This game has quite possibly the worst story of any game that I have ever played to completion...

This game has quite possibly the worst story of any game that I have ever played to completion. How did they manage to fuck it up this badly? The story in the first game was nowhere near as retarded as the story in this game.

Attached: xenoblade2.jpg (616x353, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20619
xenoblade.github.io/xb2/bdat/qst105610_ms.html
xenogearsxenosagastudyguide.blogspot.com/
pastebin.com/YYHTsJ62
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

meh its just the standard jrpg story background noise

I thought it was pretty benign. Certainly not going to win any awards and full of cliches, but seeing how dumb the anime bullshit got was entertaining and enough of the characters were likable for me to stay interested until the end.

If you think thats bad you should check out Cold Steel

You never played the game, OP.

Based OP dabbing on shit taste weebs

Attached: xenotrash14.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

>Xc1 story being good

Not with that fucking dumbass twist at the ending( which xc2 needed to explain/retcon) it isnt

Is this the Xenoblade 2 thread?

I extracted the .XCI from my cartridge, decrypted multiple parts of it, and now I'm at the point where I have access to all the models and their textures. This has taken me 3 days and 3 versions of Visual Studio and I'm still not at the point where I can actually VIEW the models. But I want to maybe do a texture dump so that people have access to that stuff.

Current focus is trying to get this
forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20619
working. I downloaded the free Autodesk FBX Review because 3DS Max is an expensive SaaS, but I'm having a terrible time trying to get everything I come across to compile properly.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

AAAHHHHH BRIGHID I WANNA NUT LET ME NUT

Attached: 1537113850563.jpg (529x359, 33K)

It was a pretty standard shounen adventure with a spicy twist near the end it was neither bad nor good if you invested time in the other games then it was an interesting roller coaster during the final chapters but as a stand-alone it was acceptable enough to hold peoples interest.

You must have never played Persona 5.

Most JRPGs have generic stories filled with cliches, often with plotholes that you notice after applying a little bit of thought into what you have just witnessed. The story in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 falls apart right as you're experiencing it.

Just thinking of one example off the top of my head, there's Niall's death scene. He ordered his blade to shield everyone from the explosion, but then for literally no reason he decides to move out of the safety zone and gets himself killed. It's safe to assume that he does die, seeing as his blade goes back to its core crystal, but then Nia revives him with her powers (which she never thought to use on Vandham or any other important character that died in the game). And apparently the explosion wasn't even strong enough to kill Bana, since it is revealed that he simply got arrested. So there was pretty much zero reason for this entire scene to happen at all.

Then we have Jin, whose motivations make zero fucking sense unless we assume that he has brain damage. Then have the final chapter, which not only fails to adequately explain the unanswered questions of the previous chapters, but raises a load more unanswered questions as well as including a bunch of hamfisted references to the first game which arguably makes the story in that game make even less sense. The game also decides to have one final sacrifice at the very end, but then they make all those final scenes of the game utterly pointless in a post-credits scene (and apparently Pyra and Mythra are two separate people now).

I'm wasn't expecting this game to have a particularly great story, but the XC1 started off as a pretty bog-standard revenge story that later became a bit more complex but ended up introducing a few holes because of that. Despite its flaws it served its purpose well enough to keep the flow of events happening. XC2's story was just shit throughout.

You're literally a moron if you found Xenoblade 1's ending confusing or dumb.

Persona 5's story is dumb but at least it has likeable enough party members. Xenoblade's 2 party members range from being dull to grating with the only exception being Zeke.

>hey bro it turns out I'm an AI and also the actual god but I'm only telling you this at the literal end of the game lmao

The story was great and retroactively made the weaker parts in the secondhalf of the first game way better.

I must have spent a year wondering why Malos just dropped Sever. Then I rewatched the ending chapter 3 cutscene again and realized he was destroyed along with Obrona, but Obrona must have been the one I was focusing on.

"Holding onto someone/someone's memory so tightly you betray what they stood for and what they would have wanted" is a pretty standard story arc.

I love Xenoblade lore but honestly it's really fucked up, especially at the first playthrough.

Close 2nd, but Nier:A had the worst story.

Can't help unfortunately, but great work so far. I'm interested to see how you get on.

Nopon have comedic armor, considering the bathtub mermaid lesbian kicked one across continents/titans
Jin is also literally human coldsteel but there's no real defending this except for the fact he didn't kill Rex asap
You can argue that Nia began to trust people, but yeah why the fuck should she heal Niall of all people? and the Pyra and Mythra being separate people is the most retarded asspull move the game does especially since they could had done the ending so much better

The segment in chapter 6 that you're talking about is fucking garbage, but none of the parts you mentioned are actually plot holes. It's not nonsensical, it's just a terrible scene.
Niall runs out of the shield because he's trying to prevent the explosion by grabbing the detonator before Bana can actually press it. Blade shields aren't a perfect defense, and the one Aegaeon put up was only protecting the people in the room with him, not any of the others in the ship. The strength of the explosion is irrelevant, because no character other than Bana has any way of knowing how powerful it'll be.
Nia did think to use her powers on Vandham (that's why the camera cuts to her holding her hands over her chest in the cutscene where he dies), and regrets that she let her worries about the others finding out her secret keep her from doing the right thing. That's why she acts to help Niall. She's making a effort to not let her fear hold her back from doing the right thing any more.

I only stayed for welsh catgirl

Jin is just Grahf with a dorkier mask. Literally the same motivation. They killed his wife so he went all what can change the nature of a man and decided he'd take it out by killing God.

Who the fuck cares when in every JRPG by the time you clear out yet another dungeon of endless mooks you forget the previous segment of an excuse of a story anyway.

>Gears and Saga were tailored to female audience
>XC was tailored to young males
>XCX was tailored to older males
>XC2 is tailored to....

Jin found it unfair that blades were doomed to be reborn and forget their previous memories. However humans also have a limited lifespan and once they die, their memories are gone too. There is practically no difference between humans and blades in that regard. Even Rex notices this and eventually points it out to Jin towards the end of the game, then he's like "oh yeah, you have a point" and stops being a nihilistic edgelord.

