Switch homebrew now runs android

Supports Shields games, can do geforce now gamestreaming
twitter.com/switchroot_org

Attached: Untitled.png (1265x1011, 669K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hjZvmoRjA1U&feature=youtu.be
damota.me/ssnc/checker/
nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/getting_started/
guide.sdsetup.com/
gbatemp.net/threads/516234/
github.com/blawar/incognito/blob/master/source/main.cpp
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba
reddit.com/r/switchhacks.rss
github.com/blawar/incognito
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Can I hack the Switch without getting banned online?

Attached: 58294106_p0.jpg (320x120, 31K)

nice! still not aa poweful as my phone though

Piracy scenes used to be great, unfortunately hackers are now all attention whores and drama queen that put fame over working together

isnt mgs2 and 3 on shield?!

yes, emunand just got released.

Everyone except the based chinks. They really don't care

Attached: sx os.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Ok, now emulate the Switch on my Android.

Can someone explain to me what emunand actually is and why it's a big deal?

>Piracy scenes used to be great, unfortunately hackers are now all attention whores and drama queen that put fame over working together
I thought they were always like that? Same thing with fan subs that's why when crunchyroll took over nothing of value was lost from the fan subbing community.

Attached: 1486265020183.png (700x800, 194K)

Why would you hack a console just to play android games? Just use a tablet. Fucking nintendofags.

I remember piracy hacker drama from more than a decade ago quite clear.

At one point some of the guys in the wii scene were deliberately trying to overcomplicate things to try to keep people from easily checking out any of their stuff out of some REEEEEEEEEE fit.

>Fucking hacker niggers
Worse part they could just pick up an Nvidia shield and skip 90% of the bullshit
But since it’s Nintendo they actually have an interest

There were beefs from time to time, dont get me wrong but they happened on forums or less publicly via le places, now it's literally all about who's gonna get the most shares/retweets and attention.

>Why would you hack [insert object/system]?
Fun.

Who cares

Attached: for you.png (1400x716, 113K)

I think you are lying, having emunand before did nothing to prevent you from getting banned. I wanted to buy online games and play everything else pirated cause i'm kinda poor, but ended up buying most stuff because of that and now i don't have money for new clothes and phone, fuck dis

>donte to my patreon
>ill only release the final build that actually works after youve donated for 10 years and the switch is already obsolete

Warez scene has literally always been about e-peen and status. Get off this board, underage fuck.

reminder that current switch hacks require chink dongles and contain brick code. I would love to be able to to have an untethered switch hack like 3ds has but until a public exploit is released that works on patched hardware it's not worth it. sadly I doubt the switch will be worth it to hack when it's at the end of its life.

>All those idiots that donated to cemu to get Botw to work all progress on other games slowed down.

Switch has shitton of exclusives worth hacking it for, same as 3ds.

I meant untill it's at the end of its life. It would be great to have full emulation on switch, but this aint it.

based hackers making a better system than nintnendo

The epeen contests were on forum now they all tucking happen on Twitter just under the link for their patreon, be sure to donate or the dev of the hack/emulator will mysteriously slow down

You can hack switch with nothing but a piece of foil and a usb cord right now. If you are scared of having to send payload via USB after turning the device off, don't be, it doesn't turn off until you explicitly tell it to, which you pretty much should never want to (in case of crash and or reboot, you don't have to send payload, it boots to hacked firmware automatically). All of the games for free are worth it.

Spoon feed me where to find games to torrent for a hacked Switch so I can see if there's games that I'd want one to hack for.

Most switches are patched now

Oh. That's a shame. I bought switch the moment it was announced to be hacked.

You deserve it

Why would you ever want to homebrew your console?

No we’re not

mods, fan translations, undubs, free games before they're released

pretty sure there's a browser vulnerability that was recently discovered
youtube.com/watch?v=hjZvmoRjA1U&feature=youtu.be

What do i deserve?

I mostly want it for the custom themes desu

Buy 2 switch.

Only if i buy the new revision, but this one would probably stay unhacked as well.

So you can play Metro on it now? Nice.

Deserve not having money.

Why do i deserve that? I work hard.

So how do hackers will go about playing SMM2?
Buy online, play on emunand, get banned, repeat?
How do you "reset" your emunand to a pre-ban state?

Attached: 1540486341920.jpg (584x466, 50K)

Because you spend money on videogames. On a Nintendo platform no less.

it supports sheild, but does it support sword

You probably won't play that on a pirated switch.

WILL I GET BANNED?????

True i guess
>Nintendo platform
The only platform with games rigth now i can actually play and not get bored with.

So you deserve it because of your spending habits and because of your taste.

