How Would a King Crimson style boss fight play out?

How Would a King Crimson style boss fight play out?

Attached: KingCrimson1.png (384x483, 270K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ODFk7wRNvTo?t=730
youtu.be/7SHntohx9sE?t=192
youtube.com/watch?v=t4kJXoARL-4
youtu.be/7YiBnxSIDhY?t=310
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It wouldn't. One of the key mechanics of King Crimson is the idea of fate, and that the future is already pre-determined. You can't have that in a video game where the player can choose to input their actions in real time.

200 ping

like joining an australian server in csgo

Attached: King Crimson plays Dark Souls.webm (640x480, 619K)

diavolo would have to be sent to multiple deaths forever by giorno and concluding vento aureo

Assuming the game has combos that you have to imput in advance:
>free himself of a combo while your character is left comboing nothing
>move the player foward if he was holding the joystick
>he can suddenly have you in a combo
>he can predict your combos in advance and counter or parry
Unless you limit when he skips it would be some real bullshit.

KC is a band right? What anime is this and why is it on the vidya board

Attached: 3C73C1E6-B4DF-400D-9680-4D364F2C929A.jpg (1280x1264, 251K)

I don't know but I figure a game where you play as King Crimson would work a bit like the vision mechanic from Xenoblade 1.

It's a villain's punchghost from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Most of them are named after bands, musicians and songs.

Perfect!

The same way it plays out in the PS2 vento aureo game

That’s kinda cool actually. I’ve got the first 3 hardcover volumes of Jojo manga but it’s focused on Dio and the vampire mask thing, just starts the Aztec looking bit at the end of vol 3

I'll ask a question, hijacking the thread.
What do you guys think a JoJo fighting game should play like? How would you make stands work in general despite the fact their abilities are usually bizarre and specific.

You could go the "flashy special ability" route, but you kind of defeat the purpose of a lot of these stands. I think a 3D arena fighter makes the most sense for a JoJo game, but requires way more R&D than Bandai Namco would be willing to put in to make it work. I'd say shrink the roster in order to focus on giving a handful of stands justice.

Stands only get introduced in Part 3, the first batch of Stands are named after taro cards and Egyptian gods but when Araki ran out of those is when he started using musical references. Prior to that he still used musical references for character names like Dire and Straits in Part 1 and the villains of Part 2.

The user of King Crimson and the ability itself has a lot in common with the album I find it pretty satisfying personally. If you're a fan of the album you might be interested.

N

I'd a say a timing thing where you have to work out when he skips time based on how long after he yells something that you both teleport and you lose health, then strike at just the right moment.

Sort of like the boss in the camel divine beast in botw, when it teleports around you and you have to shield bash at the right time to detect it.

The moment KC is activated, players cannot control their own character and let the NPC AI run your character for 10 seconds.

I think this works better in local multiplayer
I think this works better in single player / story mode.

Honestly, the answer should be both.

play the fucking ps2 game and find out god damn secondaries

imagine that even the original vento aureo videogame for the PS2 could not make it work.

I remember polnareff fight agains king crimson showing everything in grey and making u move slower.
While the battle agains giorno worked like a normal battle , same with bucciarati.

>mfw pink haired kid runs near Abbacchio

Attached: testtom.jpg (600x300, 91K)

ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA4>7>6>2>3>5>1ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA

Time skips and you take damage with everything moving slightly

You don’t

Make a turn-based, extremely detailed jrpg where you use the extremely detailed environment in conjunction with your stand- who will have to have scribblenauts-tier detail put into how many ways the player can use it’s abilities- to rig up incredibly complicated plans to hurt your opponent, with limited degrees of success. It probably wouldn’t be very fun though, because it would be a very special kind of frustrating to scramble up a plan to launch at your opponent only for him to asspull another. It would be so absurdly tense it isn’t even funny.

Nah, I think your idea could totally work. It's more of a question of how much effort put into it to figure out how to make it work. Honestly, I think Part 4 leaves the most spinoff potential for this kind of thing in a standalone game.