Plus there's always the option to just keep a diary like Brighid (or even Jin himself). Of course not every blade is as fortunate as Brighid where they get passed down through the same family and they can retain their old possessions. This is because Indol regulates all the blades in Alrest, which should have made Indol and Amalthus Torna's main target (since they had pretty much no genuine reason to go after the Architect). Amalthus was also the cause of pretty much everything bad that had happened in Jin's life, so that would have given him an addition reason to try and destroy Indol instead. Alternatively Torna's objective should have been to turn blades into flesh eaters.

>but yeah why the fuck should she heal Niall of all people
He's Morag's kid brother, and he just got himself killed trying to protect all of them. Why wouldn't she want to help him?

Replay the game, Alvis' identity is hinted at from the moment he's introduced.

Retards.

There is literally no reason for Alvis to reveal his true identity until the very end of the game. Also his true identity is hinted at throughout the game because his voice acting is so expressionless and monotone.

A lot of the story related to the Aegis War in the main game doesn't mesh with the DLC. Judicium basically goes entirely ignored except for maybe a couple of offhand mentions. In the main story, it's treated as a place where Malos and Mythra fought and caused irreparable destruction, making it uninhabitable as Temperantia. There's a spot literally called the Aegishammer created through their clash, but Malos and Mythra are only shown as having met twice in Torna. Dialogue in chapter 5 makes it seem like Jin has personal ties to Temperantia and the events that happened there. Then when the party is near the end of chapter 6 in Tantal, Gramps explains that area was a battlefield during the Aegis War that he remembers well, and yet Tantal was also irrelevant to the DLC. The Olethro Ruins in Uraya was the location from which Addam led his resistance, but that's barely acknowledged and only used as a plot device to get the gang back to Torna.

I get that they had limited time and resources to do the DLC, but why include Gormott if it was completely irrelevant to the past? Lora's mother didn't have to be in Gormott. Including past versions of a small Titan like Indol would have been better and even making only Judicium's capital explorable would have been fine. Same with using Fonsa Myma and maybe some new larger outer area of Uraya at the end of the Olethro Ruins would be fine. Maybe include the lower level of Tantal as well in a segment like when the main story cast first visits Temperantia. Gormott is really big, and I just don't think it was worth it to include it.

While having regional variants of English was a cool as fuck concept for people from each Titan as someone from England it was like having nails run down a chalkboard they should of hired theatre actors to voice the game like they did for XBC1. Honestly if it wasn't for the Nip audio patch I don't think I could of made it all the way through.

>Gormott is really big, and I just don't think it was worth it to include it.
I think that's reversed. Gormott "had" to be included because it was the easiest environment to reuse. If the party actually went to all the places they should have storywise, they'd have to develop past visual identities for all these separate locations, while for Gormott they just had to remove Torigoth and do another big green field. Or in other words, on a DLC budget and with one unique Titan, they couldn't afford to not include Gormott.

Temperantia is a sight of the Aegis war not necessarily Malos and Mythra fighting. Before Addam went after him there was a whole segment of time of Malos rampaging and people just trying to defend themselves

>but muh big titty anime waifus

It's pretty awful on the whole but I did enjoy the last few chapters from Morytha up to the end. The ending sucked.

Really the tragedy is that Nintendo took many of Monoliths devs to go work on BotW imagine how much more polished it would have been had that not been the case. Hell we didn't get any basic QoL features on shit like the UI and map and had to wait like 3-4months for it to be patched in because they literally didn't have a dev capable of doing the work for it.

I think you are forgetting that after Malos gets BTFO Amalthus picks up the slack and takes over where he left off alot of the story being off can be explained by Amalthus's lies and deceit influencing the narrative in the main game.

Indol absolutely were one of Torna's main targets, Amalthus specifically has Fan around because her power is vital in defending the Praetorium against their attacks. That's the point of the artificial Blades Torna ordered from Bana and the Marsanes's mech mode - they're ways that Torna can fight against Indol without being affected by Amalthus's master driver power or Fan's ability.
And they're going after the Architect because he's the one who made the Blade system the way it is, and seemingly doesn't care that humans like Amalthus are fucking over the Blades as they please.
Malos says that his battle with Mythra sunk it. Or something close to that, at least, but it's pretty clear that it wasn't just his work alone that lead to its destruction.

I feel like someone would have called him out on that much. Jin seems to go along with the narrative given saying that it was Amalthus who wiped out the surviving Tornans.

That had nothing to do with Nintendo. Their UI designers just happened to quit all around the same time.

Judicium not being included in the DLC is understandable, since they'd have to do a lot more work changing Temperantia's map than they did on Gormott, but the way it's ignored is awful.
And I understand that they probably wanted to have Malos and Mythra fighting one on one and talking for the first time in the DLC because that's more exciting, but having them only interact like that twice total feels like it makes the Aegis War as a whole a lot less dramatic than it was originally described.
It means their 'battles' before were...what, long distance Siren fights?
That explanation might work if this was all based on dialogue from random NPCs, but most of the things that user is talking about are said by people who were actually there

at least their stories were complete.

unlike this one whose story was gutted and sold back as movie/DLCs/anime/books (books are the true ending DLC)

Attached: FINAL-FANTASY-XV_20161127125208.jpg (1920x1080, 260K)

Go play in traffic OP you're a faggot.

All three were complete shit for different reasons entirely.

Only Nier Automata excelled in storytelling in comparison without jumping the shark, paced horrifically from the start, or shipped unfinished.

The one piece of dialogue I can't stand came from one of Elma's conversations in Alrest. In Spirit Crucible Elpys, Mythra tells Elma that she spent most of the 500 years sleeping, so it only feels like she last saw Addam a few weeks ago. I can't even begin to describe how disingenuous that is to the point of the game, how she's lived for 500 years without a purpose wishing to die.

That bothered me a ton too. It makes the part in Pneuma's speech at the end about her 'long, long years' sound ridiculous.
I wish we had more details about the writing process of Torna and the rest of the DLC (mainly who wrote what), because even basic details like that getting fucked up is ridiculous.

>Nier Automata excelled in storytelling

Attached: we're all laughing.jpg (533x388, 177K)

I am only halfway through but I have enjoyed aspects of it. Sure its cliche, but its still fun and enjoyable

I was actually talking about the Xeno 1 ending. Xeno 2 was pretty easy to follow even without the DLC.

