The Hammer powerup has been leaked

The Hammer powerup has been leaked
youtu.be/SPSbIkpLvHg

Attached: Switch_SuperMarioMaker2_artwork_01.0.jpg (1200x800, 198K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X03eHVCffBg
youtube.com/watch?v=g-Y3vvHvKCk
youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo
youtu.be/VAMMd7-JeCo
resetera.com/threads/kotaku-preview-super-mario-maker-2-forces-you-to-use-touchscreen-controls-in-handheld-mode.124286/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

dope

Plot twist: It's Hammer have character powerup.

So it's the cat suit but worse?

where's the damn DOUBLE CHERRY?!?!?!

>castle at night
>mario is treated to be underwater
What do we think about this, Yea Forumsros?

>a melee attack in side scrolling Mario
Damn that's fucking sick

The mushroom is every power up but worse.

Reminds me of Wrecking Crew
I like it

youtube.com/watch?v=X03eHVCffBg

Is that the 3D world theme or the new mario bros one ?

Where have you been since super mario 3

3D world.

Have costume mushrooms been confirmed yet?

confirmed NOT to be in kek

I believe that's the 3D World Sky theme. Airship is Circus.

They were deconfirmed a long time ago.

Not a real power-up, it's a cheat for kids to advance in seemingly impossible levels.

game looks great, I just hate how night mode has this music box version of a song playing. Might have to use the music option whenever I create a night mode level.

Oh yeah the racoon tail and cape
Still a fucking HAMMER

Mario 3 had a Hammer powerup as well

Attached: 1280px-Hammer_Mario_SMB3.png (1280x819, 816K)

But not as a melee attack

I guess that's true then

I wasn't expecting anything like the Hammer Suit, but this seems like a pretty weak powerup if it's just a slow melee attack.

Attached: 1551235474514.gif (194x223, 21K)

>level where you have to defeat a certain amount of Hammer Bros with the hammer powerup
like pottery

if you want the player to have a melee attack your only options were to also let the player fly or climb
this gives the melee attack only as a design option

gib world map maker

The real question is if this is a 3D World exclusive power up or is it for all level themes?

why

Okay, so it's a weak powerup. Use your imagination - if it's weak, then that could make otherwise trivial enemies into an actual challenge, depending on how the level is designed.

Are there any actual rewards for playing the game now that mystery mushrooms are gone?

So you can chain levels together as a package deal instead of having them all be taken individually as separate entities.

If you can jump and swing then it'll be great

When players loses enough times, they can summon a hammer Luigi to clear a path for them to advance.

I regret buying mario maker for the 3ds

You get coins to unlock more of the story mode, as well as getting costume parts for your profile Mii.

It will make your breasts and penis grow.

Yeah, you get to play the game. That's your reward.
There's gonna be leaderboards and shit too if you fancy those. I hope the medal system is back for level creation, getting those felt good.

Bullshit, it's clearly a power up

Meh. I only have a face because they basically force me to have one.

Why would you ever think that was a good idea in the first place?

The cat suit had a ton of moves. It's way too premature to assume that the hammer suit only does one thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=g-Y3vvHvKCk
MM2 confirmed bereft of all soul

Hot take, but I literally don't give two fucks. As long as the gameplay and levels are fun I'm fine with this.

Long hallway where you can't jump and you're given a hammer. Lava comes from behind you and chases you. Hallway is filled with enemies you have to run and smash them to escape the lava

the only thing shitty about this is the og mario theme being empty

or make it so you have to smash through the blocks that bar your way

>First thing he complains about is things don't happening to Mario on the title screen for MM2
I closed the video right there. I'm not listening to some retard nitpicking over retarded shit like this.

That's a different thing, Luigi shows up in Story Mode if you fail a level too many times to give you powerups and blocks to place mid-level.

No Weird Mario does suck, though. It was basically Luigi physics as a power up. That would have been one way to make Mario 1 more unique. They brought back the functionality of the big mushroom but not the weird mushroom.

Can you give enemies hammers and have a duel?

