Just wait for datamine

Why don't you fags just wait for the next character files to get leaked? I remenber a lot of retards saying Brave isnt Erdrick becuase is "too obvious" and now they are BTFO, just wait to Banjo uptade and then datamine

Attached: 1560821230282m.jpg (1024x664, 157K)

Post more "erdrick is NEVER EVER" compilations.

Attached: plantposter.png (1780x3570, 1.53M)

i'm sure that they will make sure that there is no leftover stuff in updates since the brave stuff accurately pinpointed erdrick (it was all 4 DQ protags, but still)

Attached: 1546748623549.jpg (1920x1440, 279K)

they should put completely false red herrings in this time

One would think they would do that when Ryu and Roy got leaked but here we are

I never thought Erdrick was a never-ever, but it's not unreasonable to think that the codename wouldn't be that obvious, especially with Joker's internal name being "Jack".

>Joker's internal name being "Jack".
Jack Frost
kinda obvious

>74 rippōtai
i don't know japanese so i just google translated "cube"

I want to see the datamine just to see what name they put for Banjo

user, if we got the names leaked before we know about Joker, i can gurantee you right now that people wouldve had a giant war about the character being Jack Frost or Raiden from Metal Gear

"Brave cant be hero as brave is the lenght of ness and lucas" "Erdrick is leakbait" LMAO stupid fucks got owned

>Kind of obvious

Not for fucking Joker, everybody and their mother wouldve expected the rep to literally be Jack Frost

We had jack and doyle. If dataminers shared the information we could have easily guessed joker.

>all 4 DQ protags
>all

I blame square enix, i bet it was their decision

This
>Random user finds that Doyle has a correlation with Sherlock Holmes and Arsene,
>another user Bringas Jack to the tablet
>2+2

Attached: plantfag.png (986x624, 149K)

JACK
JACK
HE'S A PSYCHOMANIAC

i meant all that are playable

You have to keep in mind that the dataminers were too retarded to figure it out but managed to figure out Erdrick

You can't assume we wouldve when it took us literally 3 months

To be fair, his posts weren't rejecting the idea of Erdrick getting him

He's just shitposting that he doesnt fucking care, which most of the west didn't
It's kind of telling that japan were more hyped for Banjo than everyone else was for The Hero

Thanks for all the free Dragon Quest marketing, slotfags. You've really given Dragon Quest a boost.

Attached: 1545287426013.gif (476x357, 210K)

>erdrick's not in it's just an alt skin

Attached: 1546779062829.jpg (528x792, 66K)

You forget that Arsene was fucking Doyle. They don't give a fuck about making these names not obvious.

how does brave = erdrick?
it could have been literally anyone

Do we not have the rest of the code names? Not even Banjo's? And what happened to Brave being as tall as Mario? Those heros don't look very short.

Japan had Banjo on every poll since Brawl. They're the reason we've gotten every Rare character. Because for some reason, Japan obsesses over Rare characters. The only one we haven't gotten that was on all the polls is Krystal (which is why Sakurai made her an assist trophy).

So what's really stupid are the idiots who think Banjo was some consolation prize for the west. Banjo got in because Japan obsesses over him. No one in the west even remembered Banjo until rumors about him being in Smash started up. And over time, they'll only associate Banjo with Smash Bros, because he's not getting good original games.

Dragon Quest on the other hand is probably going to get more popular over time, since it keeps getting yearly games. So while people now are claiming "literal who?" Down the line, Dragon Quest Hero will probably be more popular than Banjo.

Attached: dragon_quest_pots.jpg (614x952, 564K)

> Erdri- OH SHIT

Attached: Screenshot (211).png (1366x768, 1.17M)

Hero is called 勇者 in Japan. A translation for 勇者 is Brave.

D-did Sakurai know?

>Piranha Plant was sleeping because Hero cast snooze on him
DEEPEST LORE

Can they even save banjo after the somewhat fun but seriously offputting nuts and bolts game? It felt so out of place considering the games it followed. I don't hold out any hope Microsoft is willing to try again.

>it could have been literally anyone
It could have. However, the ones that immediately come to mind are less likely. A Bravely character didn't seem likely. Brave can be a generic code for any hero or swordsman like Link or a Xenoblade rep. But they're already in the game. Brave is an actual skill in some RPGs like Suikoden, but that'll never happen. There's "Brave" Fencer Musashi. But the games name is different in Japanese, the game was on Sony platforms and he's not that well known.

When you start going down the list, Dragon Quest was the most logical choice. Brave is a common story theme related to Roto. And of course, it's just a general allusion to what a hero is.

Erdrick is Loto. Loto is the hero from Dragon Quest III. He's one of the four characters. Really wish the female version was in game though.

Attached: 1560326799336.png (549x480, 94K)

I donno. I only played the first Banjo game. But being on a totally different platform and not being done by the same core team, I don't think the odds are good Banjo will be a healthy, growing IP. If Microsoft was smart, they would drop their exclusivity rule and make a Banjo game for Switch. But they would rather let a failing IP die than help their competition. I honestly wonder how they got the rights for Banjo at all.

>Brave is a common story theme related to Roto.
It's even simpler. Brave is just a way you can translate yuusha, the japanese word for hero.