What the fuck are you doing here, you're going to get spoiled hard. Get out of here now.

As far as I know, Takahashi wrote the basic plot outline for the main story and Torna, but left Torna out due to budget and time constraints and wrote the rest of the game around it. There were two chapter writers, with one doing the odd chapters and the other doing the even chapters. One of them ended up writing Torna as well, but with three overall writers, a tight schedule, and cut content, there are bound to be inconsistenties between it all.

In at least one Japanese trailer, there are cutscenes that don't appear in the final game. There are quests that have nearly all their dialogue but were cut, including one that tried explaining Tantal's lineage (which of course differed to the DLC's implication that it's Zettar).

>including one that tried explaining Tantal's lineage (which of course differed to the DLC's implication that it's Zettar).
Do you have a link to the dialogue from it?

It's not confusing, just sort of dumb from a writing perspective

It's somewhere in the thousands of datamine text files and the plot ended up being somewhat similar to the DLC quest with Finch where there's an insurrection in Tantal over the revelation that they're not descended from Addam. It's actually entirely translated and focuses on Zeke and Pandoria also trying to prove to his old teacher that they're not descended from Addam by finding Tantal's founding documents that were stolen by the insurrectionists. They're using said documents to try and resurrect Addam in Spirit Crucible Elpys to smite the current regime and have him lead Tantal. In the end, Zeke reads the documents to his teacher and they explain that during a period of infighting, what would become the Tantal royal family usurped control of the throne with no mention of if he was related to Addam at all.

How can you realistically think that? Not only was 2’s story more concise and easy to follow, it retroactively tried to fix things that were wrong with XC1.

Attached: 3D14B73F-CAE8-46CC-B7F1-9FF59824FC0A.jpg (576x1024, 59K)

Jin's motivation are pretty understandable though. I'd go on a genocide as well if the Universe deprived me of my waifu.

Attached: a.jpg (637x271, 17K)

I've posted just one example of an absolutely awful scene in this thread. There's at least one in pretty much every chapter. And that's just the main story, the sidequests stories are all dull to the point where they're not even worth the hassle and most of the characters are incredibly generic.

Now you explain to me why you think the story is good in this game. I've seen people praise the game on this board but I haven't seen a single person justify their reasoning (they usually just post about how much they love Pyra, Mythra or Nia instead).

My issue with Jin in the main story is that he's kind of cocky and mean-spirited at points. His character shouldn't have him trash talking everyone. I get that he's bitter and weary, but it's so out of character with his past self. While I can understand that he wants to basically end all life, I would think that he wouldn't talk down to others when he himself sees his desire as selfish.

Some of the characters, especially Malos, have a lot more depth than one would expect, and it raises discussion when trying to understand those characters. I
For Malos, his different sides feel less like inconsistent writing and more like character depth. This jock dude with the Chad hair and penchant for destruction is speaking intimately about his inner fears and turmoil with his best friend. He's a being of incredible power and yet he still has problems.

have sex

b8

Found it, this is what you're talking about, then?
xenoblade.github.io/xb2/bdat/qst105610_ms.html
>The Tantal bloodline is not directly descended from Addam...
>After usurping the throne during a period of turmoil... Ohh... My goodness...
I don't think that really contradicts Torna's implication that Zettar or his descendants were the counter-Addamite cadet branch who claimed Addam's heritage to take the throne and create Tantal. It just seems like it's an abbreviated version of what the king says about Tantal's past in chapter 6. .

>I've posted just one example of an absolutely awful scene in this thread. There's at least one in pretty much every chapter. And that's just the main story, the sidequests stories are all dull to the point where they're not even worth the hassle and most of the characters are incredibly generic.
I respect your opinion user, but I don't think your opinion is consistent with the real game You can keep shitposting about the strawman of a game you're making, I don't mind, that's after all one of the reasons people come to anonymous boards.

hasn't somebody on deviantart ripped pretty much everything?

Yeah because "Edgy silent protag" Joker, "WE ARE THE PHANTOM THIEVES" Ryuji, "Mary sue" Makoto, "Please like our treatorous character" Akechi, "Eye cand" Ann, and "Literally who" Futaba and Haru are all great characters right? Only Yusuke was alright and he loses revelancy after his chapter anyway. All of the characters in XC2 were better than this shit crew, even the Torna party is more interesting despite being in a 25 hours long game

Only important models. I'm looking for everything, like NPCs, player characters, Blades, weapons, enemy weapons, objects, environments, etc. I'd like to get the textures off the models too.

Are you ripping the DLC stuff too, or just main game?

I'd like to do the DLC. I've only ripped the cartridge so far (.XCI) and decrypted it, so even all the audio in it is only for the English dub. Interestingly, it says it's the Great Britain version of the game instead of North American.

Nia couldn't heal Vandham because of the ether flow being cut off

Attached: Xenoblade_Chronicles_2_-_Obrona.png (1918x1711, 1.46M)

Besides, if I remember right, there was a clear foreshadowing about it, with the camera showing her face and her not being sure about what to do. Even if the ether flow wasn't cut off, she may have not saved him anyway, in fear of blowing up her cover. It's not like she had much attachment to the guy anyway.

Is it possible to obtain the Jap audio from the eShop download or would you have to get hold of a Jap cartridge?

I assume it's somewhere on my Switch, though I don't quite know how to extract updates yet. For Japanese subtitles, I'd probably have to extract them from the Japanese version of the game.

Malos is probably the only villain whose motivations make some sort of sense (and Bana, if you count him as a villain). Although that's mainly because his character is relatively simple. He was awakened by an enraged Amalthus and Amalthus' hatred for humanity is what drives Malos' desire to destroy the world. Malos quite literally saying that he is evil "just because" seemed like lazy writing at first but eventually we learn that it was in his nature to act like that ever since he was awakened. He has an urge to destroy humanity so he assumes destroying humanity is his purpose in life. It also gives him a valid reason to want to meet the Architect, since he wants answers as to why he is the way he is.

But pretty much every other villain in the game makes no sense. Jin and the rest of Torna have no valid reason to want to destroy the entire world, especially since the game tries to portray these characters as "good" people with tragic backstories that have warped their perception of the world (unlike Malos, who is inherently corrupted). Making the members of Torna hate humans and strive for a world where blades are liberated makes sense. Making Torna want to convert blades into flesh eaters so that they are free to live their own life instead of being bound to human life makes sense. Having them all be nihilistic and want to eradicate everything makes less sense.

