ETHIC'D

I hope the square enix ethic department takes a look at this and changes the problematic dialogue.

Attached: 20-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-final-fantasy-vii-17-1556728346-8M7C-column-width-inline.jpg (865x733, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jlVFrktbcG0?t=59
youtu.be/T549VoLca_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=HNJRRR3jKcY
youtube.com/watch?v=A2vMllYljc0
youtube.com/watch?v=AHH3s_wRvOw
gamepur.com/news/41303-final-fantasy-vii-remake-watchmen-fate-tifa-events-honey-bee.html
gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-details-reason-multi-part-release-cyberconnect2-collaboration-more
youtube.com/watch?v=-ZM7At9_BSE
youtube.com/watch?v=1k8WVxGZJ7E
finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X_enemies
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In the japanese version she calls him a nigger

The localization won't be as garbage this time around so yes.
They're probably "censoring"
>This guy are sick.
too.

I hope I could find you to put a bullet in your head

Attached: STOP ACTING LIKE RETARDS AND BOYCOTT THE REMAKE.png (1851x184, 31K)

E T H I C A L L LY
A T T R A C T I V E

Attached: 1560868811495.png (1070x1070, 886K)

Pour one out for the tragically lost artistic vision of the middle-aged localizer sitting in his squaresoft cubicle back in 97

My problem is not the breasts size, it's the sports bra underneath the tank top, for what fucking purpose other than purposefully hiding cleavage?
No women does that.

Do your research, Yea Forums.

youtu.be/jlVFrktbcG0?t=59

Attached: nice translation.png (1456x819, 923K)

>Kotaku

Attached: 1560858923350.jpg (1311x984, 126K)

>The localization won't be as garbage this time around so yes.
It'll be even worse. Reminder that SE translated Charlottes child like sentence structure as literal toddler speak. Expect at least one person in the group to talk like an actual retard.

>It'll be even worse
>guy they hired to lead it is an FF7 fanboy

Attached: advice from Cloud.jpg (685x713, 130K)

>linking Shitaku
>that VaatiVidya level autistic forced voice

Attached: 1558568156102.jpg (680x680, 85K)

The video series is good, bitch. This one weeb hipster is redeeming Kotaku bit by bit. Fortunately he makes his videos on his own.

Attached: me.jpg (180x243, 7K)

I've been holding this back for a while but I feel like it finally needs to be said now: every fucking FF7 related thing after the original has lost the tone and soul of the original. Did people actually expect this remake to be an exception? Are you retarded? Even beyond the Tifa shit, this "Watchmen of Fate" thing sounds so retarded and I bet it'll just be some blatant forshadowing about how the events of the game are destined to happen or some dumb shit that tries to glorify the events of FF7 even more, which goes against how down to earth the original game actually was.

I was never anticipating this remake to be anything more than a fun distraction anyway. Because the FF7 I actually love is never coming off the PS1.

Attached: 1449538853678.png (911x540, 619K)

FF7: Zoomer edition

This

it's fucking awful

That doesn't exactly bode well.

100% this. I think people know in their hearts the tone and soul are long gone, they probably just wanted to believe. I knew it was doomed the second they put Nomura on director duty, that Watchman of Fate shit will be tame compared to the ridiculous hokey garbage we'll be getting by game number three.

>Wedge and Biggs
>not Biggs and Wedge
opinion discarded

If they cut out the word "retard" hopefully they at least settle on "dumbass."

It’s inevitable that they’ll rephrase that line, and “dumbass” would be the best compromise.

>If they cut out the word "retard" hopefully they at least settle on "dumbass."
If it's to somewhat preserve the original Japanese meaning, I'd settle with the simple "Shut up!" or "Shut your trap, already!" as well.

im severely disappointed with this whole ethics committee shit, i had high hopes because the gameplay was looking solid as fuck, i thought maybe tifa's sweater puppies might also get a buff after the backlash, now that we know for a fact the whole honey bee inn and Don corneo palace sections will be toned down i cant bring myself to be excited anymore.

