Yandere Simulator Discussion

I wonder. How does Yea Forums feel about this game? The first rival is almost near, and now there's an intro cutscene.

Attached: ys.png (2199x704, 253K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mAXJjQMz8-s
youtube.com/watch?v=iiciz302SOI
pastebin.com/wXBcwJ4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We have this thread every day. Yandev is a scam artist who doesn't possess the means to finish his game, doesn't know how to code, or create original assets. It's just sad at this point because I remember being excited for Yandere Sim once.

reminder

Attached: image.png (963x397, 197K)

Someone should make a list of games that started and finished development in the time it took YandereDev to finish a fraction of his tech demo

Sounds fun. What exact year did that happen?

yikes

Attached: oh.jpg (564x218, 16K)

>a discord tranny
I'm not even impressed.

Is it true that it's been 5 years and there isn't a proper way to save your game?
Saw this screenshot and couldn't believe it

Attached: D8zbyFlUEAA7srq.jpg (1242x1340, 164K)

imagine ostracizing your main audience like that lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=mAXJjQMz8-s
hmm

I thought we chased you off this website YandereDev
How many times to we have to teach you this lesson old man

Oh jesus christ that is awful.

desu whats the point of saving progression when there is none?
priorities my man.

I wanted to check but a lot of his posts have """mysteriously""" disappeared (including the chimpout about reddit being better than Yea Forums)

>1 million views
Who the fuck are these people? Who actually still cares enough at this point to watch progress videos?

ironic weebs

>fps 15
lmao

I'm a fan. As someone who works on games in my spare time, the coding in this game is top notch and on par if not better than most triple A titles to come out in recent years.

So what do you actually do in this game?

Attached: 1538692880427.gif (640x360, 404K)

>graphically intensive game
That's a new level of delusion, even for him.

Holy fuck I'm crying. With evas code you're gonna need an Intel 19000k Quantum core and a RTX 6090 Ti to run this shitty anime game if it releases.

Attached: Anonymous.png (450x450, 4K)

This, they worship this faggot and give him shekels in his streams.

Every now and then I'll watch them out of morbid curiosity to see what new meaningless gimmick he's added in instead of things that actually matter.

probably kubz scouts watching it 1,000,000 times

You can do EVERYTHING!

>my pc can run gtav and crysis on high settings at 60fps
>try yansim
>it crashes every time I try to load the school
>the loading screen has a link to solve them
>"put the game on lower settings"
>put the game on the lowest settings, still crashes
>"get more ram lol"
>the game isn't even out of alpha yet and it's already more demanding than gtav and crysis

how the fuck

>The first rival is almost near
she's been "almost near" for a few years now. it's downright silly how much time yanderedev takes to make shitty spaghetti code that eats RAM like candy

>how the fuck

Attached: 1534328720582.png (828x801, 149K)

the fact that unity can still build this game without blowing up yandev's pc is a fucking miracle

not even nasa can run it

WTF I WENT TO HIS WEBSITE AND NOW I'M FUCKING BLIND YOU DISGUSTING PIECE OF SHIT BASTARDS

it's supposed to be anime hitman set in a high school. i don't have any design documents, but i'd think there are a few key points to consider:
>you don't know your target right away. you have to actually stalk your senpai and be a proper yandere to know who's got their eyes on him, and thus who to dispose of
>there are multiple ways to dispose of target, some are also non-lethal, like playing matchmaker for a girl that thinks she's into senpai
>no guns, because it's a japanese school
there are more, but these are all i can say off the top of my head

if you think the colors are bad, there used to be an easter egg where they changed to pure black and red, it was really hard on the times

are you lying? my 2013 year amd shitter can run it on max lol

Attached: 1352650132561.png (552x575, 251K)

Here's a pro tip, yes this guy is pathetic as fuck but letting him live rent-free in your heads is even more pathetic. I know a dude who's 35 and hasn't held a job in his life, should I post his information here so you can all obsess over him?

Attached: 1559271281967.png (449x470, 25K)

There are also ten rivals in the story mode, each based on tropes in anime. Multiple methods of execution and a quadrillion easter eggs. Also, editing the files will result in a weeb version of whiteface from imscared appearing in your game

Attached: todd.jpg (938x896, 51K)

Code smooth brain here.
What is bad about this?

No, why would I lie? Granted I haven't tried Yansim in some time so maybe it's fixed by now, but the fact that the loading screen has a link for fixing crashes is already pretty telling. Remember that this is the same guy who refuses to use Occlusion Culling because it won't work on some ancient video cards.

Attached: f.png (752x532, 53K)

what?
evaxephon isn't a tranny

Here's a protip: have sex.

I am excited, imagine what we will have after 12 more years of development.
See, this game has literally surpassed crysis.

How do I call this cringey without sounding like I'm just memespouting?

