Is this thing worth $50?

Is this thing worth $50?

Attached: 8161099.jpg (225x225, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/warrantyinfo.jsp
8bitdo.com/wireless-usb-adapter/
twitter.com/horiusainc/status/1139253902711255040
slickdeals.net/f/13156888-nintendo-switch-pro-controller-40-free-shipping-for-first-time-google-express-customers
amazon.com.au/Wireless-Bluetooth-Adapter-Nintendo-Switch-Raspberry/dp/B0786JC6VW
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I pretty much essential to at least own one of these. that price should not be a factor for what you are gaining.

Of course not

I certainly don't regret buying mine.

I just use a Wii U pro controller

No way I'm paying for an expensive controller

Only if you're playing your Switch a lot or plan on making use for it with your PC as well, or just high Vidya consumption.
I got Top 100 at a Koopa Race on Odyssey in handheld mode, so if you think Joycons are serviceable, you can pass.

No absolutely not, I was getting weird lag and sticking controls from day one, even when plugged into the damn switch. This was a waste of $50 dollars. I would recommend you put that money towards a better use.

Yes, absolutely. Way better than the Joycons.

its the best controller i ever held in my hands

it's a great controller

Bought a second hand wired one the other day and the right stick keeps drifting upwards. Is there any way to fix this? The "calibrate controller" option does not work.

Best controller of this gen unironically.
Wished it had fat grips like the GCN controller tho

Didn't mean to quote. I'm talking about the Switch pro controller, not Wii U.

a bit expensive (65$ in my country)
but its waaaay better than the joycons

Attached: 577230480592863273.png (115x128, 22K)

Have you updated your controller?

60$***

No. Get 8bitdo SNES controller instead.

Its pretty high quality, but the real reason. Is that the joycons are so shit.

Not until Nintendo actually fixes the Dpad. It either doesn't read an input or inputs a completely different direction than what you pressed.

Yeah. Didn't help.

You know where he lives?

maybe because I'm using the smash version but I played with the dpad just fine in 2d games

Maybe. I have heard that some people luck out and don't get this problem. My controller has it. It's very frustrating when you're playing a game like Tetris 99 or Cadence of Hyrule and the input doesn't register properly.

the left stick will be covered in white dust like a week after you buy it and the deadzone will never go back to normal

Attached: 1560206082534.gif (190x207, 48K)

>the left stick will be covered in white dust like a week
my issue is that its bubbling up inside the analog stick and creating bumps

Just buy a dongle and use the Xbone or DS4 controller you have lying around.

Yes

Did you also at any point connect it to your PC via bluetooth? I had that problem and when I removed it from my connected devices it stopped being a problem.

is there a dongle for Wii U Pro?

I think pretty much every dongle supports Xbone, DS4, and Wii U Pro. At least the two big ones do.

No. Mine broke after 6-8 months of NOT using it a single day, also the triggers are buttons, they are not actual triggers. Say you are playing rocket league or whatever car game, you go from 0 to 100 they are binary

Well, maybe they give you a cheap joystick.
Did you buy it from Nintendo or a store like Amazon? Sometimes they have some warranty for repairs.
Check here:
nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/warrantyinfo.jsp

Yeah, I'm and I use a dongle for the Wii U pro. I use the mayflash adapter. It can use XBox and PS4 controllers too.

I use it for the switch and PC.

Anything's better than the Asscons. I bought a wired one for $25 and it works fine. It doesn't read amiibos but amiibos are for fags anyway.

WAIT.
You have a 3rd party controller, right? Well then you’ll have to replace or ask someone to replace the joystick

Just buy the bootleg version off of ebay for 20 bucks if you just want a good controller. It has good motion controls (if you wanna), but the rumble is as basic as it gets. NFC doesn't matter unless you like using outdated toys for the Wii U.

I know I got the steam controller for less than that, but it was on sale at the time.

am i the only one who loves the joycons ?

I actually have one of these, but what can you play on the switch using it?

I bought the powera switch controller cause everyone says it has a better d pad than the pro controller, but I've only had it for like 3 weeks and the d pad already doesn't work anymore. It really sucks cause the only game I've been playing is Xenoblade of all games. Why does Nintendo have to be such Jews and overprice their shit?

They're a fun little gimmick for the motion shit but they're ass for proper vidya. Hollow Knight got me to buy a real controller. Need that d-pad for those tight bosses.

