You want to put le hard boss in your game fine, but put a nearby checkpoint...

You want to put le hard boss in your game fine, but put a nearby checkpoint. No fun in walking the same path over and over again.

Loved this game but I'm about to unninstal. I died many and many times during the first hornet encounter but that was ok since the checkpoint was so close. Now why this knight I need to kill a mob, walk 2 maps, take 3 elevators and kill the soul that gets stuck with the boss. Already performed so many time that I probably can reach the fucker with my eyes closed.

Attached: fuck this.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CBiQCEQSXQ8?t=14
m.youtube.com/watch?v=BFrob2Bl7OE
youtu.be/mzQOqji_9jM?t=3
hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Dreamgate
youtube.com/watch?v=guSyHMZcZWA
youtube.com/watch?v=pFAknD_9U7c
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/586931790208434203/589981371083128833/IMG_3579.mov
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No need to walk the same path over and over again if you GIT GUD lmao

Attached: large[1].jpg (800x450, 61K)

he's a miniboss, you're fucking hopeless

lmao how the fuck do you have trouble with Hornet and Soul Warrior?

Soul Warrior is pretty busy but after you figure out how to manage enemies spawning in he's piss easy. Hornet... I don't even understand how Hornet is hard

The trek back to bosses is like the Soul reduction, something they copied from Souls without thinking about why they did it and why its more tedious in their game.

>character moves worse than a 60 yo granny
>boss teleports behind, above, away from you
>keep spamming magical orbs that follow you
>has a dash that covers half the screen
>can deal damage by simply touching you
>my soul from previously death always start in a spot that forces me to lose a life to kill it

Hornet had that needle trow over the entire screen but was funny because her noises and the nearby checkpoint.

He has literally 3 moves, all of which require 1 button to evade, and all of which are punishable.
Stop moving like a spaz, and stop trying to heal, you pathetic faggot.

youtu.be/CBiQCEQSXQ8?t=14

my problem was trying to play instead of spamming the same move forever.

Should I keep playing or the bosses get more bullshit than this? I'm gonna try this miniboss for 1 h and if I can't kill him I'm uninstalling and going back to spelunky (which I never finished, playing since 2013).

Man Silksong is going to be something else. How many people will get bodied by the very first Lace fight?

>learn how to abuse/cheese the boss ai
>win
Wow so le hard I am le pro Yea Forums gamer git gud lmao le git le gud xDDD

I can't wait for you to fight a tough one, like Grimm.

yeah in the video you can see how the fight with thi good AI boss is basically the same as playing a broken fighting game where you can beat the opponent by simply spamming the same lower kick over and over again while him is trapped agains the wall.

Figured out something similar with hornet. For a long time died trying to play defensive (skipping her attacks and waiting for an opportunity to hit her safe) but after many attempts I could defeat her by tanking the needle trow then hitting her 4 times in a row, jumping, healing, tanking the needle again...

Not saying that this is bad or better AI = better game, really think this game is the best indie ever made but I'm probably not gonna finish because they should put benches very closer to all the bosses.

I recommend you try to keep going but you'll probably quit for good at the full boss version of that guy.

If this guy gives you trouble you might as well give up before the Beefy boi squadron.

Not bait but people find this game hard? I thought this was one of the easier metroidvanias but maybe I'm spoiled from playing games like distorted travesty or bunny must die

Dude that's a normal fucking enemy. Good luck fighting the boss if you can't even beat him.

>Rather than develop skill, I learn to exploit the bosses. While this strategy works, I am unappreciative of the fact that the developers punish me for doing this by placing benches several minutes away from the boss rooms.

You know, there is a single boss that I fought that I felt this way about, and it's one of the last. But c'mon, man. That's like bitching about how you don't like Bloodborne because you can't equip heavy armor and turtle behind the shield. You are playing the game in a way it wasn't meant to be played, and bitching about how it isn't as easy or fun to do.

I'd say this is one of the tougher games if you don't include all the fan garbage games.

Go play Castlevania or Mario if you want an easy 2d game. Hollow Knight is for the big boys.

I honestly look forward to the rage, shit's gonna be great.

Attached: 1560402835058.png (642x657, 231K)

You probably havent upgraded your nail.
Each upgrade is like a 50% increase in damage and the first one only costs geo.
For the second you can explore around and find the pale ore you need.

