Project Borealis (aka not-HL2: Episode 3)

I can't believe it's actually still happening and didn't just die off a few months after starting

youtube.com/watch?v=54bpxhCEwDQ (Full update video)
youtube.com/watch?v=IIwjZDUbNJc (Just the early gameplay)

Attached: Project Borealis.jpg (1680x1050, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/project-borealis/project-borealis-half-life-3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks cool.

Maybe if we are lucky it will be released in 11 years

no point in closely following the development. I'll let the project get finished if it will, and then play it. I'll only water down my play experience by studying everything the game has to offer beforehand.

At what point does Valve try to acquire the devs?

It's all freelancers, so there's no 'studio' they can really acquire. I have no idea if they ever tried to hire any of the devs from Black Mesa. Xen fucking when

Wich one is this? The one made in source or the one made in unity?

They said open beta soon. So I guess few months?

the potential of the project doesn't measure up to the potential of a dota chess game. nu-valve is very unlikely to invest in a sigleplayer game, I'm afraid.

That doesn't look good, at all.

Actually looks promising. Combine AI could be better but is servicable.

VALVE

At least 1 of the VR games is single player

empaphasis ov VR. that's what's important: they're marking their VR hardware with the game. valve hasn't developed singleplayer games for their own sake in a long time now.

>Combine AI could be better
They did say it was early AI implementation (so I would assume near first playable attempt)

>Xen fucking when
At lease it's almost done, I'm still waiting to play anything from Operation Black Mesa.

*sends you a cease and desist*
nothin personnel kiddo

Attached: xaj1kbefbsk01.jpg (572x842, 45K)

>nu-valve is very unlikely to invest in a sigleplayer game
They bought Campo Santo last year.

>Cease and desist
>From Valve, the company that gave the okay on fans selling a remake of the original Half-Life

They have wasted over a year on just trying trying to get it to play like Half Life 2 & they still have the Ai to do, on top of this they keep adding all this 3rd party software to improve the physics

They should have just used source

It took six years for Enderal developers to create a fucking "new world" mod for skyrim using Skyrim assets, combat, systems and etc + German autism.
I have no faith in that project.

Source isn't that good these days user
pcgamesn.com/project-borealis/project-borealis-half-life-3
>“While it might seem at first that modding an existing game would be easier for us, the Source Engine has unfortunately fallen behind modern game development workflows as well as engine technologies,” the Borealis team says. “Using more efficient workflows means the cost-benefit for development is more optimal for quick changes, prototyping, and massive amounts of polishing.”

>Cease and desist
>From Valve

How shit is Source 2?

Tim's still salty that Gabe didn't invite him to the CS 1.6 LAN game they had at Valve HQ.

the one made in unreal engine

I hope that map is just for testing/demoing, because from a logical and gameplay perspective it doesn't make any fucking sense.

They are not maing open world RPG tough.

Yeah. I tought it was Unity for some reason but I meant Unreal.

Valve have never issued a C&D to anyone
They fucking promoted hunt down freeman.

Attached: full-life-consequences-430x322.jpg (430x322, 43K)

YOU

Dunno what I'm looking at but it looks like shit.

>Today user learns what in-dev games actually look like

>They should have just used source
Nigger have you ever fucking tried making anything in source? It's a fucking nightmare. It feels like it was designed to waste your time and get nothing done.

Full Life Consequences still holds up