Playing vidya

>playing vidya
>this pops up

Wat do?

Attached: workrave-breaks.png.pagespeed.ce.F6UQ4a29KJ.png (650x393, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gADlgxrnAdQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

uninstall ubunti and get windows

uninstall ubuntu and install openBSD

Install Gentoo

I do your mom

Sit idly at my computer in an act of defiance and get a blood clot.

this is the future if the chinks get their way.

Take the break

Install Windows, then delete system32

Skip

Uninstall gnome/gtk.
Install kde, or keep bash/zsh on a tty, no DE.

Sit and wonder what went wrong with my life for 9 minutes and 57 seconds

ditch gnome and install kde, or just go straight on kubuntu

>tfw ubuntu is unironically killing 32-bit multilib support in the next version so 95% of vidya has to be run in a container or a chroot
Thanks for killing any chance of lelnux taking off on the desktop, canonical. I guess I'll have to move to Debian, Fedora or Arch.

Attached: angery_kde_dragon.png (323x282, 34K)

>using lulbuntu to begin with

Attached: aec.gif (1580x1005, 246K)

>using a 32bit software in 2019 to begin with

Hey, Kubuntu just werks™ and has nice defaults unlike Fedora KDE. But yeah killing off 32-bit support is fucking retarded since most old vidya I play on wine depend on 32-bit libraries. Time to finally try something else.

you should just support emulation if you want to play vidya with good performance on gnu/linux

MANJARO
A
N
J
A
R
O

Attached: 1488507087082.gif (749x578, 160K)

All games that are worth playing are 32-bit.

Attached: 1542848242775.png (680x582, 358K)

Oh no, I have to install 32bit libraries through apt instead of having them included with a fresh install. Life is over

PCSX2 is 32-bit only, DOSBox 64-bit binaries run like shit compared to the 32-bit ones and Wine needs 32-bit system libraries to support 32-bit windows games.

They are literally removing all 32-bit packages from their repos and telling people to set up 18.04 VMs for 32-bit programs

Attached: 1550663206847.png (259x194, 7K)

>Kubuntu just werks™
You shouldn't pick Linux if you want something that just works

they will adapt, you can't a support a deprecated software forever

software and hardware*

>Playing vidya
>Linux based OS
Lel

>that linked ubuntu forum post
Jesus christ are the fucking retarded?
>just make a snap of it bruh
Yeah, sure I'll just snap my oblivion cd with wine, how convenient.

Why are they doing this? They are based on debian which supports a billion architectures.

There is literally no reason for not packaging at least the most common 32-bit libraries since all that can be automated and they pull them straight from Debian anyway.

Linux > consoles >>>> Mac > mobile > literal shit >>> Windows

Attached: 1498411200423.jpg (613x1024, 92K)

Yeah, wine can adapt by emulating a 32-bit environment instead but it will be orders of magnitude slower and unuseable for vidya from around 2005 to 2010.
Not to mention graphics drivers will be an issue if driver packages can't provide 32-bit OpenGL implementation.

based brainlet

contrarian are so fucking delusional it's actually sad

What distro do you guys use? I'm on Ubuntu now, but am considering switching to wither Manjaro or Debian Sid.

Attached: Linux_KDE.png (1920x1080, 2.04M)

Arch based stuff can be great but you'll burn out from having gigabytes worth of updates every fucking week if you want to use your computer instead of just ricing it.

>loonix
>vidya

Attached: 1544741606779.jpg (720x719, 62K)

Can't someone just make a PPA with those packages? Sounds easier than the alternatives.

You must be 18 to post here

i think manjaro and kubuntu are the best, super userfriendly and it just werks

dude stadia run linux

I'm using Manjaro but there are several annoyances that irk me, when waking my laptop from a suspend the brightness keys are bugged and turn off the monitor instead of lowering brightness and I can't fix a constant audio crackling when playing a game using a bluetooth headphone.

>using linux
Have sex sweetie

Take breaks from sitting down regularly bros. I've developed sciatica from sitting down too long over a period of several years.

