Prove to me you can talk about videogames

I challenge anyone who bitches about Yea Forums "not talking about videogames" to actually come in and talk about videogames right here and right now. Frankly I fon't think it is possible? Why? Because there IS NOTHING actually worth talking about in videogames for more than a day. Videogames as a medium are fucked.

Attached: 1559685373035.jpg (548x305, 78K)

fuck that
ROLL

Attached: VDYDjSO.jpg (1469x2069, 569K)

what video games did you play today mr. poopy pants?

VIDEO GAMES

More rolling

See that nigger posting that roll grid? He's going to get people to respond. Know why? You can actually engage with what he has.

I could talk about video games
If I felt like it
rollin

None. I'm stuck waiting in a GP clinic after a 12 hor work day. Played some dota and aimlab last night if that counts

The faster threads bump out the slower ones, any sort of thought-out discussion simply doesn't have the velocity to maintain itself here.
What do you expect?

thread improved

I could talk about the best way to learn RTS mechanics for online pvp but the audiences have moved onto brainlet derivatives; autochess, tower defence, "grand" strategy, and mobas. Now im just retired to the only shooter worth a damn(planetside 2 baybeee).

ZZ

>67
F

I've been comfy in a few Fire Emblem threads recently, it's been on a good streak since E3

Fuck videogames.

im replaying tw3 and enjoying it immensely

/thread

There needs to be a multiplayer game with the kind of setting DanMachi and Made in Abyss have--a sprawling metropolis set atop a massive dungeon; the size of which only known as the furthest floor someone has reached and returned from.

Fine, OP, Let's begin a Video Games debate:

There is no logical reason for a corporation to create DLC content for their game before that game is released, and then offer that DLC on the day the game launches, other than the pursuit of more money.

This principal idea (gating off content to encourage your playerbase to spend more money) is unethical and should be illegal within the United States. Electronic Gaming is THE fastest growing market in the history of the global economy, with consumers on earth dropping a whopping $130 billion dollars on vidya last year. Video games (defined henceforth and retroactively as consoles, peripherals, new titles, subscription fees microtransactions) made $36.9 Billion dollars in the United States alone in 2018; for comparison, the worth of the global VG industry in 2012 was $70B. That's nearly a 10% increase in revenue each successive year. That's a LOT of corporations looking to extract your hard-earned money from you as quickly and quietly as they can.

Now, you're browsing 4channel, which means you are smarter than the average citizen of your nation, so you don't get fleeced by big business unless you decide you want to be.

But if there are people in the United States who not only cut off their own dicks and engage in HRT but actively tell others to feel comfortable doing the same, then these people and those who support them are not going to be smart enough to vote with their wallets.

If we illegalize DLC and Lootboxes, we solve the problem, and that means we all have to vote democratic this election cycle or the whole world is going to drown in heinous incorporated synergistic diarrhea

Attached: Newzoo-2019-Global-Games-Market-per-Region.png (3999x2249, 658K)

roll lol

anyone playing persona q2? I really enjoy it.

Ok.

>Now, you're browsing 4channel, which means you are smarter than the average citizen of your nation
>Now, you're browsing 4channel, which means you are smarter than the average citizen of your nation

delusional

>trannyjanny doesn't even read the posts he's deleting

Just talk about "older but not old enough for /vr/" games then

Now, I kind of understand the want for government regulation. The larger an industry gets, the more exploitative it becomes, and something has to be done to counter it.
But I'm disappointed we've reached this point. I don't want big brother to step in and tell us what's right, because that pendulum is going to swing back and deck us in the nuts. Video games aren't inherently an art form, but they are usually a creative expression and I can't think of a good solution to stop faceless megacorps from preying on the masses without also opening avenues to restricting passionate developers from making their vision real.

If we outlaw DLC and lootboxes, who's to say it stops there? DLC/expansions aren't even an inherently bad thing, so some sacrifices are already made there. Sure we remove day-one DLC bullshit, but we also have to realise that plenty of games have had quality DLC that adds content well worth the price.

>industry regulation for a luxury product.
you could just not buy the product.

I don't think DLC should be illegal, im not gonna deny some developers abuse it (paradox, EA), but sometimes there are games that can be expanded and it was a viable model for a long time now, damn warcraft 2 has expantions. IT can hurt some games especially indies.
lootboxes can fuck themselves, they should be illegal or have the same law as any gambling game. Probably the only reason is popular in japan it's becuse it's the best way to gamble without going to illegal places or pachinko parlors.

oof yikes and ouch, Yea Forums has better taste than most places but you have seen those wojak and pepes, this place is kind of "special".

How can a new subject of discussion be, that there is nothing to talk about. You are officialy retarded OP

Attached: 1541978650031.jpg (424x508, 124K)

>I'm stuck waiting in a GP clinic after a 12 hor work day.
christ half your post isn't even about video games

How about I talk about growing out of video games and turning my attention towards more important issues like climate change and inclusivity?

Attached: wHlG6er.png (820x456, 528K)

This is accurate.

With the news of PSO2 coming stateside I wonder if Idola will come over as well.

Attached: images (1).jpg (169x299, 21K)

He's not saying DLC should be ilegal, he's saying the practise of removing a portion of a game or making such DLC while the game is being made and then force it as Day 1 DLC or near release DLC should be ilegal, as there's no valid reason to do so other that jewish tastes.

As in, DLC should start development after the game releases, maybe slightly earlier, but not as the game is being made.

4u

Attached: 20190619_070047.jpg (1038x282, 133K)

What is the best SNES title I haven't heard of, you scoundrels?

>vote democratic
Nice try. But I would never vote if it means banning DLCs outright. Some DLCs are developed AFTER the game or was made to offer easier gameplay for those who really can't git gud with the base game. Development of cosmetics and new content will be stiffled. Plan DLCs, sure. But instead of a ban, make it illegal to separate the "true ending" from the base game. Meaning that the game must be sold complete and the DLC are just cosmetic or is not the "finale or ending" of the game's main story.

>Videogames as a medium are fucked.
How about you support good indie developers, bitchboy? Not the SocJus garbage with PoC protags like slime rancher though, that sort of stuff deserves to be pirated.

Reasonable enough.