Wait so the mayflash for PC works with Switch?

joycons fucking suck, so of course its good to have
ON THE OTHER FUCKING HAND: NO CONTROLLER SHOULD BE AS MUCH AS A GAME

Whatever you do, don't get those shitty unofficial ones. I got a Mario one and the wire never fucking stays in, the thing barely works.

>Paying $50 for a mediocre controller with a non-functional d-pad
Fuck no. An official product should have HUGE flaws like this

A-anything? I’m confused, what do you mean? Its a controller...you just use it. I like it for the d-pad so I guess I’ll say games with an emphasis on using that. Like retro style games.

"Official" third party controllers are actually worse than knockoff ripoffs of the pro controller, cause they have shitty "extra features" like turbo and extra buttons, which are excuses to amp the prices for the shitty controller it actually is.

literally every console controller post-gamecube has been this price, get fucked cuck

I prefer the things I buy to not have any problems but different strokes for different folks I guess.

Well I guess I'm not thinking about it enough but I just figured that you need more buttons for most modern games?

Let's drop the act here for a second: just buy the GC controller if you really want to be all lit in Smash.

I don't have a switch pro to use on PC but, judging from the product description, I think it does

Right, I’m referring to the 8bitdo Pro Controllers that are made to look exactly like SNES controllers with added thumbsticks and R2/L2 buttons. Its better than the Nintendo Pro controller IMO.

Wait, the one I have precedes Switch's existence.

dpad is utter shit but other than that it's worth it

This is my setup.
Both the Switch Pro and the SN30 Pro have issues with their d-pads (same infrastructure).
You need to open them up and partially cover the central part of the d-pad connectors with either a piece of tape or something similiar to fix it (search on youtube how, it's actually quite easy).

No, the Switch Pro is absolutely not worth the price they ask for it.
I still think it's a good controller aside the d-pad problem, it's just that it's quite simply overpriced.

I recommend everything else in this image, anything other than those 2 never gave me a single issue for as long as i've used them.

Attached: Controllers Switch.jpg (2062x2318, 583K)

D Pad is shit.

Literally everything else about the controller is god tier. It feels really nice to hold.

Keep in mind that the d-pad on those controllers has the same issue as the Pro.
But yes the overall shape is better, at least to my hands, and it's more comfy to use compared to a Switch Pro.
Much cheaper, too.
It's slightly more frail tho, perhaps?
So i recommend handing over a Switch Pro to your retarded hulk smash cousin/friend if they're coming over and want to play, it's more bulky and retard proof.

maybe it's just me but I thought the SNES 8bit controller looked unergonomic? I mean it's fine as an SNES controller but the sticks make it look hard to hold.

paid full price for it and don't regret it/ It's arguably the best controller you can buy, depending on your preferences. The only issue with it is the terrible dpad

I especially like the shoulder buttons and triggers, they have a nice shape.
Also it's matte, i don't care abut what anyone says: matte is always the fucking best.
Gets less dirty, better grip, less immediately visible handprints, etc.
Nice grips on the back too.
It really is a shame about that d-pad.

Attached: 718TAUyxh8L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1056, 153K)

>maybe it's just me but I thought the SNES 8bit controller looked unergonomic
Depends on your hands but it's nice and tiny, compact.
For me it's ok.
If your hands are really big you might run into some issues.

Personally haven’t had a problem with that, but I will say it’s probably not going to be comfortable for everyone. If you need handles and curves to your controller, it’s a deal breaker for sure.

Same, the controller has a perfect amount of heft to it and the way it fits in the hands is perfect. my only problem with it is i'm not too keen on the shoulder buttons and of course the d-pad sucks.

AhHh, I was unaware of that. I just have the regular wireless one for my SNES classic. That makes much more sense, thanks for clearing it up!

well if it's any consolation, I found the original SNES controller fine to the hands, I'm just speculating if the additional analog sticks would make it cumbersome

Between this and the Wii U Pro, which has the better battery life?

WiiU Pro has double the battery life.
WiiU Pro has 80 hours, Switch Pro has 40.
It's impressive in both cases and blows the absolute fuck out of a xbone and PS4 controller, but it's sad that we lost the absolutely crazy WiiU Pro charge, i'd charge that thing basically just once every almost 2 months, regardless of intense use, it was crazy.

I guess the gyro and hd rumble took most of the life, but the battery experience is (almost) there

Yes
Unless you have girl or children hands, its essential.
The trigger buttons aren't sized very good though.
The left and right trigger buttons should be switched with the left and right Z buttons.

