I'm gonna play Deus Ex for the first time. Anything I should know? I already did the tutorial

I'm gonna play Deus Ex for the first time. Anything I should know? I already did the tutorial.

Attached: 51S2NX5DECL.jpg (469x500, 55K)

If you want to go non-lethal, hit people in their backs, instead of heads

Is it worth going non-lethal, does it change anything in the story?

it gets exponentially better once you get to china
make a effort to explore the levels as much as possible

Attached: 1555061691760.jpg (432x432, 82K)

no only some dialogue options early on. Lethal is easier but always try to be stealthy. You will most likely be in combat at some point or other. Don't worry about keeping a ton of guns on you the game will often put them in front of you before you need them. i.e gep gun plasma rifle or other wise. or mods just put them into what you want. You could look up unique weapon locations if you wanted but its not necessary. The last level is the hardest by far and I was running out of ammo by the end of the game and I wen't in almost full on all ammo. So just take it for what you will.

Attached: 1559495411185.jpg (1125x643, 470K)

get GMDX v10

Remap the original controls and explore.

Just explore a lot and have a good time. I think the best way to play these types of games is to try it stealthy at first, but when shit hits the fan, do what you gotta do. Don't reload unless you die.

You should be over 18 to post on Yea Forums

Attached: 1329672106514.jpg (1280x1024, 264K)

Make sure you put points into swimming. Otherwise you'll have trouble later on.

don't forget retexture mods and dx10 renderer(use classic lighting)
personally I always stop at MJ12 labs for some reason, can't finish the game for years after first time
gothic is clunkier but I replay it fully regularly, deus ex just can't I don't get it

Before leaving Everett's house kill/stun/report the fake mechanic so you can get the best dialogue of the game.

Don't use retexture mods. What's to be gained in making a 2000 game look like a 2002 game?

I'm trying to play Deus Ex again but I keep getting that mid-dialogue audio skip from presumably having too high FPS. Anyone know high to fix it?

The number 1 solution I see online is to use the Deus Exe launcher but I'm already using it.

Attached: deusex.png (657x542, 22K)

If you really want to make the game even more easier, save 3 augmentation upgrade canisters and as soon as you get the regeneration augmentation, pump it to max. Enjoy your infinite health because biocells are plentiful in this game.

dx10 renderer with the launcher.

also it's hilarious when people say HR takedown is easy when you can instant blackout anyone in the back with a baton at untrained level

Turn the audio latency setting up a bit, 60 worked for me. And try playing around with forcing vsync in the control panel instead.

press t
delete say
type: preferences
go to rendering and change in dx10 fps limit to 60

Press A to be gay today

Upgrade the Swimming skill, you'll need it to make the later levels much easier

Don't let the first level scare you off, it doesn't hold hands but the game is very simple to play, I consider myself a brainlet who plays FPS games only and can't into RPGs and yet I still had so much fun with this game

Thanks anons. I tried all of this and something worked.

A
Oh goddamn it, you fucking got me.

Swimming is fucking useless.