Why do people defend this?

Why do people defend this?

Attached: n64 trees.jpg (1322x1096, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

videogameschronicle.com/news/game-freak-prioritising-original-game-projects/
youtu.be/lSxpEvha2pc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: hahahaIdontreallyknow.png (631x800, 361K)

>LOOK AT THIS STUPID TREE SO UGLY

Can you show me some examples of BAD GRAFIX in the towns or cities?

Why is it always the same fucking screenshots of a tree with you people?

cause it's a fuckign tree

OOT is one of the best game ever made and they recreated its trees, what's not to approve of?

>looks worse than an n64 game

I'm impressed to be honest.

They'd have to show gameplay of a town or city first

Attached: 1560829155902.png (1243x463, 90K)

Towns and cities are easy. You can put down an untextured cube, stick on a door and call it a building.

How is "You'll buy it anyway" an apologist statement? Literally 90% of the people on this shitty board complaining WILL buy it anyway.

Imagine being unable to enjoy a game because of wood textures involved.

Look at the trailers

Attached: D4FFA9C3-71FB-4E28-98D8-BD92B419800E.jpg (1094x615, 77K)

Modern world design, everyone.

that's not gameplay

Please don't share tips from my Minecraft World Building YouTube videos without asking for my permission first. Thanks.

Fuck off apologist nigger

They likely went conservative on the terrain detail in the wild area to account for the varying number of high-poly poke models being rendered on screen coupled with the increased draw distance not required in tight urban areas.

Attached: 1560698769091.jpg (1522x1202, 115K)

This ia what ive been trying to say!! This game looks like messy shit and people are only conplaining about their stupid fetishe... I mean pokemon not being in the game. Can we take a moment to realize that this is the richest developer in existence and the quality of their games are consistently on par with any mobile card game?

Sort of like "You'll buy it anyway, so it can't be THAT bad"

keked hard

Attached: 1555852558967.jpg (422x442, 58K)

im not saying shit becuase i know im buying the game either way
just gonna sit back and watch you idiots rip each other to shreds

Attached: 1552179320619.png (798x798, 635K)

because their identity hinges on their toys, if you attack the product or brand they like you ostensibly attack them.

Are now gameplay trailers cutscenes?

How dare you?! How can you say absolute truth instead of telling they are
Lazy billionaires?!
>richest dev
Rockstar? Or did you mean ea and their sport division?

Aren't they imported from the 3DS

Attached: Soyboys, this is your mindset.jpg (2503x2291, 595K)

If you ever consider me liking that shitty movie because I don‘t care about graphics in s pokemon game, I will take your shitty kawaii u weebgames and slap you left and right with them

Probably, and those models were ridiculously high poly for the system they were on. It was kind of detrimental to game performance but I guess maybe making the models like that was for future-proofing, and here we are, the future.

Graphics don't make a game good.

Why are people upset about it?

>Monster hunter still uses PS2 era textures and graphics
>Runs smooth like butter
>Modern game has flashy over the top graphics
>Glitches and bugs all over the place with no quality control.

It's that simple. People want a functional game, a good looking one is irrelevant if it plays well. You're too hooked on eyecandy like every non-gamer in existence.

Does it more like that? That you can just import models from one game to another? I doubt the 3DS games and SS use the same engine so can they really just "import"?

Attached: 1545177682205.gif (189x203, 84K)

>cuts a shit ton of pokemon to make the game more polished
>looks like a ps2 game

There is nothing PS2 era about Monster Hunter world

Exactly. Which is why world is dogshit.

What's your favorite game this generation? Devil May Cry 5? Whatever it is please tell me so I can go find some random object that has no importance to anything in the game so I can shitpost about it's low quality textures.

Real life modern world design too since Adolf Loos and Le Corbusier + their proteges raped world architecture post-WW2.

Attached: YOUDONTLIKEMYUGLYBOXES?YOUMUSTBEANEGROCRIMINALGNGDURRR.png (820x632, 177K)

>If you like nice looking architecture you're basically a nigger

Define "nice looking architecture "

Should've bought the grass texture pack at the very least

Attached: halo.jpg (1024x768, 277K)

>stop buying games since Gen 5
>"y-y-y-y-y-y-you're buy it anyway!"
Fucking mongoloids I swear.

Attached: NPChills.jpg (906x1232, 130K)

something better than USSR mass housing

where is
>our data shows only a small number of trainers import Pokemon between games
"small number" should be in bold or Italian's too

is this an Ocarina of Time skin for link?

>Why do people defend this?

Attached: 1536841620090.png (800x600, 76K)

Yeah, turns out the 3ds is more powerful then the switch.

Attached: same models.jpg (2048x1140, 762K)

What am I looking at here?

I'm a competitivefag so I can't help it but only getting it pre-owned, fuck giving a single cent to gf

>fewer content
>botw
doesn't that game have a 50h long speedrun?

>3 good games with effort on it vs literally shit by the worst gaming company
Hmm. I wonder why.

Attached: 1560463017618.jpg (1200x1077, 356K)

Shills feels personally offended if why make criticism to a fucking bad and lazy game. I fail to understand it.

it has less content than previous zelda games for things like dungeon variety, story, characters

They reused the 3ds models from 6 years ago, same animations. Yet that's their excuse (and shills believe it) is it's too hard for them to do it so.

Attached: town-1536879968037_1280w.jpg (1280x720, 169K)

Source?

