Would /v like to see Silent Hill 1 being remade with modern graphics like RE1 Remake or even third person like in RE2...

Would /v like to see Silent Hill 1 being remade with modern graphics like RE1 Remake or even third person like in RE2 Remake?

Attached: s1adhf3hh53.png (768x906, 402K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/6B3qZs4S
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc
youtube.com/watch?v=ozPGRATskJc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would rather see the Parasite Eve games remade that way t b h. A graphical remaster for the Silent Hills wouldn't hurt but nothing else really needs to be changed about them.

Konami would make a terrible job of it give up
Square enix needs to buy licensing right to book first before they use title parasite eve

It probably was the first horror game with "mature" themes and a focus on psychological horror instead of zombies and explosions. With every franchise nowadays being remade I wonder why nobody has picked up on the first Silent Hill yet.

Maybe? I'm a little fond of the low poly, so I don't know if the update would have the same feel.
I'm also worried that the draw distance would increase.

Just imagine running through Bachman Road with modern day volumetric fog.

No. No and no. PSX graghics add to the horror aesthetic. They look vague and ugly, something thats perfect for the game. Also due to the bad graphics, the flashlight illuminates the rooms better(an extra). In SH2 the flashlight was realistic and sometimes couldn't illuminate some hallways properly in my opinion. Also the best way to play it is at night, alone on your psp.

Attached: TimeStonePillar.png (1074x929, 894K)

>Would /v like to see Silent Hill 1 being remade with modern graphics like RE1 Remake
Perhaps. Really depends who makes it.

>or even third person like in RE2 Remake?
DEAR FUCKING GOD NO!
Kill anyone even joking about that shit.

Sure, as long as it was treated with the care it deserves and wasn't rushed. Nobody wants another Silent Hill HD Collection. Would also need to keep the original voices. If they wanna waste their money recording new voices, fine. But give me the option to use the good ones.

>alone on your psp.
Way to ruin the whole thing by having to squeeze your eyes at a couple inches tiny screen, all while having to deal with lack of L2 and R2 buttons.

Someone post the guide,my pc died and I lost mine.

let's repost the SH PC Guide + DL links: pastebin.com/6B3qZs4S

Attached: 1498564024933.png (1300x4835, 1.92M)

Yes but with Japan Studio behind it and the original director (the one who dud Gravity Daze and Siren). Also add the Cybil scenario.

Thanks bro

There is no L2/R2 function and the game polygin looks like garbage on a big no-RCT screen.

>or even third person like in RE2 Remake?
first of all, SH1 already IS in first person.
In fact, it's much more true 3rd person than the OTS, which was nicknamed as "2nd person view" for reason once upon a time.

Second, fuck no. The RE4-style view angle is all made to make shooting shit easier, in other words makes the game focus more on action. This is the polar opposite of what you want to do in Silent Hill. Not to mention we already GOT a couple games using that shitty camera system, and they are unanimously despised by the whole fanbase.

With OTS, you cannot do any of those cool and twisted camera scenes, like the whole beginning of SH1, which is just cinematography kino in a playable form. It also would affect the gameplay, as without the smart camera-aligments, combined with clever lighting and color usage, devs pretty much NEED to succumb to using patronizing shit like flashing items / button prompts / etc.

PS1 3D graphics like Silent Hill, Vagrant Story and Spyro are peak vidya soul.

>2017 guide
Oh no no no...
Bro, update ASAP, please!

SH1 NTSC DDL:
mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

>SH2 PC fixes site:
widescreenfix.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/
>SH2:EE install tutorial:
youtu.be/fFVwI487ORo

SH3 DDL:
mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
DON'T use W10's own virtual disc app!
Don't install under C:\Program Files\ !
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.

Follow the SH2 widescreen fix site's instructions to the teeth, and you should be fine.
For 3 & 4, check the Guide.

>Protips
-Play in the release order
-Never play below Normal difficulty
-Replaying them all is recommended
-Turn down the ingame Brightness setting
-Don't try to kill everything that moves, especially outdoors
-Turning OFF the flashlight can really help

Attached: SH PC Guide 1st MAY 2019 v2,3.png (1281x5183, 1.92M)

>Kill anyone even joking about that shit.

You are aware SH1 on PSX had an unlockable "Self View" which basically is third person follower view?
youtube.com/watch?v=ozPGRATskJc

no
fuck off with your remake bullshit the low poly graphics give it the eeriness that makes the game

>There is no L2/R2 function
Except the fucking aiming and Search View.
L1 and R1 are used for side-stepping, and tapping them both gives you 180-turn.

> looks like garbage on a big no-RCT screen.
I completely disagree.
Get a good TV with proper black levels.

t: played it on a 40" LED.

Konami would ruin it.

