STAR FOX

wassup Yea Forumsros, here's a Starfox thread.
Just out of curiosity, what would make playing experience in the games better?

Attached: star_fox_arwing_by_apex1124-d326pgg.png (900x506, 472K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IBT0WB9dtdc
youtube.com/watch?v=TrX_5GSYUXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hP8tDqeuoVk
youtube.com/watch?v=_P5IODdSI9s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nigga there's a thread here already

T-H-R-E-A-D T-H-R-E-M-E
youtube.com/watch?v=IBT0WB9dtdc

Attached: How-Star-Fox-Zero-Actually-Stands-Up.jpg (1920x1080, 67K)

Replayability. Star Fox has all the core mechanics it needs.
>rapid laser fire for standard attacks, leads into bigger assaults
>lock-on. A focused blast that's appropriately rewarding
>bomb. Finite but very powerful
>extreme maneuverability

The bomb's absence is especially felt in Starlink, where fights can go on for way too long.
All the core formula lacks really is a replayable environment. Star Fox 64 was great for its time but making tight on-rails environments like that is probably more intensive than devs want to invest in, and they're the buggers we need to convince to make the games in the first place.

Imagine a game without bombs.

A mix of StarFox Adventures (getting out of your ship and exploring dungeons) and Assault, with some planetary traversal like Starlink.

Miyamoto is always trying to dumb this series down, when it could be so much more

Like a large scale 3D version of blaster master. If they gave it as much consideration and budget as a Zelda game it could really be something

Starfox is a reskinned After Burner / Space Harrier.

I'm kinda shocked Nintendo hasn't posted Starfox Zero over yet to switch. From what I understand, the controls were ass and that's why most people hated it, but if they included traditional controls then that would probably help.

Anyways, other than that, I would want Starfox 64 in HD. Maybe add online co-op, leaderboards, or dogfighting. Get the controls down and make it a joy to play, and of course add multiple pathways for different difficulties. Maybe even add some RPG elements like upgrading your Arwing or being able to customize it. The game just needs to return to the basics honestly.

That's just sad, we could use some more content in them.

I mentioned ship customizing in another thread, I wonder how far you would want that part to go.

Starlink had the right idea. The next Star Fox should give its chracaters and gameplay equal focus.

Couldn't agree more.

So many Starfox threads.

youtube.com/watch?v=TrX_5GSYUXQ

Attached: 44572545_p1.jpg (1900x1200, 757K)

starlink support has already ended along with its toy line and it only sold on the switch because it had starfox content. it was a financial disaster for ubisoft.

Should they redesign the characters?

Attached: foxtales_1920.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

We need Starfox 64 / Lylat Wars 2.

Stop rehashing the Lylat wars story line, either have a war with another solar system or focus on a rebellion on fewer planets.

Yeah, it's better to move on from that.

Attached: star wolf fichina.png (1024x1005, 1.11M)

Starlink is half off now. Should I try it out if I only care about the fox cameo and nothing else?

Yes, play it.

What type of bosses would go good in a modern era?

Attached: jpgship.jpg (690x388, 29K)

What would that even be like?

Star Fox in HD would sell a lot nowadays.

3D isn't HD enough? Online scoreboards would be nice.

youtube.com/watch?v=hP8tDqeuoVk

It actually looks pretty damn nice by itself.

Well the reality says otherwise since both zero and star link didn't sell.

Zero didnt sell 1 million. star link sold 80% of its units on switch, 20% split between xbone/ps4, ubisoft wont tell anyone the number but have ended support and discounted it.

Post some good sounding Starfox themes.

I could understand why...

I haven't played Star Fox since SF64, has anything good actually came out since then?

Everybody I know that is still into star fox is a furry or autistic, so it's hard for me to be sure

that may have always been the case though, I remember my first exposure to furshit was from star fox fan pages in the late 90s

Attached: star fox.jpg (1280x720, 91K)

Attached: GREAT.png (1024x768, 616K)

There's SF2 and a few others.

what got you guys drawn to Star Fox?

I think there's still legit normal people who are into it.

I wasn't even ten years old when I played 64, so I probably just liked it because it had cool space ships and I liked how the characters looked.

Attached: StarFoxPromotionalPoster.jpg (848x1106, 195K)

I was kinda young when I watched my brother play it.

I wish they’d release starfox 3D on switch
I fucking love that remake but the 3ds is just uncomfortable for those kinds of games

I think he looks cool in that picture.

I would love that so hecking much, I think if I were to get a Nintendo Switch I would get one just to play that.

God those Arwings in the OP pic look great.

Attached: star_fox_arwing_by_apex1124-d326pgg.png (1920x1080, 2M)

It'd be nice to use that in a game.

