Games with god tier combat thread

Games with god tier combat thread

What games do you think have the best combat? No westernshit.

Attached: Yakuza God Tier Combat.webm (640x360, 2.97M)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Yakuza God Tier Combat.webm/
youtube.com/watch?v=AQVGcaghu0k
youtube.com/watch?v=oz8gdggfBkY
youtube.com/watch?v=LjRzhrWtpPA
youtube.com/watch?v=xkN9oru-qCQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I like the simplicity of Skyrim’s combat system

first person shooter - doom with project brutality
third person shooter - theyre all shit
third person action - sekiro

>Does the same dash attack over and over
>god tier combat

god hand

Yakuza combat is fucking awful

Yakuza doesn't really have good combat. It's fun but nothing overly demanding, thus kind of suiting the weirdly relaxing atmosphere of those games.

This looks retarded. The enemies are just standing there waiting for you to launch into them. Easiest shit I've ever seen.

stick to your westernshit, zoomer

>yakuza
>god tier combat
What the shit.

But Dark Messiah is GOAT

Attached: mk-shaolin-monks.jpg (672x372, 91K)

Gladly retard, bam ham has better combat btw

these were all me btw

Attached: bitch.jpg (227x300, 14K)

>webm unrelated

Consider gitting gud, reddit zoom zooms

Attached: 1559395522433.webm (640x360, 2.53M)

We had this thread a week or so ago and nothing has changed
the enemies are just glorified punching bags

This post doesn't even make any sense. Did you just use a buzzword generator or something?

why do you keep making this fucking thread you fag
and every time you say some dumb shit like this. kill yourself

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/Yakuza God Tier Combat.webm/
mental illness

>this thread every day
>people believe he's serious
>yakuzafags actually think their game has good combat

Attached: 1542975390263.png (154x143, 35K)

Gothic

But they do

Attached: 1559396003483.webm (960x540, 2.88M)

Mordhau

goat combat trapped in terrible level design.

Attached: 1 MmfVR_JNBPaiUCFKZ-35gA.jpg (1600x900, 277K)

What I like is that people were actually seriously this webm as proof the games had good gameplay. And now it's a meme, lol. Yakuza has the most deluded fanbase for sure.

It's satisfying and fun. It's serviceable combat. It's shallow as fuck though and there is often one OP move you can abuse over and over which if often one of the only ways to deal with the harder fights if you aren't going to chug medicine or use weapons. By the way the fact that many people who play it feel the need to self handicap by not using items speaks volumes about how "good" the gameplay is.

>scripted uninteruptible cutscene attacks
nice """"combat"""" you have here

Prototype

Stay mad

Attached: 1559400108523.webm (748x420, 2.92M)

war of the monsters

Attached: wotm.jpg (316x445, 39K)

I do too, but it's not really god tier. God tier combat has a decently high skill ceiling, is fine tuned really well, and allows the player to do really cool shit.
Skyrim is just swinging your sword and occasionally using unrelenting force or slow time since every other shout is absolute garbage besides throw voice which is not combat oriented.

I'm obviously going to get shit for this because it's Yea Forums but if you anwser anything but ninja gaiden black or DMC5 (or 3 if you're that kind of guy) you're wrong.

Attached: D9XcZr7XYAIJwcX.jpg (400x563, 36K)

>god tier combat
>not a single attack performed by any of the 5 enemies for the entire duration of the clip
Great game bro

>Literally bamham without the lock on
>Good combat
Yikes

you're forgetting God Hand

Bushido blade

The combat was the worst part about any Yakuza. No depth to it, unbalanced attacks, shit AI

haven't played god hand yet, is it easy to emulate?

nah the worst thing in yakuza is the terrible writing, but yes the combat is extremely poor

>combat is the worst part
>not the glacially slow pacing

it's actually the opposite of what you described.
the games do have lock on.
There is no bamham free counter system. The one counter that he used at the end is a heat action that uses your meter, has to be unlocked, and will only work when you are getting attacked from behind.

the games are still super duper shallow and anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves. Just trying to clear up some misconceptions as it seems you've never played any of them.