I absolutely loved everything about the first game and finished all of it except the last pantheon.
Not really feeling practicing bosses for 50 hours.

How do you die multiple times to the very first Hornet encounter?

Soul Warrior is easy once you've seen his attacks.
You either need to jump over him or dodge sideways and the time you get to do it is much greater then on real hard bosses.
You just need to understand that there are no healing openings.

I stopped at the pantheon, too. I enjoy the game and am enough of a glutton for punishment that I actually got the final ending for Drakengard 1 and 3, but I can't justify the time sink into the final pantheon. It's just not worth it.

have the first but thought the ore would be found only later so never searched for that.

Definitevely not for me. I play sports and already need to work on boring skills everyday, no way I'm adding an extra skillwork hour everyday in my life just to be able to beat a game.

>i could git gut, but i rather bitch on Yea Forums like a pussy instead

I can relate, no need to wear yourself out before Silksong drops.

>Definitevely not for me. I play sports and already need to work on boring skills everyday, no way I'm adding an extra skillwork hour everyday in my life just to be able to beat a game.
I'd say video games aren't for you, then. I mean, if you don't have to try, what fun is the game? If you actually have to develop skills to succeed, it seems like you can't be assed. So yeah, maybe you should invest in movies or books instead, where you can be passive. God knows it'll be cheaper for you.

Attached: 1496274025622.png (500x616, 108K)

ALL OF THIS SILK RUNNING THROUGH MY HEAD

Attached: PULL MY DEVIL TRIGGER.webm (800x450, 2.91M)

will silksong garner more hornet art?

Attached: 1492400221058.png (1077x1821, 144K)

Cleaning out the handicapped versions of pantheon of the sage or whatever it's called.
Where you at my pantheon bros?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=BFrob2Bl7OE

Meanwhile in rabi ribi

Next I'm gonna try stardew valley, replay gta sa or keep trying spelunky. Today I'm able to reach the temple but never the boss because anubis just travels around walls and spam that purple orb. At least in spelunky I don't need to redo the exactly same boring walking over and over again.

based bunnyposter

just go play megaman x for a bit

2d action games are probably going to be a common staple of games for quite a while, there's plenty to cut your teeth on and consider it a transferrable skill.

some classic metroids, some castlevanias, or like new super mario bros. All of these will make you understand 2d platformers like this a bit better I think.

Is that the one you fight for the black soul shot? He was pretty annoying

Hornet looks like she naturally has more range than the Knight and she has that little airdodge as well as a better jump. Not saying her game won't body casuals but it looks like playing as her is quite a bit easier.

Hornet having so much more acrobatics and tools to use is going to be fucking fantastic.
I hope it won't feel as limited as the first game where you don't really use your abilities much since you got unbreakable strength, mark of pride and quick slash.

Based on the games you listed, I have no idea why you would think that Hollow Knight would be for you.

That just means they made the skill floor lower but the potential for more off the cuff shit is far higher than it was in HK.

Oh yes it will

Attached: horny.jpg (800x547, 93K)

I've already ascended the Hollownest pantheon. No way am I going to do it over again with bindings.

>always used Sprintmaster and Mark of Pride in the first game

Attached: 1557382686900.png (404x400, 222K)

Tastefull bait

I like trying new games from time to time

>my problem was trying to play instead of spamming the same move forever.
What does that even mean?

trying to play defensive or using the moves as I want instead of going right for spamming the jump + hit down until he dies.

This is literally the only reason i dropped every from game. I am okay with trying to beat boss for 20 time, bit not if i have to spend 5 minutes doing exactly the same thing to get to the boss after every death. It's just bad game design. You already get punished gameplay-wise for every death, this shit is just tedious and unfun.

>OP had trouble with hornet 1
>hornet 2 exists

Attached: 1501618348224.jpg (493x276, 33K)

How is being able to counter every single one of the boss' moves, regardless of sequence cheesing? And what AI? You mean the random number generator which determines the boss' next attack?