>All the Mario 1 stuff removed, SPECIALLY the costumes.

now THAT's a problem, it is bad that i missed SMM1, but removing such a cool feature for 2 is, for the lack of a better word... RETARDED.

>No fly swatter
...eh.

>No Title screen letters.
...again, eh.

>No cursors.
I can survive, those alwys felt tacky to me.

>No random game OPs.
hmmm, i dunno about that.

>No random death sounds.
considering i liked the example they put, yeah, a bit sad.

>Limited samples.
that might be a problem for those who are just starting, like myself doesnt help that you cannot edit the Story mode courses either.

>No CRT visual mode.
i really doubt the switch is that weak, do they really thought it didnt look nice or something?

>No mustache visuals.
i would say eh, but still its weird they are removing so much of the easter eggs.

i hope they add that shit in future updates, cuz people are gonna complain.

probably

>FUCK E CELEBS.

at least watch the rest of the video, he did put some valid points.

>No weird mushroom
>Limited sample levels and the story mode levels cannot be edited
>No amiibo costumes

Probably unlocking Mii outfits

youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

Never said fuck all about ecelebs .Stop putting words into people's mouths.

Soulless

Attached: 6118DE42-9225-45B9-8F34-92FF291D4C83.jpg (994x758, 365K)

Also if thought the nitpicking was bad in that video then get a load of this. They actually use "soul" so if that shows you what kind of video this will be.

Forgot the link youtu.be/VAMMd7-JeCo

>the soul of Mario Maker is gone!
>I'll pick up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 instead!
Shit taste, opinion invalidated.

well, as someone who missed SMM1, those things DO matter, at least to a degree.

i can live without the cursors, the interactive title or the fly swatter. but the removal of the amiibo costumes, the weird mushroom, the visual and audio extras like the random death sounds? that was a wrong call.

so yeah, if theres something that can be considered as a 'soul' to the game, it was indeed removed. or at least part of it.

what is he even talking about

The weird mushroom probably was nuked since it made it possible to upload impossible levels.

Basically the dumb shit of Mario Maker 1 (Weird Mario, Amiibo Costumes, the fly minigame) aren't in this game so he's not gonna buy it) and instead buy a Marvel game

>can break grey bricks with hammer power up
Never did I expect mechanics from the e-reader levels to return

Attached: SMA4.jpg (640x641, 92K)

was there even a way to get amiibo costumes without actually buying the figures in mm1? if not, I'm not sure what the issue is.

apparently, by completing the 100-mario challenge you got a random costume each time.

You could it was the 100 Mario challenge but after a few runs you wouldn't get them in easy and then normal modes

>Dumb shit.

except for the Fly swatter, it´s easy for you to call it dumb shit if you played SMM1, but for whose who didnt? sorry, but you dont have the right to call it dumb shit.

New game mode, several new themes, possibility to change the physics of each theme with "night" mode, local multiplayer-coop-versus, adding new enemies and items to all old modes, story mode, decent search engine , etc ... "but the game does not have an easter egg I liked! It's souless!"
Seriously, players can be retarded and cling to the most insignificant things at times.

except for all the removed SMB1 stuff, that was indeed part of that 'soul', specially for those who missed SMM1.

Sorry fag, you should have bought a Wii U like the rest of us who played the original. Or you could play the janky 3DS version.

I played that game day 1 when I owned a Wii U I have the right to call it dumb shit

>but you dont have the right to call it dumb shit.
Of course we do, we actually used it and know how little impact it made on the game. You on the other hand have no right to say it's good because you haven't used it.

This is all I want for this game, the last thing to make it perfect

They better add them in an update, they were the only reason I used the SMB1 theme

Costumes would fuck up the muliplayer, its gone.

>Night mode isn't in 3DWorld
This along with the no online friends and shit like mystery costumes going away makes me think this was rushed

i never said its good, but its not fair for those who did got it to say that is shit, while people missed the previous game.

a SEQUEL, is supposed to expand the first game in EVERY WAY, and that includes the so-called 'dumb shit'

i AM gonna buy the game, but still that doesnt change the fact that SMM2 is an inferior version of SMM1 because they removed parts of the original game.