No one is saying dmc 5 in this thread. The fuck is wrong with you Yea Forums

it was a bait thread from the beginning

Plenty of people seem to play it just fine on emulator, so I would say yeah. Don't ask me anything about that, I just play it on PS3 it is in their PS classics on their eshop if that is easier for you.

you will definitely need a controller to play it, it's pretty much required to get the proper feel for dodging with the right stick.

read the thread first user

This so much. I have played through 4, 5, 6, and working on kiwami. Both 4 and 5 I spent a year on hiatus from the game before beating each of them, 6 I only did in a straight shot because I had to know who the baby daddy was, kiwami I'm just plain sick of I'm at the part where the three color gangs blew up the park and took haruka I'm not even sure I will pick it back up.

>no westernshit
too bad
mordhau
for honor
god hand
zeno clash 1

for shooters:
quake
doom 2016
vanquish
titanfall

Classic bait thread?
Classic bait thread.

Attached: 1560388757769.png (1019x743, 223K)

QUICK. I need to know the name of a PS2 Beat em up, probaby someone here knows. The only thing I really remember is that you could select 1 out of 3 characters, and one of them was a blond with fire-like hair and a leather jacket

This is vague as fuck, I know, but it's all I can remember

> blond with fire like hair
trigun had a game?

It should be obvious that it's a bait thread because everyone knows yakuza combat is dogshit

the bouncer

The Bouncer?

Imagine a game series had such bad gameplay that even fans of the game series consider people calling the gameplay good "bait" instantly, lmao

Why are you trying to convince people Yakuza isn't great? Yea Forums loves Yakuza and that's not going to change

Attached: 0559411889430.webm (640x360, 2.17M)

The Punisher
Fable the lost chapter
Gothic 1/2
Prototype 1/2

This game had my favorite combat of any game.

Attached: spartan total warrior.jpg (300x428, 35K)

>Yakuza
>90% cutscenes
>10% gameplay

Utter fucking trash series. Fuck you.

>all this westernshit
Embarrassing

Attached: 1559419148048.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

CS 1.6 and Source

Idk i cant go back to it after using combat mods
But they fuck up the game so hard lol
Script errors
Random drops to 40 fps
I think im just gonna do a lightweight playthrough with just lock on and 3rd person camera overhaul

V
Muh the last of us is a movie game even tho its 90% gameplay
Also v
Visual novels and yakuza are great even tho they have no gameplay
This board is the polar opposite of the sjw retards
Both equally retarded

Mordhau
Insurgency/Sandstorm
Escape From Tarkov (when it feels like it)
Condemned

Why won’t Boon make a sequel? Fuck FGC faggots, MK is too goddamn big to confine it to one type of game.

Bloodborne is Dark Souls 3 without shields.

Sekiro and God Hand

sure thing kid. now go brush your teeth.

That means you are simple.

spider-man ps4 has a decent dmc lite combat style which is fun

Red Dead Redemption 2 on free aim

Attached: IMG_e301a496-84c0-4546-8975-f25eb3818e6d.png (1920x1080, 1.54M)

i don't like when this webm is posted as a prime example of yakuza combat. that's a finishing move but he doesn't finish off all the enemies, and it would have looked nicer if that fight took place on the street rather than on the constricted river bank.

yakuza 0/kiwami combat is an example of combat that _feels_ good, but doesn't always look good. kiwami 2 feels like trash but generally looks way better than the former. at its core it's basically still bamham simple combat.

The bomb being a fake in 2 sums up perfectly why the writing in these games is terrible. Nothing ever actually matters or has consequence. Things happen just to have a melodramatic scene which ten minutes later doesn't even matter anymore. Kaz can be stabbed and left to die and then be back on his feet and fine 2 minutes later. These games are full of this shit. It's not even "twists" because that would mean things would have to be foreshadowed or at least still have consequence. But literally everything that you think is happening can be undone at any moment. RUBBER BULLETS is the most extreme example but the games are full of this garbage. It only annoys me because when people point out how shit the gameplay is they defend the games by saying "you idiot, you play for the story" but that makes no sense when they're written so badly.

