Why did people dislike this remake so much?

Why did people dislike this remake so much?

Attached: 2199374-box_som.png (490x640, 497K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WKU2tJufQE4
youtube.com/watch?v=8SILyMV6t4g
youtube.com/watch?v=FLkJGagBhVY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Shit artstyle

Bloated. Too much shit like days, seeds, cactus... it's too much for what could be a simple game and all this shit barely matters at all.

I don't like the character design.

I love it. It should have been in the Collection of Mana

For once a Japanese game does an art style that's not bug eyed anime shit and people hate it. Go figure.

It was less a remake and more a re-imagining, the summon function was nigh-impossible to use since it required friends with the game to link up with, the girl's scenario wasn't very good, and every enemy could turn into a super powered version if you killed it enough.

I didn't, but I never played the original.

I didn't. Then again, it was the first Mana game I played.

This is a remake? I want a remake of this
Best game of my childhood

i thought it was fine but it's the only mana game I've played.

It was my first mana game and to this day I still think it's a pretty good game.

it was a remake of the gameboy game i think

Because they're idiots. It's the best version of SD1

are you sure?

Holy crap!

I remember people complaining at the time about cut content since the Grim Reaper guy seemed to just get away scot free when it spent quite a bit of time building up a fight with him

I think that's because he is the antagonist in one of the sequels?

Technically Adventures of Mana is a remake of Sword of Mana in that it's also a remake of the original Final Fantasy Adventure. Some people say it's better than Sword of Mana but it never came out on a relevant system so I never got to find out. You'd think Square'd port it to PC and PS4 and Switch or something since they're on a Mana kick lately but apparently not.

i just remember that this was the game where you learned to use new weapons by fighting monsters who had them.

youtube.com/watch?v=WKU2tJufQE4

>For once
Did you just start playing videogames in 2007 or something

Who knows. I loved this game when I had it, it's all I played for a while in all honesty.

Attached: kot.png (292x292, 138K)

youtube.com/watch?v=8SILyMV6t4g

Well? Is it a good remake or do you just like the music?

Here's some good music from a Mana game I know is good:
youtube.com/watch?v=FLkJGagBhVY

Some of the optional shit involved excessive grinding (ex. weapon forging, class upgrades). The story was expanded and changed, and I guess some people were unhappy by that. Also as said, it was basically impossible to use summons unless you owned two copies of the game. Despite its flaws it's still a great 2D ARPG and one of my favourite Mana games.

Sword of Mana is closer to later Mana games,

Adventures of Mana is closer to earlier Final Fantasy games, chocobo and moogle which you don't see at all in later Mana games

Thing is it’s pretty much like legend of mana, but everyone loves that game because much graphics

Legend of Mana is a pretty different game in terms of gameplay. It's basically a side scrolling beat 'em up.