I'm okay with the costumes being gutted but I think they should compensate by expanding the smb1 theme.

3D World is in the "extra themes" category, it's a whole different thing from the other themes

>He's gone
What the FUCK? I'm actually livid

Attached: weird_mario.png (225x225, 2K)

>smash through the blocks that bar your way

Attached: 1558620714325.jpg (960x841, 47K)

Yeah we get it you missed the original, boo hoo cry me a fucking river
As somebody who actually PLAYED the original, Super Mario Maker 2 looks to be superior in every way.

>Is SMM2 better than 1?
>I don't know man, they removed random death sounds

They can't keep adding every single feature to every single theme because the number of themes is gonna get too high. It's obvious Mario 2 is gonna be DLC. Making everything work in 6 themes is too much.

I hope they actually intended to update the four core game themes.

We only 3 new enemies. Some enemies are locked to 3D world for no reason, like the Fire Bro, which appeared first in SMB3. We also have enemies aren't anywhere to be found. Fuzzies, Chargin Chucks and Pokeys anyone?

There's too many things exclusive to 3D world.

I agree with this dude. I think the game was rushed out. We can only hope that updates flesh out the game even more

Costumes being gutted seem like a unanimous decision. Aside from the obvious copyrighted ones, porting over the rest would've been pretty easy.

Well if you look on the bright side it did piss off Resetera
resetera.com/threads/kotaku-preview-super-mario-maker-2-forces-you-to-use-touchscreen-controls-in-handheld-mode.124286/

They will obviously update it. They already announced they're adding online multiplayer with friends and there is a slot on the menu for super Mario 2 theme.

>but its not fair for those who did got it to say that is shit
Of course it's fair that we can say it's shit, if that's what you're trying to say at least, because we actually used it.

Who cares about SMB1, SMB3 is superior anyway

At least they didn't plug their ears about the online thing like they've done with Splatoon 2's shitshow when trying to play with friends.

Why the fuck would you NOT use the touch screen in handheld mode? It's the superior way to make levels for fuck's sake. I'm gonna buy a special stylus just for Super Mario Maker 2 level creation.
These trannies are fucking backwards in every way.

>a SEQUEL, is supposed to expand the first game in EVERY WAY, and that includes the so-called 'dumb shit'
Let's see:
>more course parts
>more themes
>more game styles
>improved course world
>multiplayer online, local and co-op making
>more course layouts
>more gamemodes
>more sfx
>more enemies
>added clear objectives
>improved rating system
I fail to see how this isn't improving the game in every way

B-bbut the SOUL
I didn't get to play the Super Mario Maker 1 it's missing it's SOUL I missed out this game is shit and I would know having not played it!

Hey stupid faggot think about this:
What if they've replaced the old easter eggs with NEW easter eggs?
Is that enough SOUL for you?

>this was rushed
that shouldn't even come as a surprise
nintendo's seems to love rushing games out the door with minimal content so they can just drip feed more content through updates
>Smash Ultimate
>Kirby Star Allies
>Mario Tennis Aces
>Arms
>Super Mario Party except this one didn't even fucking GET an update at all
>and now Super Mario Maker 2

Attached: 1557743188663.jpg (314x295, 24K)

Well you could be this kind of person

Attached: C87B9571-1ACA-4A3C-A0E5-212B882C4EBD.jpg (977x270, 194K)

I think what a lot of people are forgetting is that even in updates to Super Mario Maker, they added fun little easter eggs. We'll see what happens.

>Mario Maker 2 is a downgrade
Are you fuckinbg retards serious right now? They added:
Slopes
Several new themes
Night versions of every theme (new visuals and gameplay changes)
3d world style (many new enemies, hazards, themes, etc. With awesome visuals and new gameplay mechanics)
Big coins
New sound options like Mario sunshine music
New bosses
Some new enemies
A new power up
Local multiplayer
Online multiplayer, including competitive
Avatars with many different costume pieces to collect for online
And many smaller things
Wow yeah what a rushed shitty sequel fuck I hate you all so much.