>install Windows for the first time in over a decade
>end up booting it twice a year to play Skyrim
Who else /skyrimOS/ here?

linux MUST not take off

pls stop saying this
every twinge in my leg registers as impending death to me now

>he uses linux and/or an obscure meme browser like pale moon or vivaldi

Attached: laughing bap.jpg (650x576, 60K)

>obscure means it's bad
keep selling your data to google

I can see Konqi's dick, you fag

Bap yourself Sachiko, I like Vivaldi

It's 9 hours and 57 minutes

fpbp

Attached: 1489747554994.jpg (658x494, 20K)

>playing vidya
>linux
lel

>Not writing you own browser

Attached: 1559021744951.png (365x367, 147K)

fpbp

and if it still happens then uninstall game and get a refund
and if it's a cracked game then I'd know about it before downloading it so I wouldn't have downloaded this shit

alternatively, wait for a week or two for some code genius to post a mod that will remove this garbage

Wtf OP you sure this isn’t an app you installed or something? What game forces a break on you

>Pale Moon
Fuck pale moon, after a few days it rubs like absolute shit

Attached: 27879703_2440177182874682_6032617644127944704_n.jpg (1080x1235, 139K)

what the hell is this? I can't even find this package

only people who use linux as their main os are under 18

how is it a bad thing? as long as nobody uses them to directly mess with your life, where is the danger?

Like anyone in this day and age is heading from linux to windows

Attached: 1536263527185.jpg (300x307, 32K)

Gee, I wonder who could be behind this post?

Attached: glowinthedarks.png (1544x1926, 529K)

here's a tip
I'm not am*rican

>MI6
>Mossad
Either way, your argument is retarded considering you are posting this on a fucking incognito shadow puppet forum. Facebook or reddit would be way more up your speed.

>projecting
glad to see it's your only """"argument"""", proves I'm right

It's been discussed a million times, your lazy ass can look it up in the archives or even in just media in general. On the other hand, you still have no argument for posting on an anonymous videogame board and then saying that getting datamined is ok.

yet you literally can't name ONE (1)

is there any legitimate actual reason to use linux beyond just being a contrarian?

explain to the folks at home what linux is

Nice, Homestar

>lelnux

Attached: 14563210738480.jpg (470x747, 49K)

Moderation of expression, which can lead to problems in real life, like losing your job or getting in hot water for difference of opinions.
People already have lost their jobs for saying things that are considered sexist, racist and the like in the past. Shit, nigger just look at that dude in the UK who made his dog do a nazi salute as a joke to piss off his ex girlfriend.

Windows is cia/nsa/mossad malware, theres one

for personal use, no

for enterprise use, yes

Depends on if you run a server or a network or something.

If you do development, run a server or want to setup an idiot proof facebook machine for your granny then yes.

I just switched to it because Win7 is getting too old and I absolutely refuse to "upgrade" to 10

I'm a consolefag anyway so no real skin off my ass

Will this affect other flavors like Kubuntu and Xubuntu?

It's your only choice if you want to get rid of Windows since Macs don't have up to date GPU drivers. It's also lower on system resourcers, riceable, doesn't include spyware, and has a more efficient kernel which can manifest in heavy performance benefits in niche situations (pic related). Literally the only downside is lack of native 3rd party support, but even in that aspect, it's better than consoles.

Attached: threadripper2990WX_linux_vs_windows.png (710x417, 38K)

>not doing sets of push ups, dips, squats, lunges, crunches, leg lifts, planks etc. in between vidya to keep loose, limber, in shape while aiding circulation and preventing bad habits

You know all those times the screen goes black and you see your reflection on the monitor and despair? You could remove that despair by simply moving around you tubs of fucking lard.

Attached: bobpage.jpg (226x223, 6K)

fucking this I get scared as fuck every hour when my leg twitches

yes

Console master race

Free and jest wurks
Versus
Dude install a japanese local and buy me

Well fuck, I was planning on switching to Xubuntu. Is Manjaro an equally retard proof alternative? I just want my AMD drivers to work.

>Buy gaming PC
>Install windows 7
>Only use that PC to play vidya
>Buy cheaper computer or even a laptop
>Install Windows 10 or Linux
>Use this for all of your actual work and business, like browsing Yea Forums

It just werks. Bonus points if you know how to set up a VLAN and put the gaming PC on it's own, isolated network so you can get it on the internet without fear of being comp'd.

>Is Manjaro an equally retard proof alternative?
No, it uses Arch packages which are bleeding edge. Updates have a chance to break if yo don't know what you're doing. Use Debian if you want something retard proof. Debian Sid if you want packages that are at least somewhat up to date.