What a shame. I was reading a bit into it and thought xcis would be fine.
In that case emuNand doesn't really matter for the switch, does it? Since banning means no online, but you can't go online anyways.

emunand will allow to play legally purchased game online on your clean nand
and it will allow you to play pirated games offline on your dirty nand
before this public release unless you paid for SXOS you had to pick between always offline hacked switch or online available unhacked switch.
Now people like me can buy games like SMM2 and play online but also pirate games like Super Robot Wars T and play it offline

It's not really spending habits, i had a 3ds and psp, bought some games here and there cause they were not hacked before ,but then i hacked the hell out of them.

Yes

Also, taste, why did you buy a switch then, dumbass

The key is trannies weren't prominent.

Primary reason is because it was announced to be hacked, so that I have an unpatched machine.
I also wanted to have a go at Disgaea 5 at the time.
I also wanted to try Zelda since everyone was wetting their pants about it, but in the end couldn't get into it.

Give me an easy guide to hacking

Oooh, I see. So let's say you have SXOS, you literally just boot into OFW with legit game and online with no fear of being banned? And to play whatever pirated game, just go back to CFW which will be running on emunand automatically.
Sorry for the retarded questions, as I said, just started getting into all this.

>anime game
Fuck off, big boy

? ? ?

>now i don't have money for new clothes and phone,
jej

that's pretty much exactly it yeah, you can swap between your 2 nands depending on needs or desire

SXOS is paid
EMUmmc is free but only released days ago and I'm waiting a while for a nice and stable version just in case

that is godlike, I should be able to run that thanks bro

Nope

I ain't risking hacking mine

there's 0 risk wtf

Pretty much this, and for what? Android games
Jesus fucking christ

Amazing, thanks a lot user. I finally connected the dots with this.

I'm aware. I'm aiming to go for SX since it seems to be the easiest/retard proof method. I had enough hacking my 3ds as it is, took way too long back in the day.
A friend of mine showed his hacked one to me and it looked just fine. He installed some DLC before emunand was a thing, I think. Wonder if that would flag him for a ban even if he switched to the clean nand.

Attached: 1535223096558.png (1202x892, 324K)

Well, i have clothes and i have phone, but wanted new pair of sneakers, some windbreaker cause i hate my old one, plus another suit would've been nice. Phone is just old and laggy

For all the newest and oldest games rent free?

Attached: 20190616_113852.jpg (4032x3024, 2.74M)

>no online

Based

I feel bad for anyone who paid for SXOS

Based, pirate all your games, buyfag anime figures.

Attached: figs.jpg (3046x1650, 1.11M)

Emunand skrub. I still boot up rocket league and splatoon when I want online, but as you can see by my games, I gove no shit about mp really
Gotta have that Nanachi nendoroid, everything else is cheap sega ufo stuff

>pirates niche games and indies
>based
No.

No online is a deal breaker for me.

keep sysnand clean
pirate on emunand
you won't get banned

>being surprised an android device runs android

Attached: vO7lRZ7.jpg.png (621x702, 56K)

Emunand....

For real though, everybody told me on russian pirate forum (and russians are hackers and pirates) that having emunand installed won't help you from getting banned even if you have a bought copy of the game, go online - ban.

Emunand is seperate system. Even keep it on different sdcard if you want. You are not modifying system, so running legal games wont be problem

>nothing of value was lost from the fan subbing community.
Tons of value was fucking lost. I fucking hate crunchyroll subs, even the worst fucking meme fansubs are better than this shit. At least with those I learned something with thoe Translators notes, or had a chuckle. God I fucking hate CR.

Hmm, is it available on a current firmware?

never connect emunand to the internet

What about those who installed anything (dlc/updates/games/HB software) before emunand? Will they have to delete those and reinstall them again while on emunand?

This, anyone advising the opposite is simply trying to get you banned

8.1.0 just came out today and no custom firmware supports it atm

Well yeah, emunand is for hacked sp only. Run vanilla when you wanna play mp your original games
They will stay on menu, but you wont be able to launch them

I didn't update yet. But it's probably unavailable for the previous one was well, no?

>nothing of value was lost
You mean besides subs and karaoke for the OP and ED, actually translating honorifics, not spurting memes every five seconds, and not having to adhere to copyright with how dumb everything in Jojo has been? Yeah man, remember Green Tea and Shiny Diamond? What amazing Stands, I'm sure this will make conversing with the rest of the fandom easy and not at all ridiculous.