Reminder that this game will be the absolute undoubted factual GAME OF THE YEAR easily

SMM1 was already god tier, this is that but twice as good. They added so many things you couldn't even list it all across two whole posts.

To be fair they did choose to not include friends at all so its not that didn't have time they just did a fucking dumb choice

very well.

tell me why removing all the extras from the SMB1 theme is a good idea, and why is fair for those who missed the game to not have them?

Hey kid, don't get so worked up just because people criticize a game you like.

A critique on the game is not a critique on yourself. Don't take it so personally.

The reason why they removed the amiibo costume is probably because
1.it would be very confusing in multiplayer (local and online) and multiplayer is a BIG emphasis of this game. Imagine all 4 players change into the same character.
2.Most of the amiibo levels were dumb gimmick levels. They weren't fun to play.
3.it was restricted to the ugly Mario 1 style and the other styles are much more popular, it's kind of a waste of effort to include it.

How did user take that personally?

>criticizing Mario Maker
It looks great but could have been better if they added this small feature I like or these enemies I want - I hope they get added in an update.
>being a dipshit console war loser
XDDD MM2 IS A SHITTY PORT WITH DOWNGRADES, RUSHED OUT IN 2 MONTHS NINTENBABBIES EAT THIS SHIT UP

This is the dumbest list of complaints ever

>you already see available options instead of having to guess whether mushrooms, wings etc. go on this enemy or object
uh ok? how is this a downside?
>no hidden gimmick shit in the title screen
damn, really important that one, I'd care for about 3 seconds total
>limited samples
so what, every level out there made by anyone is a sample
this game has a good tutorial mode AND has over 100 premade stages showcasing mechanics and ideas of what you could do, how is that not better?

Seriously this is idiotic

Most costume mario levels were awful, either boring recreations of levels from whatever character you were playing as games, or "amiibo collection show off" levels.

>A critique on the game
Not that anyone has been critiquing the game as much as crying about something irrelevant.

It's gamexplain, they will nitpick anything so they can make their videos. The only thing I miss from their entire list was the CRT filter
and even then, there are better CRT filters out there than what was in mario maker 1

And he's only critiquing your critique of the game, user.

The fly swatter minigame being absent from SMM2 is not irrelevant.

The costumes work like shit and encourage the creation of disgusting levels with "costume check" in the end because the autistic who did it wants the player to play exactly the way he imagined.

>no costumes
Shit game.

Attached: DBCc_ZnUAAE84-K.png (1053x1200, 1.13M)

i agree on the first 2, tho i dont remember them mentioning the 1st one.

but the limited samples? that IS a problem, and one aimed directly to people who havent played the original, you could say 'well, theres the story mode and what thers do' but the point of the samples is that those can be edited and help you learn the gimmicks in a way more intuitive way that just showing them to you can do.

the game expects you to have played SMM1 to have the maximum profit from the feature, and again, theres people who didnt played it.

Yea Forums considered the costumes the most Jewish scheme ever made, considering how they need either the Amiibo or hundreds of hours to unlock.
Weird how now they are crying about it, almost like it's just looking for an excuse to shitpost

>gachashit poster calling anything bad
lol

Okay, what does it add to the game in terms of substance.

If costumes come back through some DLC update, I want them to work in all styles and just be something you can "set" people as instead of powerups

Thats great

>can't throw it
stupid

I agree.
Its just some minor easter eggs. What if there are other easter eggs but noone found it yet?
I expected some bit differences, but no, just minor easter eggs.
Why should they do the same and devalue the first one?

Yeah. It was more like a Larp thing. But it was just in there to justify Amiboos.

That wasnt the hammer power up i was expecting

Attached: images.jpg (692x443, 28K)

Yeah, its mostly an nod to wrecking crew.