I still want my JoJo fightan gaem. One that sticks past "fan service".

What makes KC different from The World?

NANI!?

The difference is everyone dies in part 6

the world stops time. king crimson doesnt

With The World everyone except you just freezes, with KC everyone except you is on autopilot

>new Jojolion chapter today
Oh shit.

Every time you see a phantom of yourself displaced from time, you immediately dodge roll the fuck out of the way of King Crimson's killing blow?

Attached: 2e2.png (500x480, 243K)

dude but thats how you get killed

>spoiler
You mean everyone in the gang except Emporio, right?

yes

It would require a absurd amount of work, think scribblenauts but even more insane.

Diavolo can see the future and skip time with King Crimson. It allows him to thematically cheat fate however he pleases; negating physical actions in skipped time like bullets and punches, killing his completely defenseless enemies with one blow or remaining completely anonymous to people around him.

Attached: 9759754.jpg (1920x1080, 396K)

The same way a DIO bossfight would play out.
To the people who don't have time affecting stands, King Crimson's power is functionally identical to The World just with the added confusion of being in a different place now than you were before, which you could simulate pretty easily in a game. Just carry forward player inputs with maybe some situational AI, it does depend on what type of game it is though. A turn based KC battle could be implemented a lot more faithfully, but would be maybe a bit less engaging.

weaponized time lag + the ability to see and predict the future

King Crimson is legendarily over powered and confusing

Attached: 1555121392241.png (1280x720, 916K)

youtu.be/ODFk7wRNvTo?t=730

>you have to pay close attention to the environment or set up reactions for you to watch (blood drops)
>when you notice a skip you dodge and punish
>or you set up actions with multiple/far reaching consequences(shoot gun, he dodges bullet but bullet hits explosive or bounces around longer than Epitaph can see)
>Diavolo eventually catches on and fewer things will work on him if you use them too much

Because it's already in a video game

Attached: It Just Works ASB.webm (720x405, 2.73M)

and also the whole rest of the world

>if a new official Jojo game gets announced it will probably be even shittier than EoH

Attached: 1547307015358.jpg (250x246, 10K)

So can epitaph still see the future immediately after a timeskip?

Nessuno può sfuggire dal destino scelto
Rimane solo il risultato che voi sarete distrutti
L’eterna cima esiste solo per me
Puoi cantare canzoni di tristezza nel mondo senza tempo

Fuck Diavolo

Attached: kills your favorite character.jpg (1920x3240, 2.7M)

His timeskip has a cooldown
His power has a determined range
You have to bait him out the range into using his timeskip so you can strike him

All living beings were safely brought into Pucci's new world, so only the cast died directly to Pucci while every other living being on the planet survived.

You set out to make it mildly non-competitive and spend most of what would be balance testing coming up with all the different ways each stand power could be used in a fight in addition to those seen in the manga.
JoJo fighting games sound like a good idea but the entire point of Stands is to make fights about creative use of highly specific special abilities. Some Stands and some Users are just flat out stronger than others and it would be going against the entire point of the concept to just normalize everybody to be a generic fighter with maybe a gimmick or two that can't really be that good or else it'll be overpowered.

It would have to factor in things like stand range, too. A JoJo game where getting within two meters of DIO or Diavolo without a time-affecting stand power ISN'T basically instant death is a bad JoJo game.
Honestly I think maybe it would work better as a really unorthodox single player or coop action game where instead of mashing out lots of attacks you have to overcome the challenge of fighting stand users that feel threatening like actual stand users, where you have to figure out and be careful of their range and the environment and the specific nature of their ability, to figure out a way to approach and defeat them.

