Loading bar shoots up to the last pixel then just stays there for several seconds

>loading bar shoots up to the last pixel then just stays there for several seconds

Attached: 1560743116562.gif (236x250, 1.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yPRMx2k1NM8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

loading bars never represent amount loaded accurately, how long have you been playing vidya son

>loading bar freezes at 3.6% for half a minute and then instantly fills up
Literally what's the point?

Attached: 1560812710899.jpg (502x706, 88K)

>64%

Only true PC gamers know this one

This guys in shock, get him out of here

reported

Attached: dyatlov report.png (900x676, 410K)

>3.6%
Ehhhh. Not great, not terrible.

Attached: 1560813260413.png (599x447, 16K)

post more Chernobyl memes Yea Forums

Attached: 56456.jpg (1024x576, 60K)

Attached: 1560730505699.png (493x493, 340K)

I started a new pokemon crystal save recently and named my rival Dyatlov.

Attached: 1560785032448.webm (1280x640, 851K)

Loved the show.
Nuclear is good though.

Okay, the show wasn't trying to suggest nuclear bad

reddit

look whoos talking mister shercuck ecksde lmao here some rebbdibd palladium and a n-word passport

Have proof?

>game drops you into an unloaded environment and makes you watch the magic happen

Attached: 1558927646921.jpg (1440x952, 371K)

Attached: 1560845121763.png (497x576, 270K)

>Buy Game
>Download Game
>Never open game
ONE, NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

Attached: chernouwot.png (822x1004, 909K)

YOU, INFIRMARY, NOW!

WHAT IS THE COST OF A LIE?

you are really starting to beat dead memes now aren't you

To gulag with you.

have sex

Attached: 1559635237216.jpg (1280x640, 286K)

Why are russians so incompetent with technology?

>dude...lies are bad...

WOAH 10/10 WRITING

Eat shit buddy

Attached: 1534701245032.png (801x405, 651K)

because it's cheaper

>exploring the zone
>dosimeter maxed out at 3.6
>clear sky says its fine and to fuck off and find some more treasure
should i be worried?

Attached: 1558560405932.jpg (462x680, 42K)

How long did it take you to come up with this epin poste?

comrade, you are already done

not our fault reddit parrots and copies everything that comes from this website

youtube.com/watch?v=yPRMx2k1NM8
dare I say, kino?

normie trash

cross board posting lol real funny haha

stop being fixated on reddit
this meme originated on Yea Forums
jesus christ i hate this board

beats any Yea Forums memes thats for sure

yeah, and your weeb games arent

>game from 2003
>loading bar is a static animation
>animation can only slow down if computer is slow at loading
>animation cannot exceed its normal playback speed
>every time the game loads it takes exacty 55 seconds even on a monster PC from the future
Anyone else ever play Unreal 2?

Attached: uwot.jpg (274x234, 14K)

whoa... whats going on big guy
you just exploded my reactor

>americans first hear about chernobyl in 2019 from a HBO show

go back to Yea Forums anglos

Speaking of Chernobyl and not loading shit, S.T.A.L.K.E.R was one of the first mainstream games to utilize 4 cores of a CPU. But because it's slav jank it's hilariously dysfunctional. The fastest core loads the AI. The other one loads the player. The next one loads the physics and the last one puts it all together and stars the game. So what you end up with is:
1. The AI is loaded and will start attacking the player before the player can start playing.
2. The AI can see the player because the collider meshes of the world haven't been loaded yet so the player is detected through walls.
3. By the time the player gets control they might be swarmed with mutants or even straight up dead.

Git gud

Attached: 1C8B87CC-96C1-4B11-8DBC-98080BB24C52.jpg (2128x1536, 647K)

I did. I learned to not save in the middle of the action because it doesn't help. You can actually stealth the Agroprom institute mission as long as you never save during the mission. And in the brain scorcher you can bamboozle your enemies by saving and loading, then sneaking to a different area as they swarm the location where they saw you through the walls. So you can ambush the wallhacking bastards and easily kill them. I never said that I dislike the game for its jank.

there's very little scope for multithreading in games anyway

Lost Planet came out before Stalker and was the reason I went for Q6600 over my E6600.

Attached: 9bb2634462ce7074f5efb6cea9fd2a5b.png (500x274, 4K)

Git gudder

Attached: 9403DAAC-786D-4505-BC71-3290FF69D349.jpg (582x470, 75K)

WE LIVE IN A LIE

Attached: 1560570399826.png (717x601, 374K)

Attached: 1559685883125.png (1280x574, 573K)

Attached: dyatlov composure.jpg (394x401, 20K)

Yeah I suspected there were others but I know that Stalker was still one of the outliers in that regard. The biggest games of the last ten years have all been single-core games because of consoles.