What if Fox McCloud looked more like an actual fox while still retaining some cartoon characteristics, while also using the fighters in this pic?

One of my earliest gaming experiences was going to a neighbor's house and he had the original on SNES. When I got my own SNES a little later he straight up gave me his copy because he'd already played it to hell and back.

So I was already hooked on the basic formula when 64 came out. I remember there was a fucking promotional video VHS that either came with Nintendo Power magazine or was associated with it, which was basically just a half hour advertisement for both the rumble pak and SF64
I was so hyped

then the game came out and it was fantastic and I've always wanted more games like the original and 64 but they went full fucking retard and decided to do a platformer on a dinosaur planet and they've never returned to the tight, on-rails perfection that it used to be

every installment they fuck it up with some unnecessary gimmick
Zero could have been a good game but Miyamoto is obsessed with reinventing the wheel

I think it was the first game to feature 3D graphics in a SNES game.

I think so. I guess that could be considered its original gimmick. 64 had all-range mode and the rumble pak.

Maybe Star Fox has always just been a platform for new gimmicks and I never noticed. But at least back then the gimmicks didn't intrude on the on-rails core of the game.

Zero's camera makes it straight-up unplayable and I think Miyamoto is going senile because there is no way he could sit there and not realize that looking at your Wii-U gamepad will simultaneously looking at the big screen and switching back and forth was really unintuitive and retarded

Is there something that you would add to make the on-rails dog fights better than they already were back in the day that would fit with today's standard?

Not really. I'm in the camp that thinks they pretty much nailed it back then.

When I hear people say "you can't just do StarFox 64 again" my answer is why the fuck not

just add more levels, maybe tweak the multiplayer, things like that. Add some new vehicles for a few stages if you want. But the core is solid and doesn't need to be changed, just expanded on.

Zero can't work with traditional controls, the game was designed around the motion controls and using the tablet to aim. You generally got absolutely fucked by half the bosses in the game if you tried to play like previous games and fly toward whatever you're aiming at.

how did they not realize the control scheme was completely ass and just stop

Could a StarFox Remake be the one to bring many new fans and old fans into it?

Attached: fox group.jpg (537x716, 140K)

If Miyamoto says something, it's final and everyone is too scared to argue.

>Miyamoto: every iteration of a game should have completely fresh mechanics because otherwise it would just be the same thing plus more
>The Rest of Nintendo: here's Breath of the Wild 2 just like everybody wanted. Same thing plus more.
miyamoto is just wrong
he's lost his edge

I'm positive that a Starfox 64 remake for Switch would sell like hotcakes

More complex levels.

Attached: Venom1Paths.jpg (1710x1105, 828K)

I'd hand over the games to BamCo's Ace Combat team

damn some of those chubby foxes are eating good in the neighborhood

What sort of level designs would make you feel the most proud?

Attached: unnamedtwi.jpg (900x900, 97K)

That might sound like a great idea.

Branching paths or choices that would have an impact on the story. 64 had things like Slippy getting slapped by Spybot on Sector X and the missiles hitting Greatfox on Sector Z. Even if those things happened it didn't mean the game was over, it just went in another direction. I think a lot more could be done with this.

cocky little FREAKS

This! To be honest. It would take alot of tinkering because a lot of the game was based on the two screen but it would do able and probably could recoup the cost. Call it star fox zero rebirth.

Attached: Sector Y.webm (640x480, 2.66M)

I don't know man, the two screen and motion control thing is so deeply baked into Zero that I don't think it'd be worth taking the effort to do it

I want some really creative boss fights with some secret bosses and even secret areas to unlock.

Attached: Alien Sunset Wallpapers 1.jpg (1600x1200, 167K)

Here have been a lot of Star Fox threads these past few days. I guess I could chock it up to post-E3 blues. Every year I wait for a new Star Fox game to be announced and I always seem to be disappointed.

Attached: 1560925560999.jpg (3636x2044, 2.48M)

Attached: Area 6.webm (640x480, 2.82M)

Venom is so good
When you finally get on that true-ending hardest path
LET'S SEE HOW YOU LIKE OUR NEW SHIPS
the stone golem in the hallway
following your dad's ghost

just perfect

Don't forget seeing James as a shooting star in the end.

Attached: sf64 shooting star.webm (640x480, 2.84M)

my fucking heart....

Star Fox 64 has the only good-looking Arwing. It looks sleek and agile, but still robust enough to be a believably sturdy aerospace craft. Every other Arwing looks so flimsy it would come apart and pieces would just snap if you brushed against it. They hardly look airworthy, let alone capable of taking more than a single direct hit.

