Dragon Quest Rank Thread

Which Dragon Quest games are okay to skip? I've heard that II and VII are pretty acceptable to skim over.

Attached: DQ protagonists.png (3084x611, 1.29M)

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/translations/1323/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

skip 1,2,4,5,6,7 and 9

Any of them, none of them, it doesn't really matter with DQ. II and VI are the only real weak entries in the series, but I still think they're worth playing.

You can skip II and VI.
The rest are good. II and VI are good enough honestly but they can be put on a backburner

2 and 6, play 7 last,
Realistically play them all

>skip 5
plebeian detected

>Which Dragon Quest games are okay to skip?
None of them. People who ask "what games should I skip?" should just skip all the games. And life.

Just play through V then start any other entry, realize it’s LITERALLY the same shit and stop playing DQ forever

If it's all the same shit, why does he need to play V? Oh right, because the other games don't have monster collecting and a similar story....proving they're not all the same. Good job.

Attached: what_dqhero.jpg (186x356, 71K)

in terms of main player character design

5 > 6> 8 > 3 > 11 > 4 > 9 > 7 > 1 > 2

>implying you cant skip DmC2, mario galaxy 1, zelda 1,2, most FF games, pokemon gen 3, etc

You can skip whatever you want. However, you personally won't know they're bad unless you play them. If you just take people's word online, then you'll skip every game ever made.

Someone out there will say they hate every game, either seriously or trolling. And you'll never know because you just blindly took their word for it. The only remedy for this is for you to try the game and form your own opinion. You will play some bad games. But at least you know. And you didn't just blindly skip good games and remain ignorant.

there are haters, but some games are actually just bad. people debate over BOTW all the time, so youll have to play that and form your own opinion. other games Yea Forums is doing you a favor by telling you to skip them. like BFA

None of them faglord. All skippers should die.

Where's 10?

How does V and VI play on Android?I've been itching to replay V, and never played VI.

Attached: 1536491836786m.jpg (878x1024, 83K)

1-4 need a remake, 5 is excellent on the ps2 emulator (upscaling works great), never played 6, 7 has, by far, the best leveling/job system and is extremely enjoyable and fun with great pacing. 8 and 11 are very similar imo, both more action adventure than the other titles, but the stories, while generic, are solid and the journey is the most important part anyway, so i would say those 2 are the best games imo.

I hated 9 because you got railroaded into classes and once you changed classes (required) nothing would transfer over to the other classes, unlike in 7. Very time consuming, seems like it was designed to waste your time and keep you grinding forever. and the story and gameplay are a chore, so it's a grind fest if you're into that.

I'm currently doing them in order, with as close to the original versions as possible. Feels good to have my full party in DQ2 finally and the changeup in the overworld theme is a nice touch.

>implying you cant skip mario galaxy 2
Fixed that for you. Galaxy 2 is a pale shadow of the first.

>skip pokemon gen 3
But Emerald is the best game in the whole series. And the last good Pokemon game.

Attached: wha_mou.gif (598x296, 924K)

I need LONG breaks in between DQ games. I hope you aren't trying to power through them your first time through.

Platinum and Soul Silver were also good.

>START WITH THE BEST GAME OF THE SERIES!
>Eh, why other games are not as good, guys?... :(
What a surprise.

Attached: 1559868439894.jpg (800x1164, 211K)

Never Ever Land

I've only played 8 and 11.

No, they really weren't. It was the beginning of the railroading of the series. The special split/moveset changes ruined a lot of Pokemon. The setting was boring. And it didn't improve on Emerald in any way. Opinion.

>Skip 7

7 is honestly one of the best. Why skip it other than the fact that the game is 500 hours long?

People might not like two in modern times, but it was a pretty sweet sequel at the time for anyone who played the first game.

>multi-character party
>multi-enemy battles
>travel by ship
>the entire first game's continent is in the game

Those things alone amazed me as a kid. Also people who hate 6 are high, though 5 is better.

You can skip or start with any DQ game.
BUT production order is always the best way to discover a series.
ALSO, it's better to do the Roto Saga (1>2>3>11) and the Zenithia Saga (4>5>6) in that specific order because there is some nice things to discover in each game since they are related to each other.

Attached: 1534211940360.jpg (900x1200, 100K)

DQ5 (DS version, the party chat is awesome)
DQ11 (Switch version i guess)
DQ8 (PS2 for the graphics or 3DS for the extra stuff)
DQ6 (SNES has better music and art, but the DS one has party chat, better translation and is faster)
DQ4 (DS or mobile. The mobile version has shitty controls but it has party chat, unlike the DS one)
DQ7 (PSX. I hated the remake)
DQ3 (the SNES remake is great)

Don't care for 1,2,9,10.