I just finished the Midgard part in 4 hours, taking the time to get everything and see all dialogue. Let’s say it takes 6 for a newfag. A good part of the charm is shit like like the crossdressing aspirant gym, the bay brothel, the multiple implied rapes, avalanche being mass murdering bullies led by a big violent black man, etc that will probably not make it in, a lot of which is told through mini games that have no place in modern games with graphics this realistic. You think you’ll be squatting for a wig in the remake?
50 hour Midgard will be complete shit and utterly ruin the pacing of the plot. Imagine fucking around for 50 hours before you see the Shinra massacre.
And then what? After the Midgard episode we get a 50 hour episode about homely towns, over world, Chocobo racing and the golden saucer? How many newfags are going to stick with it at that point?
Who is this being made for?
avalanche surviving completely ruins the characters and will probably mean they will not be the terrorists they were with Jessie knowing she had it coming after all they’ve done, but still knowing someone had to

>im severely disappointed with this whole ethics committee shit, i had high hopes because the gameplay was looking solid as fuck, i thought maybe tifa's sweater puppies might also get a buff after the backlash, now that we know for a fact the whole honey bee inn and Don corneo palace sections will be toned down i cant bring myself to be excited anymore.
How do you "tone down" such things in the first place? I don't see room for that. It's either in or not.

Attached: barret date.png (482x344, 218K)

Calling someone a retard is not acceptable.

youtu.be/T549VoLca_Q

It's Midgar you dumb newfag.

>Imagine if all of my imaginary scenario I pulled out of my ass come true!
No one gives a shit about your imagination. If you got confidence in it make a game or write a book, instead of doomposting. Else we might just conclude that tommorow the Earth randomly explodes and we all die or whatever.

can I still call a fire extinguisher a retard?

Can we fuck Barret in this version?

I’m phoneposting from the gym, hence the bay brothel bit too

Attached: A8FF1E59-D65D-4FC6-86C9-5E6F70626343.jpg (760x120, 19K)

What am I imagining exactly?

>crossdressing is in but we made it more "modern"
>if we made the facility like in the original the "physical unease" would be staggering and thats not good

Attached: ethics.png (640x772, 49K)

All that stuff you imagine "will not happen", as well as the spoilered stuff you imagine "will happen".

>keep going Barrett
>cloud and myself, your lifelong friends are cheering for you

based
video games are no longer for incels and needs to change

well that's retarded.
what a bunch of retards haha.

The absolute state of coping seethe hards seething cope from their absolute state of seethe. Unreal. Cope harder seething incel coper seethes. The seething cope is palpable in your copenseethe

But we already know half of that is “toned down” aka not happening as in the original.

>physical unease
Have they tried not being pussies?

legitimately a good opinion, Nomura is a hack that somehow doesn't understand the characters at all and continuously ruins them with every adaptation he's involved in.

While I did like tifas big boobs
It's also funny to see you seethe
I can't decide which I like more

That’s sexist, delete that post right now.

>Contextless "summary" that doesn't clearly say if it's about Don Corneo stuff, the Crossdressing preperation, the Mucki stuff, or the "watch kinks through the keyhole" or perhaps multiple parts or all of it
>Instead people just jump to conclusions and assume that it refers to whatever they want it to refer to

I got enough "physical unease" for an eternity from being exposed to your cringe writing & directing in KH3 Nomura you fucking hack.

No, never.

>But we already know half of that is “toned down” aka not happening as in the original.
No? "modern" is interpreted as a keyword here. It could also refer to Japanese 90s joke being made better understandable for mordern Japanese audience, considering the interview was with a Japanese interview. Everyone who keeps interpreting it as if it was all without a shadow of a doubt refering to "issues related to the West" is a brainlet.

>Watchmen of Fate
*That's* what they're called?
I should have known they'd try to turn this into KH somehow.

i guess they are trying to avoid controversy even though im pretty sure the remake is rated M, bottom line is im not buying this game unless they keep the honeybee and the mansion sequences intact, otherwise theyre a bunch of faggots with zero integrity or appreciation for their fans
why did it have to be like this?

Attached: crossover.jpg (836x543, 111K)

>(raffs)
Cheeky cunt.

IIRC it was translated literally. Someone from "thelifestream" mentioned that the word "fate" here can also be interpreted as "doom". You shouldn't trust some random gaming journalist's translation here.

>looking to remake literally the most iconic death in vidya, but with voice acting

Will it fly?

youtube.com/watch?v=HNJRRR3jKcY

Attached: 1557135734948.jpg (750x750, 78K)

Oh, I see, modern Japanese people not understanding the joke would result in staggering physical unease, I guess it makes sense when you cope that hard.

They could always do the smart thing and not have any dialogue in that scene.

O L Y M P I C S 2 0 2 0

I don't know lads, I've been replaying FF7 again and it's pretty shit and short. There's barely any substance to even make half a game.