Attached: Arwing_64.jpg (310x226, 12K)

>the stone golem in the hallway
That's only on the easy route.
I actually always kind of wished that Hard Venom had an actual level leading up to the fight with Star Wolf.

Attached: 59876548_p0.jpg (1527x1080, 1.22M)

Nibba the Assault Arwing is kino.

Attached: 1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 39K)

>tfw Starlink is almost everything I've ever wanted from a bounty hunter Star Fox-esque game, but the gameplay is so repetitive it hurts

Attached: 1560899725531.jpg (339x354, 38K)

Starfox Adventures 2 when?

Jesus, no, it's an ugly piece of shit. Those wings don't even look like they would hold on against the wind at high speeds in atmosphere.

It's a Ubisoft game, so yeah that's about what I'd expect.

For me, this was the moment Star Fox died of embarrassment.

Attached: SFZ_Walker.jpg (1920x1080, 142K)

I take it you didn't play 2 then

It's not that bad, the Wolfen transformation is way cooler though.

Attached: pV2cX6m.png (1334x750, 915K)

I liked Star Wars and I went to a game store where they had a ton of N64 games behind a glass case half stacked on each other. I could only see the word "Star" on one of the cartridges and begged my mom to buy it because I thought it was Star Wars. I was too ashamed to express my disappointment when I saw it was something called Starfox but I played it anyway. Then I played it every day for years and loved every second of it and became a furry. It's probably my most played game to this day and it's still one of my favorites. If I still had a N64 and emulators didn't suck ass I'd probably be playing it right now.

All I want is more levels and for all range mode to play like Ace Combat.

And is much better than either of them.

I love how Venom 1 has a shit ton of enemies on screen, like it truly is Andross's last stand and he's throwing everything he's got at you. Bolse and Area 6 are excellent for building up the hype to get to Venom as well. Truly a "no turning back now" feeling.

Gerry Anderson but with furries the game

>I love how Venom 1 has a shit ton of enemies on screen
Especially on Expert. Holy shit, I still have difficulty sometimes getting through that level if I'm going for a good score.

Only Nintendo could manage to find a way to make a transformable starfighter so un-cool.

Attached: vf-1j-mtf-gerwalk.gif (1000x666, 78K)

You're absolutely wrong, as I've played the game with a GC controller using hacks. It's perfectly fine, and the only problems come from forced use of gyro for aiming in chicken walker mode, and the extent of the zoom out in boss fights, really fixed by switching to first person mode. It's all contrived shit in SF zero that actively holds the game back .

Star Fox is a soulless copy of Panzer Dragoon and a number of other Sega shooters. That is all.

Attached: zwei.webm (720x540, 3M)

>Star Wolf
>ship transforms into a wolf
>Star Fox
>Ship transforms into a chicken

Attached: 601.png (588x588, 54K)

>tfw no freelancer-style star fox game

Attached: 1532779877219.gif (500x451, 675K)

Attached: sf2.jpg (7016x4961, 1.99M)

Was going to say this

Attached: 1550306186271.webm (852x480, 2.93M)

Sweet, that would look sick af.

Considering the GC controller is one of the best controllers on earth im pretty sure you have no idea what shit you are typing.

Attached: 1450983663096.png (636x632, 39K)

I did and its shit. Thank god no one gifted me this as a kid. Glad it never came out.

The SF2 design didn't look like a chicken, and it was designed in such a way that it logically could have transformed into an arwing even if the concept was still pretty silly.

For the Star Fox Zero walkers they went full-on Bayformers and had designs that don't logically work or fit at all, and that goes for both the Arwing and Wolfen transformations. Not to mention that the Wolfens in Star Fox 2 didn't have a transformation mode and they didn't have the outlandish idea of turning them into robot wolves.

Everything about Star Fox Zero just pisses me off for some reason. It was a step in the wrong direction for the franchise and it probably set things back even further than Star Fox Command, which was already awful.

The last good game in the series was Assault but Miyamoto got pissed off because Andross wasn't the villain and he is autistically obsessed with repetition.

I honestly want to fuck Krystal unironically.

nothing is as bad as command. go and emulate if you don't believe me. a mess of half baked ideas with a dozen full retard endings.

Attached: sharpedges.png (256x384, 61K)

STEP ON THE GAS

Attached: 1541425707551.jpg (636x800, 100K)

>10 smash thread
>no one upsetti
>2 sf thread
>everybody lose spaghetti

Assault has the best Arwings

youtube.com/watch?v=_P5IODdSI9s

Attached: 1430860639289.png (750x711, 868K)

Seriously?

Attached: 1548042015672.jpg (750x1000, 68K)

Attached: 63902360_p0.jpg (750x1000, 791K)