Final Fantasy VII OG

Was it as good as everyone hypes it to be or was it overrated?

Attached: ffvii.jpg (616x353, 28K)

Overrated is just a word faggots use to complain about things that are popular

I hate those chibi 3D models, I can't play it

It's good, but it's pretty dated and was dated within like 2 years.

Only 8 directions of movement, shitty character models, no true analog movement.

ix is much better

It's a very good game.

It's a very good game, one of the best Final Fantasy games and JRPGs in general, but also very overrated.

Tried to play it for the first time a week or so ago, and lost interest in less than an hour in, it looks like ass and plays like ass. I am sure it was great at the time but it must have aged like milk

People that say its overrated dont fully understand the whole storyline and how detailed the stuff with the Ancients / first humans is, and how much it pertains to our own human history.

FF7 wasn't a game, it was an intel leak.

Playing it again right now actually like I usually do every year. Controls aged poorly, and the ATB gameplay can be pretty fucking repetitive and annoying during the first 5-10 hours of the game, until you get materia and enemy skills to give you some options. But the charm was always the plot and characters, which hold up very well. A good story can essentially last forever, and by game standards FFVII is a pretty decent story.

Nothing changed, you just don't like this type of game. Pretty simple to get.

What were everyone's teams? I'm playing for the first time and just finished meeting Red's Grandfather. I have no idea who to stick with and keep switching members around whenever I can. Is Cait Sith even good?

Attached: 1558301629172.jpg (800x560, 362K)

Cloud, Cid, Yuffie

The only character I thought was complete ass was Vincent, but I probably just didn't know how to use him. Cloud and Cid are a must for me though and I actually also go with Yuffie like but I switch her with Tifa every now and then.

Yuffie with Counter 2x around level 50 is insane

Cait sith is only good if you learn how to manipulate his slots. Since limit breaks deal the most damage in the game Yuffie and Barret are hilariously strong as their level3 limits are only outmatched by Cid's last limitbreak.

It has the best protagonist arc of all FFs

it's memorable just for that

Just use whoever you want. Cait Sith is more support oriented than DPS, but it really doesn't matter. My smooth brained ass as a kid stuck all the good materia onto Cloud because I liked him the most, despite all the stat negatives on STR and HP hurting his primary role and I still beat the game easy enough. When I play now I usually go Cloud/Tifa/Cid, throwing in Yuffie every so often. Vincent gets absurdly good if you get his ultimate weapon and get like 60k kills or whatever the fuck it is, but who has time for that?

>Aeris will have her Kingdom Hearts "innocence personified" personality
>Tifa won't call Barret a retard
>Cid won't be abusive to Shera
>Barret won't dress up like a Popeye sailor
>Red XIII won't dress up like a Shinra soldier
>Yuffie won't have unbuttoned short shorts
>No marching or squatting minigames
>Since the entire game is just Midgar and you'd only have four party members until Red XIII joins at the end, Jessie and Biggs will get added as temp party members
>More focus on the Turks
>Rufus won't die
>Palmer won't randomly get hit by a truck when you beat him
>Scarlet won't name the world's most powerful weapon the Sister Ray
>Don Corneo won't try to rape a 16 year-old
>Crisis Core people will show up in Cloud's flashbacks
>Hojo won't try to breed Red XIII and Aeris
>Dio won't be a muscular guy in a speedo
>No Barret date, probably no Yuffie date
>No Tifa/Scarlet girly slapfight
>No gay sauna scene
>Fewer wacky enemies
>Increased emphasis on Zack, his parents are no longer missable
>Probably more about Cloud's past during Midgar since you can't have an entire game where you don't go into the protagonist's history
>Final boss of Midgar will no longer be a random tank
>They'll somehow work in "dilly-dally-shilly-shally"

Attached: download (1).jpg (820x620, 423K)

pretty sure if this game ends with a motorcycle jump out of midgar no one will complain

fpbp

its pretty damn good. i started playing it only after having watched my brother play it as a kid and its pretty entertaining. the dialogue is all great and the fights are not as grindy as modern games

Not final creation right? The big blue titty wasn't that good.