A couple hours at the end of the day is how I'm doing it. I did pull off a single-day playthrough of the first game some years ago because it was the only one I had as a kid.

All the games are worth playing. The "worst" Dragon Quest game is still good. Then the others are great or amazing.

Attached: DQreactionimage.jpg (1182x1137, 1.11M)

Emerald is overrated. Best game in the series are either BW2 or Hgss

BW2(with hard mode)>Platinum>HGSS>Emerald>FrLg>>>>>>>>>Other

DQ6 is not a bad game.
It is a weak entry in the series, as is 2. That doesn't mean it isn't worth playing. I would honestly say it's about on the same level as 4.

Attached: milly.jpg (431x600, 43K)

I disliked 9 for that reason too
job system was ass compared to VII
not to mention the shitty busybody tasks you have to fulfill just to unlock them

DQ IX is pseudo mmo. IT can be played solo

>DQ IX is pseudo mmo. IT can be played solo
Funny enough, so can all modern MMOs.

The problem with DQVI is the characters aren't memorable. The characters only get 1-2 story events, while most DQ characters get a lot more. Nevan doesn't even get one event. He's just a glorified guide to the town that has the boat. After that, you don't even see him again unless you put him in the party. He's like Yuffie in FFVII.

And there's a few other issues wit hthe dual world mechanic. But despite these negatives, it's still worth playing. The "worst" DQ game is still better than most JRPGs. DQVI probably got less content and polish because Yuji Horii was working on Chrono Trigger at the same time.

Attached: 6803f1d6ea332cd0555a1a59c70f0c7b.png (609x1060, 508K)

user...

>I would honestly say it's about on the same level as 4
IV is a great game.
Best cast.

Damn we did good for smash. Luminary is visually the clear patrician option out of all of these.

>GBC
excellent taste

DQV and VIII are the best heroes. You'd know that if you played the games.

I didn't play the games and I could guess that from the way people post about them on Yea Forums. That's why I was ranking patricianhood purely on visuals.

>worse art, sound, presentation, and screen size
>"but muh monster medals..."
The snes remake is the definitive version of DQIII, I have no idea why anyone would argue the gbc version is better.

Attached: 48532492_p0.jpg (1500x996, 1.26M)

I found VIII's hero boring honestly.

My favorite is VII. He looks like some no name dork but being the son of a pirate kimg and mermaid was pretty cool.

Attached: 35938689_p0.jpg (640x800, 193K)

Congrats for the most generic opinion of this board

Should I play the mobile or SNES version of DQ3?
And are DQ1 and DQ2 worth it or should I skip those?

Snes, the screen and presentation are better.

I was told the translation patch adds a few game breaking bugs, is that true?

I only encountered one in III, when you talk to anyone on the second floor or Portoga, game just freezes and crashes

>Give hero 2 aviator goggles

every hero makes sense but this nigger's hat.

No, you're thinking of the snes version of I+II, which is kind of buggy. I have completed the fan translated version of DQIII multiple times with no problems.

Attached: 67196755_p0.png (500x500, 489K)

But VIII had actual reactions and an even more powerful backstory. I like VII as well. But I'm just saying.

>that goof off in the back
There should seriously be a game where the hero is just a Torneko/Goof Off type character while everyone else is super serious and trying to protect her.

Attached: 1424674915177.jpg (385x600, 31K)

Can you please provide a link to download?

some guy on /dqg/ literally just finished a guide for this sort of thing which you might find interesting, OP

Attached: DQG1.jpg (3376x1440, 3.14M)

oh neat it got finished

isn't that just I am Setsuna

>SPINOFF! Is there any word more thrilling to the human soul?
I read it in Troy McClure's voice, fuck

Torneko does have his own series. The original mystery dunheon series was a spinoff about Torneko.
romhacking.net/translations/1323/

Sadly the already patched version on emuparadise is version 1.0. Just go grab the regular Japanese rom off emuparadise and apply this with lunar.

Attached: 47267201_p0.jpg (1200x920, 1.01M)

what do you think of this spin offs?

Attached: dragon-quest-monsters-joker-3-419961.8.jpg (640x640, 107K)

>a wall of text most people won't read
Great guide...

Where the FUCK is my Pro translation?

