DQV

>Beautiful CGI
>Beautiful sound and feelings
>Beautiful art direction and visual effects
>Beautiful fight/action scenes
>Beautiful monsters and characters adaptation

>Probably the best videogame movie of all time, but no one is talking about it

Yeah, this movie doesn't matter because doesn't have "Pokémon" on its title.
But let's say Detective Mediocrachu is the best videogame adaptation so far...

(Inb4, yeah, I know DQ is not that big in the west. Everyone knows that...)

Attached: images (24).jpg (466x659, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eceWg3BlHP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I feel like this could be a decent success in the West if they showed trailers for it for kids. Could be the start of making the brand mean something over here and what better way than to start young.

Imagine being such a colossal fucking faggot that you can't unironically enjoy Detective Pikachu.

If you want to play DQ you have to get into the same mindset anyway.

Attached: detective-pikachu-mpc-9-social.jpg (1600x900, 130K)

Wait, is this out already? That poster says 8/2 though? Is it backwards?

Ive never even heard of this shit. Where can I watch it?

Attached: elfont hmm.png (650x650, 13K)

I believe in other countries, such as Japan, it's day/month/year, compared to month/day/year.

It's actually year/month/day
Literally only one place on earth is retarded enough to put the day in the middle

>Probably the best videogame movie of all time, but no one is talking about it
>Deborah is nowhere to be seen
I have located the problem.

The humans look bad
Except Flora because she is always cute

>Beautiful CGI
>Beautiful art direction and visual effects
>Beautiful monsters and characters adaptation
Wrong. Also, the story is totally changed from the original game. I honestly can't tell why Horii allowed his favorite game to be adapted this poorly.

>Smallest set of numbers
>Middle set of numbers
>Largest set of numbers
Sounds like we're the only ones who know anything about aesthetics.

Seconding this.

>no deb

Its shit

Attached: DQ5 Deborah 1.mp4_snapshot_00.06_[2014.04.05_19.06.53].jpg (640x480, 46K)

youtube.com/watch?v=eceWg3BlHP4

can't believe they removed the horse.

Attached: 1546034523722.jpg (873x1024, 88K)

31 is not a larger number than 99 you troglodyte

He is in we already saw him in the previous trailer

I loved the movie, but is mediocre

Why would noncanon-chan be in it?

That's why it goes in the middle?
Month/Day/Year
1-12/1-31/-1billion-1billion

>Bianca instead of nera
Garbage

That's even dumber than I thought you meant. You're basing this on circumstance. The numbers fluxuate so tomorrow it will be 6-20-19. Small-large-middle.

You can't put about 20hrs of story on a movie. Of course they will change it a little bit.

And you can't affirm something for free, at least give me some arguments about why it doesn't look that good.
It's okay having a different opinion, but...

That's why I said "set of numbers" and not physical numbers. Also what the fuck? Who the fuck would write it like that?

You spelled Debora wrong

>Debwhora
Cringe

I think kids would find the big bad too scary (I sure as fuck would when I was little), and the plot to 5 is pretty heavy.

>You can't put about 20hrs of story on a movie.
All the more reason not to do it. But when it comes to DQV, cutting out all the battles, you get a much shorter time. Still over an hour though. So not only are they cutting out the battles, but also the core of what makes Dragon Quest. Exploring the world and talking to NPCs. You can't recreate user interaction in a movie.

>Of course they will change it a little bit.
It's more than a little bit. They're changing key story elements they don't even need to change.

>at least give me some arguments about why it doesn't look that good.
-Art style is copied right from How to Train Your Dragon.
-Akira Toriyama designs changed for no real reason; this will cause a lot of people to skip the movie out of principle
-CGI instead of hand animation; goes against the style the series is known for and Japan's style as a whole
-Main heroes personality is now just a generic teenage hero; ironically this movie will show why silent protags you self insert into work better in DQ games than active characters separate from you
-Low quality animation as it's done by a start up animation group
-Needless story changes
-Seiyuu are really low quality compared to normal voice actors
-The whole project just has the feel of trying to copy western animation, rather than following the Japanese industry or doing their own thing; it comes off as a cheap knock off of 3D films, kind of like Illumination projects

Is this even out?