Attached: __tifa_lockhart_final_fantasy_vii_remake_and_etc_drawn_by_yamashita_shun_ya__e5cef9a70a0876172a5d462 (1308x1417, 253K)

I thought you misspelled "ethnic"

Attached: retarded.gif (218x228, 1003K)

>tfw we get dilly dally, shilly shallied
Feels bad man.

It being “short” is what makes the story work desu
Dragging it out any longer would just make it shit tier.
It’s a simple, nom-grandiose story, it has no place in a game longer than ff7

>kotaku
Can you provide me a source for this that's more trustworthy.

>Yea Forums calls for ethics in video games journalism cause they don't like getting bullied by da sjw
>wants square enix to burn in hell because they have an ethics team making sure their games don't suck

LmAOOO

Attached: 1356175385109.jpg (682x600, 100K)

Short doesn't make for a 60 dollar game in 2019. It'll be fine for a mobile game like FFBE maybe.

It is honestly depressing and worrisome as hell that a company that's supposed to make creative media, something which can technically be anything, have an "Ethics department".

Like, why? It'd be like having a fucking "Vegan department" at a butchery.

Attached: 1545835526680.jpg (640x640, 77K)

If they literally remade FF7 exactly just with those graphics, they could charge full price and everyone would buy it.

They should've just given the money to Tabata to finish 3 cancelled DLC for XV which contain TRUE ENDING and then commence development of FFXVI to become even more kino than XV if that's even possible

The only dialogue in that scene come from Cloud and Sephiroth, which would only need some rewording (in English, at least).

Attached: 1435826216066.jpg (1280x960, 205K)

Nah it wouldn't work. Play the 10 minute bombing mission again and come back here. It's only fucking 10 minutes. 10 minutes, 3 battles and 4 pre-rendered jpgs as the dungeon.

youtube.com/watch?v=A2vMllYljc0

I no joke always choke up. Spoilers though.

Shulk and Fiora's VAs need more work.

You don't have an ethics department in your company? They deal with a lot of other things you know, mostly as an ombudsman

You should try supporting a full tyrannical, fascist government. You would see people seeth like never before at least.

>original story DLC: $49.99

Attached: 1560782658093.png (640x828, 640K)

It's modern squeenix, you shouldn't trust a game journalist's translation because the official one will be WORSE. Just wait.

Now compare this to this.

youtube.com/watch?v=AHH3s_wRvOw

Attached: 1557138148249.png (600x604, 475K)

I don't want FF7R to be compromised any further XV-kun but I agree with you that they should have finished XV.

Attached: 1560272602928.jpg (579x819, 58K)

My company literally doesn't have a nethics department, and we're a creative company too.

Well, those are still some big boobs. I would be mad if they made her flat, but that's not the case really.

>caring
It's a remake. Remakes are cancer, full stop. Name one remake better than the original game.

why the hell did they end up spelling Claude as Cloud in the first place?

not just the boobs
her body and pose
they're ready to be BARRET'D

>"Spread the word to end the word"
HAHAHAHAHA oh wow.

>Name one remake better than the original game.
Does agony unrated count?

Atelier Rorona.

dota 2

>there are cut-scenes around every corner
wow hooray!

Jesus Christ this fucking dub who the fuck okeyed this garbage.

>Already confirmed there will be TIME TRAVELLING SHADOW GHOSTS
It's already dead

Yeah that's too bad. I work in a multinational company and we do have an ethics department. Whenever you want to register a new vendor, clear it with ethics. Whenever you want to entertain clients, clear it with ethics. Whenever there's a staff dispute, ethics will come in and investigate. Etc.

There is bo redeeming Kotaku, you dumb tranny.

We actually live in a world where video games need to be ran through an ethics department.

Attached: 1550801511598.jpg (1105x849, 128K)

Is Yea Forums just going to seethe about this game for the next 8 years?

Dialogue options are a relief, that's one part I loved in the original. Though fuck this so-called ethics department, how fucking retarded are these Goddamn niggers going to be.

>Yeah that's too bad.
We're in ten countries. We're fine.

An "ethics department" has existed for a long time. They're usually not permanent and rely on outsiders when a situation arises, or at least they used to be.

My dad has a doctorate in philosophy (yeah yeah) and he was often contacted by biomedical companies to come in to give his assessment on the ethics of their procedures. This service seems to be increasing and I'd suggest to anyone dumb enough to have studied philosophy to seriously consider this as a career choice. Counseling for CEOs and workers is a large untapped market that's in high demand, you just gotta have a lot of empty, flowery rethoric.