But can't Nintendo detect them (and ban you) since they are on the sysnand?

sx os and atmosphere work on 8.0.1 if you have a rcm bugged switch, switches that came out after June 2018 won't work

My bad, thats what happens wuth regular sysnand, I havent been banned when I launched it on accirent and it updated hacked software, but other than that it shouldnt shoe up with emunand

I bought mine in march. Is there a similar guide like for 3ds or vita, so i could be sure which firmware is supported and if it really won't get me banned? Like wololo or something. Really don't have much money to spend on games right now and i rather not pay for skyrim and similar stuff,

I don't understand how to tinfoilhat it and what a payload means and why I can't turn it off and on again without resending a payload and all that shit. On the DS it was so much easier.

Right. So to make clear: since I installed smash DLC (nsps) and a bunch of homebrew shit before emunand was a thing (so in sysnand), I should delete them all and reinstall them again on emunand?

Firmware isn't the thing about hacking, they will all be supported eventually. What matters for current exploits are the S/N of the switch, since it is basically a hardmod.
damota.me/ssnc/checker/

Here are codes for exploited devices
nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/getting_started/

Who gives a fuck about mobileshit and shitty android. The Switch is a god tier system, a full return to glory for Nintendo. Homebrew is just the icing on the cake (it runs emulators up to the N64 pretty much flawlessly, and it can also do Gamecube apparently). It is unironically a good thing to support the Switch which is literally saving video games from AAA tranny written diversity quoted western dogshit. Obviously I hacked mine and I pirate everything but if there's one system that will make me go buyfag again it will be the fucking Switch.

Has it been implemented in open cfws or is it still exclusive to sxos cunts who still pay for piracy in this day and age?

>nooo my precious p2p online >>>:(
lmao @ u

Nvm, I just read on plebbit switchhacks that Atmosphere has it in beta\experimental phase. I'll let you fags beta test and ban test it for me then :^)

I'm so confused how this works

Thanks, mate(s). I'm really starting to think those russians are just idorts or i am the one and you are just baiting me. So, i should buy emunand like a sort of software, right? And what else, dongle or whatever that thing does?

If you're going for the paid option you buy SX-OS, which is the custom firmware that can run emunand. You don't buy the emunand itself.

have they found a way to hack patched units yet?
i doubt amazon has pre-patched units in their inventory anymore
about what, emunand?
in simple, not 100% correct but understandable terms;
you dont hack the original Switch 'operating system' at all.
instead, you create a clone of it, and run it off an SD card. they're completely seprate, internal memory vs SD card.

That emunand/custom os won't be affected if i update console's firmware or hwat?

Literally all you need to do is copy some files to the SD card, boot into RCM (either use a hardware bridge, or a paperclip), connect via USB cable, select a payload (which is just an executable file that you send to the switch to boot from exploited mode), and enjoy pirated games and emulators.

Some terminology:
RCM: some sort of leftover recovery mode that Nintendo used officially to repair bricked Switch consoles. Hackers found it, so now you boot into this to run exploits. Only "early" systems are vulnerable to this, Nintendo released hardware revisions that no longer boot into this mode.
Payload: a software that takes advantage of an exploit to run itself (it's literally a single file you "push" to the Switch using a payload launcher)
NAND: the internal memory (think of it like a hard drive, except on a chip) of the Switch.
Tinfoil: it's an old homebrew app that allows to install pirated games. It has been replaced by GoldLeaf.

Not being able to turn it off and then on without sending a payload: the system must be booted into RCM to load unsigned code (exploits). If you turn off the system and turn it back on normally, it will load normally. If you want to load into an exploited firmware, you need to boot into RCM, so what we usually do is use a method that corrupts the first bytes of the bootloader so the system thinks it has been bricked and will always boot in RCM without the use of a bridge\paperclip. In RCM the screen will be black and you can't do anything obviously, so what you do is boot the system into CFW by connecting it to a PC\phone and pushing an exploit to actually boot. It works because the system is not actually bricked, it just "thinks" it has been bricked, but by pushing an exploit you can bypass the real boot process and boot directly into an exploited firmware that allows homebrew.

Attached: 1560115879575.jpg (1357x960, 103K)

It will.
Basically the hacking for the installation of the custom firmware (CFW) is based off of the switch S/N. Firmware has nothing to do with it.
BUT, they need to be updated whenever a new Firmware is released. For example, 8.1.0 came out today, and since no CFW supports it yet, none will work. But they will once they get updated.

based

So, i can't play online regardless then? I can only play it when the pirate firmware actually also supports the official one?

I got banned thanks fags

true
they only want money

I'll support it for like 1 more year then I'll hack it

then how are you supposed to put games on it

Fucking nice. Don't want to abuse, but can you help me out with this question also? No no no. The pirate firmware (CFW) should always be running emunand, which is a different thing from the Original Firmware (OFW), or as you called it: official one.