We already saw floating buildings and things without shadows on them. Also, water reflects and clouds. Even pokéballs has no shadows when they're zoomed out.
By the way, why do you ask for more proofs if you will ignore it and eat GF shit, anyway?

Nobody ever played Pokémon for the graphics

Attached: 08DB8509-D6F6-4292-AC1D-76B8D3F4B8C5.png (56x56, 4K)

i came to laugh at pokeincels

Cope

D-demo of a p-pre alpha not representing the final game. Daddy Nintendo will f-fix it, you'll see!

You wanna try that again?

people out there defend hitler ffs

What do you mean? It was great for its time.

N64 was an absolute shit console compared to PS1, with a library so small it's actually hilarious, but it did have its amazing classics and the one you posted surely is one of them.

Attached: 1536602325718.gif (200x200, 108K)

Because of pic related

It's easier to accept thing that to question it.

Attached: e9e.jpg (1024x960, 115K)

it's soulful

>N64 was an absolute shit console compared to PS1
But this is false, the PS1 and PS2 were by far the weakest and shittiest consoles of their gens

wew

World isn't a real MH game

Its true though, PS1 is basically an overclocked SNES. It was always at its best doing 2D games, N64 had way better looking 3D games hands down

LGPE imported the models and we know that they are using the same engine.

>Five hours a day, three days a week
KEK

That game looks unironically better.

So GF can make not-copypasted clouds?

>Gen 8 is critically panned by commercially successful
>Gen 9 is the "Entire game is Wild Area with good graphics" entry that we wanted
>People love Game Freak again

Attached: Breathing.png (298x268, 34K)

Iwata had already long exposed Game Freaks' devs, every single one of them is basically YandereDev tier. People are use to their shitty games and continue to purchase because they must get the latest version to play with others. In the meanwhile kids and other normies that don't use the internet much just don't know shit about it or care, so they all go buy it anyway, that's where Masuda always puts his hopes on.

Attached: D8-fyzcUwAAlzS7.jpg (1200x655, 114K)

>Implying SS are going to play well
These games will suck just as much as the last games did and look just as bad, but now they'll also have half the content for double the price.

>everything floats the game

kek

NINTENDO

>the "Entire game is Wild Area with good graphics" entry that we wanted

Attached: 1280w.jpg (1280x960, 157K)

It looks better because their A team are working on Town instead of on Pokémon for some god forsaken reason.
Even then it doesn't really matter because looking better than SS is easy as hell, and Town still looks like shit.

>The A team is on town!! heehhee!!

why do people keep saying this?

Town is an incredibly small game that takes place in a single town. If their A team is working on it, and it's not out yet, that says a LOT about Gamefreak and how fucking garbage their studio is.

Because it's literally true
>“There are two different production teams here, simply named Production Team 1 and Production Team 2,” Onoue explained. “Team 1 is fully dedicated to Gear Project, while Team 2 is for the Pokémon operation.”
>“What that means is that Game Freak as a company is prioritising Gear Project, which is production team number one, more than Pokémon in general. We are always trying to create something that is equally exciting, or more exciting than Pokémon.
videogameschronicle.com/news/game-freak-prioritising-original-game-projects/

i mean graphics should be the last thing to touch up when making a game

This needs more than touch ups, people focus on the bad tree textures but the entire Wild Area looks like utter crap.

Thanks for the laugh

Attached: 1427437374760.jpg (794x750, 141K)

Attached: D9R2dWuX4AYfyoF.png (737x464, 46K)

>increased draw distance

This would be understandable, except characters and Pokemon don't spawn until you're 15 feet away. Game Freak just sucks at making 3D games. You would expect with lower texture and vegetation that they could at least increase draw distances and performance, but they can't even do that.

BotW has better draw distance while also rendering a shitload of vegetation and actual lighting/shadows. I'm not asking for BotW: Pokemon editon, I'm asking for Game Freak to show a similar level of quality compared to a game originally made for last gen hardware.

Attached: wreedgv3spgz.jpg (1280x720, 193K)

>five hours a day, three days a week

Attached: 1503324008700.jpg (370x278, 18K)

Feels great being part of the 10%

Attached: 1560019284842.png (621x640, 277K)

youtu.be/lSxpEvha2pc

The one on the left is the partner Pikachu from Let's Go Pikachu. The one on the right is the Pikachu from the 3DS and all the other Pikachus from Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.

a better question is why do you guys care ? why do any of you care ? im asking both sides here

I want Pokémon to fail so that things can finally change. Whether that be Game Freak bucking the fuck up and actually putting in effort, the IP being handed off to a more competent dev, or the franchise dying entirely so that the genre can finally be free of its cancerous influence, a change is necessary.

Attached: 1560812279307.jpg (960x795, 63K)

Game Freak's problem is that because they refuse to adjust their resources and timeframe for each project, they have to cut back on the scope of the game. A competent company would define the scope of the game first and then base their resources and time around that, but GF has always done the opposite.

The problem only exists because they based their entire business model around having a constant stream of merchandise every year. The games are nothing more than a yearly advertisement to get people spending money on plushes, cards, clothing, etc where they make the most money. This is why boycotting the game does nothing. You have to boycott the entire business model which will never happen.

Attached: iron-triangle.png (739x521, 66K)

The textures on the buildings here look fine, hopefully they really will fix the goddamn trees.

Attached: 1558941354084.jpg (532x960, 96K)

Is that a sprite?