Attached: 24132.gif (320x294, 2.85M)

yes, most of the doomposting is also about things we haven't even seen yet. Like people complaining the dialogue and banter won't sync up even though the remake demo was pretty damn faithful in that regard and actually significantly expanded in a way that still stayed true to the original character voices.

>8 years
Try forever. People will never let FFVIIR threads live down the changes made by Nomura and ethics team. I guarantee you boobs won't even facto much in the end.

Ethics in my line of work is more about avoiding bribery, market misconduct, price fixing and the sort. They're really serious about it too.

ITT: nostalgia fags who didn’t know or don’t care about accuracy, just a bad, hacked together translation

This. A real, serious ethics team would have spoken up about the episodic release, not about fucking jiggling boobs.

gamepur.com/news/41303-final-fantasy-vii-remake-watchmen-fate-tifa-events-honey-bee.html
>"The Honey Bee Inn cross-dressing event is still in," for example, although "we’ve made it more modern. If we made the facility like we did in the original game, the physical unease would be staggering, so that was no good…"
>we'll see something totally new such as the Watchmen of Fate, the black mist you can see in the E3 2019 trailer, and that are "mysterious beings that appear before the party wherever they go. I hope that even those who have played the original game will enjoy the new elements."
> the studio wanted her to "have abs, so she has an athletic body type. The ethics department at Square Enix also told us that we had to tighten her chest as not to get unnatural during all the intense action."

fuck nusquare so fucking hard. also
>Charging full price for just fucking Midgar and not mentioning that it's just Midgar anywhere in the title or ads.

lol funny n word

Are you stupid? You're getting your 60 dollars worth of content.

>releasing 40 hour games for 60$ is an ethical issue

man I'd love to see you guys run a company

>this level of denial
Oh boy

Imagine being this naive

>stretching out the first act of the game so you don't have to create assets for all of the other locations or characters.
Yeah this "FFVII remake" sure looks great without Cid, Yuffie, Vincent, or Cait Sith.

If they did a 1:1 remake with all the upgrades plus new content, we’d have to wait at least another 3 years for the release

Imagine never having played FF7 22 years ago
Imagine complaining about a game they clearly said is not the same game from 22 years ago, back when they announced it 5 years ago.

great argument, want to explain to me how it's bad ethics to release a full length game for full price?

Who am I kidding? Most of the shitposts here are from people doing the “ le epic TORtanic” meme

>Tifa will never verbally abuse you

feels bad, man

They changed that in the Steam port, didn't they?

>full-lenghted Midgar
Can't wait for another interview where Nomura says "We thought the full-price for the first part was fair because of the cinematic experience of the remake more than gameplay hours." i hope SU only keeps making your jobs harder, shills.

Attached: 1531546354011.jpg (1200x668, 68K)

Prove it

>projecting
I have played 7 on psx. That doesn’t make the remake less shit.

IIRC Nomura tried real hard with FFXIII:Versus but was "over-ambitious" which led to endless delays to the point that he lost the project to Tabata. I think the episodic release is an attempt to see if it's going to go better this way since he doesn't have to tackle all issues at the same time, e.g. for FFXIII:Versus Nomura got stuck with how to implement an airship, while doing all sorts of other things at the same time, all with their in-house Luminous engine. Now however for FFVIIR he can do it step by step and can rely on the more reliable UE4 engine.

gematsu.com/2015/12/final-fantasy-vii-remake-details-reason-multi-part-release-cyberconnect2-collaboration-more

>The official title is “Final Fantasy VII Remake.”
>According to Kitase and Nomura, there were plans to attach a subtitle that relates to the story, but they didn’t want to give off the impression that it was a spin-off or a sequel.
>A proper HD remake that maintains the same feeling of density of the original wouldn’t fit into a single installment.
>Nomura adds that in the case of a single installment, content would have to be cut and the result would be a condensed version of the game.
>But with this method, players will be able to explore many different areas of Midgar that they couldn’t access in the original.
>While parts may also be cut from the original, Nomura promises that overall, the amount of content is only going to increase.

since when is a 30-40 ish hour main story short?

>doomposter retard continues to shift goalposts

Can't wait for your seething shitposts next year when the game sells well.

>I have played 7 on psx. That doesn’t make the remake less shit.
So you have played the remake already? Caught you, timetraveler! Hand over all your technology!

Oh I have no doubts it will sell well (nice goalpost shifting btw), it's the reviews I'm more interested about.

