What are some good but SHORT rpg games?

What are some good but SHORT rpg games?

Nothing more than 20-30hrs.

Attached: 1560303066747.png (962x963, 257K)

The majority of jrpgs

Pretty much any Dragon Quest game before 6.

What's that kino looking romhack?

Dragon Quest 1 would be ideal, preferably the more modern version

Tales of Phantasia.
Any Ys except for the last one.

Not a rom hack and it doesn't have a name public name. It's a project a few people are working on and only share progress with trustworthy people until release. Some screenshots/webms got leaked on /vp/ though. They plan to just release it all at once instead of provide teasers because the more publicity it gets, the greater chance of nintendo JUSTing it.

Attached: 1559846612453.webm (640x456, 2.96M)

I thought this was just fanart. Neat. Best of luck to those lads.

Attached: glory hole rises from the depths.gif (500x364, 983K)

The Android one would be the best.

Attached: Dragon Quest Beginner's Guide v2.png (700x4271, 2.41M)

Fair enough.

Chrono Trigger

I remember ToP taking like 50-60 hrs if you wanted to do everything

Attached: 1532977653262.jpg (516x639, 43K)

Dink SmallWood, is free and there are a lot of mods!

Attached: dink_smallwood_lament.png (350x267, 235K)

I will contact Nintendo and advise them to begin researching ways to sue the people making that game to Hell once they identify themselves. Thanks to this thread, they will have evidence that the developers were actively trying to hide from Nintendo, and knew they were breaking copyright.

Well what a cheerful little sunflower you are. Have fun licking the boots of your corporate overlords

why?

Thank you.

Because I believe in a company's right to control their IP, even if nobody else likes what they do or don't do with it.

Whatever you say, nigger.

wow you are a faggot

Your tears are a perfect side-dish for the truth.

quick fix

Attached: Untitled.jpg (962x963, 1.21M)

Good shitpost but it's a shame there are actually people who browse this board that genuinely foam at the mouth at emulators/fangames.

I hope this isnt just a mock-up and is an actual fangame being made away from the eyes of Jewtendo's lawyers

Unbased and bootlickpilled.

Attached: (you).gif (480x238, 443K)

I'm not foaming at the mouth, because I've already done all that needs to be done by forwarding this to Nintendo.

I am ok with emulation purely for preservation, but I believe it's ok for the rightful owner of the IP to shut it down if they choose.

>People working on a fan project in secret without needing to get their dick sucked by the fan community 24/7
I don't believe you.

the people dont make any money from it, who gives a shit you fuck

Pffft Nintendo aint gonna find shit. I've been playing unlicensed fan games for years.

Soul Hackers

Attached: 1511989782125.gif (317x219, 788K)

Did /vp/ ever fucking release their peru pokemon game or whatever it was?

Did /vp/ fucking release ANY of the games they were working on?

lol no. There's at least a demo tho.

Chrono Trigger
The first two Paper Marios
South Park: The Stick of Truth
The Costume Quest games

I appreciate Nintendo's typical way of dealing with unauthorized use of their IP. If you don't understand why it matters, that's because you don't want to understand.

>jpeg
why

Live a Live

I think he's just chinese

Earthbound if you haven’t beat it already

They'd be better off just changing the pokemon with their own designs and then sell it.

>implying they'll identify themselves

see
They can't hide forever.

Yeah looks dope af

Attached: wm.png (3318x6151, 1.24M)

Steamworld Quest.

Most snes jrpgs, unless you do a 100% run.

Even if you're not serious, other people will report this to Nintendo.
OP himself has caused this. He said the devs are being careful to not get a cease and desist, but those leaks keep being posted and, at this point, way too many people know about this game's existence.

don't take it too seriously

Everything could always use a little more jpeg

Love the artstyle

Best of luck to the guys working on this

how tf are they supposed to find them

ROMHACKERS

HIRE

THIS

user

Soulless

I think the original golden sun was about 20 hours
but you'd have to play on a gba emulator

>OC donut steel pokemon
Dropped

Actually just because some random person on the internet says something doesn’t make it true. That’s not how evidence works

IP tracking

Pokemon clover got finished.

>greatest rpg of all time
>10-20 hours max

Attached: 71flJ2CsLQS._SL1074_.jpg (737x1074, 126K)

brainless

Do you have guides for other games?

>The majority of jrpgs
>Short

Some of those are based off beta pokemon that got cut before release.

Attached: oyfavhvkj2031.png (4500x3500, 1.32M)

The left of the map will be a long water route between the starter town and the League at the top? Nice.

Man, this looks way better than the official games. Hopefully they get to release this.

If Nintendo were smart, they'd hire these guys to do a 2D Pokémon game after the reaction to the latest SS news.

This but unironically

Those are actually scrapped Pokemon designs. The first two were the original starters (they kept Chikorita) for Gen 2 and the worm thing was Gyarados.

>10 Never ever
Why?

>Converts it to jpg
>File size is 5x larger.
There really is no excuse this time.

I've come up with the perfect pokemon game entirely inside my own head. I'm playing it RIGHT NOW and neither you nor Nintendo can stop me!

Attached: EEF9jcl.gif (425x481, 1.51M)

jarpigs: mario rpg's in general, earthbound, chrono trigger, final fantasy adventure, lisa the painful

warpigs: fallout 1, vampire the masquerade: bloodlines, mask of the betrayer, dark sun, shadowrun (all of them, even the snes/genesis ones)

Baldur's Gate

reported to my dad who is also nintendo!!!

>too stupid to use a cycle-accurate snes emulator
>WAAAAH IT CRASHES

Attached: 1559965034336.png (500x500, 234K)

fuck off

Wild ARMS 3 is about that long if you don't bother with 100%
I haven't replayed the others recently but I think they're similar in length as well

Attached: 0da741ecd8ae52c89ad5338a8b3c9bf1.jpg (750x750, 530K)

what changed?

w-will HE be in it?

Attached: 1552693939158.png (1000x1000, 474K)

I agree, Chrono Trigger is really short, almost to a fault.

god I hope so

but it also has great replayability, so it's really only as short as you want it to be

>Fan game makers with actual brains

Don't see that often.

god I hope so

converting to jpeg is how you kill a pixel art image. shame because the color palette was a major improvement and i would've saved it over the original otherwise.

have you tried link's awakening or the four swords games? best jrpgs that i've played. especially the second one i mentioned if you've friends. 4 players can play it at the same time.
makes good moments to remember.

BASED HIGH IQ DEVS

So does anyone know if this game is going to have modern gameplay stuff like the phsyical/special split since the aesthetics are obviously gen 2?

just poking fun at the shit art style, not trying to make a big deal out of it

Final Fantasy Adventure

Suikoden 1 and 2

This is some soulful looking game

fuck yes awesome game

its not shit wtf

Best non-turn-based RPGs?

>make post proving a point
>get replies agreeing with you
>why are you agreeing with me reeeee
ok i'll slap on that same filter by myself if i have to lmao

I’ve never played it but I assume because it’s an mmo and completely different from all the others as well as it isn’t out in the West

NINTENDO

Mad Father is good. It was made with Wolf RPG Editor (not RPGmaker) and it is either free or low priced on Steam.

Also, each entry in "The Strange Man" series is less than 20 or 30 hours long and each game was made with the same editor previously mentioned. Order is...

1. The Hanged Man
2. The Sand Man
3. The Boogie Man (you will need a guide to get the good ending the first time through)
4. The Hanged Man (guide might be handy towards the end)

A casual playthrough of pretty much any of the Mario RPGs shouldnt take more than 25-30 hours

Mad Father is cringe and also not an RPG

The palette is nice, very warm and cozy