So if they don't support it yet, you can just boot into OFW/Sysnand and play games online normally. What will happen is that you won't be able to run CFW, meaning no offline pirate games UNTIL it gets updated.
Your OFW/Online/Sysnand will be safe regardless of everything.

Download on PC, transfer via FTP/SD.

I'm waiting on a pro model and then I'll make my current one the hacked one.

Hmm, so it's either playing online and official and all but you won't play pirated stuff until it gets supported in combination with offical, or playing it like a pirate but you won't get online, am i getting it right?? Sorry, i'm dumb.

blast from the past, fuck me

>all that hassle so you can play some games fro free,
>but because you can get all games free you loose very fast
>no online or else you get banned and need to buy another switch
nah I am fine bros.

Where do I get games besides jumping into whatever bitcoin miners Google throws at me

Some additional terms.

Nand backup: you take this the first time you load an exploit via rcm. Basically, it's a clean image of the switch "hard drive" that allows you to go back to a clean slate.
Efuses: the switch uses this to prevent you from downgrading, it's basically a hardware point on the CPU that literally burns itself off and is irreversible; depending on how many efuses are burnt, the system realizes which firmware you are on no matter what. Now, if you've been paying attention, you will realize that you won't be able to go back to your backup if you do a firmware upgrade. That's why we usually use autorcm (bootloader corruption) to never boot into the original firmware, because that's what will burn your efuses. If you update from within cfw (using homebrew such as ChoiDojurNX) you can update without burning fuses and then eventually downgrade to your original backup because you will still have the original number of fuses.
Banning: Nintendo can tell what you run from logs (telemetry) and other stuff that gets sent when you go online. Some things are huge red flags, such as pirated software, or homebrew (apps that don't exist on official lists). Some other things may be detectable, such as a corrupted bootloader, weird numbers of burnt fuses, and other anomalies that may not be known yet.
Switch brickers: in RCM you can do anything, the switch itself also has no limitations on hardware access. This means that malicious code can literally brick your switch by overclocking it to death, overvolting the screen, burning all fuses at once, and so on. That's why you need to get nsps and executables from safe sources.

No, but why would you want to give Nintendo 20 dollars anyways. Isn't the whole point of hacking the switch free games?

Let's say you hacked your switch.
When you boot it up, it will present you with a choice:
OFW or CFW.
If you pick OFW: will always work, can do online but only with original media.
If you pick CFW: will work if current version supports current firmware (may take a while but will come, you can always hold off on updating as well): cannot do online, but can play all games/emulators/etc for free.
You can switch between these two at will, one will never lock you permanently out of the other.
And it's fine user, I'm still learning some details myself also.

guide.sdsetup.com/
A free method of using emuNAND got released yesterday, it's called emuMMC.
>have they found a way to hack patched units yet?
Getting there.

way too much hassle

>All that hassle
Takes literally 30-60 minutes depending on how well you can follow a idiot proof guide

>B-b-b-b-ut no online in games
If you MUST have online in the less than dozen games worth playing online you can buy them. And pirate the other 99% of the switch library

>You get banned
Been using emunand for 8 months here. Still not banned. Excited for Mario Maker 2 online.

You keep a system copy that doesn't go online for pirated games. What games do you even want online outside a few? Though really it doesn't look like much hassle only if you buy the $50 sounding hardware that installs the paid cfw

It's actually fucking ridiculous that they charge for such shit quality. And they get away with it because they brainwash people into believing they NEED Crunchyroll if they watch anime and want to support the industry

I got a new switch off ebay a few days ago,in case it's a patched model,should I avoid upgrading the firmware/connecting to the internet in case of future cfw?

A new firmware literally just came out today that stops cfw working so yes don't update it.

It's what I would do, yeah. There is no telling how long it will take but better than missing out on hacking completely.

>still not aa poweful as my phone though
The Switch actually does quite well on Android benchmarks, it's as powerful as a Galaxy S9, and way more powerful than the Huawei P20 Pro or the Xiaomi Mi5.
The lower resolution and better cooling also helps it perform better than those phones.

>Takes literally 30-60 minutes depending on how well you can follow a idiot proof guide
Still need to find a not jizzed on switch with the right hardware
Well even when I don´t get banned the possibility of bricking is still there. Also youstill loose very quickly interest in taht shit

this,
I'm gonna miss the Wii, 3DS, & Wii U days when hacking was easy as shit for lazy folk and you could go online without ever worrying about bannings.

