Did it have a good story?

Attached: dmc 5.jpg (460x215, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/-cX3j9-1DxY?t=47
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

For a DMC, yes

For a DMC, no

For a DMC, maybe

It's okay. It's obvious fanwank, but none of the DMC games have great stories.

For a DMC, I don't know

its funny that every review i've seen shitting on the game has their footage playing and they're absolute dogshit at the game. One reivew showed footage of him not even using the lock on feature the whole time. Why cant someone who's actually good at the game make a critical video about it?

no
gameplay is amazing though

Explain.

No. It started interesting but it really went in a shallow direction in the latter half part. But people just play DMC for the gameplay, so it's okay if the story is a burning trashfire even though people liked the story in DMC3 which was better all things considered.

>Story
3 >>>>>> 5 > 1 > 4 > 2 >>>>>> DmC
>Gameplay
3 = 5 > 4 > DmC > 1 > 2

There are less than a dozen videogames with a good story e.g. Pathologic, The Void, Silent Hill 2, Shadow of the Colossus etc.

Titles like Deux Ex, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Nier, Metal Gear Solid and The Last of Us are mainstream garbage designed to fool you into thinking you're playing something meaningful.

Titles like Devil May Cry, God of War and Resident Evil are just braindead nonsense for time wasting pleasure.

Silent Hill 2 has a shit story. It's literally "aww dude, I got a letter from my wife, better go to Silent Hill", where you're treated to terrible dialogue and writing in an "" "" "" attempt "" "" "" to emulate Lynch while also falling short. Basically nothing happens throughout the course of the plot and James comes to the conclusion he's retarded.

It was solid, but the pacing was way too fast at times and left too little time for character interaction. If the game had more money with which to have more Missions and cutscenes to space things out, it'd be a lot better. Vergil should've been around for a quarter of the game at least instead of the last leg.

>DmC gameplay over 1
Even if you mean just the feel of combat and not level/enemy/boss design that's still wrong.

Attached: 1560177395585.jpg (374x446, 20K)

why does no one ever back up anything they say? its just sweeping statements

As a concept, but the actual pacing, execution and conclusion of events were very rough.

DMC5's story is only good for diehard fans.

If you're not already invested in the canon and reading up on side-material then the story doesn't really make any sense. Its kind of like MGS4, but the story isn't quite as shitty.

It's a bad story, just not a bad DMC story.

I literally just explained my opinion. SH2 attempts to emulate David Lynch style dialogue and falls on its face so badly that it comes off as though a literal elementary school child wrote it. Once you get past that, the plot is thin and very little happens. James acts retarded in a way that strip away all manner of immersion.
It's all just a vehicle for the spooky scary Jacobs Ladder monsters.

>hey nero, how'd you get that regular arm?
>i dunno lol
no

By unlocking his Devil Trigger he has more advanced regeneration. Pretty simple, and connects to how DT heals in gameplay.

Can he just remove his arm now?

Last Nero scene shows that Nico started making Breakers that are gloves instead of full arms.

Does anyone know the name of the OST when Nero stops Dante and Vergil?

Pretty sure that's Legacy, just the instrumental portion/version.

Wrong actually. The nu-Breakers are still full arms, but Nero de-materialises his entire forearm and they attach like that. you can even see it when he's in DT with a Breaker equipped or when switch to the next Breaker

A few frames before he puts it on, his arm turns transparent, so I was confused as to whether they actually were gloves or just regular devil breakers and he "turned off" his arm.

Honestly 3 is a genuinely great action story with a lot of heart

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

It had great characters and fanservice, but the actual story was mediocre.

I checked it before asking, yeah- but it has some violin instead of what it is in the game cutscene.
youtu.be/-cX3j9-1DxY?t=47

It's decent, but it's nothing special. It's cliched and heavy-handed.

It had V. What else could I want?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-17-17-41-27.png (720x1280, 677K)

i like rebellion more in DmC than Alastor in DMC1, fight me

can't fight stupid

no, but Nero Dante and Vergil are super fuckable which is always more imporant than story

DMC1,3 and 4 were better

kek