What the fuck happened? What went wrong?

What the fuck happened? What went wrong?

Attached: MvCI.jpg (720x720, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FljmBUo7Szg
youtube.com/watch?v=bfiLrAxhf5g
youtube.com/watch?v=dCiifu6dV2s
youtube.com/watch?v=aBPkP2U8pTU
youtube.com/watch?v=NJ8siEfk4QY
youtube.com/watch?v=OmswDLScJ9I
youtube.com/watch?v=aKKFjNVZkHU
youtube.com/watch?v=BjQtipPaE0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Disney and MK. Disney fucked the base roster and art department, MK make Capcom believe that if they focus in the story mode, they could made up for that and to some extend they did, a lot of people give this game good feedback out of the story mode, but still, the story was trash, so the good feedback was short lived. The gameplay is really solid, but this is a crossover game, this products live of fanservice, so you can't pretend to sell something like this, with half of what the fandom wants missing, less content that previous games, and looking the way it did.

Ah, I see. I didn't know of the roster gutting. Also who cares about story mode in a fighting game! They can have one but it doesn't need to be anything deep.

capcom bandwagon hate, the game itself was decent

>Disney meddling
>Roster
>Extremely embarrassing story mode, even in the standards of fighting games
>Garbage art style that looked way worse then 3 that came out years prior
>Awful VA work and music, both of which were also nailed in 3
>Broken stone balancing at release
It eventually turned in to a decent game gameplay wise, but beyond gameplay the game is an a travesty. If you're really in to fighters I'd recommend pirating it to play around, it does have some good ideas.

Everyone knows the gameplay is good. What good is that when the roster is 95% recycled from Marvel 3, the art looks worse than Marvel 3 and the music is some generic shit like MCU movies

>Less characters than 3
>Barely anyone new
>No She-Hulk
>No Captain Commando despite having Captain Marvel

aka shit that doesn't matter in a fighting game

>Characters don't matter on a fighting game

Hello Comobfiend

>X finally gets in
>Its the worst entry

Attached: 1560669814076.png (719x718, 641K)

>X had even a bad moveset
>Has even poor stuff if compared to Zero

Really doesn't, they are all just functions. But thats if you actually play games for the gameplay and not superficial bullshit reasons

Alright then, going by those rules, where is my She-Hulk function?

The only real issue is the content, the roster needed to be as large as UMvC3 but it wasn't, it needed to be MORE than that to make up for all the presentation bullshit caused by MCU influence.

>Things that mattered that disappointed
Roster Size
Stage Variety
Fan Service

>Things that didn't but sucked anyway
Art Style
90% of Marvel's themes
50% of Capcom's themes
Voice direction (the director should be shot)

PR didn't help either, that fact that "functions" is still being meme'd is proof of that.

Presentation does matter in expensively developed games (IP licensing dosn't come cheap), without the extra $ from casuals it will bomb, and a bombed game wont likely see a follow up. The handeling of MvC:I sucks since I WANT more Marvel VS. games, but thats likely not going to happen now. At the end of the day user, presentation DOES matter.

not every function needs to be in the game

>Disney fucked the base roster
You mean Marvel fucked with the base roster. Fucking Ike and his grudge against characters that they can't make movies out of.

Post MvC dream teams
Mine's
>Jedah
>Gene
>Nero

>Dan
>Captain Commando
>Tekkaman Blade

>Game isn't out until next month
>Half these posts read like people have already played it

Attached: 1560862398918.png (645x773, 11K)

>She-Hulk
>Phoenix Wright
>Daredevil
MvC3 was so close to getting my dream lawyer team.

>Ike Perlmutter has an autistic meltdown because Fox won't sell film rights back
>demands all references to X-Men and FF to be removed from all cartoons and video games, under the logic that they're "promoting enemy movies"
>this, and Disney treating everything like a movie ad, fucks the Marvel side of the roster
>the Capcom side ain't much better
>the games graphics are ugly as hell
>bad music and VA
>the "functions" debacle

Attached: 1473889932463.jpg (500x281, 10K)

This isn’t Marvel Ulitmate Alliance 3 dumbass

While people shit on the game because of the presentation, what actually killed the game was the awful roster and the handling of the competitive scene.

Attached: TonyHawkMayCry.jpg (684x719, 101K)

>demands all references to X-Men and FF to be removed from all cartoons and video games, under the logic that they're "promoting enemy movies"
I remember when Marvel was trying to kill/replace X-Men with Inhumans. That was so fucking retarded.

You know they already had no faith in it when they didn’t call it MvC4.