Then there's Amalthus, who awakens Malos and fills him with pure hatred to the point where he also shared his desire and wanted to destroy the world. But then Malos abandons him and he decides that Malos needs to be stopped, which suggests he has some change of heart. But then he goes back to wanting to destroy Alrest by the end of the game. I guess you could just argue that he was batshit insane and had some sort of god-complex, but that feels like a lazy excuse.

If you do end up doing the DLC (and it isn't too much of a hassle), I'd really appreciate it if you could rip the battle voice files for Torna and the DLC blades/challenge mode stuff.
As far as I know they've never been ripped - the main game's voice files were, and so was Torna's soundtrack (which is the only version of the instrumental Drifting Soul that doesn't fade out at the end), but nobody ever bothered to upload the other audio from the DLC. The main game stuff has a decent amount of interesting cut content in it, and it'd be interesting to see if the DLC is the same way.

I liked Xenoblade 2
The main story sucks balls, only the last part is good.
I hate Rex and Pyra, they are shit and since the story is about them it was doomed to be shit.
I like the rest of the characters.
Good music.
Good gameplay.

Fun game.

Xc2 is pretty consistent in story even though is kind of crap. There are no glaring plotholes that would ruin the narrative. Indol being in control of the war is foreshadowed in the very first chapter and Amalthus, Malos and Jin are probably the best villains of the series since Saga. The only problem I had is that Morag and Zeke are already developed characters and there is not much to explore with them and you only see a little bit of their problems. Zeke is my favorite because is literally Rex but failed to accomplish what he wanted to do

The audio is easy enough at least, so that shouldn't be a problem.

>This game has quite possibly the worst story of any game that I have ever played to completion
I take it you've never played Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Attached: 1551139131467.png (1140x641, 808K)

if you think that's bad you should play more RPG's retarded OP

Glad people are finally calling out this game's bullshit.
What took so long? Why did this game have such a big shield for criticism?

Thank you!

>Joker is edgy
Stopped reading there.

Are you joking? People have criticized XB2 since day one. It's never received anything remotely resembling unanimous praise.

I really enjoyed the game myself but the story was a huge disappointment and I don't think it's excusable this time by saying "most JRPGs have bad stories"

In the old days this wasn't true at all, we had amazing games like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VI that had amazing stories. Storeis back then also were very simplistic and not a huge cringefest.

The original Xenoblade was so beloved by many because the story was incredible. Characters defied JRPG conventions and felt like real, genuine humans. Their relationships and interactions with each other felt very real compared to the anime archetypes you see in JRPGs and it was very easy to get attached to them for this reason.

Even not including the much stronger cast of Xenoblade 1 the story was just far superior to what 2 has to offer, it was a tale of personal growth and Shulk was a very relateable protagonist.

To see Xenoblade 2 throw that away and do the complete opposite just hurts me, especially since it was rewarded by having multiple times the sales numbers of Chronicles (Although to be fair that has much to do with being on a better platform and releasing near the beginning of its lifespan rather than the end).

Attached: melia_by_popopote-d428hcr.png (550x660, 739K)

Kids.
No really, they wanted to make a children's anime movie like a Miyazaki film into a game.
That's why the writing is so simple and terrible, but the fanbase pretend it's deep because they don't want to admit they actually enjoyed a kid's game.

>Final Fantasy VI that had amazing stories.
Stopped reading here.

>2 years and they're still making threads about it

Attached: 1538864071581.jpg (762x768, 63K)

I think this is the real problem, Rex and Pyra/Mythra are complete garbage characters.

Rex is a whiny child and is not likeable whatsoever, Pyra's personality is very flat and boring, and Mythra is a tsundere so generic and soulless it hurts.

The worst part is the game DOES have likable characters (Nia and Zeke in particular for me), but the main ones the story revolves around are just so bad.

Attached: 1514485830246.jpg (1200x675, 97K)

Please explain how you think XC2's story is better than XC1's, that makes absolutely no sense to me. XC1 is probably my favorite story in any game and XC2 isn't notable at all for me.

>Why did this game have such a big shield for criticism?
The fuck are you on about? This game has been rightfully criticized since day one

I bet you were too much of brainlet to understand MGS2's ending.
X's ending was kino, especially if you compare it to XC's ending, and notice it's parallels to it.

What alternate timeline did I just walk into?
Where I come from, I see "Is XC2 the greatest JRPG of the decade?" threads daily, that are filled with waifushit.

Go watch your e-celebs zoom-zoom, the adults are talking.

Because everyone finally finished it and realized how bad it was, so we're getting threads shitting on it now.

>This game has quite possibly the worst story of any game that I have ever played to completion

play any popular WRPG made in the last decade and you'll be proven wrong.

Persona 5’s party sucked. Characters were totally lifeless and put on this bizarre uncanny façade of instantly becoming best friends as soon as they joined the party.

I don't watch e-celebs, I bet they suck off they overrated piece of shit like you.

Nia could have revived Vandham after Mythra awakened and Malos & Akhos fucked off. If I remember correctly the only other people there were Rex, Tora and possibly the kid they went to go and save in the first place. It's not like any of them would have ratted her out and got her arrested. She said that she used to be afraid, but what was she afraid of? Torna? Because there were no Torna members around she had nothing to fear there. Was she afraid of society shunning her? Because no-one else would have seen her revive him and it could have remained a secret (no-one would have to know that Vandham even died in the first place). Did she not trust Rex? Did she not remember how he risked his life to free her from prison in Gormott? Plus I imagine she would have had more of an attachment to Vandham than Niall.

It also raises questions about why Pyra didn't reawaken Mythra before Vandham's death and save him. Surely she must have realised that Rex was not going to escape when Vandham told him to and, even if he did escape, Malos would have just caught up with him pretty soon after so reawakening Mythra would be inevitable.

Obviously the true reason all of this happened is because the game needed an important character to die so that Rex could get the motivation he needed to become stronger and protect the people he loved (even though Rex's character pretty much didn't change at all in this regard until he got BTFO by Jin, but that's besides the point). Vandham's death just felt so poorly executed that it failed to have any emotional impact.