I bet the frog powerup is in too

When you compare this game to Mario Maker 1 you need to remember the difference in design. Mario Maker 1 was designed to be played single player. There were no multiplayer features at all. That's why all those dumb gimmicks it had were fine, because you weren't competing with anyone so it wasn't meant to be taken at all seriously to begin with.
Mario Maker 2 is being design primarily around multiplayer. Most people will be competing online with other players to beat levels. That's why all those dumb gimmicks would just come across as annoying. Even though the game might look and feel similar to the original Mario Maker it will be a very different gameplay experience given it is now a competitive or co-operative game and not so much a solo game.

makes sense. The one crying now cant move on.

>Most people will be competing online with other players to beat levels
Not really. The majority of all levels will not only still be made for single players, but the majority of people will also play single player

Esports really is cancer.

Attached: 1557355890230.jpg (600x769, 224K)

Why would you think that? Multiplayer modes are almost always more popular than offline modes in games.

>all multiplayer games are esports
Dumb Zoomer

Mario Maker 2 multiplayer lets you compete againts other people user
its a competition, you could argue that you can create a major tournament around it

Esport is sport
Fans or companies makes it cancer.

You'll be in for a surprise. The vast majority of people playing will still do it by themselves.
Tons of levels only work for one person.

I dont think you can. A game show yes, but tournament would be more like speedruns.

My favourite power up is the dry bones shell. Quite surprising and ingenious.

bowsers inside story remake > thousand year door

Attached: 3max.jpg (497x455, 91K)

>Thought it was the smb3 hammer suit
I remain disappointed

why does this sequel seem so lazy? barely seems like it's adding anything new that wouldn't have been easy as fuck to add to the original game. why aren't they adding the hammer bros suit, tanooki suit, or the shell power up from NSMB?

The crumble action is kinda game breaking. I wonder how you can use it without breaking your level?
I can imagine, make a hard game, hide the dry shell somewhere and than "cheat" yourself through your level to verify it.

Too game breaking.

And the cape isn't?

is that their explanation for it? how are any of those gamebreaking?

>Minimal content
>Smash Ultimate
the meme didn't work back then and it still doesn't work now

According to the fat guy who made the game, they spent a lot of time producing the style of "Super Mario 3D World", which is totally 3D.
Probably they thought that without a new style the game wouldn't have appeal and they concentrated all efforts on that, whereas they could have polished the multiplayer and the classic modes, in addition to offering a world map editor.

how hard would it really be to add those power-ups though?

>Nitpicks issues
>Posts this
what did he mean by this?

Attached: ACD98261-9FBB-4824-B892-1944769B41B4.jpg (1185x192, 99K)

Its my guessing.

No. The cape is more limited in its use. And if you tone the tanooki down, you get the cape.

Underwhelming tbqh. Why can't we get the actual hammer suit, the ice flower, and all of the other actual power-ups that aren't in the game?

The shell would probably be very difficult because it sure would originate thousands of bugs because of the way things interact in Mario Maker.
But powerups that do not cause any kind of interaction other than killing / not killing enemies would probably be stupidly easy.

Well since there aren't costumes anymore if they update the game they can add in features people ask so hey it could happen

>i prefer my way so you’re retarded to want it any other way
Imagine being someone who wants LESS options in a game just because it makes people you let live rent free in your head mad

Multiplayer + Up to 5 duplicates = 20 models roaming around. Could get laggy.

Sometimes you might be too lazy to undock your Switch so you just do some quick edit while docked with the controller.

The ice flower will probably be added as an update. It takes a lot of work because it wasnt present in 3d world or the older games as far as I remember, unlike the fire flower.

SMM2 will get some big updates throughout its life

Big update 1) Costumes and new style (probably SMB2), Replay system ala DKCTF showing you exactly how people play(ed) your levels

Big update 2) Overworld map maker and ability to connect your stages on it, can share whole world with others, more costumes

>no skinny mushroom
>this game costs $60

>this game costs $60
But it doesn't.

Just remove the chance for it to appear randomly and have it as it's own powerup, then it's good.

The main complaint with Amiibo costumes is the multiplayer, but the Big Mushroom already turns your character into a more colourized version of themselves, so they could just do that again.