The graphics are worse than MvC3 and graphics are very important in fighting games. Lame roster choices and designs because Disney gets a say in it. They forgot to add the SOUL.

>The fucking infinite stone tourament gimmick
>One let you rebind their controller
>One let you pick their characters
>One let you get the first hit IN A MAHVEL GAME

In a competitive market? Yes it does, why would I want to buy a game marketed as a crossover, if it makes my favorite characters look bad, sounds bad and cuts most of the fan favorites, while selling the few new characters it's adds as DLC, when I could buy Tekken, MK XL, Injustice 2, DBZfighterz and even the arcade edition of SFV? Presentation matters a lot, and the roster of a fanservice game like this even more.

Jedah was made with so much love, that it only hurts even more, knowing that all the work put in him, dies in MCI, alongside the future of Darkstalkers.

>Just pretending to be retarded

Attached: TECHNICAL MASTERPIECE.webm (1280x720, 2.51M)

sigma aswell

Attached: 1435418375049.gif (180x200, 908K)

>jin
>strider
>captin commando

>X and Sigma are finally in
>Game fucking sucks
Not fair bros

but the game doesn't suck

functions

I'm sorry Max but the game sucks dick I know you like it but this is the harsh cold truth

whats wrong with it

I'm surprised they dropped it considering it sold more than UMvC3

Sales-wise it didn't bomb, it sold over a million copies.

for something to have the marvel brand slapped on it in this decade and only sell just over a million, its a pretty big flop. They were probably expecting much higher

>movies
>tv shows
>comics
lots of flops with the marvel name on it

>muh X-men

This is all I heard from black people and the FGC.

>Jedah is fuck IN
>His moves and gameplay is fucking diamonds
>The game is the worst

Attached: dTCFP5d.png (1278x717, 1.71M)

>MVCI was reported to have a budget less than SFVs DLC
>not the game, but the DLC
>looks like shit because of this
>still sold a million copies
I really want to know the profit Capcom got from Infinite.

man, Jedah in mvci is probably one of my favourite fighting game characters of all time. Really hope he comes back in a potential sequel, they dont even need to change anything about him just copy and paste him

it was just advertising for the MCU. Roster was shit and it feels like it was a poor attempt to remake marvel super heroes from the arcade.

They literally fucking matter in a cross over game, where people buy them to play as their favourite characters.

>roster was shit
people keep saying this but there is nothing wrong with the roster

fags buy things because of marketing and brand recognition, not because of the characters in the game

Oh man, it will be years before Capcom stops hearing about "functions"
Wonder if their fighting game division have learned anything about PR since

That functions comment was unbelievable. Character designs sell more copies than untextured placeholder models ever will, Overwatch made a shitload of money from the waifu dressup and it's the only reason anyone remembers it anymore. Combofiend was paid so much to shill that he left reality behind.

Cool bait bro lol

You're a fucking moron.

Instead of doing fan service they resign comic costumes to look more cinematic focus since they can’t use the actual mcu, focus on a story that’s has so many out of character moments it could be a drinking game, it also starts in the middle of the story so you don’t get to even see what fucking happened you see the end results. Marvel’s Ike the kike refused to allow any characters they can’t make movies out of in the roster, even though marvel games are legally allowed to do use any characters they want it’s just the head decided to embargo them.

And my own personal pet peeve having x zero and sigma in the same game is lame as fuck why not finally have classic mega man meet the robot meant to kill him I can see x and zero team up in any game

People buy games because of marketing and brand recognition, do people actually think casuals give a fuck about characters in a game? Think of all the dumb casual shit that sells like mortal kombat, they have no idea what the roster is but will buy it anyway

It’s not so much as “shit”, but full of reused characters from a game we’ve played since 2011, and the new characters added are either dull or just unwanted. Not to mention a decent chunk of characters are cut out of an already small roster just to be sold as DLC. Having characters that appear in the story mode that you have to pay for is scummy.

Attached: Perfectly coded.webm (1022x576, 1.64M)

Or, you know, Capcom could actually make a new Darkstalkers game, instead of waiting for the rights to make a crossover game. Seriously, if anything, MVCI prove that, gameplay wise, Capcom can still make fighting games! STV fuck it's release content, and MVCI was fucked by it's license, it's to much to ask for them to learn of this, like they did with DMC and RE, and make a new fighting game, on their own, with MVCI quality gameplay, but a decent presentation? Jedah deserves better for fuck sake!