Attached: familykid.jpg (335x380, 33K)

>Possibility of bricking
I'm gonna stop responding to you now.

So you have to press pins down or some shit?

Switch hacking is easier than 3DS

>Brainlets thinking it's hard to do
lol

Wii U was peak hacking kino. Still use the little guy to play Mario Kart 8 cause free online.

Attached: 1539759190659.jpg (900x900, 190K)

Don't you want to keep your ofw as high as you can? That is, aren't there benefits such that hackers are constantly updating cfw so it can sort newer firmware? Or is all of Nintendo's firmware literally just antipiracy bloat that has no benefit? Wondering if a Switch already updated to 8.0.1 is worth it out if I should get something older on ebay.

Also where are "trusted sources" ?

Ya maybe SoundHax were but NTRboot is pants on head retarted proof.

So I could play mobage on the switch now?

There's a program called Incognito which lets you delete your Switch's serial number. It means that your switch can still be connected to the internet, but official servers won't be able to know which switch is yours and ban it. (Still blocks online play though)
After that, you can use freeshop to download all the games you want easily.

Is flappy bird not good enough for you?

I already own all the online games im going to want to play (smash, mk8, and mm2 preordered)

can i pirate all the other offline games with this method? or would it require wiping my whole switch?

You would have to setup EmuNAND which would copy your current system to a virtual one on the SD-Card where you would stay offline all the time so you don't get banned.

That's what I do.

Fucking poorfags, just buy one for online and another for piracy.

Use 90DNS
gbatemp.net/threads/516234/
DON'T DO THIS
INCOGNITO IS MALWARE

Why support kikes when both work on the same console?

that's the emunand serial and not the sysnand serial right?

But how does it run?

->

>this is malware
github.com/blawar/incognito/blob/master/source/main.cpp

lol

Yea Forums getting baited
you will get banned

It doesn't really matter what your ofw is. You usually take the backup before you hack it, then never go back to ofw. Cfw still requires the original firmware to be installed in nand, but you never "clean" boot into it, you boot with exploits via rcm (especially if you use the corruption aka autorcm). If you want to go back to a clean slate (ie: because you want to send your Switch in for repairs) , you restore your nand backup. Because it's most likely going to be a downgrade, you must prevent burning fuses by always updating from cfw and never doing a clean boot.

It technically doesn't really matter if you don't want to go back to clean slate. Because of the way RCM works (it's a full recovery mode really), the switch is nearly unbrickable, and you can technically go back to any firmware as long as you boot from RCM. That's why if you accidentally mess up and somehow manage to burn all the fuses at once (don't ask), you can still boot to any firmware from RCM; of course your switch will never be able to clean boot again.

As for firmware versions, I don't know. Some games used to work on specific firmwares and would crash if you ran them on lower firmware with checks disabled (such as the piranha plant dlc from smash).

Trusted sources are official repositories from home brew devs and hackers, and unironically reddit (piracy, switchnsp, switchbacks). For piracy, again reddit, and the switchnsp discord.

you will get banned if you are retarded, which is a nice benefit since it filters out the idiots

It used to be closed source, and the developer is quite shady, so for a long time no one recommended using it.
I'm glad he decided to change his ways. What about Tinfoli DZ? Did he liberate that one too?

>deleting your PRODINFO
I Shiggy diggy

>Because it's most likely going to be a downgrade, you must prevent burning fuses by always updating from cfw and never doing a clean boot.
Or just backup your clean NAND agafter every update?

>you will get banned if you are retarded
so...everyone on this site?

Disregard this user, Incognito is not malware. It's just that the dev triggered some discord trannies hard, so now they're going around trying to deter people from using his program. 90DNS is a functional alternative, but do note that you'll need to reactivate it each time you change wifi (which can be a bitch considering it's a handheld console) and if the server ever goes down one day without you knowing about it and you try to go online, well you're gonna end up proper fucked.

I haven't tested with emunand actually, but logically it should if you use it from your emunand.

Yeah.

Attached: 1560243444990.jpg (443x455, 96K)

This is incredibly retarded.
>have game console
>hurf durf better put android on it
Just fucking emulate Android on a decently powerful PC if you have to. Christ.

you still need to buy the online games, piratecuck.

Except the NAND will never be clean if you ran home brew even once. That's why you take it the first time and then not burn fuses again so you can downgrade to a clean slate.

pc's aren't mobile

Still little confused. What does "clean boot" mean? I'm thinking of getting a Switch so I assume most are going to be nearly up to date and thus have most fuses burnt. Should I care about this for any particular reason?

Which if there would be any I would gladly do.

If you have a clean NAND and update that it's still going to be clean without ever going into RCM or use EmuNAND of course.

