than you a zoomie, CHECK

I've been arguing roster faggotry on Yea Forums since Snake was revealed for Brawl, zoomer. You have no future in this scene.

Attached: 1407850922428.png (794x662, 801K)

This is also unironically what I actually want for the remaining DLC.

Unless Nintendo reps are still a thing. Then I still want Chorus Kids

>I have no argument!
Yeah, that's what I thought.

who

No, the point right now is whether you've played those games. So tell me, because your answer is going to build on our conversation.

Yes, I've played Luigi's Mansion. All King Boo was was a "Surprise, not Bowser!" boss fight.

ahem

Attached: 1560833555515.png (782x821, 771K)

>there are people who would like a skin swap of Mario whose only defining trait is "heavy"

Attached: 1530924165504.jpg (250x180, 4K)

>taking metalposting seriously
I thought you people learned from steveposting

>not understanding why Dark Souls is impossible in any way shape or form - DING
>thinking that they don't think "why use Dante when we have Bayonetta" - DONG
>"yeah it's totally possible for Spyro to be in" - BADA
>'hey I've called dips on zoomzoom, you can do this!" - BEEM
>dude I've been on Yea Forums for so long you have no idea, I'm a total oldfag! - BADA
>HD ports are relevant, I swear - BONG
And, the desert:
>I've been a retard for so long, you don't even know
You mental illness is not relevant in any way, sorry to say so.
How about you'd stop trying to make your peanut jelly brain produce anything of any relevance, it really does not work for you that well.

Attached: 1544474776286.jpg (268x265, 15K)

>Dark Souls is impossible
not them but howso

Don't bother user he's a retard that wants to pretend Dark Souls hasn't become a household name

Then you should also have been able to gather from his dialogue that he's eccentric and sadistic while retaining the fun-loving, mischievous aspect that is common to Boos. You can tell it from his speech patterns as they're fronting amusement with the underlying sadism and malice, and his animations show a little bit of it too. He likes fucking with Luigi, which was something they played up in Dark Moon, where he does stuff like PG jumpscaring him or dangling Mario's painting in front of him before revealing himself.

Now I know you're probably going to tell me that this isn't much, that it's insignificant, that I'm reading too much into things and grasping at straws or something. But you have to consider it by the standards of the Mario franchise, so keep drawing parallels to Bowser, who is just a shallow. In the core games he's rarely anything but a roaring monster with no dialogue at all, and while the RPGs show a goofier, buffoonish side of him, it's only for surface level comedy.

Like, I get that King Boo isn't a complex character in the grand scheme of things by any means, but if people love Bowser for what little he has going on in terms of personality I don't get how it's hard to understand why some people like King Boo.

Attached: 1550922879001.gif (110x121, 210K)

>Like, I get that King Boo isn't a complex character in the grand scheme of things by any means, but if people love Bowser for what little he has going on in terms of personality I don't get how it's hard to understand why some people like King Boo.

Bro come on, you are way overestating King Boo's "personality". He's a mischievous trickster like every other Boo. Bowser is a goofy father who's genuinely in love with Peach but also evil and sees no problem with subjecting the world to all sorts of bullshit in an attempt to marry her. I cannot tell you a single thing about King Boo besides "he's the King Boo".

I'm sorry, but even framing it in the context of "No Mario character has much depth" I don't feel particular attachment to him. He may belong in Mario Kart or Mario Tennis, but not Smash Bros. Not when we have more options than Mario characters.

Yeesh, projecting? I've never ever said anything bad about Dark Souls, yet here you are trying to push your "don't you know how popular Dark Souls is".
Many things are popular in Japan, but to think that it has more value in terms of popularity right now and nostalgia factor than other franchises - you have to be a complete brainlet. If there were plans to add 20 guests, then sure, Dark Souls would be on the list, but currently it's a big fucking "not today".
Also, BN has other little franchise that went on Switch recently and is currently popular in Japan AND hits both nostalgia factor and the theme of the current roster. Can you think of any? I'll let you use a google on this one. Now, hmm, what to choose, THIS or Dark Souls?
Don't be a fucking retard who thinks that influence has anything to do with a fucking roster pick, how about that?

THOSE ARE THE ONLY POSSIBLE CANDIDATES FOR THE SEASON PASS (I forgot Leon, sorry).

YOU NEED TO CHOOSE ONE WESTERN REP AND ONE JAP REP, CHOOSE WISELY.

Attached: CHOOSE WISELY.png (1728x1326, 3.66M)

For me would be Crash and Doomguy, but if I got to choose a Jap rep, I would choose Geno just for being one of the most wanted for Smash, It's the only fan choice after K Rool, Banjo, Castlevania and that bird from metroid.

Crash and Sora

I personally want Geno and Rayman, but if they dont count then Sora and Crash I guess

the whole list is fucking stupid

I don't think the last two will be both western picks
Not because of the dumb East/West balance shit but because Sakurai was nervous about Banjo due to complications that could be involved between regions and languages since he prefers constant communication with the third party to make sure everything goes well depiction wise.
I can't see him risk it twice no less three times for the DLC especially given the set deadline in Februrary

>the whole list is fucking stupid
Let me guess, Ashley? Skull Kid? Sans Undertale? What would be your picks?

Rayman and Geno are spirits and we already have a Square Enix Rep in this dlc so no Sora. Someone earlier mentioned that Kiryu was deconfirmed or something too.

Everything can change...

Most realistic one

But skull kid actually is a good choice
Sorry user just doesn’t seem likely