2, 5, ESPECIALLY 6, and 9. Would recommend skipping 7 unless you find out you really really love the series.

I hate milk toast answers like these. You should just state your opinion instead of being a retard.

Their loss.

They're basically ports of the DS version with actual touchscreen controls.

literally all the best games are on DS and you're a faggot

Zoomer detected

I remember someone commented that they wouldn't play DQ11 because they didn't like the Hero's hair. And my first thought was "You must be a Devil May Cry fan"

Attached: dmc-devil-may-cry-dante-white-hair-unlocking-guide.jpg (900x634, 84K)

>DmC apologists still exist

>I've heard that II and VII are pretty acceptable to skim over.
You have misunderstood. It's a good idea to skip 2 and come back to it later because unlike 1 it adds nothing to the DQ3 experience. It's a good idea not to play 7 as one of your first DQ games.

Neither one of these conditions means 'don't play this game'. But rather 'don't play it too soon'.

What do you mean by screen and presentation?

holy shit, i was in the thread the other day when he was just starting and saying he wanted to be comprehensive, i guess he wasn't joking. the absolute mad man

>emuparadise
They're back?

I played the first DQ trilogy and loved it, but I can't bring myself to finish any other DQ game after that.... Why is this happening?

definitive

Attached: DQ.png (1216x452, 168K)

>someone makes a chart
>people complain it's too complicated so he simplifies it

>another guy makes a chart
>literally copies the previous charts format but adds a fuckton of info to it
>people celebrate it
Make up your minds, people.

Attached: DQ_Where_To_Start_Ver_3.jpg (1635x7758, 2.09M)

This is not a good image. It's needlessly verbose, recommends avoiding the original & most important versions of the games, demonstrates a positive bias for massive gameplay changes in remakes and fails to mention many others, has far too many 'starting points', including DQ3 which many sane people would recommend not playing before 1.

It's bad and I don't like it.

What DQs have you started up and then not finished?

I just finished Dragon Quest 2 and I wish I hadn't played it. What a piece of fucking shit. Skip that one definitely.

Also would agree that this is a shitty chart just based on the fact that it recommends 3 to start with instead of 1. The proper jumping in points are 1, 4, and 8. Nothing else should be recommended, not even 11.

I wonder why

Attached: devil-may-cry-review.jpg (500x530, 64K)

I wanted to play them in sequential order, but lost patience with 4 and moved to 8. It was alright for a while but also lost interest because the story was meh. Started IX because I was told it was also really good but it also felt meh. IX had an interesting hook, but after a while it just become a slog.

Maybe I'm just burned out with the franchise?

One thing to keep in mind, whichever you play. DQ is samey as fuck. Like, Mega Man level of samey, but belted out as 60+ hour RPGs. Barring like, the first or second games which were very simplistic(but by all means indicative of what's to come), if you've played one you've played them all. None of them have particularly amazing storylines. You'll be killing the same monsters with the same weapons and same special moves no matter which entry you go through. The biggest difference you'll find between the games is the wallpaper. All of this is not a dig against the series, they can be fun, just understand what's on the label.

It can be pretty easy to burn out on this series if you go at it too much and too hard. Especially because I feel the original trilogy had a certain something about it that puts it more into classical design elements than the rest of the series. The games can be especially slow to start with. If you liked 2, 6 is probably the best next thing, but I wouldn't recommend that until you beat 4.

Maybe try only playing 30 minutes a day after a bath and then going to bed?

1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, and 11 are all skippable. You won't be missing out on anything.

Go to bed tameem

In DQI+II, yeah, but you can avoid them. Just use savestates.

3 is skippable as well

Maybe its because each new DQ game gets longer. And has a longer start as a result. Games like Dragon Quest VII, VIII and XI don't actually "start" until 10-30 hours in. While some people (like me) like this, a lot of others don't.

What you need to realize is, Dragon Quest is about the journey, not the destination. It's about taking your time talking to every NPC, breaking every pot/barrel, looking in every building and around every corner, etc. Not rushing to the next story cutscene. Again, some people like that, some people don't.

Attached: 1464298329435.png (723x1023, 463K)

Please don't bring that FF tier junk to Dragon Quest.

They were never gone.

I'm confused by the thread
I've been playing the mobile ports because I thought with the exception of 8 the mobile ports are usually just the best version + more or is that just for 4 and 5?
Also I just got the princess and the hangglider thing in 2 and this is definitely more grindy than 1 was but I'm not dying inside yet. What part usually makes everyone hate two? I'm kind of scared

Attached: 1548688323768.png (827x1169, 838K)

Uh, just to be sure you're not just fooling around here, you do realize that since like a year ago, emuparadise disabled all of the links to their roms in response to another site being sued to oblivion by Nintendo, right?