>Tifa will never exist as her Advent Children model and step on your dick after she beats you up

The movie itself was pretty shit but goddamn that Tifa model made my dick soar to new heights. And her battle with one of Seph's clone...children whatever they were was badass.

Kill yourself.

you shifted the goalposts off "ethics" by bringing up a hypothetical future Nomura interview you pulled out of your seething brain, and now you respond with a "no u". Christ you guys are fucking retarded

I don't understand why retarded is considered a bad word. The term is literally "mental retardation".

Some kind of imperfect larval copy that only encompassed a third of his traits. Or some bullshit.

I assume it's all of those

>we’re doing it this way so we don’t have to cut content
>we’ll cut content anyway, but we’ll make up something instead
>prease understandu

>kotaku

>"physical unease" would be staggering
THAT'S THE ENTIRE POINT OF THAT WHOLE STORY SEQUENCE

The failure of the "ethics team" smoke screen will reveal itself once it's confirmed that this episode is not a full game, meaning that it was actually an anti-consumer tactic, thus unethical. Do I need to think for you anymore or is this enough?

>there are cutscenes around every corner
The Last of Us was a mistake.
I can't even believe that even Square is making on rail cinematic experiences now.

Resident Evil

>A proper HD remake that maintains the same feeling of density of the original wouldn’t fit into a single installment.
Why? Why is it impossible to just recreate a game from 1997 with 3d graphics and camera and shit? Why is Square so completely incompetent? There was only 3 years between FFVI and FFVII and that's with them having to figure out how to make games in 3D. There was only 2 years between FFVII and FFVIII, 1 year between FFVIII, and FFIX, and 1 year between FFIX and FFX. Now it takes them a fucking million years to release the first part of a game they released over 20 years ago.

also
>if we want to make the full game we'd have to cut content
>but we also gave it more content than the original game
????

Same reason moron and imbecile are bad words and highly insulting but idiot isn’t even though idiots are actually far more mentally handicapped than either. Muh feefees

I don't see why it'd be any different if they're keeping in Cloud getting chased around by buff men in the showers or crossdressing to get into Don Corneo's good graces.

>he honestly believed FF7 wouldn't end up as a trainwreck after a decade of "development" and barely 1/4 of the game finished

Attached: frodo hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmming xd for teh windzors.j (411x418, 43K)

so no evidence, just doomposting? ok

>TLOU invented cutscenes
>FF7 is not known for having a lot of cutscenes

I want tryhard zoomers to leave

It's not the same game dude. It's a new game. Get it into your thick head.

Dat nigga in da back doin dat T pose?!

>I can't even believe that even Square is making on rail cinematic experiences now.
To be fair, Midgar is pretty much that anyway.
>walk down street/corridor
>non interactive scene
>battle
>proceed down corridor
>rinse and repeat

happens sometimes

Attached: Sephiroth_Advent_Children_Complete.png (510x510, 197K)

They actually greatly, greatly surprised me by Cloud behaving as he should, tonally. He doesn't seem to be brooding or whingy like he is in Advent Children on, and even though he and Tifa have their stick-skinny limbs from their PS1 battle models he has something resembling musculature painted on. I think it'll be okay at worst, I'm mostly curious about how deep the new materia system will be. Blue magic in a 3D space and any new materia they add would kick ass, it'd be a shame if you couldn't customize party members fully into various jobs, I remember the lack of a Jump materia with Cid the dragoon in the party feeling a bit conspicuous.

Attached: 1532741281564.jpg (571x758, 25K)

Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize this was FFXVI and not a game literally called "FFVII Remake."

>ethics department
Is this why this game is taking so long? Are they running every dialogue line through the ethics department?

Read It's not FF7. Get over it.

>these changes ruin the game
>hum, it’s not the same game, it’s supposed to be shit

It’s just Yea Forums bro, you don’t have to try so hard to fit in

>FFVII Remake
>it's not FFVII
k

If you don't know what to say, stay silent, shill.

Really? You think that highly of the Midgar portion of FF7 and you see it as an injustice when a new game comes in and makes a different take on it?

Tell me, what are your thoughts on Ghost in the Shelll manga and anime?