Other than less Software/Hardware support, it's the superior OS in every regard. It's not even funny how bad Windows is in comparison.

Thanks for the advice.

Why would you specifically install the OS worse for games in the gaming machine?

I'm not on Linux rn but I used Solus for a while. It recently got updated too and I think it's pretty decent.

>7
>worse for games
Why?

>All current games can still be installed on Windows 7
>Windows 7 still has a good compatibility mode for installing older games, which Windows 10 can't do
>Don't get blasted with ads just trying to open the start menu
>Takes up considerably less space to install on the hard drive
Why are you retarded?

For less intensive games the linux/"SteamOS" versions of games run pretty much the same on modern systems. Hell my laptop can't run shit on Windows but under Ubuntu it can run Overcooked 2 at decent settings with a smooth framerate.

If only they fixed gamepad support to work properly first time it would be usable daily

W10 has many modern optimizations and features like automatic no distraction mode, W10 is an absolute must if you want VR for example since it has support for stuff like reprojection and screen mirroring.

There's pretty much no difference in average FPS but W10 has considerably better low 1% too.

Attached: dasd.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

>Don't get blasted with ads just trying to open the start menu
This is what really bothers me, nothing else really exemplifies the disrespect Microsoft have for it's users than having the gall to advertise in whats supposed to be a paid product

No reason then

>W10 has many modern optimizations
That don't either help that much or make things worse. There are guides to turn those off and for a reason.

W10 has the exact same compatibility infrastructure as W7 and removing ads is as easy as right click -> remove, they never show up again.
There are many things you can shit on Windows for that Linux does better but W10 is just an upgrade compared to W7.

>>>Windows 7 still has a good compatibility mode for installing older games, which Windows 10 can't do
>>Takes up considerably less space to install on the hard drive
>but W10 is just an upgrade compared to W7.
Sorry, say that again?

The compatibility mode thing is a lie, I haven't compared install sizes but W10 uses less RAM and idle process time which is the kind of bloat that actually matters.

>The compatibility mode thing is a lie,
looooool, okay. Tell me when you have Shadows of Destiny running natively on Win 10 with no patching necessary.

>ubuntu

Attached: gaben.jpg (828x766, 53K)

Get popOS you fucking boomer

mint 19, will change to manjaro once canonical fucks everything on their ubuntu side

I already told you W10 has the exact same compatibility infrastructure W7 has, it uses the same DLLs and all, whatever patching SoD requires will also be required on W7.

Attached: 9632.png (403x495, 17K)

did ubuntu ever remove the amazon spyware?

Attached: 1371742483373.jpg (1280x720, 98K)

Except Windows 10 doesn't have all that. The compatibility mode in Windows 10 is neutered beyond all fuck. SoD does NOT run on Windows 10, but will run on Windows 7, ONLY using the compatibility mode on both.

Sorry shill, there's theory like you're posting, and then there's just facts.

You think that's bad? Last week I ended up playing a game for like four hours straight, didn't even think to get up. Got really stoned and fell asleep on my chair for hours. Woke up and my foot was swollen and hurting. Thought fuck, I have a blood clot. Waited a few days, still hurt, went to the doctor and they told me they didn't have an ultrasound and that he didn't think it was a blood clot but to go to the ER if it didn't get better. Ended up not going, hurt for two weeks straight but then kinda went away. Guessing it wasn't a blood clot and if it was didn't turn into an embolism at least. I make sure to get up and walk around now. Was almost sure I was going to die one day.

I literally posted a pic of the settings on my W10 machine, give me a magnet for SoD and I will test it out for you.

Get up and walk it off you pussies.

youtu.be/gADlgxrnAdQ

I use that voluntarily on my windows computer. My ass started hurting from all the sitting I was doing one week.
Does anyone else here have break timers?

Attached: 1544234980647.gif (150x113, 475K)

Get yourself a magnet. While you're at it, you can also test Pool of Radiance (the remake, not the 80s one), Lode Runner The Legend Returns/The Mad Monk's Revenge (that one is easier to find), The 7th Guest, and Little Big Adventure. Windows 10 compatibility is utterly fucked and won't run those games in compatibility mode, but Windows 7 does. Play more games you scrubby shill.

There are academic and business reasons to use it.
If you're an average norman, there are zero reasons.

hey guys whats going on in this thread? a college student told me to get mint, it's the best linux. is this true? y/n

There is no best linux, there is a distro that matches your taste. Mint is a good starting point for Windows migrants who want something that just werkz

imagine unironically cucking yourself like that

lmfao!!!

Attached: C0B229A7-E64C-4FF8-810A-8C1702F50D2D.jpg (500x386, 62K)

why are there so many distros? they all work the same, only difference is the logo and thus the default wallpaper.

t. linux brainlet but it is what it is

Overall quality, performance, compatibility and stability is not a matter of taste.

Take a break and go play some vidya

a more appropriate question would be if there's any legitimate reason to use windows beyond just software compatibility

Uninstall Ubuntu and install Debian

based and redpilled pragmatic non-autist

if you are a programmer and like tinkering with your PC, Linux is good. Also if you vehemently support Free-Open-Source software.
Windows 10 is still a must for playing games, even with Proton around.

No, but people will switch for different reasons. Someone who just wants a work computer will not give a shit about stuff like this as long as it works. It's like how a computer can be objectively superior to other but you don't need to spend more if you don't plan on using it for much.

There isn't. Linux would be the best pleb filter if we had compatibility.

I've been doing it for 25 years, 9 hours is nothing..

accept the fact that the developer is looking out for my health, so i'd get up and go smoke a cigarette for the duration of the rest time.

looks like i'm actually staying on 18.04 for 5 years

>people that distrohop to change the window manager
>people that tell newfriends to distrohop to change the window manager
Why is this so common?

Attached: 1405601653490.png (480x320, 13K)

>32-bit multilib support in the next version so 95% of vidya has to be run in a container or a chroot
anyone know what this nerd here just said?

Because linux autists code dozen of apps that basically do the same thing so they make their own distro and put specific apps into it to not have 10 file managers inside one OS.

Would you believe that it's actually faster, easier and keeps things clean?

They are afraid of the command line.

can't install native 32-bit libraries --> 32-bit games stop working, this includes 32-bit windows games under wine
that's all you need to know

Know how windows can't run older software and games? Canonical, the developers of Ubuntu, are pulling the same shit on their OS for """security""" reasons.

>faster, easier
Absolutely not. How hard is it to use your package manager to install another one?

Have fun with our messed up configs.

Just use fedora then? Add rpm-fusion and it's no different from obongo.

God this. I ain't going to install a different distro for that but i still seethe every time i have to purge kde's puked config files from all over the place. It was an easier time when they contained everything into .kde[3/4]

Seriously though has Valve responded to the 32bit purge yet?

>Reasons people switch from Windows to Linux
Too many to list.

>Reasons people switch from linux to Windows
1. I needed Autodesk/Adobe Premiere/whatever in my office
2. Waaaah I tried linux for 5 minutes and it dun work, it's shiiiiiit, back to wondows for me!

tbqh they could just tell people to use a better distro
SteamOS is based on Debian, which supports pretty much every architecture under the sun, so their own playground is safe

windows 10 is actually great you goof. 7 and 8 were trash.

fap

Attached: 12950762-4E61-49C5-B0A9-1BF1DA3212D7.jpg (408x1024, 115K)

>Shade the Man.

you're already fucked, chief
they have everything on you already. if not by you. anybody even remotely related to you.
there's no such thing as going off the grid unless you drop everything and build a log cabin from scratch innawoods
your paranoia and virtue is noble, but ultimately futile

"And source on that is my own defeatism"

Mint 19.1

i'm a Linux noob but got it how i like it and surprisingly can play everything i used to play on Windows after some fiddling.

Not for long :^)

>in 2014 literally ALL of Yea Forums was on Windows and didn't even imagine there are alternatives
>by 2019 MS bred so much discontent that linux threads are now a daily occurrence

the fact that you're even taking measures to prevent it means it's too late. they were doing that loooong before you were even aware.
the good news is that your data is floating around in the digital cesspool along with the other billions of people that use computahs and everything done with it is almost entirely automated

Wake me up when my soundcard actually works on linux. Until then I'll stay on Windows 10.

Turn 360 degrees and walk away to play WoW Classic

Nigga please. I run a real OS.

I'm sorry about your poor life choices, user.

Ah, a fellow Haikuchad.