>marvel things happening in marvel

>a series that doesn't sell and nobody really wants
yes give us more darkstalkers! Even tho nobody really wants it!

the d*Sney jews happened

Attached: RE4 merchant.png (501x700, 20K)

The characters are the brand in a fighting game series. Yes, marketing can make ANYTHING successful (and even the shitty MvC titles sold a million copies or whatever), but there has to be something to market. At the very least the idea of the product has to exist before it can be presented and associated with things.

>brand recognition
You mean the fucking characters.

Attached: ghost rider.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

This. Every Vs. game has loads and load of jank, its actually part of their charm.

no faggot, just the name of the title or even the developers

Yeah, I am sure SF would do just fine selling a game without Ryu, Ken and Chun Lee, and MK could pass a game without Scorpion no problem.

This game died to hype up DBFZ but DBFZ ended up being a worse game with arguably worse DLC, but no one wants to admit it so they quietly let it die after it's first EVO.

Attached: 1370049873509.jpg (647x580, 107K)

>What the fuck happened? What went wrong?

A plethora of circunstances both within and out of Capcom's grasp.

>Game goes back to 2v2 over 3v3, alienating some of the fans
>Base roster has less chars than last 2 games, despite 80% of it being straight up ripped from UMVC3
>Awful PR from Combofiend just making fans angrier
>Fuck awful art style that was never adressed outside of Chun-Li's face in cutscenes and Dante's face in-game, his cutscene model still looks like a crackhead
>Terrible first impression with the demo, you get to fight generic mooks, and then lose to the boss on purpose, servs to show how awful the visuals, music and voice acting are
>Roster itself is kinda shit, Marvel side is mostly MCU characters due to Marvel/Disney meddling, and Capcom chars some people didn't even want back like Arthur, Spencer, and Nemesis over highly requested new characters or returns like Cap. Commando, Jin Saotome, Gene, Nero, Leon, Regina, BoF Ryu, and etc.
>Sigma, one of the main villains, was paid DLC
>DLC was also ready before the game was even out, they just held onto them longer to make more money
>Gotta pay if you play on consoles to maybe make the characters look less shitty with DLC costumes, some make them look even worse
>DBFZ being announced and pretty much intensifying all of MvCI's visible flaws a hundred fold

I'm surprised the game even managed to sell as much as it did.

>they are all just functions
Lol, good one

Attached: ohstop.gif (563x295, 2.37M)

>Street Fighter 3

How do you fuck up Devils Never Cry? Dantes theme just sounds so horrible.

>Ryu, Ken and Chun Lee
this kind of happened

Gameplay feels and looks clunky. Doesn't have the smoothness that 3 had. If that makes sense.

And then they had to add them back, same with Scorpion, that's what kind of my point.

Don’t forget unlike mvci dbz used actual outfits the characters wore and did not redesign them.

Also somethings that make sense if you looked at the credits
>Chinese modeling company know only for mobile games does the modeling
>Chinese mocap studio does the animations again inexperienced when it came to game animations they are more for cheap simple phone games
>capcom were complete yes men to marvel who ever marvel wanted they put in the game
>capcom USA for the capcom side put in whoever they could reuse from mvc3 plus a few characters to help sell the game
>they did not ask the dmc team, the re team, the mh team if using their characters was okay and even had Reuben Langdon say itsuno was not happy with how they had Dante act and look

Looking back, it wasn't that bad. The fans overreacted.

It wasn't that good either, with the games out at the time, and the ones that came after, this one was offering the bare minimun, with a terrible presentation, and most of the content cut as DLC. Not exactly the best selling argument.

The Fox vs. Disney dilemma that was going on at the time was killed the game before release. Fox had X-Men and Fantastic Four characters which Disney wanted badly, so Disney made the decision of forcing Marvel to stop any marketing feature X-Men or Fantastic Four characters everywhere.

Attached: 1560786589624.gif (300x258, 3.32M)

If that were the case, people would have played these games.

Attached: capcomfighting.png (584x566, 335K)

>Disney
That’s how I know your a retard Disney was completely fine with X-men and ff it was Ike who was the head of marvel that embargoed them he is the fucking reason Marvel studios is a part of fucking Disney and not part of marvel because Kevin fiege was sick of Ike’s shit

>Have a completely bizarre rule put in place where a VA can't voice multiple characters
>So we get Ashley Burch doing a shitty job as Chun Li so Laura Bailey can voice Black Widow
What were they thinking?

You mean the re-re-re-releases years after the fact don't sell. It sold fine back when it was new.
>in b4 you try to post console port sales numbers instead of looking at arcade income rankings

SNK was able to make a new Samurai Shodown of all things, Capcom can easily make a new Darkstalkers.

If they fixed the graphics people would've accepted it even with the shitty roster I feel.