I think Itsuno liked it more than Tameem

Attached: 1554231284198.jpg (210x244, 17K)

>disabled all of the links
Exactly, they only disabled the links.

Screen is made to fit for a phone so things looked sort of stretched. By presentation I meant UI which I find worse.
There's an easy work around that allows you to use their site as if nothing happened. Them keeping all the roms up but "not letting you download them" was just to play it safe, if tbey actually wanted people to not use them for roms they wpuld have removed them entirely.

>I've been playing the mobile ports because I thought with the exception of 8 the mobile ports are usually just the best version + more
This is correct. They also have the most up to date use of glossary and translation.

>There's an easy work around that allows you to use their site as if nothing happened.
What is it?

A work around was mad days later, they only did it to avoid being sued out the ass.
Guides exist online user. You need a script, once used the download option on the site works as if nothing happened.

2 was surprisingly good considering what people said about it.
About to finish 3, cant see how it gets better after this.

Fucking god damn, thank you for the tip-off, user. You made my night.

1,2,6,9, 10
3 and 7 are the best imo
t. vocation system homo

>S: V, III
>A: IV, VIII, XI
>B: VII, VI,
>C: I, II
>NotDQ: IX, X

The mobile ports are just the Super Famicom/DS games ported to phones. I personally think the stretched resolution and touch controls make them worse, but if you don't have a problem with that, it's fine.

The one exception to everything is Dragon Quest IV. The localization team screwed the DS version by leaving out party chat and a few other things. When they made the mobile ports years later, they fixed those things (like they should have from the start). So you can argue the mobile port is the best version of IV. Though its still stuck with one of the worst translations in video game history...

Attached: 1485652868218.jpg (384x287, 71K)

>not DQIV on android with the party chat
>telling to play the best game in the series instead of IV which is a perfect game to discover DQ

>that shitty translation
I'm glad to be french, holy shit

Yeah, I'm surprised how many people don't seem to know about it. It's not hard to set up or anything, takes like two minutes too.

>worst translations
You're brainwashed, it's one of the best.

I'm Scottish and I still had to read this twice. They do realize we don't actually write like that...right?

Reedn text dat apears like dis iz noot fon et al anown. Yur en idioot if you thank odorwize.

Dragon Quest IV is still the only game I haven't finished. Because of this shit. I quit when I got to Alena's chapter. Then I also quit DQ Heroes the minute I saw her horrible accent was in that too.

I seriously want one of the localization staff to make a video explaining how they thought this was acceptable in any shape or form. And give a detailed account of how they decided to do this shit. I highly doubt they'd ever do this to a Final Fantasy game, for fear of hurting sales.

So far i’ve only played 1 and 11 (both of which I enjoyed) I tried playing 3 last week but I just found it boring and I did not care for the class system(loved the music and enemy animations). going to start 4 tomorrow

Attached: 88144005-A61F-410C-8C7D-76047E444B05.png (512x715, 58K)

Stopped playing VII on 3DS after I got the airship I think. It seems like that will really open things up but I lack motivation. I want to return to it but I need incentives I guess. Any tips?

You're over halfway through the game. And you're about to learn the heroes backstory. But if you're feeling burned out, go ahead and take a break. It's a really long game and you don't need to finish it all in one sitting.

Attached: 865be523925eeac257815d5ce52068de.jpg (1250x800, 304K)

>Any tips?
Yeah, stop being a little bitch.

Non-jokingly, I'd give someone actual money for them to properly translate DQIV. A translation of the PSX version of would be beyond ideal.

Attached: 56007-1.jpg (740x747, 177K)

Over halfway? Thought I was like 40% through. It's been months now, so I can pick it back up but I wouldn't know where to go

Roger

>I highly doubt they'd ever do this to a Final Fantasy game, for fear of hurting sales.
Wanna bet? Granted, this expansion to Final Fantasy XIV was the least performing one. And hardly anyone likes Rogue. I wonder if the accents had something to do with that.

Attached: squareenix_localizations.jpg (971x754, 761K)

>It's been months now, so I can pick it back up but I wouldn't know where to go
Party chat will remind you. As well as you just going to whatever the last open shard location is.