And DPS-racing a boss is a valid strategy for the first few hours, sure, but it's thrown you against a wall for Soul Warrior and it won't save you for the next boss either. It gets harder and harder until the post-game where perfect play goes from a goal to a requirement. The game is one of honing reflexes, learning patterns, perfecting timing, deciding strategies, and mental readiness.
If you are neither capable of that nor have the patience to learn, best save yourself the time and find a game you would enjoy more.
youtu.be/mzQOqji_9jM?t=3

>Wtf I have to actually attack the boss
Masterfull bait user. Almost had me.

never played dark souls, sekiro or bloodbourne and tried hollow knight because loved the art style. Yeah the game is incredible good but they could improve some details, for some reason maybe the believe unfun = challenging. Maybe the walking punishent walking is a motivation for you to avoid dying at all costs but I don't think this works.

You do that in every game. Most are just so easy that you never notice.

Unironically get good OP

He's saying using a single move over and over again is fucking boring, which it is.

hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Dreamgate
I know, you actually unlock new techniques as you progress through the game. Shocking, I know.

kek, I'm not spending 40 hours a week practicing and training for a game. Is this game made for aspiring e-athletes?

yes, spam the attack move or the boss doesn't die

>have to walk for 5 minutes to reach boss
>fail to defeat boss
>can't play for another 5 minutes, have to walk
>the complaint is the downtime but all autists can do is shout "git gud" over and over again

HK in a nutshell. Just blindly copies every mechanic from DaS without considering whether it suits a sidescroller or not. Game is literally and ironically soulless.

fuck you, I liked it (even though I can't play).

there isn't a single boss in the game with a 5 minute long walkback retard

The game has 4 directional movement, a melee attack, a dash and a heal. Ofcourse your option are going to be simple, it's about learning enemy patterns. You can unlock some flashy moves but those are never required.

You can't keep tanking damage forever.

No. That would be Salt and Sanctuary.

Dude, it's a challenging game, and you're not very far in. It doesn't take a long time to get dream gates, which will let you warp ANYWHERE you want for a single essence.

Except that has been a thing since SoTN.
If you don't like metroidvanias don't play metroidvanias retard.

>fight 2 minute long boss fight for over an hour
>continue to fail to defeat boss
>complain about long walk back

t.never played the game
It's a metroidvania, it copies things from other metroidvanias.

Listen OP in Hollow Knight the key to defeat a boss is to ONLY attack during a downtime

I never even used the dreamgates.

>Dude, it's a challenging game
>that's why you gotta walk for 5 minutes if you die
>the walk is part of the challenge
>the challenge is to not get so bored you uninstall the game
>just walk bro, walking is hard, git gud

Honestly if you're good you can attack during their attacks. Hell later bosses require this.

I only used them to get back up to the Traitor Lord, mostly because I found the climb more tedious than fun and I died a few times to him.

Either commit to getting far enough to get the Dream Gate, or quit. Literally nobody gives a shit.

This. Good luck beating NKG otherwise.

What fucking boss runback forces you to run for 5 minutes? Literally the only one who's even remotely long is Traitor Lord.

The second longest ones, Mantis Lords and Soul Master, are barely that long.

It's funny since Dark Souls is pretty much a 3D metroidvania.

>complains about long walk back
>When you can break a shortcut between the bench with cornifer and soul sanctum elevator
>He's not even dying at the main boss
I fucking swear you casualfags deserve all the derision you get

That's extra funny because symphony of the night and dark souls both cite zelda as their primary influence. 2 different takes on zelda that get compared a lot.

Really hope you can have more than a decent amount of abilities at once in Silksong. Going to be real sad if the not-charm system limits you as hard as the charm system in HK.

Attached: 1531815051184.png (1920x1080, 3.36M)

Even funnier considering the hk devs say zelda 2 was their biggest influence.

>before playing this game
>"art style looks pretty bland... not sure if interested"
>after playing this game
>"the aesthetic of this game is so fucking beautiful please give me more and the characters are so cute and charming fuck please release silksong already I need my fix"

How did they do it?

Attached: 1552563470776.jpg (613x587, 16K)

I'd love to have him try to beat the watcher knights. "I'll just tank hits until it works!" is a great way to get your shit wrecked.

Straya Power

Just drop the game you pathetic zoomer.

I like medieval movies with knights and like plants. Loved the aesthetics because it remembers me of old castles and then you reach greenpath which is all green and full of plants. Also the piano music is nice, specially in city of tears. Theres many visual elements in this game that I like and are familiar to me so I tried the game because of how it looks.

They never showed the crest/tool system in the demo.

What I hope is that you can change crest loadouts on the fly.

In the end it's gonna be worth it, OP.