>this game has literally surpassed crysis
>inb4 Yandere Simulator will be the new "Will it Run Crysis" and not in a good way

Attached: 1502886372799.png (629x430, 528K)

But... unity has a built in playerprefs system
It's pretty shit and not the most optimised, but it saves and loads

>Subverse shills are gone
>Yen shills are back

Attached: 1442207013836.png (838x574, 362K)

Yea Forums is going to have a fucking field day once osana arrives

your pc shits on mine, I just dled the game now to see if it runs

Attached: olde.png (465x252, 13K)

If there's anything yanderedev has taught me, it's that while you can get a cult following from shitposting your game on Yea Forums, that audience is going to subject you to some of the most intense hateful criticism. But at least there will always be loyal fans who suck up whatever you say and send you patreon bucks.

Attached: ct.png (425x322, 139K)

i'm not an expert but here's my take on this
a) the overall logic can be squeezed down to only 4~5 if's
b) the method of checking the if's uses strings(variables with letters), which check each letter of the string individually. it would be easier to use a set of boolean flags (variables that are either true or false) for the this.Witnessed state(s), since then the checks would be near instantaneous
c) it looks ugly. a Case statement is the same if else if chain, but looks prettier and is easier to manage. that is also why, whenever you're using any part of your code multiple times in different places, it is better to make it into a function and then to call that function where/whenever you need, instead of copypasting it and then wondering why line 2049 has an error in it.

I like how the teaser for this 4 minute long intro cutscene was only 40 seconds but still managed to communicate almost all the plot points without even any dialogue. Behold:

youtube.com/watch?v=iiciz302SOI

It even has a cute little song. Seriously Yandev how the fuck do you mess up that bad.

This should be good.

Literally everything. It's shit code that takes more effort to write, is less efficient and much harder to maintain than literally any other solution to the problem.

Not to mention the fucking redundancy jesus christ.

Imagine you want to add another thing that teacher can "witness". And it all depends on some particular ordering of words in the string. And there seems to be some priority between these things (like insanity > weapon > blood). It'll be hell.

The simplest thing you could do is to make Witnessed a set of things. So then you could do
if witnessed.Contains(Insnanity)...
else if witnessed.Contains(Blood)...

Then you can make logic even more explicit by making a table that contains all the reactions and dispatch on them.

I think the opening is nothing to write home about. YandereDev can improve it by trimming the fat on it by making it less like a wannabe Shakespeare monologue and more like the teaser.

Honestly if he replaced that shot in the beginning of the main character and senpai uguu holding hands with one that made it a bit more clear that the main character is broken inside, he'd already be done. That's all the explanation you need. It wouldn't be amazing but it'd be a lot more brief and clear.

Tons of nested ifs.
String comparasions instead of using enumerations for hard-coded values.
Absolute lack of knowledge, and algorithms.

With this powers combined you can even make a 2d platformer require 32gb ram and i9.

Uses strings instead of enumerations (he should use flags enumerations in unity c# there)- more error prone way slower, and actually more annoying to write.
Too many ifs, convoluted error prone logic. CPU has to guess which branch would be taken, it leads to extra work if it guesses wrong.
Switch statements are way way faster. Even on strings as they would be converted to a dictionary by compiler/jit.

Also whole fucking architecture is fucked and should be remade.

Unity is easy and great. Bur because it is easy to start any fucking retard can try to make unoptimized piece of shit game.

Switch case is faster. It is converted to jump table if it is big enough.
String comparasions are error prone - at worst the values should be kept in static variable so you won't misstype it(and reduce memory footprint), at best they should be converted to flags enum.

Managing that code would be a fucking nightmare.

What's worse with copy-paste is that you need to figure a bug in every. Fucking. Copypasted. Piece. Of. Shit. Code. Instead or doing it in one place
(currently am fixing such mess)

>Switch case is faster
only by a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of an attosecond, i. e. nothing major

also thanks for re-telling the things i said. being ESL and trying to convey meaning exactly how you want to is difficult, so i appreciate your help

We had this thread archive only 5 hours ago for fucks sake Eva stop shilling your game just because your patreon shown to 2.5k/month

Way way faster.

If lookup is o(n) where n is amount of ifs at worst case. O(1) at best case. Plus CPU has cannot queue everything properly.

Switch statement is at best o(1) - because it automatically jumps to specific instructions. And o(log n) at worst when it is converted to jump table.

It is a huge improvement that stacks.

>Way way faster.
proofs? i remember a study, but in it the results differed by 0.01 seconds with 500k tests per.
if you have any studies that show otherwise, post them here

Just look up difference between constant time and polynomial time.
O(1) Vs O(n)

I can write simple benchmark code to give you an example, but gotta get home from work.

It stacks up the more you use it. Remember that most of such comparasions will be made each frame.

YanDev is a fucking laughing stock. He's been working on this game for, what, 6, 7 years? And all he has to show for it is a bunch of If/Then programming statements, tons of screenshots of him being a whiny bitch and the memory of him being the most fucking pathetic shill for his own channel on Yea Forums back in the day.

More required reading
pastebin.com/wXBcwJ4s

okay, so i looked it up, and apparently switch statements aren't just if chains wrapped up in nicer looking code, they also use lookup tables (which are fast) if there's more than 5 cases.
thanks for showing me the truth, mr code man

Attached: 65228162_p1.png (847x1200, 202K)

Wouldn't the compiler just optimize both to the same thing anyway?

Yandere Simulator: The Crysis of our time.