>>So we get Ashley Burch doing a shitty job as Chun Li so Laura Bailey can voice Black Widow
>They put Laura Bailey to voice a DLC character over a story character
I can only guess Laura Bailey for Chun-Li on story mode was gonna be more expensive than Ashley Burch, because I can't see why the fuck they wouldn't put Chun-Li's official voice actor to voice her in the story.

No jocking. Same roster and same shity story mode (maybe better music at least), this game would have done so much better looking as the Ultimate Alliance 3 coming up. At least the art style.

Gutted content compared to the previous game.
They added like 5 new characters but removed like 23 if not more from the previous game. Some of which where fan favorites especially Xmen or Capcom characters like Wright Amaterasu V-Joe TB Akuma Vergial and Felicia.
Now this could have bean forgiven if this was a 100% new game that used new assets but so much was recycled from the previous one there was no excuse for it. Characters literly only got new textures but they kept all the same animations and moves from U3.
Ugly faces on some characters. This got fixed but still hard to forget.
Most of the stages are bland garbage like maybe 2 stages are acualy pretty to look at. Game also had a shitty movie filter that made it even uglier.
Completely ruined Marvel side music. Capcom side music was till somewhat hit or miss. But they replaced all the memorable themes of the marvel characters whit generic Movie music.

youtube.com/watch?v=FljmBUo7Szg vs youtube.com/watch?v=bfiLrAxhf5g
youtube.com/watch?v=dCiifu6dV2s vs youtube.com/watch?v=aBPkP2U8pTU
youtube.com/watch?v=NJ8siEfk4QY vs youtube.com/watch?v=OmswDLScJ9I
youtube.com/watch?v=aKKFjNVZkHU vs youtube.com/watch?v=BjQtipPaE0s

Its literally soul vs soulless.

Attached: 1553966026211.jpg (749x780, 114K)

Honestly they should just re use the models from Ultimate alliance 3 and make MVC4.
The game would even run on the switch.
And still look good and play as a proper 2d figther.

Once the hate train started rolling, Capcom did very little to jazz people up for it. Plus a series famous for rosterfaggotry cut X-Men shit and didn't put in no-name Capcom character #27 in so it's obviously shit.

Infinite honestly wasn't that good, but it would have become a great game eventually through patches. But it was a paycheck for Capcom and more people were excited to laugh at it than try it out. At least it didn't end up like SFV where people have been waiting almost an entire year for news and Capcom still hasn't said anything.

>Ugly faces on some characters. This got fixed but still hard to forget.
THEY WERE NEVER FUCKING FIXED
Chun li was the only one fixed, Dante still looked like shit they only fixed the lighting on his face in matches he still looks shit in the story, spencer looks like shit still and Chris looks retarded

Cutting it to 2v2 was crippling. Marvel 2 lead to a geometric increase in the number of playable teams and compositions based on assists DHCs and shit like that. When 3 and Ultimate came out and more than 6 characters were any good that number of playable teams in a tournament environment was even higher. Now all you got a shitty advertisement for movies with crippled gameplay that isnt as good as the last 3 entries in the series which still wouldnt have been done so bad if not a DBZ game that coming out with a actual 3 vs 3

SFV has got updates for the past 3 years.
MVC3 got 2 DLC packs of characters what where obviously cut from the game to sell as dlc seeing as they literally got released not even 3 months after the games release.
And a series of balance patches obviously done to fix broken shit but in the end capcom pretended the game doesn't exist in less than a year.
Something tells me they knew the game would flop so they didn't even make it part of CPT or even part of capcom fighters network.
Hell if the game had cross play like SFV maybe it would have survived for longer.

It was actually planned to be a games as a service model they said the title infinite had to do with the fact they planned to support it for years, that’s how bad it did they did not even think it was worth it to salvage the game

>Also who cares about story mode in a fighting game!

They were obviously trying to cash in on the MCU success, reason why we got characters like Black Panther, Widow and Winter Soldier when they were completely unnecessary. They made it too serious compared to the campy, comic-like and colorful style of 3 and it suffered from it.

>this one was offering the bare minimun, with a terrible presentation, and most of the content cut as DLC
And yet BBTAG got to evo twice despite being even cheaper.

*MVCI

2 corporations taking the piss into each other that ended up taking a toll into the payerbase.

Attached: 1519168739218.jpg (409x4096, 1.77M)

Disney meddling.

