Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

Most of Yea Forums really hates this game and repeats the usual copypasted responses when saying why
Just wanted to know why the people who do like this game like it? It's seemingly not just the parries. Would prefer answers from those people who do like it and not what the people who don't like it think.

Attached: 0afeb86798cfddd17788fa1a6bb7e5df.jpg (685x920, 322K)

I like the game, i like the cast, i like the art style, i like the way the game plays, feels smooth and just fun to play, i like parry, i like how the supers ave a lot of utility and uniqueness to them, i like the pace of the game, its just fun to play, 3S room on fightcade is sadly pure cancer.

Also the aesthetic has razor focus. The progression of the hip-hop tracks throughout the 3 games culminates in 3rd Strike perfectly. Probly my favourite fightan soundtrack.

Third Strike is an amazing fighting game, but a poor Street Fighter.

They're just STautists and total fucking "muh neutral" frauds...don't take them seriously

I unironically like the character select music and the remastered character select music

People who sau this are retarded and have no idea what they are talking about, 3S is a great SF game.

Just play Alpha 3 MAX

3S is one of my favorite games, probably of all time, but I'll chop my balls off it's an even decent street fighter
it's way too anime
same guys that did Heritage after all

It's very fast by SF standards (SF2 is faster but that's about it I think) and parrying does force people to be creative, some of the new characters like Dudley and secret high tier Hugo are just too damn fun too
on the otherhand, Genei Jin Yun is possibly one of the most unfun characters to fight in a fighting game ever

>unfun to fight against
>stupid fun to use with oppressive blockstrings and alpha combos
designed just right

Attached: 1560656566282.png (414x499, 330K)

Makoto is my wife

The meter for Genei Jin should be twice as long, but go down twice as fast (aka lasts as long as it currently does) I feel, my main issue with him is that he can go into Genei Jin way too quickly multiple times in a round (and it forces the opponent to basically run away during it too). Fix that and he's fine imo.

Yeah, him being able to pop it like that feels way too anime, literally, using it to close out a round or as a comeback mechanic feels way better

Remy is legitimately poorly designed
fun game otherwise

because my wife chun li is literally perfect in this game, the OST and animations are crisp and perfect examples what the best were capable of in that time period, and its just a lot of fun to play with friends.
also, parries are cool and anyone who says "you can just spam forward" is a fucking idiot who should stick to MK or Tekken

Attached: 1527702567893.gif (253x263, 37K)

I actually don't like parries

3s is almost perfect in my eyes. But damn, the tier shit ruins it. Yun, Chun, Urien and Ken.
If only the game could get a re-release where everything is balanced...

it is my most played fighter in general but my biggest problems with it are:

>the gap between top, mid and low is fucking gigantic from one another and has a lot of bullshit.

>parries are quite fun to do in general but that shit backfires really fast when you are playing with any characters that has only single hit normals or 2 hit moves. getting parries while playing alex is awful. Being able to do them at any time and spam them in air is kinda shitty though.

>this is somewhat related to balance but i just kinda hate how good some moves are. Shit like makotos command grab having priority against almost anything, even against grab special moves is fucking retarded in general, the entirety of chun li and yun are on a tier of bullshit of their own. the hitboxes and some frame data from the moves are also kidan awful, i remember losing a match as hugo against chun-li and her fucking special hitbox hit opponents behind her.

>Characters like elena and necro are infuriating to fight, the former has a shitload of overheads and moves that are fast as fuck, the latter has a really good dp and specials that can last forever.

it is a bunch of small imperfections that happen to ruin my enjoyment of the game a lot of times.

The worst part is that we could have had a better version of it when sf3: online edition was begin made but elitist fags just preferred the game as is instead of having 2 versions of it. it could have been the perfect game.

Honestly, only the very top and very bottom needs adjusting
>Nerf the Genei Jin aspect of Yun
>Nerf Chun overall
>Buff Q, Twelve, Sean and to a lesser extent Elena
>Just rework Remy entirely
There, balance is moreorless fixed.

>the gap between top, mid and low is fucking gigantic
This is simply not true