3.6GHz. Not great, not terrible.

Yea Forums IS reddit

someone get this hot head out of here

Stop replying to the tripfag retard

Attached: 1560649057873.gif (475x498, 2.06M)

Sounds like complete bullshit. Mainstream quadcore cpus started appearing just around the time SoC was released and the game has been in development since times immemorial. Moreover lua is notoriously singlethreaded and the game itself utilizes like 100% of one core and very lightly uses 1 more at most.

That's child's play. Now 40%? Now that's a REAL man's number. Or maybe 13% and 50%.

Those memes are from Yea Forums you fucking dumb newfag

Get off of Yea Forums tripfag.

They’re from a forced general for an HBO show, Reddit tourist.

Not happening, my powerless anglocuck friend

Eat shit tripfag mentally ill people like you have always been the worst thing about Yea Forums

No
Yea Forums is reddit
That why you think Yea Forums is reddit

kek

Attached: 1558585689960.jpg (864x720, 126K)

Why is everyone so ugly in this show so ugly? Is this how Americans view slavs? Even the kinky haired bitch with the sobbing story was unnerving to look at

but both consoles have 8 cores, and the 360/ps3 before that were also multicore with not great single threaded performance

It's mostly just a case of developer laziness

Everybody says this show is the greatest thing but I dont come here for praise, you guys are the best around at shitting on everything and i want some opinions other than "its soo great, you need to watch it!"

Attached: 1535099238494.jpg (634x951, 68K)

Almost everyone in the entire cast is either Lithuanian or British. It was also the late 80s in the USSR, which was not exactly a fashionable time period. Finally, they were all working themselves to the bone around a nuclear vortex.

Yea Forums is more like reddit than Yea Forums will ever be

Anglo genetics

You're not entitled to anything, learn to form your own opinions, or go wither and die.

Both are reddit central. Too many zoomers which has destroyed all non-reddit sentimentalities. Boy Yea Forums and Yea Forums are full time corporate dick suckers now

Daikatana has a similar issue where the loading screen is tied to your fps, so if you're playing with v-sync on with 60hz monitor, loading screens last for ages.

OK

Then I’m your man my dude. I have plenty of criticisms to give to this show. Such as the fact that it should’ve gone for a more horror angle rather than a preachy angle. They could’ve utilized the Ukrainian language and subtitles for a more atmospheric vibe or at the very least Slavic accents (no, your bong actors being shit at accents isn’t an excuse). Also the addition of Ulana (and other SJW moments) was unnecessary and bloated the show with unneeded moral shaming. It’s like anglos cannot help showing themselves getting dom’d by females. They have a beta fetish they need to inject in every piece of their media.

it's the feedwater. he's been around it all night.

How do loading bars work bros?

im fucking tired of this goddamn board shitting on every single thing they see

>Games seems to be loading for a long time
>Decide to get into a more comfortable position until it's done
>As soon as your body starts to rest the loading bar shoots up
>Now you have to deal with the extreme uncomfortableness of un-resting your body just when it was gonna be rested

Attached: 1555428962524.jpg (500x565, 16K)

unfiltered

I still liked the show though and I gave it 10 on imdb to trigger GoT fags

Soviet union wasn't exactly an aesthetic paradise

Attached: 1292699061_sud.jpg (310x400, 30K)

It's not really preachy, and Ulana isn't really SJW. It's a smart idea from a writing standpoint to condense the scientists into one character, and why not make it a lady? All of the SJW shit is the writing being a faggot on twitter somehow conflating the Soviet Union with Donald Trump. As long as the show itself is solid, I don't care about whatever retarded shit the creators want to say.

Attached: 1559704355436.jpg (700x695, 284K)

Suck more corpodick, magatard

go back to Yea Forums

>it's another "ugh wimin ruin everything" post
If you bothered to watch the show, you'd see Ulana was arrested and sidelined more often than not. Legasov was still on the fence about working with the KGB even after her moral speech. In the end it was the last talk with Shcherbina that made him confess the truth, not your SJW boogeyman.

Attached: 1530924349961.gif (356x321, 1.07M)

did the actual events go over your head?
the government wasnt very stable, and was attempting to remain stable after shit like stalins reign.
Even if Chernobyl didnt cost the soviets billions of dollars, they would have started spiraling out of control, losing power, because of it.