Bloodborne came out first.
Dark Souls 3 is Bloodborne without the rally system.

The best sword based combat that video games have ever had.

How the FUCK did they do it? My god those of us who played video games in the late 1990s was waiting for a game with sword fighting as good as Sekiro.

It simply CANNOT be topped.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 140K)

>We'll never get a GTA with RDR2's gore mechanics because Rockstar is comprised of turbo-faggots

Why even live?

Yakuza is reddit repellent.

Attached: 1559410309131.webm (960x540, 2.93M)

>For Honor

Nope.

>that one kid that would never fight close range and would run like a pussy grabbing powerups and explosives all game
Fuck you Ben.

Masterpieces of their genre

Attached: 374744744774 1.jpg (2560x1920, 2.42M)

what's the point of this meme?

I'm confused, I thought this series was meant to be great. These webms look shit. My favourite ecelebs all showed be wacky montages.

the reality of yakuza is spending 90% of the time walking around the exact same map and reading conversations. and sometimes there are shitty fights, where the enemies don't even attack you. that's yakuza. it's literally been memed into "popularity" by weebs. but 0 is the only good seller because it's the only one that's even half decent.

Yakuza isn't a huge seller because the only good one is 0 and most of the people who bought it got tired of it before the end because they found out Yakuza games aren't actually that good no matter how many ecelebs celebrate how cuuuhraaaayzee they are by making montages of silly moments.

This. I know a bunch of people who got Yakuza 0 and couldn't believe how boring it was. Or they liked it up until a certain point and then found it repetitive. Very few of them showed interest in buying another.

if you ever needed proof that the old userbase is gone and has been replaced by reddit and resetera, here it is

This
Real Yea Forums users like real videogames

Attached: 1559400490565.webm (748x420, 2.81M)

>third person shooter - theyre all shit

Attached: Vanquish dance.webm (1000x418, 2.9M)

I am one of those people. I thought the game is good. I got upto majima's story and just moved onto other games. The game itself is fine, but its more the same over and over

Ace Combat

Attached: post-stall jousting.webm (1024x576, 2.94M)

go back to resetera

This. Emulated it recently, still god tier.

Attached: 220px-Sleeping_Dogs_-_Square_Enix_video_game_cover.jpg (220x290, 37K)

I unironically think Bamham's freeflow is good. It forces you to prioritize enemies, allow for some crazy bullshit with the gadgets and has cool finishers

>sekiro

DMC5s combat is still better, its only downfall is that the game is way too easy for it to shine

that was 8 years ago newfag, modern Yea Forums is twitter and facebook refugees

you really can't compare Sekiro to DMC5.

They are different types of games. Sekiro would be better compared to Dark Souls.

The first time I played a yakuza game felt like I had fallen for a massive practical joke. They're fucking garbage. I guess they were celebrated by people just because they weren't mainstream and that made them feel cool. But it turns out they had low sales because they were shit.

F.E.A.R

Attached: 1532864330846.jpg (2610x4640, 2.19M)

ya-"there are literally no rules to combat and enemies will break out of combos based on whether they feel like it or not, among other issues"-kuza does not qualify as a game with good combat

God of War. Enemies don't just just wait for their turn to get juggled. They don't give a shit what flashy shit you're trying to do, they'll zip behind your back and attack your flanks anyway

Attached: quick turn.webm (640x360, 2.98M)

I love Yakuza but the combats shit and always has been. 0 is the most its been acceptable, but its still shit.

god of war is for people who like movies and shit gameplay
I'll stick to yakuza thank you

>People still take OP's yakuza bait
Hilarious. It's been months, idiot

>Doom Brutality
>Vanquish
>DMC5
Yea

I never liked this style of combat, with all the overdone swings, flashes and screen shake. People argue that it feels powerful, but I think it's actually the opposite. When I see something like that I expect opponents to die in one hit, and preferably turn into a fountain of blood, and if they blocked, their weapon should shatter into atoms. This is not the case so it means that the protag is the weakest creature in existence.

Based

Garbage.

This

Yakuza combat is fucking dogshit, there are basically only TWO types of styles:

>style with a string so powerful that all you have to do is keep spamming that one string. If you do anything else you're gimping yourself and just get killed, but man that one string... just spam it and you stunlock the planet
and
>style with lots of gimmicks that sound cool on paper but you can never pull them off because they didn't design it for humans, so you end up dicking around with these weirder styles, getting almost killed, then you switch to the "stunlock string spam" style

It's fucking horribly designed. You literally have to police yourself.
If you use the OP broken style then the game becomes boring, but if you use the gimmicky style you don't get anywhere near as fast

>sekiro
if you think this then you don't play action games, sekiro is serviceable
i fucking hate FROMdrones who think the combat in souls games are the best shit ever

god of war is mediocre
there's just so much shit wrong with it I don't know where to begin

Dota 2

Attached: void dancing.webm (1280x720, 2.6M)

Mount and Blade does all that but better since a group of enemies will actually fuck your shit up and not just stand there waiting for your stupid jumping attack to finish.

Attached: ufc3.jpg (342x428, 29K)

>enemies surround you and stand still waiting to get beat up
yakuza is an alpha simulator for betas

You're just biased as fuck for whatever reason. It's an objectively great combat system and easily the game's strongest selling point

Like what, you gonna recite talking points from the MatthewMatosis video, like everyone else who wants to shit on the game without ever having played it?
The move assist is not even that prevalent, watch Kratos whiff attacks on enemies that are 2 feet away in this webm because you actually slide into position waaaay less often than MM says you do. The camera zooms out to Kratos' feet once you start swinging, and you can turn it to watch your sides / back while comboing an enemy

Attached: whiff.webm (768x432, 3M)

This. It's not deep, but it's fun and satisfying as fuck. I also like the preadator stealth, especially the stuff in Knight.

You have to make your own fun. Shit like in this webm is gay and I actively avoid doing it ever. And Batman is always lunging like this when you let your freeflow combo get into the orange. But constantly using up your freeflow combo charge to do stylish gadget moves, takedowns and whatever else is awesome. Especially if you are really good and mix it up between all the different charged gadgets and abilities

Attached: batman lunge.webm (1280x720, 1.35M)

Mad Max combat is really fun, probably the best Bamham clone in that regard. Too bad the game gives you less and less good fights to get into the further you progress through the game / more abilities you unlock / better you get at the combat. Like this webm is just a combat arena from a fort you can only do ONE time

Attached: Mad Max pro wrestler.webm (700x450, 2.97M)

I know there's a bunch of Yakuza games but how many total systems are they spread out on if I wanted to play from beginning to end?

PS3 and PS4 (or PC)

Yakuza 0 - PS4/PC
Yakuza Kiwami (remake of 1) - PS4/PC
Yakuza Kiwami 2 (remake of 2) - PS4 (PC port is soon)
Yakuza 3 - PS3
Yakuza 4 - PS3
Yakuza 5 - PS3
Yakuza 6 - PS4

spinoffs:
Kenzan - PS3 (Japan only)
Ishin - PS4 (Japan only)
Dead Souls - PS3

how did you possibly think this weak video of you killing three dumb enemies in a row who don't even block with basic strings was a good example?

Play Yakuza 0 first, and when you get bored as fuck before it's even over, do the intelligent thing and stop there. Anyone who buys all the games first is an idiot.

were 1 and 2 remade only because they're old or will 3-6 eventually come to PC as well?
Which one was the one where the japs flipped their shit about the voice actor snorting coke?

>Yakuza Kiwami 2 (remake of 2) - PS4 (PC port is soon)
It's been out for more than a month.

Ninja Gaiden 2, Bayonetta and to include a new game, Sekiro. The best action games I've played.
youtube.com/watch?v=AQVGcaghu0k

>Which one was the one where the japs flipped their shit about the voice actor snorting coke?

That was Judgement. An unrelated game made by the guys who made Yakuza

It's not even the cutscenes that bother me (even though there are a lot and they're quite slow) it's the hours of conversations you have to sit through while character models stand around staring at each other blankly. There is literally hours of this, it's what you spend most your time doing. And by the time you're fighting the last boss, less than 0.00001% of them actually mattered. Sometimes I feel like Yakuza games are more like timesinks for people with absolutely nothing to do instead of games. They could all be great if they stripped back the tedium but it seems what most people want is 100 hours of "content" even if only 10 of them are enjoyable.

Free-flow of PoP:WW was fantastic. Literally every button for every position and combination did a different move.

Attached: 657929[1].jpg (1440x1080, 1.16M)

>third person shooter - theyre all shit
Play S4 League or GunZ

Attached: dmGrave1.webm (720x450, 2.79M)

This must feel better to play than it is to watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=oz8gdggfBkY

Transformers Devastation is the best action game ever made and if you disagree you can fight me.

/thread
it's been nearly 15 years and has yet to be topped

Why did GunZ 2 have to be such an abortion

this too, but unironically
if only it wasn't so clunky

>rdr2 free aim on a controller
you poor retard

Indeed. I realize that among the quite numerous webms I have about this game, I'm not sure if some can really be considered really appealing for someone who don't play the game
I didn't try it, but I heard they removed the cancels and such who made GunZ great to play in the first place. It doesn't help that there were little to no advertising, if I didn't hear about it on Yea Forums I would never have guessed hey tried to make a sequel

Attached: Glorified_DM_featuring_semi_rifles_and_a_fumbi.webm (768x614, 2.95M)

BLACK OPS 4 when stoned on blackout modes, when you know how to go full reflex ninja with a knife and get 14 kills in a row it feels amazing

Yeah, spamming mouse 1 with some of the most horrible hitboxes known to man is really fucking exciting.

I also wish someone would develop a proper third person shooter with stylish action elements that ISN'T a fucking F2P grindfest. GunZ, S4, and (on the other end of the spectrum) Warframe all scratch that mechanical itch but are just miserable to play.

We haven't had a proper one since Vanquish. It kills me.

Max Payne 3

let's not mention the fact that those enemies you're fighting have to be taken down specifically, you can't just keep smacking them and hoping they inevitably get knocked out like every other enemy, you /have/ to do the ground takedown, or use one of the environment takedowns.

I won't deny I don't have much going on in life so it's nice to have something that will distract me as long as a yakuza game. western games usually don't have more than 8 hours in them and I'm not a fan of rpgs. yakuza is ideal for avoiding life for a while. I only wish they'd confirm the rereleases of every game. I will replay all of them happily.

doom 2016
serious sam
Bushido blade
fear
unreal
dark messiah
Insurgency
resident evil 4
sleeping dogs
gaucamelee

I love Yakuza, but its combat is easy. Now this is a Yakuza with Good(Not Great) combat.

Attached: fist-of-the-north-star-lost-paradise-565137.11.jpg (1500x1500, 330K)

Was just about to post this.

Probably one of my favorites TPS for the gunplay alone.

Attached: 1406580749503.gif (328x205, 2.42M)

Thanks for posting this. I forgot about this game since I haven't played it in a while, but it had amazing combat that's not very obvious from watching. There's actually very specific angles and camera turning you have to do that allows you to basically do superhuman motion and dodge as well as strike out on opponents without them being able to react quickly enough. And you have to pull off those jumps in the heat of battle and not miss even a single jump or else it all just falls apart. It really makes you feel like an anime character when you're both dodging each other and hopping off buildings and walls while trying to melee.

Attached: chivalry without the bullshit 4.webm (1000x562, 2.97M)

What kind of combat mods make Skyrim bearable?

>people post batman webms
>LOL LOOK AT THAT COMPLETELY PASSIVE AI JUST WAITING FOR HIM TO BEAT THEM UP
>people post yakuza webm
>WOW GOTYAY AMAZING
i dont get it

falseflagging should be bannable

>style on his ass with an A-10

punk ass fuck outta here

this. someone should post a bunch of good yakuza combat webms

Dark Messiah
Halo 1- Reach
Warframe
Kingdom Come

The combat in that game was simple but it looks so scrappy and brutal I never got bored watching Max do arm bars and suplexes.

same, with the skip cutscenes mod it's quite replayable as well.

lol

user, all those webms were made by people trying to show off how cool yakuza combat is. They're not bait. They might be now, because they reveal how shit those games really are. But that's honestly what the combat is like. You fight the same passive punchingbags a million times over. They don't attack you and you just mash your way to victory again and again or push the COOL ANIMATION button to watch a video of you killing the bad guys. It sucks.

Dash ,left click spam and a cineatic finisher is god tier combat.
I didn't know that assasin creed 2 had god tier combat.

I was showing a friend Yakuza because I'm a huge fan, but having someone else in the room made me hyper aware of how autistic it is. He wasn't being mean about it or anything, he indulged me, but suddenly I noticed JUST how much time is spent reading conversations or walking to conversations or doing the same kinda boring fights over and over again. I told him it opens up more later and there's minigames and stuff but I could tell he just thought I was an autist

One of my personal faves.

Attached: TWEWY.jpg (1396x1396, 617K)

wow I guess people can have worse taste than believing yakuza has good combat

>being this much of a faggot

He's wrong about TWEWY, which is fine. But Yakuza really is dogshit.

I was actually responding to him about TWEWY. Don’t really know too much about Yakuza.

fucking based

>doing the same attack 5 times
>cinematic cuckshit
GOD TIER
lmaooo fuck outta here

>fpwp

>hitboxes
nigga you have no idea
the melee combat isn't hitbox based, it's a distance check plus whether you have your cursor on them or not
It's why NOBODY has managed to fix Skyrim's combat in like 7 years of the most industrious mod scene ever seen

Best first-person shooting combat: Doom (any of them except 3), F.E.A.R. (1 only), Blood, Quake (1 or 3), Duke Nukem 3D

Best first-person melee combat: Dark Messiah of Might and Magic (it's a shame that there's really nothing else that even comes close to getting first-person melee right)

Best third-person shooting (3D): Resident Evil 4

Best third-person shooting (2D): Gunstar Heroes

Best third-person melee (3D): Bloodborne, God Hand

Best third-person melee (2D): Streets of Rage 2, Sengoku 3, Denjin Makai, Guardians (aka Denjin Makai II)

>The Punisher

Arcade or PS2?

Post your DMCV gameplay

>Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Eh, the actual combat is pretty lackluster, its the environmental shit and physics stuff that makes it stand out. And only because it turns the game into a FPS Double Dragon
Great game nonetheless

where do i start with ace combat?

>Best third-person shooting (3D): Resident Evil 4
Dead Space is miles ahead, especially 2. Some TPS singleplayers have surprisingly amazing multiplayer combat, like Mass Effect 3.

Jap combat is all style and no substance

Anywhere that isn't Assault Horizon.

People give Resident Evil 6 a lot of shit for going full retard but its action is about as close to John Wick simulation we're gonna get

Play HAWX.

gotchu sempie
3mb soundless webms aren't enough to capture the magic, i know

Attached: dueling.webm (640x360, 2.92M)

youtube.com/watch?v=LjRzhrWtpPA

Do anything but what this fag says

HAWX is way better than any AC.

But that's not why people play Resident Evil games. They should have made a new series.

Mordhau

/thread

Attached: MORDHAU 2019.06.15 - 04.22.07.97.DVR.webm (640x360, 955K)

Attached: chivalry without the bullshit 2.webm (1000x562, 2.99M)

What the fuck else is there to play RE for? The story's always fucking retarded, the horror atmosphere only existed in the first game, the zombie genre has to be the most oversaturated and blanderized genre in existence to make for a unique setting, and none of the games ever offered any kind of visual spectacle.

i wish hk cinema never died
why can't vidya be this kind of cinematic instead of the other walkfest one?

Attached: dueling2.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

this look like gunz: the duel but cartoony

What's wrong with yakuza games?

This map was great, you would always get caught in this area because of that giant ass pole.

I could see how you would come to that conclusion, if you were retarded

Surprised Monser Hunter hasn't been mentioned, combat can be super solid and satisfying with some of the weapon classes.

Based. Port when?

MH is good, but it's not God Tier by any memes.

How many times are you faggots going to fall for this obvious false flagging retard

it's the ut to gunz' quake
only thing is being mechanically simplistic and pacing is a bit slow
the only downside is having to chase everyone around with how big the map is

Attached: touchdown.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

Kek I was deciding to get into the Yakuza series but these videos make the games look like trash.
Thanks for saving me from wasting my time and money.

Attached: 1525017761017.png (550x588, 450K)

Why do you intentionally try to make people dislike Yakuza OP? Whats your problem?
The combat IS actually good but of course you will never post a good webm of it, because you're a false flagging cunt.

Attached: Mr_Shakedown_Shaken_Down.webm (640x360, 2.16M)

Then thats your fault for reponding to this falseflagging faggot with his cutscene webms
Notice how he only shows combat against the most basic enemies

It's got better physics, more dynamic combat, the free flight mode makes for both more picturesque and more skillful gameplay, the missions are more varied, and the environments are more interesting. Only thing AC has at its side is story, and gameplay always matters more than story.

The combat was so good that every 3rd person shooter since has copied it and now the combat sucks because it’s overplayed

Attached: BDF40EE3-FDAB-4C2B-B9D1-9746357F4FDA.jpg (220x301, 23K)

>make game about the yakuza
>give it really involved story with hours of cutscenes and drama
>make the combat some weird arcade beat 'em up with characters going super saiyan and flashy visuals and sound effects

Japan, what the fuck?

But this isn't representative of yakuza. this is practically like showing a modded clip. you're the one falseflagging, which is ironic.

These webms don't show you what Yakuza games are really like. Open any playthrough of the games on youtube and go to any point in any video and you'll see that 90% of them are talking to people on the street and then having to walk to another conversation. Sometimes there is a fight between conversations but they are the ones against enemies that don't attack you

does this webm show how I'll be spending most of my time playing these games?

Based

lol, not only is that not even good gameplay, but it just proves how shit yakuza games really are.
the only "proof" of good gameplay in yakuza games is one or two bossfights, over the course of 7 whole games, and even then there are all these self-imposed rules like intentionally not bringing healing items into battle and not using all the attacks available to you
you have to intentionally gimp yourself AND only fight a certain way, during ONE particular boss fight just to make the games look SORT OF good

99.999999999999999999999999% of the time you will be beating up enemies that don't even attack you or reading boring conversations while character models stare at each other blankly

seething

>IGNORE ALL THOSE WEBMS WHERE THE ENEMIES DO NOTHING AND THE PLAYER SPAMS HEAT MOVES, LOOK AT MY WEBM IT SHOWS REAL YAKUZA GAMEPLAY
Those guys might not have been flaseflagging, but you definitely are. Get out of here with that garbage. Look at it you blind weeb, it's shit.

B A S E D
Not based.

Attached: kick.webm (960x540, 2.99M)

>better physics
gravity literally doesn't exist in hawx
>more dynamic combat
what does this even mean
>free flight mode makes for both more picturesque and more skillful gameplay
bad bait
>the missions are more varied
literally every mission in Hawx is copied from Ace Combat
>the environments are more interesting
bad bait

Not gonna lie, that's pretty fucking incredible. Seiko seems like a game you can get through in a pretty boring way if you have to, but just being able to do this shit and that it rewards you for it is awesome.
I think my favorite thing about Yakuza fans having a meltdown when forced to face reality is all the evidence they post to show how great the games are only make them look worse

cope

Attached: btfo.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

Attached: 1560558623453.jpg (255x301, 67K)

Enlighten us, oh master of game development

do you feel better after saying that? lol, can't even pull a rebuttal out of his ass. stay mad I guess

>still replies
we get it already, you're mad...

Imagine gameplay so shit that fans of the game think footage of the gameplay is bait that only exists to make the game look bad

Maybe at that point it's time to just accept the gameplay isn't that good?

>a game you can get through in a pretty boring way if you have to, but just being able to do this shit and that it rewards you for it is awesome.
having a high enough skill ceiling should have been mandatory on all games after pong

Attached: average katana action.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

damn...
you're right...

What is that, a new Gunz: The Duel with cosplay V?

I'm going to choose to believe you and not the person who only replied to say 'seething' who has yet to explain why you're wrong

my friend gifted me yakuza and i stopped after i spent about an hour in shit tutorials inbetween cinematic ally walking behind some guy talking at me about random nonsense

but it's set in japan user
there are japanese things in it

>new
it's 12(twelve) years old now

Attached: kylo ren with a katana.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

>Yakuza sucks
youtube.com/watch?v=xkN9oru-qCQ

Attached: 1356579150882.gif (240x192, 1.78M)

God of War is shit. It has an hour long intro with no gameplay and the main character literally raises another man's child.

>this retard
lol pass

>tells everyone to play yakuza
>also chimps out and gets mad as fuck when it gets too popular
What an unbearable faglord
Well he should be happy now, the sales figures plummeted after 0 anyway when people realised the yakuza series is boring movie garbage

dlc fucking when
We need fuckin...The Old Shinobis or something

what the fuck is that map, are there private servers now?

So if you're not a dirty weeb, you're automatically a redditor? Fuck off you humungous fucking nigger.

Lol Skyrim’s combat is worse than oblivion’s

Anything that isn't western is god tier combat, yes even the shittiest one is above the average western game.

would u say the combat is ace?

Attached: heh.jpg (647x644, 45K)

Wow an eceleb said he likes it, I guess the shit combat is great now
The same eceleb who dropped the series the moment it got popular

He only made videos about it because it was niche and it felt cool to be "the yakuza guy" but like a true shitheel hipster he lost all interest in it as soon as it got a wider release

Bloodborne and Dark Souls III came out in Q1 and then had DLC the following Q4, so it stands to pattern recognition Sekiro will get DLC later this year. Plus every major From title since Dark Souls 1 has had DLC. We're in the clear, my friend.

Attached: 1560560073144.jpg (1280x1706, 1.09M)

Imagine a more modern m&b...

Attached: 1547648338476.jpg (386x467, 33K)

I knew about Yakuza but only as a series Yea Forums hyped up all the time, I never actually saw how it played, and I can't believe how shit it actually is.

>Vanquish 2 fucking never
You don't know how salty I am over that shit.

Never ever

What the fuck, I finished Yakuza 0 with some 80 hours clocked without ever knowing there was a Legend fighting style.

Attached: 1535408812085.png (1600x900, 978K)

only 2 types of people were ever hyping up yakuza, user. people who hype up anything that isn't mainstream in order to feel cool (these people have all dropped it now that 0 sold well and that there are pc ports) and the others are just literally autistic weebs who enjoy doing the same thing over and over and saying "wow, japan!" every 2 minutes

Bought yakuza because an eceleb made a montage of whacky moments from all the games. After 8 hours I accepted the reality is they are boring as fuck.

this is the reality for most people who play them

yeah
thank god since aeria isn't doing much with the ip besides farming whales

Attached: touchdown2.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

It's based on quality controls, but the actual abilities and pacing are mediocre.

This is 100% true

Attached: 2018-06-06-0015-56.webm (854x480, 2.69M)

lol cheeki boy

You gotta finish the cabaret and real estate minigames. The cabaret minigame isn't so bad except for the last rival's bullshit customer stealing, but goddamn if the real estate minigame didn't kill a few thousand of my brain cells. Kiryu's legend style is better imo though.

That's not true.
But that does happen in Yakuza 6

Just take a look at Air Combat on the PS1 just so you can see were everything began, after that you're golden with 2, 3 (with fan translation), 4, 5, 6 and 7.
There are MUCH more than that but those are the ones where you can go blind.