Dragon Quest V is way too grim for nu-children.

>-Art style is copied right from How to Train Your Dragon.
>-Akira Toriyama designs changed for no real reason; this will cause a lot of people to skip the movie out of principle
>-CGI instead of hand animation; goes against the style the series is known for and Japan's style as a whole
These three points are trite. People don't automatically lynch others for not copying the Akira style, despite what you might think, and CGI, ESPECIALLY HTTYD pseudo-pixar style is insanely popular and widely considered to be good.

>Main heroes personality is now just a generic teenage hero
That's literally how people view all of the heroes in general. Not just DQ, but any Japanese hero is "generic teenage hero".
>Needless story changes
Unquantifiable. But it leans more towards the "you're wrong" side just based on the fact that you're cramming 20 hours of story into a movie, so changes are in fact needed.
>Seiyuu are really low quality compared to normal voice actors
>The whole project just has the feel of trying to copy western animation,
Opinions. Shitty ones, at that.

>-CGI instead of hand animation; goes against the style the series is known for and Japan's style as a whole
This is a stupid reason. The series has been doing CGI games for 15 years now, and Japan isn't limited to just 2D. Doraemon's most recent movie was 3D too. And it's the most successful yet.

DQ isn't competing with Detective Pikachu since its by far the most ambitious thing Pokemon has done since BW
It's competing with this mess of a movie.

Attached: pokemon movie.png (633x396, 294K)

You mean way too red pilled to let them see it.
>White male takes responsibility for all of the wrong things that have happened in his life, becomes a hard worker, marries a white woman, then has children who also become hard working and responsible.
This is so antithetic to modern progressive Hollywood that I'm willing to bet money that if it was ever allowed in the states, it would get no press coverage and there would be attempts to sweep it under the rug as fast as possible.

God fuck off

user dragon quest V is my favorite and I'm so fucking excited for this

yeah it doesn't have toriyama's style for the humans but overall, if you love DQV you owe it to yourself to give it a chance. I honest to god have no idea how you're such a sourpuss over this movie when it seriously looks like they're giving it an honest shot.

Attached: kermitthefrogkermit.jpg (300x400, 28K)

Detective Pikachu was made by some nobodies in america, it's hardly anything close to ambitious.

Its made by Legendary and actually has a story unlike the modern Pokemon movies which are made by fucking OLM which is a literal who company

>it looks like a cheap knock off
what? that CGI looks like the best CGI I've seen in a long ass time. get your eyes checked. I appreciate 2D more than 3D but this movie looks cool

OP, you post like a newfag.

Legendary? Never heard of them.

>no Akira Toriyama eyes

dropped

>also the core of what makes Dragon Quest. Exploring the world and talking to NPCs. You can't recreate user interaction in a movie.
Good thing they chose the game probably the least dependent on user interaction and with the heaviest story focus.

They made the good King Kong and the good Godzilla, and everyone favorite John Wick
OLM is known for nothing.

Toriyama only made the art not the stories

How? They're legendary.

Being "known" for a certain subset of fucking King Kong is less than nothing. It's not even the real King Kong! It's his mexican non-union counterpart.

They're known for the only King Kong anyone cares about.

Agree

>These three points are trite. People don't automatically lynch others for not copying the Akira style
You really don't understand how the Japanese feel about this series. They already complained about various DQ games not looking right and are complaining about Hero in Smash. Am I saying I agree? No. I'm just saying, there clearly are people who will complain and boycott the movie over this.

>Opinions. Shitty ones, at that.
Your views are opinion too. The only "objective" measurement we will have is how well the movie ultimately performs.

This is fucking stupid. You know OLM makes the Pokemon series too right? That's not exactly nothing, they're definitely not a literally who company unless you literally know nothing.

Attached: Gorou can't deal.png (933x280, 255K)

So what DQ will they adapt into a film next?

