Is The Surge worth playing?

Is The Surge worth playing?

Attached: TheSurge.jpg (1200x675, 257K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7QtiyEw-V4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

Yeah it's pretty good, you'll probably dislike it if you're a soulsfag.

Why do soulsfags dislike it?

Because it isn't dark souls and it's kind of a souls clone i don't know. Soulsfags are very retarded and closed minded.

To be fair the game isn't perfect but i've seen many people claim it's complete garbage when the combat was better than that of dark souls 3 for sure and as a whole it's closer to bloodborne.

Let's just say it is more Bloodborne (Rewards fast aggressive combat) then Dark Souls, my main gripe was more that the environments are boring and DARK outside the DLC and a few short areas, and even then one of the DLC REALLY wants you to play in black and white for additional bonuses.

The surge is one of those games where you go

"Hey this is pretty good"

Then you keep playing expecting it to get better but the game just ends

it just stay at that level of good all throughout

Just play Bloodbourne

Need help. Just started. What’s with these doors that I can’t open? But sometimes I can?

Yes and no. One of the biggest things to know starting out is that you have to target the parts of the body you plan on hitting. You could smash your weapon into the head of an enemy, but if you have no body parts targeted, they will take next to no damage.

Better than Dark Souls 2

only problem I had with it was trying to use the dual-wield tonfa like weapons never staggered anything. or maybe I was doing it wrong, i dunno.

there are also a few spots that are hard to figure out where you progress, in particular the second and last area. that could also just be me, though.

its one of those

"OH SHIT HIGH LEVEL DOOR IN BEGINNER AREA. IT PROBABLY HAS EPIC LOOT"

and then you come back and its just some gear you probably wont use at all since your using much better gear anyway at that point.

So I open it by leveling up? The game made it sound like I had to recover some stat in order to open it or something.

yeah, get it on a sale

has its flaws, but it's still a solid game

think nioh
it may not have the soul of dark souls but it's still very fun

-combat is super weird
+but fun
+customisation system with the armors/implants/modules is lots of fun

Yup. It’s Neil Blomkampf: the Game and has the best combat mechanics besides Sekiro for a souls-like game. Better story than most and also a very nice aesthetic. I recommend getting the DLCs. Haven’t played the Wild West one but true Creo World one is kino.

Beat it twice. I expected a big piece of shit but the combat was surprisingly fun. I always wanted to fight new enemies to get their body parts. I would say is a solid 3/5 game.

Boss fights are beyond terrible though so expect that.

Heavy weapons take about 2 seconds to hit so you have to time it right, breaking limbs is fun and the environments are not that large in scale exploration. But, you can fall in weird gap areas, and the attacks are slow when performing. I had to watch a video on how to defeat the first boss.

I liked Cerberus, Creo World Cat, and the final boss. They were fun and engaged your movement a lot.

I really enjoy it but don't enjoy the boss battles

>shit level design
>shit main character and story
>shit bosses
>shit side quests and NPCs
>shitty equipment options
>no sense of character progression
>no memorable music tracks
>generic art
>okay combat

Worth it if you can tolerate jank and want a bootleg Souls though. That minute to minute gameplay where you don't know what's lurking around the corner or whether that enemy you see for the first time can instantly rape you is still there so that alone carries it. But everything else is bad.

I dont know why the developers dont show gameplay for the sequel. They released that short video in the forest a year ago and since then it has been silence. The new e3 video was just cgi. At least the new cinematic shows they changed armor designs so they are not all super bulky

youtu.be/7QtiyEw-V4M

there's some enjoyment but it's very flawed

>I dont know why the developers dont show gameplay for the sequel.
You know how this song and dance goes, user. If they were happy with it, they'd show it.

It's way better than Lords of the Fallen but still, for every great thing like the one "bonfire" per level rule, set bonuses and quality of life stuff you get crap like the poorly done bosses, godawful fights in the dark or repetitive environment assets.

Not really. Got it through PS+, put maybe two hours into it.

I enjoyed it for what it was a solid 3/5 game that has some souls like elements. If you get it cheap and go in with realistic expectations its definitely worth a play through.

>tripfag
>awful opinion about a game thats shit

not surprised

I got it when is was free on PSPlus.

>tripfag
>gives retarded opinion

Always on the dot.