Counter-Strike

Today marks the 20th anniversary of the series that became the ambassador of team based FPS, an eSports relic and a staple of the FPS genre in general.

Say something nice to it, Yea Forums

Attached: cs.jpg (800x967, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9aPU91CQYiM
youtube.com/watch?v=yEgWTqikm-U
youtube.com/watch?v=CysrI230QEg&t=12m9s
youtube.com/watch?v=SBcY5mchMpg
youtube.com/watch?v=kRf0ER3va6A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

THE PHANTOM

ENEMY SPOTTED

T A K I N G
F I R E

N E E D
A S S I S T A N C E

*whispers in you ear*
THE BOMB HAS BEEN PLANTED

The Fortnite of its day

Server when?

>also includes RICOCHET
Based, Ricochet 2 when?

Playing this game nearly got me murdered IRL.

Fuck China. Good game, though.

what

*feezes everyone in this thread in place with smoke grenades*

Ice Cream? I love Ice Cream!

You're going to have to tell the story, user. I'm interested.

It's longevity is not surprising. After all, there's no cure for cancer.

explain

Attached: 1551698996320.gif (276x220, 774K)

>dust1 was by far the most popular map >whatever retarded metrics value uses determined that the players are wrong and its actually a bad map
>you cant even play dust1 in cs in 2019

Fuck Valve.

>It's

some cunt accused you of screen cheating?

Dust has kind of a shitty layout though.

DOOR STUCK!

>Today marks the 20th anniversary of the series that turned skill based FPS games into crouch+shoot hitscan weapons with le lepic headshots
counter-shit fans were, are and will be on the same level as halo "my first fps" fans.

Attached: 1557956630889.jpg (1500x1000, 130K)

You cant leave us with this post user, what happened?

exterior like fish eggs

Hey look it's the boomer who is mad because nobody likes Quake anymore

pool day #1 map

>crouch+shoot
Lol you hate the game, because you were very bad at it.

user....john romero is dead it's time to move on

Attached: B.png (380x347, 5K)

Did you cheat in China?

Yea Forums EU server when
also, browser version when

youtu.be/9aPU91CQYiM

I wish you could use Classic Models and Sounds con GO.

> you'll never play mg_ servers again
> you'll never use func_vehicle with other players again
> you'll never see all these dedicated servers again

Attached: 1556591972972.jpg (371x397, 20K)

neo/v/ user logged into his account, it seems.

GET OFF ME NOW

It really was.

FUCK
AAAA-

Not but a long time ago I was playing with 2 classmates for a while. One of them decided to invite their brother, who've decided to invite his buddies. Basically, I've killed one of them a bit too many times and the next day after school I was by a group of 20-something apes including this fella who started pushing me around and practically screaming at me, saying how much of a faggot I am and I deserve to put in a ditch where no one will find me. He was drunk and whatnot, and his friends were laughing.
I was 12.

I went to high school in Beijing in the early 2000s. There wasn't much to do as a foreign teenager there, so we'd always go out drinking or playing video games in internet cafes.

The first place my friends and I went to got raided by thugs who smashed up his place and and told the owner to sell his place to the next buyer, which was the local government which was looking to widen the main roads for the upcoming Olympics. I wasn't there when this happened. We just went there one day and it was demolished. Only found out the story because I was friends with some Korean kids who played Starcraft Brood War there nearly every day and knew the owner pretty well.

A couple years later we had a new place. One night my friends and I were thinking about going to play CS there, but opted for a bar crawl instead. Found out next week some Chinese kids had gotten banned from the place and got their revenge by barring the doors and setting the building on fire with no survivors. We literally avoided getting burned alive because, "Eh, we did that last weekend."

>remember coming back from home,entering some bunny hop servers and dropping pistols on the blocks so they would go down and up infinitely and stopping everyone's progress
Sometimes they ended up fighting each other because no one knew who did it, it led to some hilarious arguments.

I miss those times.

Attached: ultimate comfy.jpg (602x521, 44K)

>when you'd 1 v 2 your scrub friends on dust 1, and headshot them 50 times in a row and win every match, and they decided to brand you an aimbotter even though they should've known they suck

>some Chinese kids had gotten banned from the place and got their revenge by barring the doors and setting the building on fire
holy shit dude

lucky bastard

Attached: There was that one time... .png (936x768, 1.46M)

I still play CS:GO from time to time.
I really hate how it slowly became filled with skins and crates, but I guess it had to do that to stay relevant this whole time.

Just play the original. It's much better.

Only a small portion cares about case opening, nowadays. The majority of people just get a job and buy whatever skin they wish for.

Quake games require far less skill though.

fun but DoD is better

CSGO RPG SURF DM is the BEST gameplay of all time

rush B

>buyin skinds
>not modding the game for free

If you want an easy VAC? Sure.
Modding on CS:GO is dead. Everything goes under Workshop. If you try to mod it yourself, you're risking a ban with a higher chance than actually cheating in Valve servers.

spray patterns are an outdated way to mimic realistic gunplay and don't make the game more fun or strategically advanced

imagine instead of pressing the "W" key, you had to press multiple keys together to walk forward.

I wish we had dedicated group for 1.6 matches

I knew that, that's why Valve is cancer

zm_ice_attack3, home...

Attached: 1558968594161.jpg (1024x690, 93K)

fy_iceworld, home...