Wow, they make a show that airs at like 4 AM in the US and no one watches vs John Wick dudes.

5 again, but this time the R18 version.

The biggest media franchise of all time vs a generic movie nobody actually saw and probably ranks under True Lies

Lowest rated anime vs biggest action movie starting biggest star

>You really don't understand how the Japanese feel about this series.
No I do. Just, the thing is, I'm not blind. I see the fanart and the spinoff comics. People make good art work that is well received and also outside the Akira artstyle. The only way it'll come to an angry mob is if a numbered DQ game got released. Hell, otherwise people would have lynched the recent remake of Magical Circle Guru Guru which was a HUGE parody to Dragon Quest.

>Your views are opinion too.
But mine aren't objectively shitty like yours are.

Attached: Juju dead guru.jpg (1920x3240, 1.39M)

Hopefully none of them. Make an original anime TV series with the sense of adventuring and tone of the games. Or just revive Slayers.

None of what you said is true, ESPECIALLY the CGI

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 140K)

d-did you like my post?

Attached: 1555904002776.gif (659x576, 137K)

>I don't agree with your views therefore they're shit and invalid
Right back at ya.

Watch Magical Circle Guru Guru

>The only "objective" measurement we will have is how well the movie ultimately performs.
You're fucked on that measure.
Maybe a small amount of retards on 2ch were complaining like how a small amount of retards on here will complain and boycott everything, but sentiment was very positive on the movie. There are always idiots who will complain and boycott over anything. For Dragon Quest, if the sales are anything to go by they're an extreme minority.

Attached: Pleb Guru.webm (482x270, 1.49M)

That looks very amazing. The CGI really makes him feels like a shonen hero.

Being the same as the original ≠ Good
Being different ≠ Bad

Just look at the Mewtwo movie remake, they look like ugly toys

Yeah ok, Shill brigade. It looks like shit, and unfaithful to the original design.
And don't fucking tell me the original design wouldnt look good in 3D, decades of dragon ball games prove your point wrong

You have autism.

It's one thing to make fanart of a character in your style, but still keeping true to the original design. It's another to change huge aspects of the original design and stick it into Dreamworks style. The characters not only look different because they're in Dreamworks style, but because they changed aspects of the base design. And then the characters personalities are totally different as well.

Good fanart will at least keep the personality and base characteristics. This fanart I just posted obviously doesn't look like Toriyama at all. But it keeps the clothes, proportions, character expressions and etc on model. This CGI movie isn't even doing that. If the hero wasn't wearing a huge purple turban, he wouldn't be recognizable at all. He would just look like some knock off of Aladdin. And characters like and Bianca look NOTHING like her original design. Even overlooking the CGI style, this doesn't look like Dragon Quest at all. They have to actually tell you who the characters are in the trailer and put a slime on the movie poster because of how different they look.

Attached: 64c809a547d7b50231c59fd8ab060de6.jpg (750x1237, 1.03M)

You have autism.

>no Toriyama art
D-R-O-P-P-E-D

Yeah, surely it would be as cool as the beautiful and non-ugly Jump Force graphics...

Lol no

I've said it for years, DQ fans are fucking obnoxious and think the world owes them because their franchise is the Call of Duty of Japan

"A few retards and racists will boycott the movie, but our internal research says the movie will do amazingly well!"- Sony, just before the release of Ghostbusters 2016

"We totally gave the finger to the fans and catered to the Twitter mob. What went wrong?!"-Sony, after Ghostbusters came out

>You have autism.
Yes, I actually study the things I comment on and make arguments to support my claims. Unlike you.

So does Chris-chan, Autism kun.

Key difference: Literally the entire internet was on fire with controversy before the movie was released, with the trailer having an absolutely ridicluosly low like:dislike ratio for one movie, and the other seems to be well received so far with polite internet discussion and positive feedback.

Can YOU guess how retarded you are on a scale of 1-10? Spoiler: It's higher than the number of the Dragon Quest game this movie is based off of.