Right, thanks
>Square shoehorns that shit in their games all the time
>it's even worse with voice acting (see the huntress in Octopath)
>based France drops all of that shit rewrites the dialogue every time to make the characters sound like they're speaking a normal language

Holy shit you just reminded me about octopath having that shit too. as soon as I finished that bow girls chapter 1 I sold the game

Well at least you helped fund the inevitable sequel, so thanks

What happened to 10?

>skipping games in a JRPG series, even if they aren't self contained.

Brainless.

and 8, 10 and 11
hell skip 3 too, don't even play it, just pretend you played it to justify your hype for "erdrick"

4, lost saves. 5 after the wives, I struggled way to hard to choose. 7 outside the last dungeon. I finished 11, 8, 9

Attached: 1545582242238.jpg (800x805, 57K)

>Off Brand Dragonball
yea naw. back to the flea market with you.

Dragon Quest VI is a must play if you played the original Dragon Quest Monsters.

Attached: thumbs_way_up.gif (500x390, 2.88M)

Am I the only fucker that didn't hate 6 and not have a boner for 5? I loved 5 but I loved 6 almost as much but whenever you listen to western dragon quest fans, 6 is a blight on the franchise and 5 is a godsend by comparison.

Also, dont care if its just because of the smash reveal or because 11 was super casual, glad DQ is getting more love nowadays.

Pokemon Gen 3, along with 4 and 5, is one of the only ones you can't skip, fag. Nobody should bother with the shitty gameboy games when the objectively better remakes exist.

>burgers love shooting, hate reading
>japs know this so they don't bring their shit over.
>we cry like babies when they do.
>when they do bring it over, we all know people are going to complain about it.

Your "joke" falls flat because they brought Dragon Quest VII over. A game that broke the record for most text in a single player game. And the localization producer himself said had more text than Dragon Quest X.

Play the top 5 and you're good.

Attached: DQ Popularity_2019-06-13 ExHentai org(2).png (1712x1914, 298K)

Yeah and how well did it initially sell on the ps1?

It's definitely the smash reveal, I hadn't seen a thread in weeks and now there's like 5 up at all hours of the day.

>game gets no marketing and limited print run
>"lol it didn't sell so that supports my argument!"
Then Dragon Quest VIII and IX came over, also with way more dialogue than a typical RPG, and sold 1.5 million each. The key difference? Those got marketing support.

Clearly the tier list that matters.

Attached: 1546701069120.gif (583x651, 1.12M)

Skip all of them and play Final Fantasy instead.

>Doesn't even mention VIII 3DS, the definitive edition

There are no bad Dragon Quest games, while half of the Final Fantasy games are dogshit.

>wanting to deal with ATB
i'd rather choke on a thousand needles than suffer through even one final fantasy game

Just started Jokers
Will I have to grind at any point, and can I really not check what my spells/abilities do outside battle?
Also, is the starter monster important any way?I'd like to get him to the end

7 was advertised all over the place and it sold only 100,000.

8 had a demo of FF 12 and people specifically bought it for the demo and it didn't even reach 900,000.

9 was on the most popular handheld in all existencd but was bought by less then 1% of its userbase. It sold 1.01 million.

Ya know what game sold 1.4 million units in its first year? 50 cent:Bulletproof.

>playing the same ff5 clone 10 times

Why do people hate 6?
It's nothing really special compared to 4 and 5 but it's kind of a proto 7

>no bad dq games
>can skip all of them because they're so bland and similar
Meanwhile the only objectively terrible ff games are ff13 trilogy and ffxv.

Your focus should be on fusing monsters and getting better ranked ones instead of grinding for levels. Your starter monster is Rank F, and you want to have a full team of at least Rank As by the end of the game.

I think the concept is good, but the execution is kind of poor. Dragon Quest V does the story-heavy first half of the game better, and Dragon Quest VII does the sidequest-heavy latter half of the game better.

Dragon Quest is extremely overrated by its fans. You will find mostly the most basic JRPG you can get. There is beauty in simplicity but it's like with Pokemon. If you have played one Pokemon you have played them all to some extent.

5 and 8 are the most worthwhile games to play in my opinion. 5 offers the most unique experience of all Dragon Quest games when it comes to its themes and comparing it to all video games in general. That's why 5 is the most worthwhile game to play in the series in my opinion. 11 may look nice but it has some of the most generic themes you can find in a JRPG.

I've been emulating VIII for the PS2, is that a decent place to start?

Yeah, emulated 8 looks and sounds amazing. It's one of the best JRPG journeys out there.

I really need to go back and finish the postgame stuff in XI at some point before I forget what even happened.