Go on the internet.
Seek out content that personally offend you.
Get angry.
Talk massive ammounts of shit.
Throw temper tantrums at anyone who disagrees.
Call them fence sitters about issues you only see the surface of.
Do nothing about anything going bad in the world IRL.
Stay on the internet to fiercely throw shit at eachother.
Gain the illusion that you're not a sheepish bitch.
Gain the illusion that you are fighting a good fight.
Do nothing about every other more important issues.
Claim the moral highground nonetheless.
Feel better about yourself because you argue like a child on the internet with prople you hate and disagree with.
Leave the thread feeling like your bias is confirmed.
Feel good for 10 minutes.
Existential dread strikes again.
Feel depressed about a changing world that seemingly have no place for you.
Rinse and repeat.

The internet as a whole in a nutshell
Alternatively: Masturbate to hardcore porn inbetween bouts of shitflinging.

No, just usual Square Enix mismanagement of huge projects. The only department that even remotely has its shit together is under Yoshida's management which is probably why his R&D studio will be making XVI, even with XIV being notoriously understaffed and at times rushed.

They're responsible for Tifa's reduced bust size.

do you understand that a lot more work and polish needs to go into games now than they did back then? Development cycles have increased dramatically over time, an NES game could be made much quicker and cheaper than a PS1 game, just like a PS1 game could be produced much quicker and cheaper than a PS4 game. Crazy how these things work

PSX VII, vanilla VII, classic VII; pick a fucking qualifier, it’s literally not the same game.

Most it the story, themes, and designs come from the original, but that’s it. It’s not the same build of the game

Name one thing from what they have revealed that is the same with the original.

>injustice
Not sure what kind of straw man you’re trying to set up here. This is not a moral debate.
GitS didn’t take the source material and bastardise it and turn into derivative garbage.
A closer analogy would be the first Berserk anime or the Dragon Ball movie.

>and you see it as an injustice when a new game comes in and makes a different take on it?
it's not that they made a different take on it dipshit, it's that they made it the entire fucking game so you'll probably have to wait until 2050 to actually get the whole game remade. Meanwhile, they're charging full price and not even bothering to mention that it's just Midgar in the title or any of the ads. It's almost blatantly false advertising to trick normies who don't read vidya news into buying it thinking it's the full game.

>Why? Why is it impossible to just recreate a game from 1997 with 3d graphics and camera and shit? Why is Square so completely incompetent? There was only 3 years between FFVI and FFVII and that's with them having to figure out how to make games in 3D. There was only 2 years between FFVII and FFVIII, 1 year between FFVIII, and FFIX, and 1 year between FFIX and FFX. Now it takes them a fucking million years to release the first part of a game they released over 20 years ago.
Yes, yes it is impossible in practise. Nomura tried that with FFXIII:Versus, and you know the result by now.

>Not sharing the same opinions as some tards from a boycott movement from 5 YEARS AGO is hypocrisy

Attached: 620.jpg_large.jpg (1448x2048, 174K)

This.

This game is literally a different take, this is a full game with a reworked and expanded Midgar, they have explained this multiple times. I'm sorry you're too retarded to accept this

This sounds like a mistranslation. I don't think they have an ethics department.

>GitS didn’t take the source material and bastardise it and turn into derivative garbage.
Umm, yes it did. Way to expose your powerlevel

I'll spoil you now; Aerith dies. There you don't have to wait until 2050.

More for daring to put Tifa into a sports-bra I think, even though her tids are still fucking massive under it

>FFVII has an autistic fanbase
>but they're not autistic enough to remake the original game with better graphics like Sonic's

Attached: 1448345535880.png (235x252, 135K)

>her boobs are still massive
>we'll just never see them at their real size :)

Agreed, it's missing a "fucking" before the retard.

I mean, you're gonna have to elaborate on this brave opinion, user.
Average playthrough's about 40 hours if you're not going for everything I remember.

youtube.com/watch?v=-ZM7At9_BSE

user, you're fucking retarded if you don't think they're significantly altering the scene because they're cucked.

Sure but are ethics department even supposed to put input into creative works? That seems retarded as fuck.

Retard was the politically correct term at one point, it just meant delayed.

An actual remake, not an awkward-looking mod.

REmake. easily. Also Metroid Zero mission. Kirby's Adventure GBA. Sword of Mana.

What do I win?

> an NES game could be made much quicker and cheaper than a PS1 game
between FFIX and FFX was just 1 year, even though FFX took a grand total of 2 years to develop. Explain to me why FFVII remake requires so much more dev time than FFX aside from square being incompetent hacks.

Tifa in her Wall Market dress shouldn't be "restrained."

>umm, no actually you’re wrong
What is the 95 anime derivative of?
The remake is the same garbage as everything else Nomura had directing power in.

youtube.com/watch?v=1k8WVxGZJ7E

What are you shills gonna say when we see them in promotional work and they're just as small?