They always intended to keep supporting it, it just looked so bad and the hate was to much that they just could not justify supporting it, it’s like anthem and mass effect andromeda they just were so bad at launch all the plans were shelved because they would lose money

I still think Capcom should just make a new Marvel, or better yet, a Capcom All Stars fightan with visuals similar to the 3DS Ace Attorney games, if not straight up the same art direction, just updated to newer hardware. The games look really good, the art is very nice, and the style lends itself well to very expressive animation.

I mean, Phoenix's model looks way nicer on Dual Destinies and Spirit of Justice than it does on UMVC3, and that's from a fucking 3DS, shittier hardware than the PS3 and 360.

Attached: ibjOrqVeHAs7z9.gif (400x240, 2.36M)

>MvCI went through multiple meta shifts and has a tighter tier list despite having only a few dedicated players
>DBFZ goes through multiple major balance patches and Bardock refuses to move from top 4 with Adult Gohan and Kid Buu joining him.

Considering just how many people play DBZ, it's pretty pathetic how little the game has evolved even with developer influence.

Side note, Black Widow and Dante/Venom were the most fun I had playing a fighting game in years.

>do people actually think casuals give a fuck about characters in a game?

Please stop posting.

No X-Men no buy

>It a paycheck for Capcom
They wish it was, Capcom paid for the whole production. Disney or Marvel doesn't fund any of their games, they just license their shit, and the devs/publishers have to shell out the cash to make the games happen.

It's not like Warner, who actually funds the game development from IPs they own.

Yea i agree that Capcom vs Capcom would be a better game.
It could also have its own art-stile and game-play not restricted by parity whit Marvel.

Personally id make the game play like a hybrid of Dark stalkers and SF
Like have booth link and classic abc combos but no automatic louchers on all the cast one a select few some would have vall bounce or stagger combos or limited combos but good zoning projectile game.
Assists would also be more powerful but have a longer CD if not a dedicated assist bar.
Basically BBCTB is realy close to what i wanted from a Capcom vs Capcom game play less BS and less auto combos.
Like have the game-play of BBCTB but no auto combos and single button reversals.

>unnecessary redesigning and censorship out the ass = love
ok

No joke, the guy behind Subhuman made the remix for Devils Never Cry.

Is this an epic meme or something to say it’s disney fault when Disney does not get involved with marvel? I mean the only time Disney got involved was when Kevin fiege begged for Disney to take control of marvel studios

Or they could just make Marvel gameplay with a Capcom only roster, which is what most people want.

Why have every game play the same?

If they wanted to shill MCU, why didn't they put in Loki, Vision, Wanda, Ant-Man?

I really hope that after these two blunders Capcom just forgets that guy exists. Dumb ass is even a pretentious faggot going about how 'if people hate your art, is because you're doing something right' or some shit along these lines, because he couldn't take people critcising his shit ass song.

the normie response

Wow, Infinite's music is so generic, what the hell.

Attached: 1472930886316.gif (320x240, 455K)

Maybe because people really like the Marvel gameplay and don't want to see it fade into obscurity because Capcom and Marvel can't see eye to eye during development pretty much guaranteeing another Marvel vs Capcom will never happen?

>implying it isn't

are you forgetting the copies of this game with movie tie in coupons?

Marvel game-play already faded in to obscurity.
The series was never about super long combos.
MVC2 just had bad balancing that allowed them so the series and fighting games in general went in that direction.
Super long combo game-play is not fun for most people because it kinda kills the purpose of any attacks that dont lead in to long ass combos.
Not to mention only marvel side had overly abusable overly long ass combos.
Cpacom side always had somewhat shorter combos so why not go in that direction.

>Cpacom side always had somewhat shorter combos so why not go in that direction.
I'll say it again since you didn't get the memo.

People like how Marvel plays, and they don't want it shelved forever because Marvel and Capcom can't get their shit together, so they want a Capcom All Stars with Marvel gameplay.

Fucking stupid faggot scrub. Long ass combos have always been a thing in Fighting games since Guile killed you with a re-dizzy infinite in SF2 and the VS was a broken mess since the beginning which is what it famous

You probably tried to mash your way through Marvel spamming DHK with Ryu like you beat your little brother with in Alpha 3 when you didnt even know that V-ism infinites were a thing and are pissed off you cant pretend that shit works

Actually i know how to do those long ass combos and even managed to get in to 10 + league in MVCI.
I just prefer it when players spend more time strategizing than trung not to drop a combo or land that one poke in to a minute logn combo.
I kinda stooped playing DBFZ despite reaching that 530,000 BP+ rank because the game boiled down to endless rush-down in to trying to land a single move so you can do a long ass combo it just got stale.
I want long ass combos to be a reward for hard reads something to make hype. Not be 90% of the game.