Did the show need to beat you over the head about WHY they were lying as well?
Also, its based off real events, they dont need a "lying is bad" message. It's self explanatory.

Just know you're the right wing version of the faggot that won't watch Mel Gibson movies because he named the jew and said nigger a couple times.

Shitposting at a time like this....disgraceful really.

Attached: 078A0DD8C65A4FACBFD85E6EF5EEB898.png (1280x640, 716K)

It's really not smart, it's hacky writing. They could have at least condensed them into a few scientists with conflicting theories and viewpoints. It just makes the scientific part feel inadequately empty compared to military and workers that employed thousands of people to do various tasks and here we have 2 (two) scientists from whole Soviet Union giving a fuck and one of them is always so correct and morally superior that she doesn't feel like a character at all, just a storytelling device (because she is, and that feels out of place since they were going for authentic angle with literally everything else).

It's not the writing that makes the show 10/10. Its the cinematography and atmosphere

>see thread with Chernobyl image in the OP
>see filtered tripfag posts everywhere
How do you do it? Do you get notified whenever someone talks about Chernobyl no matter the borad and commence shitposting immediately?

That's true enough. I meant it was smarter than going with the reality of having a whole bunch of scientists. It could've been handled better.

mostly accurate, but considering thats the main complaints, that does mean its pretty decent.
(Though i would slightly disagree with the preachiness, since its targeting the main character, from the fake female character, but not actually the audience.)

Reminder this sad sack of shit lives on a stranded island and has to suck british cock just to make ends meet.

He will never experience civilization

I'm more pissed he's moving to Yea Forums after getting laughed out of Yea Forums of all places

Attached: 1560451785686.png (960x920, 868K)

This. He’s not based at all and raged hard lol

>Yea Forums
I guess that's why his name looks like an autistic 12 year old came up with it.

good, goooood... consume the TV shows, pay more for a subscription... don't question it, just watch the very good show

Attached: where is burger.jpg (480x548, 77K)

>consuming TV

What fucking year are you in? 2005? Nobody pays for TV anymore hell no one pays for stream shows either.

The series is unironically good, I even dare to say it is one of the best ones we got in recent years.
Then again, with the kind of shit that is mass selled like in Handmaiden's Tale or Game of Thrones is not really a challenge.

>Ukrainian language

What is this "pay" thing you mentioned?

Attached: 1246584932138.png (448x448, 86K)

neck yourself. english spoken with a slavic accent is the worst shit ever

>Reticulating splines

Attached: 155977564.png (833x894, 937K)

The issue with the ulana character is that due to her nature as a fictitious insert, she comes across as being some sort of omniscient god avatar that knows everything, serves as the perfect moral compass, and is all-around infallible and never wrong.

>The AI can see the player because the collider meshes of the world haven't been loaded yet so the player is detected through walls.
Have to be some merit to this, since quickloading would always alert the AI and make them find you.

They could've even kept her as a single character if they just showed that she wasn't infallible. Instead they had this character who figured out every single detail of what happened, who saved the world by pointing out the problem with the water tanks, etc. It would've been better had there been times she had come up with ideas and Legasov or someone else showed that she was wrong and needed to go back to the drawing board. But because she's never wrong, she comes off like a school teacher who has given the other characters an assignment that she knows the correct solution to, but is holding back to see if her pupils can figure it out.

>paying
>not pirating

Attached: 1552485139791.gif (545x524, 143K)

This.
It was enough that they butchered the names, no need to slaughter the tongue too.

My only problem with the whole Khomyuk thing is that she made Legasov spill the beans, which resulted in him offing himself like a coward bitch and completely undermined his whole character arc. Other than that, I can understand why they created her.

What's even funnier is that the water tank hypothesis was wrong. Fuel did reach the water tanks and nothing bad happened. It was a questionable suggestion even back then and if they had at least several scientists represented that would argue and disagree with each other on different topics, that could lead to some interesting dynamics within that committee. Instead they just present everything as absolute objective truth since there's noone to disagree with them.

where can i watch chernobyl
i want to get in on the memes

It's 5 episodes, just grab a torrent

>game has tips in loading screen
>game loads too fast to read any of them

Attached: 5685846816.jpg (540x540, 27K)

Hulu will give you a 7 day free trial for its HBO package, plenty of time to watch a 5 episode miniseries

>tfw no reactor gf

Attached: 1559957612948.jpg (1218x1282, 214K)

Attached: 1560133618996.jpg (1080x964, 207K)