I'm gonna miss those two, SMB1 is kinda lame now, but still it really is a small thing to get mad over considering all the new stuff being added.

But it does.

Attached: file.png (1023x321, 507K)

I don’t really care that the amiibo costumes are gone from an aesthetic standpoint, but they were an interesting gameplay mechanic as they allowed Mario to take an extra hit and break blocks without being two spaces tall. We lost an actual gameplay option with their removal

>$59.99
>$60
lol

Well we still have shellmets

>no unique death sounds
>no skinny Mario
>no amiibo costumes
>no fly minigame
actually soulless

Attached: 113.gif (274x249, 214K)

didnt they patch those? the impossible levels that are already inside are the ones that used the exploit and since its now patched they were left impossible to finish

What about small features like new enemies. blocks and elements?

As someone who never played SMM1, I am very sad that amiibo costumes are gone. Seeing the cool levels people made inspired by other games, I was really looking forward to them. I can understand why they're gone, but I still hope they'll add them back.

>Game Informer did a rapid-fire interview with Nintendo's Takashi Tezuka on a number or topics, including Super Mario Maker 2. Mr. Tezuka was asked about the potential for overworld map creation in Super Mario Maker 2, to which he responded by saying it was a good idea. When asked if it's an included feature in the game, he simply answered by saying, "I wonder."
>Tezuka was also asked about a Super Mario Bros. 2 theme in Super Mario Maker, to which he says he'd be happy to see that happen. Again, when asked if it was included, he responded by saying, "I don't know."

Attached: GoNintendo__What_are_YOU_waiting_for_-_Opera_opera_2019-06-19_19-41-14.png (759x570, 338K)

>comfy ass night themes
>cool new music
>can play as toadette
>cute story mode with characters like undo dog

soul

i will be too busy playing multiplayer to bother myself thinking if the game has soul or not

all the night music is music box which is going to get grating after long enough

Oh yeah, that’s right. I don’t care as much then

>dude comfy
>cute AND funny lmao
You're the reason why Nintendo gets away without any effort.

>And if you tone the tanooki down, you get the cape.
The tanooki suit cannot fly indefinitely in any direction it chooses and has a limited maximum flight height, plus it doesn't provide invulnerability when flying. The cape is one of the most OP powerups in any mario game

>dude I'd rather have some epic easter egg on the title screen than literally tons of new themes added through night mode with a bazillion possibilities opened up by it

actually and unironically kill yourself you contrarian

Wouldn’t we know the answer to both of these by now since journalists and leakers have the game?

The night gimmicks are all shit, and shouldn't be locked to a single theme like they currently are.

You're not even worth talking to, brainlet

Not necessarily. For previewers, they might have an NDA on certain details. For leakers, maybe but it's possible (albeit unlikely) that they plan to add these things via a day one update or something so they don't get leaked. In that case, only dataminers may find references to those in advance.
I'm not holding my breath though. DLC is still an option, however.

Okay, comfyfag.

>gravity altering and poison mushrooms are shit
get better taste

I’m excited either way because it’s obvious both will be in the game eventually, even if it takes an update or two

cringe

not him, but it is still wrong that removed things and basically downgraded to hell and back one of the main 4 themes of the game.

yes, easter eggs are just easter eggs, but at least one of them was an actual gameplay element, part of the experience.

>Ok/Can live with it out:
-Mario paint title homage
-Cursor skins
-Fly swatter minigame

>on the fence
-The super mushroom visuals/CRT mode
-Random death sounds

>Not cool man!
-The amiibo costumes
-The weird mushroom
-The Sample/Template level options.

what's with the sample/template level autism?
how is tutorials + story mode not way better at making shitternoobs not shit?

A mechanic that is strange to all Mario games, by the way.

>why do people want to choose the levels they play?
>that sounds like autism

>Muh meme costumes
99% of meme costume levels were dumb troll or gimmick levels that had no enjoyable gameplay. Even then, most of the small percentage of them that were good were just normal levels with a meme costume stuck in instead of a mushroom. Only a small handful were actually themed around the costume and were good. The night themes alone with their distinct gameplay changes completely blow The costumes out of the water.