It’s probably been in practice longer than you’ve been alive

They're supposed to give advice if asked, but there's no obligation to follow through what they say, unless they point out a potentially illegal aspect.

It's a decision made by comitee, not by the artists and creative folks themselves.

models with mouths are

Souless

>listened to rawest forest maze for the first time in years with some friends recently
>a bunch of RETARDED JOES
>fags
>friends were upset I brought that classic back

what did he just fucking say?

It takes a lot longer to make all these HD assets, plus your mentioned aimless bumbling at SE.

>What is the 95 anime derivative of?

Attached: 012.jpg (785x1200, 159K)

SOCIALLY UNACCEPTABLE

*banned from twitch*

now? dont tell me zoom zooms werent old enough to play vidya when ffxiii came out

>Yes, yes it is impossible in practise
No, it's just impossible for the main Square dev studio because of bloat and incompetence. Meanwhile we're getting a full 3D remake of Seiken Densetsu 3 next fucking year. And it's actually the whole game.
>Nomura tried that with FFXIII:Versus, and you know the result by now.
What the hell are you talking about? Tried what? He wasn't remaking an already made game when he was making Versus.

>Video games are creative works of art and not just corporate products
Yikes

So there are ethics in giving girls sports bra when going do activities?

FF X had a seperate development team working on it, and the scope of FF X was incredibly fucking narrow. FF X is mostly fixed angle corridors, a dropdown menu airship and a lot of recycled enemy models. Yes scope of development and what's expected in a game has massively expanded since FF X, even though that game was impressive for its time.. When you're remaking FF VII people are expecting a wide explorable world, but with the same detailed areas that exist in the original. I'm not saying SE are amazing devs or anything but you really seem to have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to the current scope of game development and what they want to accomplish with a VII remake

He said Sonic.

are you perchance retarded?

>they have an ethics team making sure their games don't suck
If their jobs are the make sure the games don't suck then they should all be fired immediately.

So by their definition, my big titted aunt is so unethical if she do some morning lap without sports bra?

jrpg babbies need to have 300+ hours of grinding for a 0.001% spawn rate enemy, which has a .00001% chance to drop an item which you need 10 of to make the best weapon in the game so you can get the true ending and save tsukiyaki the loli panty demon

You could ask them the ethics of just about anything, that's their job., but we're talking about ethic departments from before the SJW craze. I wouldn't be surprised if SE's ethics department suggested the bra change solely to prevent the artists from getting harrassed and not just to inject their shitty politics.

>"Vegan department"
Witness the future.

Attached: 51b8kc1--EL._SX355_.jpg (355x284, 23K)

name 5 games

Maybe they need to finish what they promised for Luna and Aranea DLC before giving them benefit of doubt?

Manga: Soul
Anime: Soulless

Attached: 038.jpg (786x1200, 151K)

>no soi

Attached: 1528819639003[1].jpg (378x378, 31K)

I was looking forward to that moment but now that there's an """ethics""" department involved, I'm concerned.

>cross media adaptation is a derivative work
stop posting

I doubt the reason if for the harassment of their artist. This is not the first games with the bouncing tits hell even a lot of SE games do it before.

you say that yet i bet you're one of those that bitch about how you get the zodiac spear in the og ffxii
bunch of retards

Have you never seen big boobs in a sports-bra?

IS THIS WHATS ETHICALLY GOOD NOWADAYS?

I MEAN FUCK, MY GF HAS HUGE TITS, IS SHE ETHICAL TOO?

>It's a decision made by comitee, not by the artists and creative folks themselves.
That's the fucking problem, though. Do you think FF7 had an ethics committee making design decisions for it?

I'm literally not going to care because i grew out of giving a shit about pixel boobs when I was about 16

They just stopped putting that word on the labels because of how tarnished it's reputation has become. But if it's plant based or synthetic meat you can bet your top dollar it's the sneaky legume.

You cared enough to reply.

It's not a 1:1 remake of the manga with HD graphics. Not to mention the censored sex scenes

Attached: 002.jpg (762x1199, 153K)

I never said it wasn't a problem. If the artists wanted to consult with the ethics department, that's their prerogative, but it's very likely their bosses asked the ethics guys first, then told the artists to abide by it.

Attached: 6234.jpg (554x439, 38K)

I've heard that Impossible Burger is really good, actually.

A full remake. AM2R style. Not 22 year old game with some shit taped to it style.
When Toyota brought out the GT86 as a remake of the AE86, they did not take the old car and stick a boxer engine in it.

