Morrowind thread

Morrowind thread

Attached: 7t5584938.jpg (600x456, 50K)

Alright.

Attached: 1513892644315.jpg (726x1100, 146K)

home......

Telvanni or Redoran?

bad game

>go into random cave
>pitch black
>use torch/lamp
>hmm seems empty
>light at the end of the of the corridors
>hmm why is it all red? Lava?
>start hearing schizo whispering
>start scanning the room in a slow 360
>move into the red light
>whispering is louder
>torch goes out
>fuck
>3 naked Ash monsters with no face start charging me
>barely make it out alive
fuck the 6th house and fuck Dagoth Ur
fucking creepy no faced fucks with your blight shit, that's the scariest shit I've ever seen in an RPG

>>pitch black
I don't remember this game ever being dark.

If the Nerevar didn't kill Dagoth Ur the mountain would've never errupted.

As with all things, it's the Tribunal's fault.

You need to play it with the graphical overhaul, which adds darkness, where it is practically impossible to see unless you have a light source. I personally play it with mildly active mode so that I can at the very least go through some dungeons.

I still haven't beaten it.
At least I managed to get that Telvanni House.

Is it worth it to get 85 rep to skip the hortator and camp quests?

vivec and almalexia could have intervened. Especially vivec, who is imo the biggest dick out of the bunch. Sotha Sil probably was dead before the game started.

the hortator quests are too short for them to be a real obstacle, the only annoying one is in ald'ruhn

also make sure you are a speedy boy with levitate unless you like long trips

To this day, some of the most fun I've ever had playing a video game.

I remember trying to collect all of the unique items in the game, stumbling across numerous high-value artifacts tucked in various books and crannies, trying to build a complete set of Daedric armor, building a small shack made entirely of pillows...

As much as I enjoy Skyrim, the lack of uniqueness of some of the equipment is what gets to me. I liked how the boots of the apostle in Morrowind were tucked high up a random room in a random dungeon, with no indication that they were there. You just had to go "Hmm I wonder if anything interesting is up there" and zip on up. And reading online about underground Viking burials in caverns and seeking them out. God, the game was amazing. There were a ton of copy+paste dungeons, don't get me wrong, but there were a lot more unique destinations as well, compared to Skyrim and especially to the shitstain that is Oblivion

>literally the most powerful wizards in the province who live in a meritocracy where even slaves can become nobles if they have the cunning
Vs.
>a bunch of savages who live in bugshells and solve their political problems with fistfights

Guess

Morrowind simply had more interesting caves and moments where levitation is already expected of you, there is so much hidden shit just for players that explore everything properly.

Meanwhile Skyrim has some dogshit caves and the level scaled items/drops make me vomit.

I'm making a Balmora expansion mod, but I want to do it in a way that isn't ridiculous like some other Balmora expansion mods out there. I was thinking of adding a brothel and a jeweller so far, but I'm kind of at a loss as to what else I could add.

Nerevar personally killed Almalexia and Vivec probably just faded away after he lost his power. The reality is that Morrowind was always fucked unless Dagoth Ur won, but obviously that would mean an actual plague mind controlling the rest of Tamriel. Morrowind was just kind of the sacrifice that had to be made, even if the volcano didn't erupt, considering the empire was inevitably going to take the rest of it and suppress the native culture.

Level scaling ruined so much of what was great about Elder Scrolls. It was nice being able to go to any area in the game not knowing whether or not you were going to get absolutely trounced. Skyrim you can pretty much go anywhere, just avoid certain enemy types.

And the scales drops ruined the gravitas of ebony, glass, and Daedric items. I remember you used to have to scour the lands for these armors, sometimes killing the one or two characters in the entire game who had a particular item in order to complete the set.

But now you just have to wait long enough and any common bandit will be brandishing glass armor.

Cranking the brightness way down makes it so much more comfier, especially interior lighting. There's so much personality added to different locations with the different light sources they use.

Wait so everyone used boots of blinding speed and cheap ass levi enchantments? Never got to talk about this game with anyone.

Also

Helm of Oryn Bearclaw
Fists of Randagulf
Dragonbone ChestPlate
Boots of the Apostle/Speed

Trueflame/Spear of Hunter/Mace of Aevar Stone Singer

>want to not play the same race I always play
>but bretons get that incredible 50% magic resistance

i-it's okay, i didn't want boots of blinding speed anyway

>cheap ass levi enchantments
I just made one myself, you can also get some in Tel Fyr's tower I think

So Morrowind had scaling with Daedric Ruins. Eventually all you run into in Ruins is Golden Saints and Dremora Lords.