Do you even have an argument as to what sample levels do better?

You can edit them.

And?
Why would you want people to upload more garbage shoddily edited sample courses?

Why wouldn't you want kids to instead do the tutorials with the pigeon and play the story mode so they can make levels you can at least somewhat stomach?

They're going to make shit levels regardless, what difference does it make?

Why does anyone want random death sounds back? They were funny the first time, every time afterwards it's just annoying and wastes your time.

Okay but why are they needed? I mean isn't the whole point to make your own levels?

They'll make less shit levels now thanks to story and tutorials.

Example of some "intermediate" section tutorials in SMM2

Coin Brainstorm
Checkpoint Flags and You
Water Level
Making Vertical Courses
Know your Gizmos
Autoscroll Tips
Mario's Limitations
The Key to Success
Forgiving Player's Mistakes
Providing Direction
The Power of Power-ups
All About Timing
Creating Enticing Directions
On Atmosphere
Treat the Players Fairly

Why is everyone expecting Nintendo to fix everything by adding in new powerups and mystery mushroom and stuff in updates? Do you guys remember how little new stuff we actually got in the updates?

>Checkpoints
>Fire Clown Car
>P Warp Door
>Bumpers
>Skewers
>Locked Doors
>Keys
>Red Coins

Really it's just a bunch of utility stuff that they should've had from the beginning. You guys have way too much faith.

Why is it not needed? Why limit options? The entire point of Mario Maker is to do whatever, right?

SMM2 barely even needs anything anymore. They already added so much that people almost run out of things to ask for anymore.

Is it mandatory to complete the tutorials in order to upload levels? If not, then it doesn't matter.

That was just the rationalization of the Gamexplain guys. At one point they realized that they were not having fun with the game and started rationalizing: "oh, it's because you can not play with the title screen letters", "oh, it's because you do not have easter eggs", etc.
The truth is that the game, just like the MM1, will only start to get interesting after a while, with community interaction.
That's why the fact that Nintendo put the whole game behind a paywall was terrible.

Why are there consistently a few people in EVERY single new Nintendo release thread complaining about minor non-gameplay related things (visuals/assthetics/Easter eggs/etc.) You see it in animal crossing threads, in Mario maker threads, in fire emblem threads, in links awakening threads even in luigis mansion 2 threads when that game looks and feels exactly the same as the first one. Is it the same people doing it for every single game? It's just bizarre how it's consistent across every single release that you have one or two guys constantly whining that the game has no "soul." If you think that every single Nintendo release has no "soul" or whatever, why not just sell the console and stop coming to the threads?

To be fair, the key system along with checkpoints were all pretty big additions. Other than that though, I think people are just nitpicking here. I don't see them adding these crazy updates other than maybe a new Game Style as DLC because of the missing slot, but that's it for big things.

They are falseflagging shitposters. People who don't plan on buying the game to begin with, they don't even own a Switch.
They just try to make the thread negative instead of positive by looking for anything even remotely possible they could "complain" about.

Who cares about how strong or weak it is? I'm already thinking of ways I could center levels around it, like a course with no jumping restrictions which forces you to use the hammer to progress.

Because you see one criticism you disagree with and disregard the entire post.

>the big mushroom in SMB1 uses its modern palette, as does Mario
>nothing else changes so it looks incredibly out of place
THIS RUPTURES MY ANUS LIKE NOTHING ELSE

There obviously has to be at least one major update because a slot is empty under "new styles" and it's plural meaning more than one while we currently only have one listed. Most assume reasonably that the style will be super Mario bros 2, which would also definitely add pokeys and shyguys. Beyond that every single first party Nintendo title has gotten some significant update after release. Even captain toad, which was a re-release of a Wii u game got a big update (they added multiplayer). Before you bring it up Mario party is made by ndcube not Nintendo.

>it doesn't even change the music

>still can't play as Peach or Wario

Attached: wah.png (231x181, 70K)

It's from the same guys defending Game Freak, of course they're idiotic.