So you are pretty much cherry picking threads then? Because we had countless threads discussing the story, characters, gameplay and other shit. You can stop pretending you even visit this threads outside of those

I'm from the timeline where threads shitting on it and threads over-praising it have been around since day 1, and both have been warzones.

>this whole post

So this is someone that played his very jrpg looks like. Xc1 story was good until prison Island after that it was predictable shounen fantasy with Shulks character going down the drain, Mary sues(Fiora) and shitty villains

You're trying to tell me you've never seen a ">Japanese humor" thread?

Those are usually made by people who have never played the game (and probably don't even own a Switch). This is the first time I have actually seen people that have played the game point out valid criticisms of the story. The game isn't outright bad but it's certainly not close to being a masterpiece like some people make it out to be.

A truly genuine ignorant person. Let me guess. You got btfo by someone defending the game?

Attached: IMG_20190329_205236.png (184x203, 55K)

>Popular thing bad, lesser known thing good
As expected of zoom-zoom, you're a generation of hipsters.

>This is the first time I have actually seen people that have played the game point out valid criticisms of the story.

Unless you played this game recently this is not uncommon dude. The most defensive people, regarding the story are the fans of the first game. This game got criticisms in every aspect. XC2 is my second favorite of the blade series after X but more because of the content, gameplay and enemy balancing

Attached: kyle_hyde_1778.jpg (400x400, 29K)

>The story in the first game was nowhere near as retarded as the story in this game.

Attached: Xeno comparisons.png (1241x401, 94K)

The shitposting threads are by people that never played the game, not it's rabid defense force that fights tooth and nail and labels any and all criticism as being the work of said shitposters.

None of those things necessarily make a good story, it's all about the execution. And XC2's story is executed poorly for the most part.

Do you conveniently ignore people like this dude
that spams his biased image every thread about how XC2 is THE most Xeno game since Gears, a game he likely never played because it's battle system scares off ADD riddled zoomers?

>Gears and Saga were aimed at females
>Blade was aimed at males
I'm gonna need a source for this.
I can understand Saga, but Gears seems aimed at EVAfags and Blade games are entry level enough that I can see fujos loving them.

>It's not like any of them would have ratted her out and got her arrested.
Nia doesn't know that. She's used to a life where her true self is seen as a horrible cannibal that others want hunted down and killed, and she's only known the others for maybe a week or two at most. Of course she still didn't trust Rex and the others at that point - she's been on the run for about a decade. Old habits and assumptions about others aren't just going to go away that quickly.
It's only after she sees the others' reaction to Cole that she starts easing up about things and trying to step out of her shell (like when she lets Mythra see her core in the hot springs).
(Also, I'm not sure if Nia could've revived Vandham after Malos and Akhos ran - what she said to Dromarch about there 'still being time' to save Niall suggests there's a limited time window for resuscitation, and the time the fight with Malos and Akhos took might've been enough to push Vandham past the point of no return.)

As for why Pyra didn't reawaken Mythra, she didn't trust herself to control her power. Even after Vandham dies and it's obvious that Rex has wasted their chance to escape, she's still trying to urge Rex to run, because she doesn't want to use that power again and end up sinking another Titan and killing even more people.

Neither of these characters are meant to be acting all that rationally in this situation, and both made the wrong decision, but I think their actions are understandable considering their circumstances.

XC2's story is good.

Attached: D9RwpMVU4AA0e8B.jpg orig.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

>Just started Xeno 1
>fucking brit voices keep playing even in my sleep

I didn't ask for this

Attached: 1556560834812.jpg (699x509, 32K)

Yeah, but it's JUST good.

And you fall like a retard every single time from the looks of it

AW YEAH REYN TIME BABY

NOW IT'S REYN TIME

Brits ruined their own fucking language.

It's just alright. I blame Takahashi's co-writers for being incompetent for pretty much half of the game

>It was just shitposting!
Tell that to all the serious replies it gets, it should be called out, if it's not, actual retards will think they're in good company.

REYN!
YOU'RE A LIFESAVER

That user's comparison list is fucking stupid and is worthless without citations, but fujos get interested in shit made for guys all the time.

every time I see this I wonder what those red asterisks are supposed to mean

On a slightly related note, I'm really disappointed in the quality of voice acting in XC2. XC1 had great English voice acting, it felt like the voice actors were familiar with the characters, they were aware of what was happening in the scene and the emotions were always on point. With XC2, it just feels like they're reading lines off a script. There are even times where the pronunciation of names is straight-up inconsistent. Perhaps it's because XC2 had a much larger cast of blades and characters that needed voice acting (especially since each blade had sidequests with voiced cutscenes) but if the trade-off was less quality-control in the voice acting then I don't think it was worth it.

I'm assuming [citation needed]

Bunch of terrible opinions in this thread. Yea Forums never disappoints.

XC1 VA's were mostly stage actors that got to see the scene they were voicing, so the quality was on point.

XC2 VA's have said that they got their lines and that was it, no context, nothing. It also didn't help that a lot of them had the game as their first big project, Pyra's VA for example had done very little work prior to the game.

I know, imagine thinking XC2 is the best Xeno game.

Pyra/Mythra VA pretty much comfirmed they had no direction because they were afraid they would leak the story

I knew that they hired actual stage actors for XC1. Jenna Coleman (Melia's voice actor) has gone on to be a relatively big actor these days. It's a real shame that they didn't give a shit about the English dub of XC2. Dubs of Japanese games are notoriously bad but XC1 was a notable exception. It seemed surprising to me that such a niche game would get that much attention for it's localisation.

>being afraid of someone leaking a subpar story like XC2
I guess they didn't want people to know how bad it was.

XB1: Experienced VAs, experienced directors. Directors went over the Japanese versions of the cutscenes with the VAs to make sure they got things right.
XB2 Mix of experienced and inexperienced VAs, inexperienced directors. VAs just read off the script for the most part.
Not hard to see what went wrong there. Torna was an improvement, at least.
AFAIK 2 had a decent number of stage actors too, they just made the bizarre decision to cast some under-qualified people in important roles.

But we musn't be careless.