Also if you don't like it, buy the 8bitdo switch adapter.
Then you can use any controller you want.
8bitdo.com/wireless-usb-adapter/

Is this better than the xbox one s controller for Linux gaming?

I haven’t had a problem with the sticks hanging (not that I noticed anyways)

>go on craigslist
>find some guy selling a shit load of brand new pro controllers and other sealed first party games for half off price
>snag a pro controller, bayo 1+2, Odyssey for $90 bucks

The controller is nice but I play handheld mode most of the time anyway

Attached: fancy gore.png (256x256, 48K)

you realize he just sold you stolen shit right?

sup, fellow neutralchad

Attached: hee based, ho.png (492x638, 28K)

So?

It’s currently on sale for $40, my guy

It's 80 in kangarooland. Kill me

What's the best third party controller that's D-pad heavy?

that’s so expensive, fuck you piece of shit

How good is the Hori-con? Definitely want to pick one of those up.

Cross d-pad: 8bitdo SN30 Pro.
Saturn style d-pad: 8bitdo M30.

OR

A Retro-Bit officially licensed SEGA controller, but for now they're only wired via USB if i'm not mistaken.

Attached: RB-SGA-001.png (1200x1200, 1.03M)

Great, but completely empty inside.
No "detached" control, no vibration, no NFC reader etc.
It's 100% a dedicated handheld joycon that only exists for the d-pad.
It's great if that's the only thing you want.

In the near future, Hori is going to release a couple of modified cons that go together and change the switch into having a proper grip and be bulkier.
It's called the "Split Pad Pro".
And that will also include the good d-pad.
However it's japan only for now.
But it'll come out in the west soon:

twitter.com/horiusainc/status/1139253902711255040

Attached: HORI-Grip-Controller-Switch-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

>Cross d-pad: 8bitdo SN30 Pro.
I thought that had the same D-pad as the Switch Pro?

How did nintendo go from making the amazing wii u Pro controller to the joy-con/pro controller?

Attached: 1546460108395.png (1280x720, 438K)

are you kidding or do you actually use food stamps?

The only downside with the Switch Pro is the lower battery life which is still pretty high. The buttons are better, the triggers are better and matte > gloss

It has the same problems wich is if you mash up/down back/foward it'll misread inputs due to the internal design.
But the outside shape, grip and size are 1000 times better.
It's still way, way better than using the Switch Pro d-pad, obviously.

Attached: 57547457847.jpg (2000x1333, 492K)

Cheapest I could find is $50. Which store is selling it for $40?

The Switch Pro has:

-Better triggers/shoulder buttons
-Still a really great battery life
-Matte, instead of gloss

And the d-pad of both is pretty bad, so it's not like you magically get a better d-pad if you get a WiiU Pro.

I think its dead

slickdeals.net/f/13156888-nintendo-switch-pro-controller-40-free-shipping-for-first-time-google-express-customers

My left stick is messed up.

How is this overall for Maryo? I plan on buying a couple for SMM2

no buy some weed instead

It's fine for anything that isn't a fighting game.
But don't alternate too fast or you'll get misinputs.
If it bothers you too much you can open it up and fix it by yourself with a piece of tape or glue + very thin plastic (there's tutorials on yt on how to do it, doesn't take much).

no. get xbox one controller

is there anything with a layout like this but with a dpad similar to the vitas?

Then pop it open and fix it. It's possibly the easiest controller to unscrew.

You want a segmented d-pad?
You're probably better off getting an 8BitDo wireless USB adapter or mayflash adapter and just connecting your PS4 controller to whatever you want.

Attached: wireless-usb-adapter.png (400x300, 25K)

hell yea
I've been playing it for MHGU
I haven't charged it in 4 weeks, I've been playing non stop and its still fine

wii u pro dpad is waaaaay better. Switch pro con launch edition is fuckin garbage and doesnt even register correctly. maybe they fix it recently but the old switch procon dpad sucks.

A controllers a controller user, it dosn't matter if it's Japan exclusive. Just hop on Amazon jp and have it shipped from there, not like it's a game where you need to read it, right?

Uhhh sure, but importing adds an extra cost.
Why do that when the product with be released in the west too, and once it is, you can just buy it with no added import cost?

Fuck yes. Never went back to those faulty joycons

Attached: 1560800860705.png (600x600, 443K)

anyone got any experiecne with these things?
>amazon.com.au/Wireless-Bluetooth-Adapter-Nintendo-Switch-Raspberry/dp/B0786JC6VW
worth it?

Ye it works.
Just remember to update it's drivers, they're on the 8bitdo page, under "support".