Attached: 20190301213016_1.jpg (1920x1080, 300K)

the harder a boss the closer the bench so if you have to walk a lot you are dying to a shitter

City of Tears was the exact moment where I was getting the feeling that this game was gonna be a new entry on my list of all time favorites. I had to just stand there for a while and soak in the atmosphere and comfy music.

He's dying to a miniboss

>nobody gives a shit bro
>that's why 40 people posted "git gud" and came to defend their precious indie edgy calarts 2hard4u game
>REEEEEE IT'S NOT HARD EXCEPT WHEN IT IS JUST WALK, WORSHIP THE GAME AND WALK LIKE I DID

Yeah. Love the amount of details. Lots of little things as well.

Attached: Hollow-Knight.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

Nobody gives a shit whether you stick around to finish the game or not is his point.
All the "git gud posting" are gamers of average skill being flabbergasted that you're getting stonewalled this hard by a such an easy miniboss

Attached: 1537175720087.png (811x809, 613K)

Actually, people came in and told you what you were doing wrong, and then you bitched and moaned about how it wasn't fair that you don't get automatic retries with bosses (until you get to the point where you unlock Dream Gates).

You aren't even dying to an actual boss. You're dying to a mini boss.

>uses buzzwords words he doesn't understand
>dies to a miniboss
>cries like a bitch
Fucking casual scum.

Guys help me beat the watcher knights, everything was smooth sailing until I got stuck here and I really wanna finish this great game

use shaman stone and descending dark

You can perma kill one by dropping the chandelier. Get range extending charms and just whack them. If you do it right you won't be fighting more than one.

Im OP not him

>LISTEN SHITTER NOBODY CARES!!!!
>WE'RE JUST GONNA KEEP GIVING YOU (YOU)S BECAUSE WE DON'T CARE SO MUCH!!!!
>GIT GUD!!! GIT GUD AND WALK!!!!!!!!
>NOOOOOO DON'T BADMOUTH MY PRECIOUS HOT TOPIC GAME, NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Soul Warrior
You can cheese them pretty easily.
youtube.com/watch?v=guSyHMZcZWA

Pro-tip: They can only start a roll if they're on screen

>trying to play defensive
Imagine turtling in a fucking 2d platformer
OP you are either braindead or trolling

this mad over a bug

You can badmouth it. There's legitimate criticisms to be had with the game. But what you/OP were bitching about isn't one of them. It's basically bitching about the entire genre, rather than the game. Don't like the genre? Don't buy games in the genre. And there goes your personal problem, while everyone else gets to continue playing things that they like.

Moving to a less shitposty direction, reminder of the stuff originally shown in the trailer

>dash attack that doesn't require a retarded charge time or take silk, propels you up into the air [0:28]
>dive attack from midair that doesn't take silk and pogos you) [0:29] & [0:46] & [1:08] & [1:40]
>some sort of actual diagonal jump made for covering distance [0:31]
>can do it off of walls [0:32]
>pulling yourself to enemies midair and walks (takes silk) [0:33]
>rapid backwards dash [0:38]
>her boss move throwing the needle and pulling it back with thread (takes silk) [0:41]
>storm kunai [0:42]
>HIGALAY thread AOE [0:49]
>unrelated but she is playing her needle like an instrument at [1:05]
>full heals midair in an instant [1:08]
>caltrops she can pogo off of [1:31]
>grenade [1:34]
>hornetchildren [1:37]
>kunai [1:38]
>gives herself lifeblood midair [1:40]
>deployable sawblade [1:43]
>a proper fucking parry (takes silk) [1:45]

youtube.com/watch?v=pFAknD_9U7c
Anything more to add to her apparent abilities from the game demos at E3?

Can we all agree to ignore shitters so we can have comfy threads so that when Silksong releases we have a good place to discuss the game? I'm gonna be sad if I can't share my experience with people.

Alright thanks for the (you)s guys, I had fun greentexting and impersonating OP over a game I've never even played.

Poor naive user. The moment a game/series reaches a critical point in popularity all discussion of it is doomed for years.

This. I don't even go into NieR threads anymore. Automata, while not a bad game, ruined all discussion of it.

Based

You start a sprint after dashing. While sprinting your normal attack becomes the dash attack and your normal jump becomes the leap shown at 0:31 in the trailer.

I'm going to use this post in threads about games I like very early on to diffuse shitposting

Attached: 1536219011986.png (320x287, 19K)

From what I heard the crest/tool system is split up into three things:
>Red - usable tools/consumables need to craft shit for them
>Blue - might add an extra move to your arsenal like say a backdash
>Yellow - might be purely passive effects like the old charms

And obviously it says change crests so that probably means there's an offensive crest filled with only Red nodes.

Attached: crest.png (1280x720, 442K)

I beat NKG before fighting vanilla Radiance. Is it easier?

Attached: just fuck my shit up.png (387x221, 73K)

I did the same. Yes though it's a very different type of boss and you are more prone to getting fucked over by RNG even once you've learned the patterns.

Depends on you my man. I can flawless NKG and I fucking still choke on Radiance
I've never made it deep enough into pantheon 5 to practice seriously but I always knew Absolute Radiance would be where I got stonewalled anyway

Attached: 1550477565579.png (2600x2001, 809K)

I hope to god the compass is something you need to equip again just to make people mad.

I gonna try fighting it today. It's been so long, though. I'm rusty as fuck.

Attached: honorless asshole.jpg (344x457, 61K)

That sounds like Aria of Sorrow

Good luck. I'm good at path of pain and good at combat, I don't know why Radiance fucks me up so bad.

Attached: 1536231270669.png (640x360, 174K)

Like he said, he's not a real boss mate git gud, you're part of the cancer that breaks video games...

Then just avoid the things and bam, it's a win...

Apparently there's an actual fucking "taunt" button in in the demo that no one showed off.

There's literally a chance that she says GIT GUD in it. What the fuck were those aussie shitposters thinking?

>the other crest looks like the hunter
You think the godtuner will be a crest like this as well?

Radiance is what made me swap from a safety build to unga bunga magic build. Turns out a boss can't hurt you as bad if you hit it in the face with 4 abyssal shrieks first.

The six eyes are also the symbol of the weavers, so it's more likely to be related to them.

>git gud button in the game

B A S E D

There's already something else related to the weavers in her loadout

Isn't there a bench close to this guy. Behind a breakable wall?

>What the fuck were those aussie shitposters thinking?
Do you really wanna look into a mind of a Australian?

>Taunt while boss is stunned
Fucking perfect

I call bullshit, how has nobody used it any of the videos

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/586931790208434203/589981371083128833/IMG_3579.mov

What the fuck.

>Its not git gud
Oh well, Garama is a good one as well
Fucking awesome!

>ever since e3 there's been a massive uptick in yuri fanart for Lace and Hornet
God help this fandom once the actual game drops.

Smack the left wall during the last elevator ride before the boss. Opens a shortcut directly to the bench.

In the Hornet 2 fight she's invincible while she does that garama thing at the start of the fight, it might just be a stationary evasive move or something? I like the idea of a taunt though

Attached: 1550286200883.png (1000x1247, 797K)

I hope they change hornet's "slash" animation and sound, it just seems way to similar to the knight's

Attached: 1531651993399.png (639x1442, 878K)

What was the best fight in HK and why was it this?

Attached: NKG.jpg (550x500, 47K)

Step aside, faggot

Attached: B_Grey_Prince_Zote.png (521x405, 192K)

This fight was probably one of the most unfun ones in the entire game. Dude just randomly jumps around slamming his fat ass into the ground, occasionally spawning little retard clones and flailing his sword around. Literally RNG the fight

I managed to beat the last Pantheon on a fluke. Radiance nearly got me. I wouldn't be able to do it with restrictions on. Took about 10 hours to beat Godmaster.

I tried it a decent amount of times but realized i had to train some of the bosses for some time and dropped it. 112% felt like more than enough anyways.
I'm glad they put some real hardcore content into the game though.

NKG is easy once you learn patterns. Radiance can RNG kill you.

Markoth is one of the hardest to do without losing all or your HP. Most of the bosses are pretty easy and they only get challenging towards the end.

Radiance is mostly just jumping and dodging while being a slower fight overall. The real shit begins with Absolute Radiance where the boss goes into full autism mode.
I somehow didn't struggle with Markoth at all and beat him rather easily, but i had the maxed Grimm pet and plenty of range while fighting him. His shield AoE never really hit me. The last phase can be a little messy with all his fucking swords flying all over the place though.