LES' NOT LOSE OUR 'EADS THOUGH

Hello faggot police? Xfag seems to have gotten out again.

MAHN WOT A BUNCHA JOHKAHS

did you break out together?

Attached: 1559189158911.webm (440x220, 393K)

Attached: BunchOfJokers.jpg (640x360, 68K)

Attached: __kagutsuchi_and_meleph_xenoblade_series_and_etc_drawn_by_kokko_mlf__ec96a1d4d5120634c3df6762b00ef55 (883x930, 125K)

Attached: 73473460_p0.jpg (776x1092, 192K)

What post was made by your imaginary boogeyman this time?

Attached: 1547770529421.jpg (780x904, 790K)

>tfw the future for Xenoblade 1 and 2 cameos will always be Shulk, Fiora, Rex and Pyra instead of the other superior party members in their games
it's not fair

Attached: 1548971829197.png (498x480, 487K)

P5 has bland characters that are also annoying

Attached: 1552429820547.jpg (1500x1300, 255K)

>xenoblade
>cameos
Lol
>inb4 project x

>it will never be reyn time again

Attached: 1452882582124.png (532x475, 254K)

I mostly mean for stuff within the franchise
like the DLC in 2

I refuse to live in this world.

Attached: 1557635336733.jpg (2700x3450, 2.4M)

Do people actually like fiora

Don't worry, you'll see them when Nintendo whores out this series like Fire Emblem with shit like Xenoblade Gacha and Xenoblade Warriors.

TO YOU!
TO ME!
NOW WE'RE DOING IT! NOW WE'RE DOING IT! OH YEAH!
ALRIGTHY
ALLEZ HOOP!
BUT WE MUSN'T BE CARELESS!
SUMMON COFFEE!
LET'S PRESS ON AND ON AND ON!
OUCH! THAT'S SCORCHING HOT!
MUSN'T LOSE OUR HEADS THOUGH!
I REALLY LIKE OUR VIBE!
EVERYBODY HERO TIME!
YOU CAAAAN DO IT!
WITH YOU AROUND, I FIGHT THREE TIMES AS HARD!
FEEL DARKNESS BLACKER THAN MIDNIGHT!

I am pretty sure Takahashi will throw a bone to everyone and make everyone happy, except gears fans lol

Attached: man what a buncha.png (1420x796, 1.76M)

>TO YOU!
>TO ME!
>NOW WE'RE DOING IT! NOW WE'RE DOING IT! OH YEAH!
>ALRIGTHY
fuck you I'm getting gem crafting flashbacks

Attached: 1528515564966.png (1920x1058, 918K)

I personally think Xenoblade Warriors would be fantastic. Gacha not so much but there aren't that many characters to work with, unlike FE which has ~12 games of 40+ member casts to work with.

Attached: CeVOKg9VIAA0TLB.png (698x515, 211K)

Attached: it is no longer reyn time.png (1200x675, 1.59M)

autism. jin is cool

>tfw monolith develop the game and its part of Takahashi autistic lore

>plagiarizes Reyn's catchphrase in Smash then ditches him for some salvager nerd in another universe
Shulk is a terrible friend

>cool
heh

Nobody said anything about lesser known thing. You don't have a brain.

>Doesn't even include him in his Final Smash even when he breaks the "only three can chain attack" rule to include his robot wife

Attached: Really Swords my Drive.png (600x600, 838K)

What did you expect from bipolar syndrome shulk

>Playing Xeno games (or any other game) with English voices
What the fuck is wrong with you? Seriously

video games never subtitle everything so why would you play it in a language you can't understand? you'll miss out on battle dialogue and victory dialogue for example

>that picture
I hope Yuzu eventually gets a free camera like Dolphin
I want to see more of the dumb shit going on behind the scenes in Xenoblade cutscenes

Attached: 2-35.png (1280x720, 1.05M)

battle dialogue is one of my favorite parts of the games

>Used to be generic dumb meathead before fighting with Shulk and respecting him as a result
>Is completely fine with his two best friends being in a relationship because he knows it makes them both happy and is never jealous of them
>Has feelings for a girl but never tried to woo her or demean her
>When he finds out the girl he has feelings for has a MIA fiancé he respects their relationship and never tries to replace him
>When they eventually find said fiancé alive he does everything he can to help and promises him to protect the girl
>Has Shulk's back from day one despite the huge task they have to face and never resents Shulk for it
>When Shulk is capable of protecting himself he doesn't feel like he isn't needed, he instead knows Shulk can't do everything alone and will be there to for him when he needs it.
>Becomes super reliable and understanding of people's feelings
>Always takes criticism on the chin and is honest to a fault

Name a better bro

Attached: Reynbow.jpg (210x240, 9K)

The battle dialogues in XC1 are very basic Japanese you should be able to understand what they're saying. The game just feels off with English voices it would be like playing RDR in fucking Japanese, you have ruined that game for yourselves by playing it like that

Likewise. It's those little exchanges between party members I love the most.

I hated jin in torna because he was boring as shit couldn't even feel bad for him

>Xenowarriors
What would be the plot

something something a Nopon trying to control the multiverse and we have to stop him

Attached: D8ydwW_V4AA8lL7.jpg orig.jpg (1280x720, 225K)

Better the shota anime protagonist, boobs material and minge, right?

nopon are a blight upon the xenoblade series

>nopons went from generic mascots to elite masterminds
There not even in klaus evolutionary plan, what's their endgame

Yes

I'm retarded and don't know shit about music
When the XB2 soundtrack has credits for songs like Yggdrasil listed as Composition: Yasunori Mitsuda / Arrangement: Mariam Abounnasr, does this mean that the composer credit for Mitsuda is just there because the song is a remix of Elysium in the Blue Sky, and as the arranger Mariam Abounnasr is the one who did all the work on the final song?

It's taken from some decade old Xeno fan website ran by a pretentious retard who really hates Xenoblade 1 for some reason but worships Xenogears and Xenosaga.
Some user just edited the image to include Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 2. The original guy who made that image refuses to even play Xenoblade X and Xenoblade 2 because he claims Xenoblade 1 was so bad.