>emulating android when you're most likely posting this from an android device yourself

Clover best Yea Forums app btw.

>Disregard this user, Incognito is not malware. It's just that the dev triggered some discord trannies hard, so now they're going around trying to deter people from using his program
Blawar is a fucking nigger. I will never respect ""people"" who write propietary/closed source software.
Dilate harder chink

eh my switch is orange so I doubt it's hackable
I'll probably get another towards the end of the gen and play the games that were too expensive

speak for yourself zoomer

>Getting there.
where can i read/keep up with this?

If you want mobile, just use your fucking smartphone or tablet THAT YOU MOST LIKELY ALREADY HAVE. FUCK.

Attached: 1559436070712.jpg (638x1024, 163K)

Attached: nintendo btfo.jpg (504x378, 68K)

The firmware version does not matter as much you would have to check the serial number if the switch is hardware patched or not. Clean boot is when you don't insert the jig and boot into RCM which makes it possible to run CFW. Just a normal boot how Nintendo intended it to be.

>#1 deterrent to switch hacking is people not wanting to get banned from nintendo online
>waste dev time on porting android to the console to play games that would run better on your phone

how about some reliable security spoofing or something?

Playing on phones is cancer. Playing on desktop is not comfy.

well you can play any singleplayer just fine.you only have to pay for online games from now on

There's always drama queens and kings, but it used to be more like a competition on whi hacked it and developed a more efficient method of doing anything.

Now they're all slow and either spammed to death but not released for attention or "pay up my patrron"

I get most of that. What's the downside of "never being able to clean boot" though? Can't I just boot something regardless without any difference?

A guy named Adamantcheese recently made a fork which adds a lot of great functionality.
It's called Kuroba, I recommend you check it out.
github.com/Adamantcheese/Kuroba
Tiananmen square
I hate that fucking site, but all the homebrew developers post on Niggerddit.
Add this to your feed reader:
reddit.com/r/switchhacks.rss

Cool. The Switch may finally get games from this generation.

lol @ pirates

get a job you parasites

Clean boot means pushing power button -> Switch boots.
This is the process that checks some things, ie if your efuses number matches with the firmware installed. If it doesn't match two thing happen: less fuses - > system burns the required fuses and boots (this is basically what happens when you first boot after an update) - more fuses - > system has been tampered with (downgraded) system is now bricked.
That's why you boot from RCM, being a recovery mode and all, it bypasses whatever check happens during a normal boot. By pushing a payload, you trick the system into running the exploit and then boot on whatever is installed on nand (plus additional modules that allow piracy\unsigned code) regardless of fuses.
Of course your Sysnand is encrypted with system unique keys, so you can't just boot my NAND or some NAND from the internet. That's also why it's important to take a backup (whether clean or not, I prefer to have a clean one so I can go back to a fully clean slate with no leftovers from hacking or piracy). Of course an unclean backup still allows you to recover from a brick (IE corrupted sysnand or running a malware that burnt all your fuses at once).

I was gonna correct , but since he is an obvious shitposter I won't reply to him any further after this. I advise everyone to do the same.
I am only writing this post for people who are looking for genuine information. What I said in and is true. If you doubt the veracity of my claims, you can check out the program's source code here : github.com/blawar/incognito
I highly advise everyone to use Incognito. It is a much better, easier alternative to 90DNS.

>I was gonna correct 466943378, but since he is an obvious shitposter I won't reply to him any further after this. I advise everyone to do the same.
Still waiting for the Tinfoil DZ source code.
Got something to hide in there, blawar?

That nigger is talking out of ass, you can totally boot into the clean original firmware, but ONLY if you have setup EmuNAND so the system you play pirated games on is a different one from the original the switch came with.

If you don't setup EmuNAND and play pirated games you can boot into the original firmware still, but if it has a working internet connection you are pretty much banned then. So you would have to restore the clean backup before going online with your OFW which EmuNAND solves.

switch hack
>do all these things
>use paperclip
>more things
>oh shit, did I just brick my shit?
>can't play online
>PAPERCLIP

wii hack
>go to website and click install
>grats, you now ready to pirate like a pro
why can't hacking be easy again

Attached: 1544400462541.jpg (1000x861, 130K)

Aight so I hacked my switch last year what’s this nvidia stuff? Isn’t that invite only? How’s the latency?

Do not use a paper clip that shit might fuck up your pins.

Use tinfoil. That shit is easy. Just fold up some tinfoil and hook it into your joycon while you slide it in. Super fucking easy

why is it so difficult?

