What's the darkest Final Fantasy and why is it FF8?

What's the darkest Final Fantasy and why is it FF8?

>mobile autonomous military nation states that answer to the highest bidder that's filled with war orphans
>teenage death squads that are barely trained and has deployment as the final exam
>powerful spirits used as super weapons despite causing early onset alzheimer's
>The entire world is centered around a supernatural dictator and keeping them in balance
>The supernatural dictator is seemingly chosen at random and whomever is chosen becomes seen as enemy of humanity regardless of her past history
>The sorceress has three choices: death, containment that is the same as death basically, or battle the world
>future sorceress has already dominated the world in her own time, she only seeks to dominate all other points of times now so she becomes the eternal leader of the planet
>one major military nation state has a greedy fat monster leading it in the shadows to bolster his own pockets
>nation that is so technologically advanced compared to other nations that they could likely bring about world peace and cure any/all ills but has chosen isolation and hiding
>nation state runs out of hot dogs

Attached: 1560228449457.png (586x700, 430K)

Attached: RinoaKillsIrvine.webm (640x360, 839K)

Atta girl

Attached: 1560324730822.jpg (1920x1080, 187K)

Attached: 1560294246738.jpg (620x702, 86K)

you just know

Attached: Momento2.gif (267x200, 2.66M)

You just know

Attached: 1560294102469.jpg (950x1140, 276K)

What was her fucking problem?

Attached: angelo cannon.jpg (1000x675, 97K)

>page 10
How young is Yea Forums to not know FF8?

Attached: 1560349682408.jpg (599x704, 51K)

FFVIII shitposting peaked with rinoa = ultamecia

Type 0 felt really dark

>you die
>everyone suddenly forgets you even existed

Are spinoffs part of this? Because Ring of Fate was really depressing.

Don't forget the moon occasionally blasting the planet with millions of monsters.

>spin offs
I've never heard of any spin offs. Do explain. Are they any good?

Attached: 1557885112695.jpg (430x460, 44K)

I'm not sure what you are getting at here.

Ride dat ass, Squall

you can find themes in FF games. Except this one. What is this game about?

Tactics is the darkest one considering the major war in the game actually happened in real life.
Hurr durr durrr da teenage deff skwads tho
shut up no one cares. Actual war is depressing and history is written by the victors.

Attached: hurr durr.png (500x581, 140K)

I have PTSD from this exact scene hnnngh

Was super poor as a kid and got this game as a gift when it came out. Let a friend play for a bit and of course got a scratch on it during this specific scene. I tried soooo many times to get through this fmv even used those disk grinders and everything to try and get by it but nope. Dead.
Wouldn't get to full play this game until much later

The main theme is the responsibilities of war thrust upon those top young to efficiently deal with them, but which those old enough to actually deal with them don't want to.

Those who can, don't want to. Those who can't, must.
And also strength in fellowship.

>SHIVAAAAA

What was his problem?

I hope you enjoyed it when you got to play it all.

Tactics is pretty heavy with folks being killed all the time and everyone bretraying you.

Type 0 probably has the most depressing ending I´ve seen a final fantasy game

8 has dark stuff going on, but so does pretty much every final fantasy. It just has too many silly parts to be seen as a dark and gritty game but it´s alright. I like how goes from silly fun to action and dark and brooding all the time. One note themes are boring

>>nation state runs out of hot dogs

Attached: 1423488180790.gif (480x360, 2.24M)

couldn't you use that one trick where you just opened the lid during these cutscenes and it would get skipped? I think people did that for FF9, not that I ever tried it

>loner guy ending up with a high maintenance, energetic, clingy girl
Better to take a ride on the Doomtrain straight to Cerberus

Same, but it would go at something like 1 frame every 2 seconds so when I played the first disc (quite a few times) I had to leave it on for an afternoon to go beyond that cutscene