>FF X had a separate development team working on it
For only two years.
> and the scope of FF X was incredibly fucking narrow
Not really. It was a long game with a lot of content. Plus the animation work was way more than what they were used to as they now had fully voice-acted characters in real-time 3d cutscenes.
> FF X is mostly fixed angle corridors
maybe between the towns sure but so? most of ff7 is mostly on rails too, there's just a classic overworld map. And designing those linear areas is probably more budget-consuming than a big mostly empty overworld map.
>and a lot of recycled enemy models.
No there weren't.
> Yes scope of development and what's expected in a game has massively expanded since FF X
But the scope of what's expected in FFVII has not. People would literally be fine with just the same game with better graphics and camera

Sounds like FF7R. Think of Subaru to the GT86 as CC2 to FF7R.

Honestly they're probably just cutting dumb shit like CPR and dolphin jumping. Which I enjoy decently to be fair but won't mind seeing it go. FF7 has a fair bit of filler at times and cutting it to keep things moving isn't a bad idea if there's a wealth of content being added otherwise. I'll have to see it in action before I get upset.

it’s not a remake, retard
it’s an adaptation in a different medium
ff7 literally has remake in te title while belonging to the exact same medium

Why couldn't they just adapt it 1:1 with HD graphics and keep the lesbian sex scenes?

>For only two years.
dev times were shorter, because of smaller scope
>Not really. It was a long game with a lot of content. Plus the animation work was way more than what they were used to as they now had fully voice-acted characters in real-time 3d cutscenes.
yeah it was long, most of the content did not require a lot of assets. All you listed is what occupied most of their time but there's a lot they didn't have to worry about because the game was made so linear
>maybe between the towns sure but so? most of ff7 is mostly on rails too, there's just a classic overworld map. And designing those linear areas is probably more budget-consuming than a big mostly empty overworld map.
towns were linear corridors too, and they barely existed. Luca is the biggest place you go to, which is mostly empty and consists of a a big circle mostly used for the "save Yuna" segment attached to a street leading to a town square that leads out of town. And that's by far the biggest place. Besaid is a literal street with 5 houses, Kilika is mostly destroyed and is also a corridor. Guadosalam is the thing that most qualifies as a unique town and even that's very small. Bevelle you dont get to explore at all, returning to it grants you the privilege of running up a big corridor.
>and a lot of recycled enemy models.
yes there is a tiny variety of enemies. most characters have 2 monster models that they kill recolors of through the game, and then about one or 2 unique monsters per area that are still recycled later. then the monster arena of entirely recycled bosses/enemies
>But the scope of what's expected in FFVII has not. People would literally be fine with just the same game with better graphics and camera
it has for a lot of people, and going back and tuning up the graphics on level 3 is not what the devs want.

because the pacing in sequential chapter based still media doesn’t translate to feature film nor chapters to full length episodes, retard
there is not a single 1:1 film adaptation for this reason
how the fuck does this relate to ff7

If one guy can do an Unreal Engine remake of Resident Evil 2, all four scenarios, as a hobby, heck, if predominantly one guy can do a full remake of a fucking Gameboy game that beats Nintendo's own attempt...then the Final Fantasy 7 fanbase can stop crying over Tifa's breast reduction when they've had 22 years to do their own take on how things should be.

Retards ruin the use of retard.

You should hire that guy.

Bingo. The pacing of the 1997 game doesn't translate to a 2019 game.

>the pacing of a game doesn’t tanslate to the same game artificially made 10 times longer to molk retards
wow, good thing literally no one asked for a longer ff7

Yup, FF7 Remaster is made for these people. And for the rest of us, they are making the Remake.

>dev times were shorter, because of smaller scope
Smaller scope than FFVII?
> most of the content did not require a lot of assets
What the fuck are you talking about? Yes the content required a lot of assets dipshit.
> All you listed is what occupied most of their time but there's a lot they didn't have to worry about because the game was made so linear
Making a game slightly more linear doesn't necessarily make it cheaper. By your logic FFXIII should have been done even quicker than FFX because it's even more of a corridor sim and has no towns at all. Having a mostly blank overworld map like classic FF requires next to nothing budget-wise.
>yes there is a tiny variety of enemies.
finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_X_enemies
You're legit delusional.
>it has for a lot of people, and going back and tuning up the graphics on level 3 is not what the devs want.
Well the devs are fucking retarded so who cares what they want?