>wii hack
>>go to website and click install
>>grats, you now ready to pirate like a pro
>why can't hacking be easy again
You're very obviously a zoomer LARPing as a boomer.
All hacking scenes are a clusterfuck early on, what you're talking about was literally the LAST Wii hack released.
At least with Switch hacking you don't need to own a specific game.

>dreamcast hack
>burn disk
>good to go
zoomers will never know the good ole days

Attached: 1530523783907.jpg (1500x1378, 425K)

I guess my only concern is can I easily use lower firmware on emunand if my sysnand is up to date and already burnt all the fuses. Sounds like you basically answered yes since the exploit in rcm will bypass the fuse check. Definitely going to back up sysnand and use emunand; sounds illogical to not do so.

Think I understood this much. Thanks for the clarification though.

and because of you the dreamcast failed.

>Switch will never leave the "early-on" stage

Attached: rainyfeels.jpg (630x519, 125K)

>bought one
>i'm the problem
not my fault sega only sold like 10 of them

It wasn't exactly easy during the first few years. If I remember well, you had to be on a specific firmware and buy a game with a bug in it that created a corrupted save file, which would enable you load files to install the CFW (which you had to do yourself, step by step). We didn't get Letterbomb until waaaay later.
Give it some time. What the switch scene has managed to do so far is already pretty impressive, it'll only get better as it goes on.

Sure hope you have a MIL-CD capable Dreamcast, else you won't get free vidya gaem.
Also,
>playstation hack
>have to solder in a modchip or use a spring like a nigger
>n64 hack
>lol

is it possible to do this without a jig? i have no fucking idea how to make one and i don't really want to break the little pins. I also don't want to buy off ebay. the DS was so much simpler in that regard.

Don't use tinfoil unless you want your Joycon stuck in wireless mode.

Just buy the sxpro dildongle ;^]

>I also don't want to buy off ebay
Why? it's like a dollar

Who would win, Nintendo or this small clippy boi?

Attached: 20190618_101844.jpg (5664x3184, 2.73M)

Most Nintendo updates are just "stability" patches yes. That disable cfw for about 1 day to 2 weeks

8.1 just came out hours ago. Blocks firmware.

Oh you mean emunand which has been available for 8 months for paid and just came out at the weekend for free users? You mean that?

I haven't tried emunand yet but yes, it would be possible to use a lower version (not sure what the point would be tbqh). I'll wait to use emunand until it's known if Nintendo can detect it. I don't want to accidentally mess up my fuses and prevent my ability to recover the nand backup I took by accidentally booting into a higher firmware.

It's possible by using a bent paperclip. I did it this way, took me a couple of tries. Just make sure to short the right pin or there is a risk of shorting out and killing your Switch (I actually fucked up and did the paperclip bridge on the wrong side of the switch the first time, nothing happened though).
As soon as you boot into whatever exploit is used nowadays (I used Hekate), take a full nand backup to SD card and enable autorcm so you don't have to fondle the switch with a paperclip ever again (and prevent a clean boot that will burn your fuses).

>Also don't want to buy off eBay

Literally why the fuck not? People just print out 3D printed little jigs and sell them for a few bucks

The reason to have a lower emunand than ofw works for the example of what just happened hours ago.

8.1 just came out. Breaking cfw for the time being. But if you feel like you simply must update to play online and shit (maybe you're addicted to Tetris or smash?) you can still boot into emunand that's lower fw on 8.1.0 or 7.X ect ect

so switch users are so desperate for games, they now get excited to get playstore-shit on it? pathetic

That's cool, but I don't give a fuck about android and I really just want a softmod exploit on newer firmware and patched units, not jig/paperclip shit. To the anons running emunand, can you switch to sysnand in a flash? How does online work? Can Nintendo trace you?

>Can you switch to sysnand

Yes. You press the power button for 2 seconds then hit the reset option. You only go online on your stock official firmware. Nintendo can't trace emunand. They can't trace anything so long as you don't modify the sysnand.

So then, if your sysnand is clean and you want to go emunand but your switch is connected to the internet, what do you do? Do you disable the internet on sysnand and proceed?

That is one way, yeah. There are some other tools like incognito and 90dns also.

>Nintendo can't trace emunand.
Is there any "official" comment on this from hackers or someone who actually knows the system in and out? Can't they trace if the system was booted in RCM? If they can't detect RCM boots that would be a pretty big fucking oversight on their part.
But then again it's pretty fucking baffling that they allowed RCM to exist in the first place.

I turn airplane mode on before switching over just to be safe.

But i think it doesn't even matter as Emunand uses its own settings. You'll have airplane mode on most of the time in emunand anyway.