>You are aware SH1 on PSX had an unlockable "Self View" which basically is third person follower view?
Yes, I am. I unlocked that shit already 20 years ago, and I'm still surprised how few know of it.
And that is more akin to a first-person view than anything, AND it was an unlockable bonus, which also did not alter the gameplay in any way.

The REm2 was just fucking garbage. Keep that shit off my SH.

Updated, thanks bro.

Just emulated this game a month ago. It is very much inferior to 2 and 3, though I still like it. The drug dealing subplot makes no sense and was clearly just ripped from twin peaks.

I thought 1 was best since it had the best enemy design and 2/3 started to get more and more cinematic

>It is very much inferior to 2 and 3
No it's not.
It's the best game in the series.

>The drug dealing subplot makes no sense
How so? It's pretty damn straight forward. Also provides another explanation for the events.
>and was clearly just ripped from twin peaks.
the whole series is heavily inspired by TP and Jacob's Ladder. That's not even a secret.

Imagine having to follow all this shit when you could just play the games on the original hardware, PCu.cks are legit retarded.

>download game
>copy few files
>play
oonga boonga that was hard

nah, SH1 > all the rest.

-Largest, most interesting and varied town sections.
-Best pacing out of the whole series; the slow beginning and Apartments in SH2 really grind people's gears.
-Great, varied major locations (School, hospital, sewers...)
-Better enemy and boss variation, all of 'em are fairly dangerous
-Nicely balanced difficulty, both action & puzzles.
-Scary as fuck, full of mindfuck parts as well
-Great visual design, full of small details.
-Awesome soundtrack and audiowork in general.

>get a game
>install a game
>unpack a mod pack on the game
>???
>profit!

Weeew... sou haado!

>you could just play the games on the original hardware
you mean the retro devices and discs, that have not been manufactured for almost a decade or more now? The ones that are rising in price, bcause things are breaking down and getting lost?
Do you also demand everyone to own century-old tech like the CRT screens, for maximum credit?

Attached: SH1 -Darkie.jpg (2540x1429, 382K)

Enjoy playing them like a caveman while i play them on my Sony 20’ PVM with RGB cables.
Cope and seethe

>The drug dealing subplot makes no sense and was clearly just ripped from twin peaks.
Holy shit how do you not figure it out.
The drugs were used to fund the cult and gain members, as well as keep Lisa drugged up while she attended to Alessa, as she was an addict.
It's also the reason why Kaufman betrays the cult, as he, much like Vincent in SH3, no longer saw the cult as profitable, in addition to the world ending shit.
>rips of Twin Peaks
SH2 is a the most blatant ripoff in the series, it being a ripoff of Lost Highway and Jacob's Ladder.

No, only because current Konami is terrible and they'd fuck it up.
Even Konami almost 10 years ago was terrible enough to fail at HD ports of 2 and 3

>Yes, I am. I unlocked that shit already 20 years ago, and I'm still surprised how few know of it.
>And that is more akin to a first-person view than anything, AND it was an unlockable bonus, which also did not alter the gameplay in any way.

So what about fixed cameras like in REmake? I'm sure it could be a commercial success with all the free marketing from streamers trying to gain gamer credibility from a nostalgia title. ("I always have been a Silent Hill fan").
People are even rooting for a fucking Dino Crisis Remake nowadays.

In hindsight this puzzle wasn't that hard but oh boy how much time did I lose trying to solve it

Didn't they announce to only develop mobile games anyway? They should have sold the licence already.

I was hoping we'd get a PS2 remake at the time. Instead we got Origins

Yeah, I'd be okay with it.

The game did a great job of making you think you needed to know something exterior to progress. I love how everything you need to solve the puzzles is always confined to the room the puzzle is in

I solved it on pure chance. I thought it had something to do with the months of the year, so I was looking at a zodiac calendar trying to ascribe some sort of logic. After several minutes, I noticed that the website's drawing for cancer had six legs and two claws and I thought, "Wait, don't crabs have eight le-oh cripes that's the trick."
I love that puzzle.

yes please

i fucking love silent hill 1-3 thats all i wanna say
2 is my favorite

I map L+R to my touchscreen, feels good and looks good on my OLED vita

Why is that emulator recommended for SH1? I’m using it and it works, but I can’t even make the image a proper 4:3 without black bark everywhere. I googled it many times and found replies where people said that this is how it’s supposed to be. But it’s not. There weren’t any blackbars back when I played ps1.

Please boy. The game hardly used R2/L2 buttons. Unless you are a complete brainlet, you can map all the buttons the way you like it, in the psp menu. PsP screen is great for psx games. Playing ps1 games on new TVs looks bad because the new resolutions that resize the game's original resolution, lead to a HD pixelated mess. Also whats better than playing Sillent hill while lying on your bed