VIII is where I started. It's a good entry point.

I'ver tried downloading DQ V on bluestacks but I get a download failed when I try to boot it up. Is this an anti-piracy measure?

Milquetoast, you piece of shit.

Regarding I'm enjoying the game enough. The music is fantastic and the graphics are timelessly stylised

... but the gameplay and story (so far) feels a bit too average. Like typical RPG with nothing too different (that I've noticed) that sets it apart from others.

I'm finding myself a bit bored while playing it. I've heard nothing but praise from Dragon Quest with how fantastic and nuanced the story and gameplay is.
I'm not sure if VIII is the best to engage with?

I've played a few final fantasy games (with 6 being my favourite) and I was wondering if there's a dragon quest game more in line with that level of variation in gameplay style and complexity of story.

This, ask about the details of a game and decide for yourself.

>Worse art/sound
>"MORE IS BETTER, ALWAYS"
The GBC versions are basically updated Famicom versions.

10 basically doesn’t exist retard

Try 5 then the story is more personal. You follow the main character as he ages too

>Quit a video game because someone started speaking with a Russian accent
What a fag.

pretty much

IV is excessive.
With everything else though, people are just fucking stupid and can't deal with anything that's not in their comfort zone.

>There are no bad Dragon Quest games
DQ2 is fucking garbage. Nothing redeemable about that game.

You want newcomer smashfags to play the fucking NES version?

an mmorpg that's japan-only

The chart says popular starting point though and most people do start with III,VIII or XI.

Are you saying people should start with the nes versions? I mean I totally get why you'd say that but for a brand new fan I don't think that's a good idea man. Agreed with playing 1 before 3 though.1 before 3, 4 before 5, 1 and 3 before 11.

I've played and completed every DQ (except 10 of course), and nothing felt as grand and fulfilling as DQ7. Wish I could do it all over again, it's just that I don't have the time anymore. 11 was fun, but it's pretty damn forgettable. Mainly enjoyed it because of the gorgeous graphics and exploration, the possibility to experience a DQ game in such detail. I secretly wish they'd remake one of the popular previous games with these graphics.

Seems like Square really need to make definitive versions of these in a collection.

i don't really like how DQ games became structured after 5 (maybe 6)
like they got so long and became less of an adventure and more of a line of MMO quests

They said 3 is next to remake after 12.

Play 1, skip the rest. It's a trash series powered by Japanese nostalgia, there's a reason it isn't popular in the west.

3 >5>6>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit the rest

>There are people in this thread that didn't play male Erdrick with a harem of females.

My dick is diamonds if it comes to be. Thanks for letting me know, user.

II is good you bitches. No reason to skip any of them.

Attached: __prince_of_lorasia_prince_of_samantoria_princess_of_moonbrook_and_sidoh_dragon_quest_ii_and_etc_dra (962x1230, 949K)

based common sense poster. fuck the "milktoast" retard

>gen 3
>not diamond, pearl and everything past gen 5

The only thing you got correct is Gen 3

no they didn't

That game is really really good.

Attached: 1559506492175.png (725x403, 8K)

except X for obvious reasons

How well does VIII 3DS run on Citra?

Fine but it looks like shit

>I hated 9 because you got railroaded into classes and once you changed classes (required) nothing would transfer over to the other classes
Your weapon skills carried over and all the shit you get from the job skillset carry over as well.
The skill points when you lvl up carry over as well.

3 is the must-play IMO, it's the best out of out all of them. After that, while everyone says 5 is the best I don't like it that much cause I feel the pacing of the story is awful and the monster collection just becomes a hassle having to re-gear any new monsters you get.

Honestly you don't have to play them all in order except if you're gonna play 1 or 2, play them before 3 for the best experience, but they're all good games in their own regard, it just depends on what you like out of a DQ game. Some of the later entries are more story focus and have less of the open ended (and cryptic) nature of the earlier games, so pick which of those you like.

So basically if you like slightly more story, start with 4, otherwise try starting with 3. Just play 3 no matter what though.

Attached: dq 3 mini party.jpg (422x199, 51K)

Silly question; did anyone else ever name their DQ character 'Hiro'?

Bullshit VIII was very well received in the west, I remember it getting great reviews, hell my brother and I got it because Xplay gave it a coveted 5/5 (I think)

Runs just fine. If you're a pleb like that faggot you can even upscale it without much issue. Hell, I can run it upscaled on my potato PC.

4 has always and will always be my favorite RPG hands down.