Also due to the lack of leveling you can quickly become overpowered in Morrowind, it is just a really slow as shit start.

Just use the dispel trick.

I think most non-named enemies scaled, but having named enemies not scale is a huge addition.
>you can quickly become overpowered in Morrowind
Difference is you already start overpowered in Oblivion and Skyrim. In both of those you can enter the open world, go into the first dungeon you see and mash attack through the whole thing. You can pretty much play the entire game like that actually.

Yes, there was a degree of level scaling in Morrowind. Not all Daedric ruins followed these rules though IIRC. Some would still have atronachs late game, while others had Golden Saints even at low levels. The one where you get that incredible shield, as an example, I believe (Ibn-Dur?)

I mean it's okay on your first playthrough because you simply can't know but in a second playthrough getting boots of blinding speed and a 100% magic resist for 1 sec spell is the first thing to get so you don't move around like a slug and have your vision still intact before putting them on.

You can make your own levitate enchantments, permanent ones on equip. But yeah I think otherwise the only real thing that breaks the game is alchemy, that gear isn't even close to the havoc you could cause in the game.

This is dope as shit, a small detail yet it makes sense given to how Morrowind felt like a completely handcrafted experience for the most part. Why did the developers half ass Oblivion so much?

It still has it's moments but it feels like the Elder Scrolls series was completely wasted at that point. I remember seeing all the almost morrowind shit in Oblivion too, then by Skyrim it was all gone.

I'll never forgive them for what they did to my dunmer in Skyrim

blowing up vvardenfell? The Argonians fucking them? Which reason?

It's revenge for the
>outlander
meme in Morrowind, they are the outlanders now in Skyrim.

Making them bland dindus instead of prideful and full of culture.

Which would be neat if the game did anything with it at all, but it doesn't. I'd at least like a "well they don't like outsiders and neither do we" from Ulfric or something.

Guys, GUYS
>Azura
LOL

Attached: D52MxpxXoAETu9r.png (660x895, 216K)

>prideful and full of culture.
Orcs were talking like low INT fallout characters in Morrowind even through text and suddenly they know the common tongue in Skyrim but are too stubborn to get out of their shitty clan tribes.

Lore makes no sense.

Vivec could have STOPPED the moon or thrown it back instead of just pausing it, but he had to be a glory-hogging piece of shit and hold it above everybody's head as a symbol to worship him
It's all his fault

I can actually understand why he would hold the moon there. He was an ascended mortal that needed to prove his divinity by such a display. That said, instead of letting it crash down he should have send it away in an act of mercy.

If it's a meritocracy, why are at least half of the councillors batshit insane?

Might makes right. They're nuts, but they're the strongest magic-wise so that means they're the best for their positions

While it's not necessary, it's still one of the requirements to be a successful and powerful mage.

Attached: Telvanni.jpg (1818x1600, 1.15M)

None of their councilors care about the Telvanni house, Therana lost her marbles, Dratha hates men and Aryon is totally cool with it if you kill Gothren just because he's an asshole.

Christ man, I'd rather go for the bugshell guys.

Sorry guys, but I can't find this game fun at all.
It's just.... So boring man.
I can't seem to get into it, normally I would go rambling and writing a 500 word essay on why I hate this game, but that's a waste of time.

But the problem is that I have giant autism, I can't play a newer game without clearing the older one, otherwise I will never be at ease with myself.

For example, I want to do the solstheim dlc in skyrim, but my fucking autism kicked in, and now I have to play the entirety of morrowind + dlcs just so I can go back and play skyrim.

The council is a political institution that should be made up of farsighted and administratively competent leaders, not the insane maniacs who can levitate the longest.

Yes, but anyone who suggests that to them is going to get incinerated or gangraped by daedric monsters. So nothing officially gets done, and House Telvanni keeps to itself

House Telvanni is all about being a mighty wizard and doing your own wizard stuff while not caring about anything else. They got exactly the council they want and need.

Dragonborn chestplate or Ebony Mail?

Glad to see that we all can agree on the answer to the initial question: House Redoran is superior in any way and the only sensible choice for a Dunmer Nerevarine who isn't a "lul so random xD" retard.

Attached: morrowind_abode_by_theminttu-d94cc7a.jpg (1000x873, 841K)

Bro, oblivion's dunmer were a thousand times worse than skyrim's. There was nothing else to ruin by the time oblivion 2 was out.

indoril, you don't need that shit to be a god anyway

Attached: redoran_warrior_by_lelek1980-d5b6zuo.jpg (2025x709, 2.41M)

Attached: redoran_watch_by_igorlevchenko-d76ks3h.jpg (752x1063, 92K)