Like this. youtu.be/7SHntohx9sE?t=192

>the timer still counts down
nice

TWENTY FIRST CENTURY SCHIZOID MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

that fucking bassline FUCK

Attached: yes ayyu.png (646x720, 14K)

He skips time for a few seconds for everyone else where they do what they were going to do anyway, but he can move freely.
In combat it's almost identical outside of a few key scenarios

You'd need a similar ability. For example, in Paladins when new guy Atlas gets hurt he can Crazy Diamond himself and go back in time to a few seconds ago when he had full HP

If Pucci gets Made In Heaven he speeds up the timer and ends the round in a few seconds. ASB was based when it came to fan service.

Attached: closer.jpg (800x960, 154K)

Court of the Crimson King is still a damn good album

it stops when dio and jotaro use their timestops as well.
it even resets when kira uses bites the dust

fpbp
all thinking anons have thought about this and reached this same conclusion

As far as my understanding goes, he erases time. Things still happen during it, but the effects don't really stick if that makes sense. So like
>Man shoots a gun at another man, Man 2 gets hit by bullet, falls over and dies
Now add a bit of KC
>Man shoots gun at another man, KINGO CRIMSON, the bullet is long gone and man 2 is flat on his back, neither man knows what the fuck just happened except that they've moved positions slightly.

It'd be like reading a comic book with panels randomly torn out of it. Everything continues happening as if those panels were there, you just have no idea what was happening in them.

its also nullifyied if you use GER

KC is unable to attack while he's in erased time while ZA WARUDO can do whatever it wants during stopped time.

>You can't have that in a video game where the player can choose to input their actions in real time
They tried getting around that in Bunny Must Die. There's an actual unironic jojo ref in the final bossfight called Vermilion Lord. When the boss uses it the game freezes for a few seconds and whatever input you were doing keeps getting repeated during the freeze. So for example if you were moving left when the game freezes you'd be even further left when you regain control

he literally kills bruno in the erased time

Sure but couldn't it work in a turn-based game? Like the game "erases" your's and the computer's last turn so that the computer can redo it's turn while you're locked into whatever you already did. It's not exactly the same but it's pretty close.

Explain this

Attached: x16.jpg (1560x1200, 960K)

New chapter when?

Attached: what.png (142x556, 68K)

He can skip to the end. They were going to end up there anyway, he just deleted the time where he did it

King Crimson is basically lag in a videogame

Attached: King Crimson.webm (700x392, 2.93M)

He kills Bruno after the erased time ends. He erases time to avoid attacks and get himself into an advantageous position. Some confusion does arise though since KC during the first encounter works a bit differently than KC works later on. Him severing Trish's hand and running off with her shouldn't have been possible with the ruleset that was later established, not to mention that whole thing with Bruno seeing his future self for some reason.

he can counter all of your attacks and instantly KO you after that.
you have to find a special item to beat him

he cant see the future

you're retarded

Araki tends to make things up as he goes along to a degree, at least until things get settled, like how exactly KC's powers work.

I remember early on in 3 Dio used The World to do a number of things it shouldn't have been able to, and couldn't later (like copying Hermit Purple to counter-spy on the Joestars) since his power was changed to stopping time later on when originally The World's power was being able to use all the powers of the other tarot stands.

You'd have to edit the game files to win.

diavolo have only KC

He has a "sub-stand", for lack of a better term, called Epitaph that lets him see into the future. 30 seconds I think?

Nigga what? That's literally Epitaph's power, to see ten seconds into the future. This ten seconds is fate and cannot be changed. King Crimson's time erasure is the only thing that can change the fate that he foresaw. This is why Doppio's fight with Risotto went the way it did. He saw the future but because he didn't have full control of KC he couldn't erase time, and thus couldn't change fate.

Except Giorno
fuck knows what that retard was up to.

Animeonly here, why do both openings have a shitload of chain motifs?

Something to do with the chains of fate or am I reaching?

You'll understand when Sleeping Slaves come around.

Epitaph is doppio stand
KC is diavolo stand

is the key of part 5

Nah that's it.

>chains of fate
Yes, part 5 and 6 are big on themes of fate/destiny.

Like Heritage for the Future

He uses frame skips and save states

Bossu looked so cool with a suit and non-gay hair style.

what fucking rock have you been living under

DI MOLTO!

It isnt

It is

Play the PS2 game and find out.

Actually, it was odd as fuck, it just adds a wierd ass red filter while everyone moves at like 2 fps and you are sorta frozen in time while Diavolo can move around.

Basically, it was THE WORLD with some Windows Movie Maker effects on top.

It isn't yoy fucking anime only

then explain why doppio can only use Epitaph

He doesn't know he has KC. Diavolo knows he and Doppio are the same person. The Doppio identity does not and thinks Epitaph is just given to him by Diavolo. But Epitaph is still a part of KC the way Bites the Dust is KQ's sub-stand

He literally sees the future in the new opening, you are retarded.

Attached: Diavolo epitaph.jpg (1920x1080, 795K)

Explain why Diavolo can use Epitaph when Doppio is dead

doppio exists entirely so Diavolo can delude himself into thinking he has a cover/someone he can trust. Giving Doppio KC fully breaks the illusion and reveals the truth

Attached: 1075FF74-817F-4D2A-BA1D-6381A4D022E0.png (1366x1072, 1.55M)

If you shave Diavolo's head can he no longer use Epitaph?

Except he physically interacts with people and objects all the time in erased space time?

The fortune teller? the evidence in the hotel room when the cleaner comes in? Diavolo seems to be able to CHOOSE what he even interacts with inside of King Crimson's bull shit effect.

Attached: no body no evidence.jpg (1920x1080, 788K)

Part 5 anime is soulless

Diavolo uses them both freely, King Crimson is entirely his own
He merely lets Doppio defend himself with Epitaph

Attached: 1555091305313.jpg (997x805, 79K)

Part 5's soul is literally on par with Part 3's soul now. They're both fantastic series to watch, frankly so much better than Part 4.

Attached: you fuck.jpg (680x528, 164K)

One "erases" 10 seconds of time while the other stops time for 10 seconds

Attached: Monarch Red.jpg (484x476, 90K)

ahem

Attached: 1537510874081.png (875x1054, 530K)

Wish he kept this mafia look instead of being a BDSM faggot

Alexander in FFXIV has some aspects of that. The entire raid's storyline is basically a timeloop he engineered with the intend to eventually get you to defeat him, it's basically Bites the Dust in reverse. During the final fight you go back in time to save yourself during previous cutscenes and the like.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

How would GER style boss fight play out?

>not this guy
I'm on my way out so I can't make a decent edit

Attached: 5C28D4EA-48C7-42E3-9FB0-9375D9D38A1D.jpg (208x190, 7K)

None of your buttons do anything and then you get punched and die infinitely

The World: Stops Time for the user.

King Crimson: It just works.

I...don´t remember that. Got any webms with you, my guy?

youtube.com/watch?v=t4kJXoARL-4

Christopher Robin is more like the original idea for The World, though, where it copied everyone else's Stands.

Yea Forums has god tier off topic threads so shut the fuck up before you attract the jannies

Not him but I think he's talking about 5:10 in this video - youtu.be/7YiBnxSIDhY?t=310
There's a portion earlier in the story where Alexander Prime appears and attacks, but shuts down before he can harm you. In the fight with him, you're inside him, destroying the things powering him in the past.
So you're saving your own life in the past.
You can see the NPCs you were with dive out of the way of the laser and compare it to the earlier cutscenes.

Attached: alex prime.png (1517x707, 2.06M)

He's talking about the portals you send people into to kill an add.
It's the cutscene where Alexander Prime first appears and fires a gigantic laserbeam at you while you are confronting the Illuminati leader together with Cid, Biggs, Wedge, and I think Mide is there too. The people who enter those portals during the fight break you out of that Stasis so your cutscene selves can dodge the attack in time. If they fail you get a special game over sequence too where Alexander deems that timeline failed and sends you back to start over.

Sometimes. Waifu trash, which is 95% of the off topic spam, is pure worthless garbage.