>They already complained about various DQ games not looking right
Yet every game sells more than the last hmmmm
Instead of drawing some dumb parallel that doesn't even work, this should tell you something about your sources on the sentiment of Dragon Quest in Japan

>DQ 7
>8
>2
>10
>>>>>>>>>

>and the other seems to be well received so far with polite internet discussion and positive feedback.
Source needed. Because all the stuff I saw related to this movie, both in Japan and worldwide, was a resounding "meh." And the most numerous comments about it were people questioning the design change.

Where's all these people praising and supporting the movie?

>Can YOU guess how retarded you are on a scale of 1-10? Spoiler: It's higher than the number of the Dragon Quest game this movie is based off of.
>has to start insulting the poster to deflect from the actual argument, which is starting to go against him

Attached: 1317112269159.jpg (1000x750, 570K)

You have autism.

>Yet every game sells more than the last hmmmm
No they don't. DQX and XI sold less than IX. They still sold well and people got over the style change. But you're still making an argument that doesn't support your claims. You should have just said "the games continue to sell well despite design changes." But then, you'd be repeating what I already said. And not "blowing me the fuck out" with some silver bullet comment like you're trying to do.

>Instead of drawing some dumb parallel that doesn't even work
Oh, the irony.

Girls look fine I feel, the protagonist is a bit too scrawny looking though, looks almost like a girl.

The depiction of Gema though is fantastic, fucker looks evil as shit and I love how expresive he is. Real excited to see Mildrath.

Attached: 1560891053034.png (1322x554, 1.11M)

XI will be above IX once the Switch port is out

I'll take that as a sign you have nothing to back up your argument. And you're covering up assumptions.

You have autism.

>American Kirby boxart Slime

Attached: 1483107372220.png (400x400, 30K)

Hopefully. I really do hope DQXI blows up after Smash and becomes the best selling DQ, leading to a huge fanbase in the west. They might have even made this movie with the west in mind. It would explain a great many things about why they chose this design style and making it CGI.

But it still doesn't change your previous statement being wrong.

>I'm gonna keep responding until I get the last word
ftfy

They're trying really hard to get DQ to take off in the west, and it's never going to fucking work

Here's your secondary antagonist bro.

Attached: 1560903196307.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

No, I'm legitimately letting you know that you have severe autism. I would frankly rather take the loss than begin to work through your mental problems to set you straight again. If you want some self-reflection though, start with the fact that you yourself are basing all of your assumptions and analogies off of a very distant version of Earth that doesn't match up with reality or is provable.

Don't bother with the reply, I'm hoping out of this thread.

You still have autism.

Attached: Friends and Sweethearts.jpg (335x300, 60K)

Where's best girl?

Attached: 1093854-1.jpg (664x960, 77K)

This doesn't have anything to do with the west. I doubt they will even bring it over.

>Tries to claim he's above the argument
>keeps responding
You have autism.

Shut the fuck up both of you.

Obviously shit will be cut, it't to be expected. What will matter is if the film can stand on its own as a fun but alternate interpretation of DQV.

As of now nothing has given major signs of it being bad but who knows, let's just hope for the best.

Attached: 3167027_p0.jpg (700x979, 531K)

I legitamitely wonder if this movie isn't going to have the kids. Since I haven't seen them in any previews. If this whole movie is "adapted" so much that it only takes place up to the marriage, then it is confirmed to be a failed adaptation of DQV.

He is their ally and means serious business. He's gonna show Bishop Ladja what for.

The son is literally right on the poster in the OP.

Where? The shadowed figure on the right of Gema? And if that's the son, where's the daughter?

What are the best versions of each game?

So is Super Sayan Gohan going to be in this or not?

Attached: Gohan.png (576x867, 504K)

Attached: Dragon Quest Beginner's Guide v2.png (700x4271, 2.41M)

Everyone and their mother is rushing to make their own guides to explain this. But here's the old one.

Attached: DQ_Where_To_Start_Ver_3.jpg (1635x7758, 2.09M)