Attached: fy_iceworld.jpg (1680x1050, 204K)

Wish I was able to play this game on release.

fite me 1v1 cs_deathmatch no AWPs

sj_soccerjam, home...

Attached: 1559506109353.jpg (1280x720, 95K)

>Video game fanatic hunts down and stabs rival player who killed character online
>A French video game fanatic hunted down and stabbed a rival player who had killed his character in an online war game.
>Julien Barreaux, 20, told police he wanted to see his rival player "wiped out" after his character in the game Counter-Strike died in a virtual knife fight.

>A court in Cambrai, northern France, heard how Barreaux plotted revenge for seven months after the online "killing" last November.

>He then located the victim, named only as Mikhael, several miles from his home.

>When the man answered the door, he plunged a kitchen knife into his chest, missing his heart by less than an inch, a police officer told the court.

>He added: "Barreaux was arrested within the hour and told us he had wanted to see his rival wiped out for killing off his character."

>Barreaux was jailed for two years for causing grievous bodily harm, and ordered to undergo psychiatric tests and anger management therapy.

>Judge Alexiane Potel told him: "You are a menace to society. I am frankly terrified of the disproportionate reaction you could have if someone looked at you the wrong way in the street."

I can't find any vehicle servers but I like to play it anyways. Very fun game.

Attached: 1560642102325.jpg (960x960, 74K)

"FOLLOW ME!"

"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"
"NEGATIVE"

Now THAT is a walk down memory lane.

cs_sauna
now that was a map

an average day in bugmanland

Twenty years and still, no matter which version, the bots are a bunch of retarded dicksuckers.

squares on boards are an outdated way to mimic realistic battles and don't make the game more fun or strategically advanced

imagine instead of moving pieces on a board with your hand, you had to pick up the pieces with your dick to checkmate your opponent.

Hmm Quake is too difficult. What if we...
>slow the game down
>nerf movement
>make the game team based
>make the game round based
>remove all the pickups
>allow players to buy the weapons
>remove projectile weapons
>make TTK so short that anyone can frag if given enough luck
POPULAR GAME!

And then the cycle always continued from card games to battle royales. In an attempt of trying to invent a product that as many people as possible can consume.

>the fy_poolday zoomers of yesterday are the boomers of today
timeflies.jpg

I can't BELIEVE you would just POST such a dumb FUCKING response that would make me get triggered and angry!!! arhjsjkf
yeah but lemme know if anyone wants to seriously dispute me

Nah nigga it was a quake mod that got big. See: Navy Seals

Attached: 1533169932466.jpg (750x489, 149K)

Given that it was originally a mod, I don't think the plan was to casualize the FPS genre, but was more an attempt to provide a "realistic" military shooter.

I just still find it funny that back then CS was considered casual, and now it's considered hardcore (similar to DOTA being considered casual). It's really just a sign of how far gaming has fallen.

>tfw one of the few autists that liked assassination maps

as_oilrig. Home.

Attached: As_oilrig.jpg (1600x900, 856K)

1v1 aim is the only pure gamemode in CS, only problem is that it doesnt teach spray transfers that well.

Attached: maxresdefault (13).jpg (1280x720, 82K)

>Quake more difficult than CS
rofl. Quake is literal hitscan tier shit, its infinitely easier to zip around and have zero deviation on aim compared to CS movement

Attached: 1501015792056.png (606x606, 1.05M)

That would be Barbie’s Horse Adventure, sweetums

Every CS gun is hitscan

I want escape gamemode back

Attached: es_trinity.jpg (1280x1024, 236K)

PROTECT THE VIP TEAM

Negative.

what? you can still play dust1 in csgo casual and wingman

Quake wasn't too difficult.
>slow the game down
I found that if I played Quake for 30 or so minutes and then switched to CS, the game speed difference made feel like I was playing in bullet time. I would be untouchable for an hour or two.

Nipper maps, home.

youtube.com/watch?v=yEgWTqikm-U
youtube.com/watch?v=CysrI230QEg&t=12m9s
youtube.com/watch?v=SBcY5mchMpg
youtube.com/watch?v=kRf0ER3va6A

you literally just hold mouse1 (w) in quake and win the game

It really wasnt. It was more of the CSGO of its day. You know the game that exist now that 100k people play at a time. Fucking retard.

>run and gun on slow fps
>play tactical on fast fps
>manage to make everyone mad
Keep crying awpfags, mp7/nova rush is superior

Attached: spurdobelix.png (218x285, 8K)

>play CSS zombie mod
>one guy totally fucks up some dudes' barricade and they all die

Attached: get some.png (358x533, 324K)

>tfc was better
>dod was better
>hldm/op4mp were better
>all dead
cs won because it was much more casual

sleep tight porker

So I only play CSGO as a brainless team deathmatch game on dust2 mostly
Its free and pretty easy
What are some other FPS with a large playerbase for mindless fragging?

(You)

R6 Siege.

>gets banned for swearing
meanwhile in cs you can say whatever you want as well as have offensive names and pictures and get away with it

this kid is bunnyhopping all the way through ivy out middle and through our connector... through... FROM IVY, OUT MIDDLE, THROUGH OUR CONNECTOR, LIKE A SPEED DEMON!

OH MY GOD, REPORT!

Attached: f69.png (479x376, 295K)

ADMIN

quake is 20% aiming/movement and 80% item pickup control. CS was viewed as a joke when it was released where all the shitty quake players ran off to

after all these years it's still gold