You can play with Luigi now, it does not make sense to make enemies take Luigi's form. And since Nintendo is probably spending a lot of time thinking about how to take money from the suckers with the NSO, they don't have time to redo the sprites of all the enemies.

$51.99 physical with amazon prime
$50 digital if you use a voucher

Its just bizarre that it's the same "soul" complaint in EVERY thread for every Nintendo game. It being the same complaint across so many very different games feels like it has to be the same people. It's not a complaint that particularly makes any sense either. What the fuck does "soul" in a game even mean? How is adding a unique night theme with NEW gameplay mechanics for every old theme not "soul" but dumb meme outfits people only used to troll were "soul"?

Real shame too, I figured that the addition of the 3D World theme would possibly lead to Peach and Rosalina playable, but oh well, guess I got my hopes up too high

this isnt mario party, nobody cares

It's pretty obvious that we're getting Peach/Daisy/Rosalina update pack. They even said the reason amiibo outfits were gone was because they wanted to focus on having many playable characters

You're basically right, but I still think they could add in some more enemies and some new powerups
>pokey
>chargin chuck
>frog suit
just to name a few

Toadette takes her model from Mario Run and New Super Mario Deluxe. Both Peach and Daisy have playable models in Mario Run. Rosalina has a playable model in 3D World, which is where Mario, Luigi, and Toad's models for that style come from.

It's pretty obvious that some kind of princess update is coming

Peach is 100% gonna be added in the Mario 2 update.

Who the fuck even cares about Amiibo costumes? Is that what you guys cared about most? How your character looks instead of how good your level actually is?

it's very telling that the only Mario Run characters not yet playable in MM2 are Daisy and Peach. I'm assuming they'll add characters as DLC, or at least the 3 main princesses

I sure hope so, would be neat to see them in Mario 1, 3 and World style if possible

Attached: 1556145523911.jpg (586x760, 258K)

they've been playable in other platformers like Mario Run, they should be playable in this

In that case, I'm fine with waiting on it. Especially since I can tell I'll get more mileage out of this game as opposed to the first since my disc stopped working at one point

I can see Title Screen, Cursors, and CRT/Mustaches being removed. Switch is nearly instant boot so while it was fun I would rather be able to jump into the game faster. As for the secrets it was probably not developed due to a good percentage of people may not use a touch screen.The cursors fall back on the "may not use a touch screen" point. CRT mode may return if people ask for it. I think it was removed because of what happened with NES online crt mode leaving artifacts after leaving that app.
The rest though is them being lazy

Think about this:

Those 2 elements, ignoring the mega mushroom visuals, are part of the SMB1 theme, the most simple/barebones of the 4 themes.

Those 2 elements made making SMB1 levels worthwhile, since they gave even more possibilities, at least on the imagination dept.

And now that those 2 elements were gone, one must ask: what is even the point in making SMB1 levels when SMB3, SMW and NSMB have more stuff?

Nu-tendo "fans" are all drones, they can't care about soul if they're soulless themselves.

>implying amiibo costumes didn't contribute to how levels could be made
>he didn't enjoy making themed levels using the Link costume or Mercedes costume

Nostalgia I guess but personally my question is why do you want to play the ugliest theme?

Define soul

I hate how I can't just fucking PLACE water where I want it. Still, these few options should give me just enough to finally create my two levels I've wanted since Mario Maker 1 was first announced.

There’s obvious merit in being the simplest theme from a gameplay perspective. I don’t know why people ignore this.

they weren't allowed to talk about the hammer powerup for some reason

I don't think the double cherry would translate well in a 2-d game.

Kinda weird. Was night=water a thing in some game I'm not remembering?

>bowsers vore story
I loved that game

>Was night=water a thing in some game I'm not remembering?
no but the original Super Mario Bros. has an underwater segment in 8-4 so I figure that's why they went with the water gimmick for the castle night theme

My biggest concern is to edit the levels with the controller. In the videos I see the guys can not do shit. Sure these guys from youtube are usually inept, but still I get a little worried