Attached: D8oN_EXVsAUHUCE.png (994x718, 144K)

Forgot to add, the red asterisks were supposed to refer to a paragraph after that chart where the guy links to a Takahashi interview about how he and Soraya Saga wrote parts of Xenogears and especially a lot of Xenosaga with women in mind.

interesting
explains the autism a bit, I guess

What website?

xenogearsxenosagastudyguide.blogspot.com/

The story I can take, it's the awful cheesy shonen anime writing that's a fucking disgrace. Absolutely fucking unbearable.

This is one of the worst games I have ever played, nearly on par with Devil May Cry 2, and dragon age 2

why does takahashi sound so disappointed and upset when talking about xenoblade 1's story? he sounds a lot more confident about xenoblade 2's and calls it a culmination of most of his ideas he's ever wanted to write about.

he really doesn't
people just cherrypick to support their views

>”we never meant for XB1 to be our magnum opus”
>”it was an experiment”
>over and over
I dunno, he’s pretty insistent that he never expected XB1 to be so well received. Dunno what context would change those quotes to not sound downtrodden.

DUDE WEEB LMAO

He just wants to tell a complex sci-fi saga.
He wasn't upset about Xenoblade 1's story until after the game released and it got universally praised for its story despite him not putting nearly as much effort into it compared to older Xeno games. He's more enthusiastic about Xenoblade 2 because, despite still heavily being shonen like Xenoblade 1, you can actually see a lot of the elements of Xeno bubble up again with the constant mirroring and parallels it has to older games, whilst telling a "saga" by also having Torna and canonically Xenoblade 1 and leaving everything open to having newer Xenoblades set in his Conduit mega-universe he's creating.
That's why he's happy about Xenoblade 2.

He won't be truly happy until he can drop the shonen in the future. I think the tone of Torna was a nice balance, while Xenoblade X with more emphasis on plot would be the perfect tone.

those sound surprised by its reception, but not really downtrodden
I think you're projecting a bit

“…there are times when I want people to be more critical.”
– Tetsuya Takahashi, Iwata Asks: In Conversation with Takahashi & Sakaguchi (2011)

“…in terms of my own personal goal–my vision of an ideal game–I’d honestly have to say that it’s barely 5% of the way there.”
– Tetsuya Takahashi, Interview with Tetsuya Takahashi (Nintendo Power, 2012)

“To be honest, there are times when I think I’ve atrophied as a writer since the Xenogears era.”

“I often find myself thinking, ‘One of these days, I’d love to free myself from these sorts of restraints and write whatever I truly want to write’”

“I couldn’t figure out why they would care so much about a game like Xenoblade Chronicles when they had so many superior RPGs to choose from in the West.”

” [I’m] grateful for the game’s positive reputation, [but I and my team] didn’t set out to make Xenoblade Chronicles into the company’s magnum opus. It was made to be an experiment”

At least Tornablade has better voice acting

Attached: IMG_20190617_203722.jpg (1535x2048, 252K)

>Nintendo Power, 2012
great source

>an interview with a director of a nintendo IP who works at a nintendo subsidiary by a nintendo magazine isn't a good source

HURRRRRRRRRRRR PFFFFFFFFPFPFPTTTPTPTPFPTPF BIGGGGGGGGGG BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS POIRAAAAAAAAAAAA MYTHRAAAAAAAAAA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1539401366874.jpg (1002x960, 165K)

where is the actual interview?
all I can find are people copy and pasting those quotes

oh that's what you meant. i don't know, i wasn't the guy who posted it i just thought you were making a fool of yourself.

This but unironically

Attached: 1559360302631m.jpg (657x1024, 64K)

XC2 is filled with tropes that Takahashi personally likes and was inspired by adventure and mecha anime he watched as a kid. Of course he'd enjoy writing for a game inspired by shit he likes compared to XC where the story was mostly just written to service the world

>XC2 is Takahashi when he actually focuses on story > gameplay

Oh how the mighty have fallen

Great fucking question. I completely agree. The first 100 hours of the game were cringey AF. The last 25 hours were good. Wouldn't recommend/10.

>try to find source for that nintendo power article
>find a page from 2015 full of people arguing that ACTUALLY takahashi hates xenosaga and thinks it's a failure, xenoblade is more in line with the games he wants to make, and also x will be his TRUE UNCOMPROMISED VISION that will integrate his story into gameplay perfectly
kek

>any of the Xenoblades
>focusing on story
They're some of the most gameplay heavy JRPGs out there.

That's actually pretty funny. It must be weird reading those discussions knowing about how XCX and XC2 turn out
I'd even say XC1 is more evidently the odd one out now than it was back then (i don't mean that as a negative)

Wasn't that exactly what X was? I hope so, because if XC2 is closer then these games are going down the shitter fast.

>* What Takahashi was implying is basically synonymous with “character study” earlier in the chart as he believes women are more interested in the characters personalities and “mental parts.” We must also not forget the strong elements of romance in Xenogears and Xenosaga. With ‘Blade being more of a shonen story (shonen = boy) there is less focus on characters personalities and their depth. Instead, as Takahashi assessed about the preference of male audience, there is rather a focus on characters external appearance.
>In particular it was Xenoblade‘s cheesy and one-dimensional cartoon villains, resembling Star Wars‘ General Grievous, that really made fans notice the difference in the quality of the writing, and many long-time fans of Takahashi felt they had grown out of this sort of thing. But then this is only natural, since the story was not aimed at them, but at a younger audience. But that’s why the Xeno- title is so deceptive.

so that's what the asterisk was

After watching 10 years of chinese cartoon, I get fatigues from hearing the same generic voice lines again
>SOW DESK CAR
>DIE JOE BOO DESK CAR
>HAYAKU, HAYAKUu uU~!
>EACH PAAHFEKUTO
>KIMI WA BOKU NO UTIMETO ATTAKU! DORAGON SLAAAAAAAAAASH
>KONO BAND GOOMY WAR GRANDMA SPONSOR TOKYO DAY OH CHRISTMAS

Hearing well excecuted English dubs is a breath of fresh air
>AH'LL BAHSH YOO OHP PROHPAH AHH SWAER

Man the guy who wrote that stuff really fucking hates Xenoblade 1.

I think he's stated that he wants to make more western inspired games like XCX so gameplay wise yeah but story wise XC2 is pretty quintessential Takahashi. Maybe future games would have less tropes since XC2 was directly inspired by old school anime but I wouldn't expect it to be too similar to XC1

None of these scenes were plotholes and all make sense. Except that last scene. I hate the fucking harem ending. The aegis should've been destroyed.