Also, custom firmwares have their own automatic DNS Nintendo server blocking hacks built in. Sort of built in "stealth modes" to cfw that block data. So even if you accidentlly have internet turned on in emunand you'll be fine. In fact you can freely stay connected to the internet in emunand if you wish and use shit like FTP transfer to copy over files. You can connect to the homebrew shop to browse homebrews or switch themes or even download new cores from retroarch.

You just can't play online in games is what I mean by no online.

>But then again it's pretty fucking baffling that they allowed RCM to exist in the first place
RCM is an official feature that is used by Nintendo to fix bricked Switches.
It's supposed to only work for them, the stupid part was coding it badly so that it can get exploited.

It can't be detected because it's a hardware security flaw left over by Nvidia in their chips.

Nintendo can't detect RCM because:
>RCM isn't a bug but an actual feature that is used to repair switches
>using RCM doesn't leave a trace on the system
>it happens before the Nintendo OS is loaded, so they can't know what's going on while it's being loaded
Source: SciresM... I think, maybe. Or m4xw. I don't remember who said it, but I do remember one of the main switch hackers talking about this
Just trust me dude

Attached: bust-it bob burns a blunt.jpg (659x506, 78K)

I see, and between xci vs nsp, which is better?

So i assume i still need to do the pin trick to hack my switch? Or have they finally found a way to hack the switch without using nothing but the usb and a sd?

>mfw I can't hack my Switch

Attached: 1497202241992.jpg (1007x742, 126K)

XCI is a cart dump that only works with SXOS (there are converters though). Normal pirates will seek out nsp files which are the same as official packages from what I can tell (kind of like pkg files you use for PS3 and Vita piracy). NSP can be installed directly using homebrew such as Tinfoil. Some homebrew is also distributed in nsp format, or using an nsp launcher. Retroarch for example needs to be launched from an nsp forwarder (ie installed in such a way that it shows up on the home screen like a game) in order to access full ram and run the mupen core for n64 emulation.

Why should someone trust you, you just want people to suffer

So I can do even more with the system you fuckin brainlet.

They both have their advantages and disadvantages.

NSP are installed to memort. generally has faster load times. It HAS to be installed on emunand or you will get banned.

XCI are drag and drop ROMs. You simply mount them and play. No installing required so they're more convenient. Though they have load speeds of cartridge games which is a bit slower. And if you're using xci that means you're running TXOS which means you can load them from a external Harddrive connected to your dock. So you can have full instant access to every game.

I have 700gb of xcis on my HDD and counting.

Is CFW permanant yet?

>Shield

Can it run MGS 3 now?

>want to home brew my Switch
>but am also dying to play Mario maker 2

Attached: 1554546382790.gif (533x526, 1.53M)

Why not just buy a 512gb SD card abd install them all on there? That'd be better off I didn't exceed the memory right? Out are there some file limitations for SD installing or does XCI remove the problem of a system corruption or something blocking access to any of your emunand? Also by loading you mean you have to stay connected constantly with a cable? Where are save files stored?

>kuroba

This is very nice. Thank you.

4000mah,shitty wifi chip, 330€/$ price point
God-tier

You are a fucking joke man.

So I have the most stupid doubt for this thread that keeps me on the fence with the Switch. Will I be able to keep playing cartridge games I'd like to buy (IE I don't want to pirate Astral Chain) or will it fuck me over telling me to update software and stuff.

Are the newer models already hacked? I have one and I feel so frustrated.

Yes witg the recent release.
I'd wait onwme or two releases down though, for bug fixes and making the install process less obtuse.

No

What if I use emuMMC to extract a save from my clean Switch then put it back after editing it. Could Nintendo detect that and ban me?

No

Interesting, I'll do the same in-case anything gets bricked by a bug or Nintendo has a ban wave from an unknown check, but this is great news!

i just bought a cheap used switch for online play and kept my hacked for sp.

>Possibility of bricking
The currently available exploit makes bricking literally impossible if you have a nand backup. The exploit lies in unmodifiable code that runs before anything else (aka the bootrom), allowing you to do anything you want from there.

Are you the guy constantly shilling it on /g/

ggn

is there a good guide yet to get emunand installed?

Attached: d58ccf12de9e4d91e86c6b55fba1a91a97a0b87c10e159c1ed75fe143a35f263.png.jpg (240x280, 12K)

Up to what system can it emulate?

It can emulate the PS4 at 1FPS since it can also run linux

I wonder if I can play PUBG Mobile on this or if it'll show up as rooted and get me banned or something.

What's the better control scheme: touch or joysticks?

On Fortnite, where it's possible to play console vs. smartphone, which has the edge?

>ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHERS~