Controller thread

so, considering the fact that the new elite controller hasn't changed much, does that mean the new generation xbox controller will be pretty much the same?

Attached: xbox-elite-wireless-series-21.jpg (1090x586, 305K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SvkX1mpEUlg?t=523
youtu.be/YnZeI8uLJnw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

there's really not much to improve upon as long as they finally fixed the fucking easily breakable piece of plastic that holds the bumpers up and that rubber grip actually stays in place.

Attached: 1531375348955.jpg (1164x1200, 158K)

I have never used an xbox controller, but I've had 3 dualshocks, and two of them ended up having issues within 2 years. My last DS4 got drift on the right stick only in 5 months of use.
I really hope they do something about this in the next gen.

It's amazing that a "premium" controller has so many basic issues. At least the bumper is a cheap fix, shame that the rubber pieces aren't. Mine is just in a silicone cover to hold it together.

>$200 elite controller
>feels cheap as chips
why did Microshaft mean by this?

if you play on PC and don't buy a steampad, then you're braindead anyways

Wife got me one for christmas last year cause fuck spending that much on a controller. I only touch it when I'm playing DMC or need a specific button layout for certain games. Every time it's in my hands I feel like I'm holding glass. Not literally; it's heavy but if I dropped I know it would fucking shatter

it sounds like you're just a poorfag who's afraid to use a $200 controller

Probably no different for next gen, however:

I want the VMU to be a thing again. Maybe it doesn't have to be a memory card but I like the idea of a mini screen in your controller

Attached: Xbox controller prototype 5.jpg (899x1200, 124K)

>half the price of Xboner and Gaystation pads.
>better than both

Attached: Logitech F310.jpg (1920x1572, 407K)

Yeah well a mortgage does that to you

My understanding is that the 'new elite' was mainly to bring it inline with xbone S featureset. You have to remember, they were still using boards that ONLY supported the propritary wireless while the standard controllers have also included bluetooth for several years now.

heres mine
the true elite controllers

Attached: XS7BIOz.jpg (3264x2448, 698K)

I literally just want an Xbone controller with gyro, that's it
Hori almost made the perfect controller but there's no fucking gyro

Attached: 4310a8a16eb64aacab0d22000e825871_Large.png (600x600, 70K)

/thread

Attached: ss_db2d4943572b38e7687a361b03437ae2c27b4606.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 179K)

More interested if this one has a better cable port since that's one of the things that's flumsy and pretty shit on the normal controllers.

Problem is there's barely any games for PS4 that support gyro. Pressure devs for Switch-level gyro aim support and you might get somewhere.

This.
Also Steampad would have been a much better name than fucking Steam Controller.

xbox controller for pc gayman all the way baby

For me it's the Sf30pro.

Attached: sf30pro.jpg (425x425, 16K)

Who cares about consoles? On PC I can use gyro for whatever game I want.

t. logitech employee

It's this ergonomic? It's ugly as fuck and don't seem to fit in hands well.

Honestly I can't think of anything wrong with the Xbone controller.

Like it or not you have to because the console controllers are being made for a console audience. Switch games use gyro so you're going to have better luck finding it on pads designed for it.
I've got the Gameboy Pocket themed model myself and the thing's majestic. Great for Switch, great for PC, even pretty decent for mobile if you spring the extra $15 for the phone clip. I have no idea how those based HK/SZ chinks do it but they make some mint controllers.

Putting aside the absurd "gamer" marketing, is there anything at all worth it about the elite controller over buying a $50 one for my PC?
Like its really hard to rationalize how they justify charging so much

unm bro where's the d-pad bro?

Best part is the adjustable stick tension

>x360 lifecycle: 6 to 12 months
>steampad lifecycle: since release and counting
yeah, no

the steampad has gyro and its triggers feel so much better, on top of having the two back buttons and give you the possibility to personalize every single thing about it
playing that old shitty JRPG where circle and X are reversed for no reason? no problem, just rebind it
too lazy to keep pressing that shoulder button for your drone to keep shooting at shit when playing nier? no problem, just rebind it to be a toggle

Yeah, but I have no reason to care if the games support gyro, only the hardware.

Can you set the steam controller to dInput mode and customise the buttons?
Does it work without steam at all?

are you blind?

Attached: ss_db2d4943572b38e7687a361b03437ae2c27b4606.1920x1080.png (1920x1080, 1.04M)

And if none of the games support gyro on consoles, none of the controllers designed for those consoles will. Like it or not, if you want gyro on PC, you need gyro on console at the moment.

Gamepad with a trackball, so with can delete autoaim on consoles?

Honestly, the Steam Controller spoiled me. Say what you want about it's unorthodox shape, touchpads or being tied to Steam but backpaddles that can actually function as additional buttons, dual-stage triggers and gyro are straight improvements that should really be standard by next gen and I can't go back to any other gamepad just because of those.
I hope Microsoft at least sees the light on gyro so it can be added to the retarded xinput standard.

>dinput mode
what do you mean?

>customize the buttons
youtu.be/SvkX1mpEUlg?t=523
you can do any fucking thing with it

I was pissed during the first few months because it couldn't work with non-steam games, but then they updated it a few times and now you just gotta add it as a non-steam game to the library and launch it as big picture, and there you go, everything works
I've played a bunch of pcsx with it

wtf bro my thumb is not that big bro

It's absurd to me that the company that wanted to bundle kinect as standard with the xbone didn't think to include gyro for controllers.

bro just make the dpad smaller in the config

>That dpad

Attached: LQ.jpg (600x600, 18K)

I'm just using a DS4.

I remember using this to play IWBTG, it was fine but not really all that comfortable. I do like the button colors though and I wish Xbone would stop having the boring great colors.

I know right

it reminds me of MGS3 and it being the only fucking ps2 game using the square and circle buttons as two stages, and I can't fucking imagine why it wasn't reiterated later on

DirectInput mode. It's what came before XInput. It has it's uses, such as supporting up to 128 buttons. Some controllers like support it

Gyro is fucking retarded.

then don't use it

My concerns with the current Xbone controllet are:
>the analogs aren't durable enough
>L1/R1 should be softer, like PS4
>D-pad could be better, though to be fair it's mainly used to switch items and other non-action stuff

enjoy your autoaim

I tried the elite controllers v1, and I was disappointed a how loose the sticks were. I like my sticks extra snappy, they did do one thing right.

they said the xbone controllers will work with scarlett, so they can't do anything like add new buttons

Why should the bumpers be softer though? I like them clicky. The best case scenario is the next Xbox controller takes the adjustable tension of the Elite2 and puts it on the triggers and bumpers.

Gyro is great for shooters but sucks for everything else.

bro do you think i have phd in fucking internet technology bro?

Do you actually use it for shooters? Why? Just use M&KB.
Fight pad for Fighters
Xbox for action games

What games is the steampad worth using?

I use an xbone gamepad for modern games and an ibuffalo snes pad for platformers and older games.

have sex please

>buy game
>launch game
>turn on controller
>doesn't work as expected
>launch steam controller configuration utility
>fiddle with presets, hope one works
>end up configuring it bit by bit as you play
>even if it ends up working, touch pad stick is gimmicky as fuck
vs
>buy game
>launch game
>turn on controller
>play

Attached: 1534079317168.png (562x516, 339K)

>Just use M&KB
What if I don't want to?
You also need to remember that most shooters nowadays are made for consoles. So consolefags having a better aiming method may improve shooter design.

didnt even realize I had this many, I got a zapper and a wiimote in my storage

Attached: IMG_20190619_183707.jpg (4000x3000, 3.71M)

bro I can do this smarked off my fuckin can bro

anything that isn't an FPS, and even then you can play most FPS single players with it
when I'm too lazy to connect my x52 pro I just use it, works wonders on elite and even some WT (sim mode)

action games and TPS are even better with it due to pad aiming being absolutely fucking garbage, and on top of that in games where having a pad to move around (like in platformers or in stealth games) then you have both

literally no reason to pick xbone over it, you get everything and more for the same price

>wrapping cable around controller like this
literally worse than hitler
kys

It's interesting how we're starting to have such an explosion in 3rd party controllers that don't just feel like 2p controllers. It's a nice change. I played most of Valkyria Chronicles 4 on Switch with my SN30 Pro and it felt weird but a good kind of weird.

idk, I didn't have any issue with it with any game for the past two years
which game is giving you trouble user?

okay?

I have never and will never use that big butt looking controller go suck gabens dick more faggot

The shoulder buttons are horrid. My index finger hurts just thinking about it.

kb+m is the only real choice for shooters

>noooo I don't like changes, mommyyyyyy
go whine in another VR thread about how you'll still play on your screen in 20 years you wannabe boomer lmao

>so they can't do anything like add new buttons
they can add the same buttons on the back though

I would rather use my vr controllers to play a flatscreen game than use that stupid valve controller

what's wrong about that?

>they can add the same buttons on the back though
great

Attached: 1554649050555.jpg (814x500, 44K)

Well that's what I realized after playing Sekiro. Having parry at L1 is just terrible, for the very parry-intensive boss fights I have an easier time moving it to "Y"

Attached: 2019-06-14_10-35-02_PM-joxmjk43.jpg (1442x811, 196K)

what difference does it make?

The next Xbox is going to be backwards compatible with all one controllers meanwhile the ps5 is going to have some stupid bullshit gimmick like the touchpad that will be used by like 3 first party games early on then be forgotten about.

Do you still have to buy batteries for it?

you can configure the gyro on the steampad to use keybinds and change modes and shit though
like shaking it to do another action or turning it one side or another to have access to new keybinds

works wonders on games with a lot of keybinds, though of course not so much in console games

I'll take gimmicks over literally no progress in controller design for 20 years.

does anyone know if the built in steam link of samsung tv's supports wireless xbox one controllers? the official website doesn't have them on the list

"the Samsung TV App currently supports the following controllers:

The Steam Controller
Xbox 360 Wireless/Wired
Xbox One Wired
Logitech F510 / F710"

It's easier access and requires less effort to push, so overall I parry better. L1, to me, is a terrible location for such a crucial action
I also disable the crouch left analog on boss fights because very often my dude crouches when things start to get intense and I press it by mistake

Attached: 2019-06-14_10-35-08_PM-jrexywda.jpg (3376x1899, 641K)

all it does is make things shitty for backwards compatibility and emulation.

Will this model not be prone to defects this time?

Microsoft doesn't license out the proprietary wireless tech for xbone controllers, so unless it connects over bluetooth you're SOL (though you can get an 8bitdo adapter to work around this if you have an xbone controller that supports bluetooth)

Idk, I use Y for items, and L1 sounds like a good location for the parry button to me

Just got a 8bitdo controller to play Mario Maker 2, did I do good?

Attached: 1560296804257.jpg (670x478, 46K)

I can use any controller I want on PC. Emulation is fine.

Try forming your own opinions based on your experience instead of seeking daddy's affection from a cesspit of jizz guzzling retards.

your dumbass doesnt understand. It means to make sure everything is compatible in the future they have to keep putting in that shit in the controllers forever. Microsoft is smart enough to not put any gimmicks in their standard controller. not even gyro which has been in all other controllers since the ps3 and wii. With emulation it when we get to the point where we are emulating games with stupid meme controls like infamous ps4 touchpad shit or even something as small as bloodborne's touchpad being 2 buttons it just complicates things. your going to have to keep a ps4 controller around just to play a few specific games or bind shit to a keyboard. Its obvious that going forward every console from microsoft and sony are going to be backwards compatible forever until we get to streaming only. sony should drop that shit now

Trust but verify

Good for handlets

So we should stick to a mediocre gamepad design from 20 years ago that is completely unsuited to certain genres just because it's convenient? Fuck that. Bring on the gimmicks until we have a gamepad design that that actually works.

Nigga, the thing hasn't even arrived, use your brain moran.

If you're mostly going to be playing them you're probably fine. I imagine making would be a pain with the tiny thing and poorly positioned joysticks

So you didn't get it. Why say you got it then? Dipshit.

I bought it but they haven't arrived.
I intend to use the screen to actually create.

>I bought it but they haven't arrived.
So. You. Didn't. Get. It.

Good gyro controls rival kb/m easily
the crux is that there's a steep learning curve, but it's just as capable

Then you will be fine.

If you happened to get the one with the diagonal start and select buttons (low chance since that revision is out of production) you're going to want to open it up and put hold reinforcers around the dpad contacts because those early models have a faulty dpad

show me a pro using one against kb+m opponents at an event

I hope so. I love my Xbox controllers.

Literally did.
I got the sn30 pro

>analogs/gyro/trackball is just as good as mouse dude trust me
every fucking time

I just want an Xbox styled controller with a gyroscope for PC. I use the Switch Pro one right now but no analog triggers makes it less good for some games.

Why did they censor the d-pad?

It's not as capable. Gyro's have drift and you still need another input for quick, large movements. Mouse can do both easily.
It's close though and certainly a huge step up from dual analogs.

Personally I play all of my games with a theremin. Here's a video of me and my theremin. Also here's a picture I took of mine recently.

youtu.be/YnZeI8uLJnw

Attached: .jpg (750x736, 43K)

>Literally did.
Then just try it out yourself instead of asking others on how it feels.

not even going to bother with you at this point

>I got the sn30 pro
Yeah I know, that's what I'm talking about. Early model SN30 Pros (which you can identify by diagonal start and select buttons) have faulty dpads, and they can be fixed like I said. Chances you got an old one are low, but just keep it in mind just in case

I received the first gen Elite controller as a gift, and it felt pretty shitty. There was stick drift at the start, and repairing it was pretty much impossible at the time. Since I took it apart, I voided the warranty. I took it around back and blasted it with a 12ga.
Get a regular Xbone controller.

Attached: 24.png (250x369, 94K)

What's wrong? If you've gotten it, then this should be easy, right?

>Get broken controller
>Void the warranty instead of just getting a new one
>Mad that you didn't bother to return it
Dipshit, that's not a common issue.

I've fixed regular Xbone controller stick drift beforehand. I expected the same, considering it was an easy method to adjust.