Sephiroth is a knock-off design from Escaflowne, a nearly forgotten anime from the mid 90s

Sephiroth is a knock-off design from Escaflowne, a nearly forgotten anime from the mid 90s.

How did the hack Noruma get away with it? Surely somebody has notice this?

Attached: Untitled.png (405x374, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MNRFOiqksNI
youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>muh faverett anime invented a long haired guy with a sword and overcoat
is that even a katana?

Sephiroth is basically
>what if the badass cool looking hero was actually the bad guy

What other swords curve like that?

It came out around the same time as FFVII was being developed.

the hair even has the same bangs
>co-coincidence I swear

Sephiroth is more like Vicious from Cowboy Bebop. Although Sephiroth was actually better developed.

looks like a generic 1700s musketeer dude

nah bruh. sephiroth copied from that boss in Dragon Quest 4.

>coincidence I swear
Good we're in agreement then

And phantasy star did the party member girl perma dying twice before ff7.

It is pretty much garuanteed that you're a zoomer if you haven't seen Escaflowne.

It was the cult hit of the early 00s.

Attached: vlcsnap-2016-04-09-15h39m02s69.png (720x540, 667K)

Are you the same schizo faggot who claimed Nomura was ripping off Berserk in that other thread?
>HNNG COAT BANGS SWORD IS DA SAME
complete mouth breathing retard. Sephiroth is also clearly the superior design.

It came out in Japan the same year Escaflowne was being aired and Allen didn't show up until like mid season so Sephy-kun is probably just an ironic typical edglord anime character design.

sure except it was just Gundam for girls

No, actually. I have no Idea what thread you're talking about. I think you're the schizo here friendo.

>complete mouth breathing retard. Sephiroth is also clearly the superior design.
Nobody actually has compared the quality of the designs but you, cunt.

Escaflowne is nearly forgotten now? I'm either too old or you are just being stupid. It's probably a mixture of both though.

its called a nodachi retard

Attached: 135.png (680x680, 124K)

Gundam is for everyone.

It kind of is, who actually talks about it anymore? it was a cult hit and unlike something like Cowboy Bebop it has largely faded into obscurity. Look at all the young 'uns on here that don't know it.

Nah

Wow look at this early Sephiroth conceptual art! Toooootal ripoff of literal who goldilocks here! Toooootally the same design!

Get help schizo

Attached: Sephiroth_Early_Art.jpg (857x569, 193K)

>duur it isn't a sword, it's a great sword

It could be a wazikashi and he could be really short, you spastic.

>Escaflowne
>Forgotten anime from the mid-90s.
????

OP BTFO

Gundam is for everyone, yes.

but Escaflowne was for girls. Hell even the title sounds like women's antipersperant

Just because some kids don't know about a piece of media does not mean it is forgotten. It was popular in its day and is still remembered and loved by many.

It was also garbage with writing equal to that of a shiity daily sitcom for housewives.
At least the mechs and music was good otherwise the anime is borderline trash
t. Rewatched it just a few months ago

you're a nodachi retard, nodachi retard

Sephiroth's design is just iterative tweaks to the Soldier design which is itself a remodeling of the Bio Soldier enemy from FF5.

Ya'll niggas is dumb.

Nobody said they were the same, just similar. It is as if you are obsessive and also have poor reading comprehension. I suggest a bullet pill.

>nearly forgotten
Fuck you, I remembered.

Attached: 1545942774974.png (512x512, 143K)

I don't see it and it's probably bullshit but I'll believe you.

Attached: BioSoldier-ffv.gif (132x132, 3K)

you implying this niggas 3 feet tall

you called it a knock-off, user. do you know what that expression means?

I do, typically knock offs aren’t the same as what they are copying but similar.

The two designs aren’t the same, but they are very similar.

>Sephiroth is a knock-off design from Dragon Quest
FTFY

Attached: 442px-DQIV_DS_Psaro_artwork.png (442x600, 320K)

Actually I'm 90% certain that Sephiroth is most heavily based on the character "Top Dollar" from The Crow. Released 1994, became a big hit due to an incident; features a gothic dystopian city.

The character himself has the closest to Sephiroth's hair you can get in real life; he's an aloof leader obsessed with his female partner and halfway through the movie starts wearing a katana on his back after learning that the Crow is coming for him.

If you haven't seen The Crow, I recommend it. It has that same 90's grunge vibe that Final Fantasy VII has.

Attached: 3e75bd3fcf216588a04df6897704988e.jpg (300x300, 15K)

I remember Escaflowne, I really liked it when I was a kid, then they suddenly stopped airing it in the middle of the story. I was pretty pissed about that. I think my sister told me later that the story brings up the idea of bastard children and they decided they couldn't air that for kids.

>grunge vibe

bro the movie looks just like a gothic or industrial night club from the 90s

>SOLDIER uniform with trenchcoat
Goddamn, why didn't they kept him like this? He looked great.

Attached: 1554230697873.png (364x271, 56K)

So does Final Fantasy VII.

that's close to the grunge idea...

Huh, I wondered why it just stopped airing. It was a neat show, I got into it as a kid too.

You mean Vicious is like Sephiroth. Cowboy bebop came out in what, 99, 2001 ish?

Christ how was toriyama so good with outfits

Really has a knack for it, just enough detail to be interesting without being overwhelming.

>it's a knock off
>he's a hack
>w-well actually i said th-they're similar

fuck off faggot

Outfits and machinery.

He's a knock off Elric of Melnibone.

Attached: You do not impress Gleese.gif (500x391, 2.05M)

*DUNDUNDUNDUNDUNDUNDUN*

NE~ AISHITARA

Allen is blonde and uses a mecha to fight, he is in all forms a hero character, which sephiroth is not. They color scheme is not even close to eachother.
you are retarded.

>a nearly forgotten anime from the mid 90s.
not to me, still have the full OST in my phone.

Attached: 1560472322090.png (640x478, 431K)

remember that time when anime wasn't shit? i remember

youtube.com/watch?v=MNRFOiqksNI

youtube.com/watch?v=O_49H_N43jQ

fuck u zoomers

Sephiroth is a blatantly obvious knock-off design of Ghaleon from Lunar: The Silver Star Story.
PROVE ME WRONG

>what if the badass cool looking hero was actually the bad guy
Totally original concept that totally wasn't ripped from ghaleon's role in Lunar: The Silver Star Story.

Attached: 1176171560043.jpg (850x356, 129K)

Go suck some Moor cock.

>Totally original concept that totally wasn't ripped from ghaleon's role in Lunar: The Silver Star Story

It was neither of those things when Lunar did it you pretentious fuck.

Attached: oooooo.gif (480x277, 31K)

Literally the only good thing about Escaflowne is the mecha designs.
Everything else is so shit it makes you want to rip your eyes out. And ears to stop hearing the terrible dialogue.