Imagine being a hardcore fan of Xenogears and Xenosaga and then hearing about a new Xeno game, only for it to have little to nothing in common and not be nearly as ambitious as the previous titles and is laughably cliche. I'd be butthurt too.

And then the sequels, Xenoblade X is pretty much a Xeno game stripped of almost all depth, and then Xenoblade 2 is like a watered down, bastardized Disney-fied Xenogears.

Both are still an improvement over Xenoblade 1 but not by much.

can't find the nintendo power interview anywhere, but there are a few mentions of a takahashi interview in the april 2012 issue so I guess that would be it.
seems the xenotensei dude had it on his website at some point, but that page isn't archived and the website is dead

would've been interesting to read, but oh well. RIP

Crossover are is always welcome

>Both are still an improvement over Xenoblade 1
lol

Threads like these remind me that the xeno fanbase is the worst fanbase in video games.

XC1 and XC2 are story focused.
Only XCX was gameplay focused.

No, they're all gameplay focused.

No they're all story focused, it's just that, unlike the numbered titles, X focuses more on the general world lore and sidequest stories than on the main story

>xenosagafags are elitist dickwads
"ackshually xeno used to be a fucking deep and complex philosophical series before xenoblade ruined it"
>xenoblade 1fags are clueless bandwagoners
"greatest game ever, really feeling it bros. MONADOBOYS. i'm going to complain about anime while worshiping an anime game"
>xenoblade 2fags are pretentious retards
"b-but homura's left cheek is actually a throwback to this one specific element of xenogears and xenosaga guys, i know my xeno! takahashi's wild ride boys! kos-mos's cameo is canon. what a madman."

I don't even know what to call xenogearsfags and xenoblade Xfags because they don't seem to start shit

Are you for real? Xfags is one of THE worst shitposter in Xenoblade threads, above even ACfag and just under Eric in scope of autism and dedication to shitting up every thread he can get his greasy hands on.

that's just one hardcore autist, and half of the time he isn't even talking about the game
most xfags are fairly normal

What the fuck is wrong with the graphics in this game, I'm playing it docked and everything is all blurry and fucked.

How blurry are we talking here? Can you post a screenshot?
There's a shitty filter that fucks up things, but I mostly noticed it in handheld mode, not docked.

As a huge xenobro this is pretty accurate.
Xenogearsfags are just boomers, and xfags disregard any real flaws cited toward the game and instead bitch about muh censorship.
Though to be fair every single xenogame has huge flaws that you really have to look past to get into it outside of maybe XB1.

Docked the only issue is the god awful AA that sharpens things 5% of the time and muddies the image to hell and back the other 95%,
Handheld mode is just a lost cause.

Is it weird that I consider Xenoblade 1 the least flawed Xeno, but my least favourite too?

What the fuck does ACfag have to say about Xenoblade?? I just assumed he hated RPGs so much he never even played them.

It must be this AA then, I haven't seen a game this bad. The whole fucking thing is blurry as hell from it, I'm surprised anyone managed to keep playing this you can barely even see what's going on.

>Can you post a screenshot?
How? the screenshot gets saved in the Nintendo switch

XB1's really not anything special, it's just the most well executed, well-rounded and polished Xeno game of the bunch. It's good all around, but it doesn't really excel in anything specific like any of the other Xeno games.

He shows up every now and then to claim that the games are full of walk and talk segments and shit.

It's actually possible to change graphical settings with homebrew if you alter the file with the settings.
pastebin.com/YYHTsJ62

I have to admit, Poppi's part was pretty good, but Pyra's story was unsalvageable

No that makes sense.
I would say XC1 has the most general appeal but that comes at the price of missing out on all the over the top shit all the other xenos have

That's how I feel, too. I still love the game, but it didn't really capture my attention in the same way the others did.

No, I actually feel the same way.
That being said, its actually the only Xeno that I never finished. I played it after X and decided just to blitz through it for the story and music but that bit me in the ass when I got to the Lorithia fight and was severely underleveled all of the sudden.
I have a slight feeling that if I replay it, it might become my favorite of the Blades. I just want another Monolith game thats actually POLISHED. XB1 is the only one that feels consistent across the board, outside of maybe XS3 but even that suffers from some weird pacing around the Old Miltia section. At the very least something that has consistently entertaining writing and cutscene production.

If its really THAT bad you may have an issue. The AA should be poor but stomachable docked.

>Now that all FEfags are getting along because of how FE16 looks xeno officially has worst fanbase

Attached: 1549325799294.png (1280x720, 759K)

smash exists

The first half of Xenoblade 1 is unironically god-tier, it goes downhill after Prison Island and takes a dumpster dive when Zanza gets revived.

>xfags disregard any real flaws cited toward the game and instead bitch about muh censorship.
the people who complain about censorship were never xfags to begin with. anyone who played the game stopped caring a 10 hours in

where are my gears chads at

Just stopping in to say that Elly is objectively the best xeno waifu

Attached: download.jpg (965x1144, 461K)

XC1 played it the most safe. It's a very standard story, the allusions to christian stuff aren't too deep or hammered in, a lot of classic xeno staples are missing, and it's a par for the course jrpg with a great world and alright combat.
XCX went all in on world and side quests, the rest got thrown to the side.
XC2 went all in on emotional moments, characters, and music (goes hand in hand with emotional stuff). The main plot is solely in service of the characters within it.

So yea, XC1 is generally the least divisive, while XCX and XC2 generally have both the biggest fans and the biggest haters for both, because like previous Takahashi games they're more focused on a single goal.

Mongoloids/Asians are autistic bugmen and their games are for autistic children.

Let me guess your goty last year was rdr 2 or god of war, your goty this year will be soi wars or doom eternal, and the game you're looking forward to most is cyberpunk
Did I nail your shit taste?

Is this series worth getting into? All I know about it are little clips I've seen from XC2 that were hilariously bad

I like JRPGs and like listening to podcasts while grinding

Attached: 1525992379464.jpg (299x299, 22K)

it's fun, so yes
the first xenoblade is the most accessible and is very easy to emulate